Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,693Posts
    • 36,111Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 745
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 11th Jan 18, 4:55 PM
    • 4,837 Posts
    • 59,077 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Superdrug had some boxed hand creams called Flutter at 29p today. Also matching lip balms.

They'd be good for shoe boxes and lucky dips, that kind of thing, but while the packaging seems to be aimed at younger girls, it says on the back to keep away from children, so I don't know...

Last edited by Serendipitious; 11-01-2018 at 9:49 PM.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 11th Jan 18, 4:57 PM
    • 257 Posts
    • 5,293 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good Day lovely peoples

Do you have experience of card readers?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    If I cross my neighbour's palm with silver, she gives me a good Tarot reading
    On my Cancer journey, I've learned that taking a step backward after taking a step forward is not a disaster; it's more like a cha-cha
    • Anon
    • By Anon 11th Jan 18, 5:06 PM
    • 12,162 Posts
    • 139,161 Thanks
    Anon
    Word is you can use 1 only of each of the 3 types per transaction.

What happens if you just do a normal return with the receipt?
    Originally posted by michaels
    The T&Cs do clearly state that any refunds will take the discount into account, which sort of suggests you return a 4 item on a receipt where you used a 3 voucher and you will get 1 back.

I think it safe to say that we need to be grateful we have won any and start to think of ways of using them legitimately rather than (further ways) around the system .

Anon
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Jan 18, 5:08 PM
    • 6,382 Posts
    • 87,675 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Do any of the Elite use HP Instant Ink ?

I see from the referrals board that you can add peoples promo code when you sign up to both get extra months. Would rather use someone I 'know' from the Elite !

Don't want to break any board rules, so happy to go via posts on the correct thread to share the code when I get round to signing up, so just want to work out who to use first of all.
    Originally posted by Bikertov
    Yes I do will pm you.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

Week 1 57.49 miles 137 696 steps
    • Bikertov
    • By Bikertov 11th Jan 18, 5:11 PM
    • 1,565 Posts
    • 9,922 Thanks
    Bikertov
    Yes I do will pm you.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    That's great !

Won't be straight away, as we are still working through the original starter cartridges, but I will keep it to hand for when we are ready.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jan 18, 5:40 PM
    • 16,273 Posts
    • 202,048 Thanks
    mhoc
    Some crazy Milk plant stuff free on COS/CS. @ S
    Originally posted by henrik777
    oh drat, just come from sainsbobs as well ...
    mind you even though we have a store the size of an aircraft hanger it has not stocked any of the more interesting cashback items like the cactus water and moma museli etc so I doubt if it will stock crazy plant milk stuff either...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 6,382 Posts
    • 87,675 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    That's great !

Won't be straight away, as we are still working through the original starter cartridges, but I will keep it to hand for when we are ready.
    Originally posted by Bikertov
    No worries
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

Week 1 57.49 miles 137 696 steps
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Jan 18, 6:07 PM
    • 19,885 Posts
    • 261,010 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Good item vs Sains.:

1x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) 0.20 0.15

That is until we have any good glitch on Batchelors.
    Sains Basics version (I think it's objectively fair to say a usually expensive range when looked at in the light of the normally cheapest range of alternatives available at three other major supermarkets) has recently come down in price on this item. Google cache at sains.co.uk is currently about a week ago showing higher previous price, which didn't help answer whether the item had only come down in price earlier today and msm.co.uk didn't assist. I thought this would probably work though and it has.

This has also now come onto Avs S (and remains also vs T and vs M) for all of about two pence off:
    1x ASDA Smart Price Wheat Bisks (24x18g) 0.69 0.75

Don't forget the milk vs Sains (as with vs everywhere else) if needed!
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (6pt) 1.48 1.50

4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 1.40 1.00

1x Walkers Baked Mature Cheddar Crispy Crackers (5x25g) 1.79 1.00
    Italian Herb will also most likely work vs S, but I wasn't sure if I would like that flavour. I therefore stuck with Cheddar for that reason, rather than because I already knew it worked previously against S.

1x Jacob's Original Mini Cheddars (7x25g) 1.65 1.00
    Since M appear be keeping the post-Christmas cartons at 1 (unless my store has an incorrect SEL?).

As regards M, I did need to get bread from there earlier today (as well as be in town for another reason) so I have been able to see what is in my store. Therefore I have done a price collection of sorts, which is a bit bitty, and nowhere near even checking everything in my one store, but I will be using that in conjunction with online to work towards updating from today by 24th January. From using online yesterday, most of the stuff I saw on 3rd January had not changed. The list is largely being kept up-to-date although I was only seeing msm yesterday. It's possible items I was adding yesterday that I got on 3rd January could be already expired if they had gone up yesterday in M. I was only able to look at msm to see if they were still on - the odd one might not be, if it had changed on m.com (and instore and not yet reached m.com) but not reached msm. The vast majority of the items from 3rd January seemed still to be on however; after all most of them have been on offer for only a week. It's a piecemeal process - I still have to delete expired items that had been due to end on 7th January - I have just been checking new items from 3rd January and will reach the old ones already on there and due to have expired on 7th January at the end and then see if they are still on.

In short, you can use the list but you do need to double-check everything against online. I am eventually reaching today's prices (and maybe I will see what's generally happened next week) in updating over time in the next two weeks.

Some items I had technically lost last week have now returned to my store and are obviously still the same price as they were before. I am unable to track some items so they will just remain on the list until I can check on 24th January and may be out of date: notably Rubicon Pomegranate Juice 1L (I have still to see if the other pack sizes have changed in price online to try to give me a clue as to whether the Pomegranate single pack is still on - most of my stores just have the other flavours that have always been full price - I notice the Ocean Spray are now on 1, hopeless as T or W were from memory about 67p, I do not know if this gives a clue as to whether the Rubicon offer on Pomegranate has or has not ended?). I also can't see Cadbury's Tiffin, Golden Crisp etc. and Tayto crisps at the moment, so again I don't know if those items are still on: they will remain on the list. However, just to be aware that those items I could be expired on: does anyone know if they have ended their offers? (No good for me to try on APG anyway as none of these items are available in my As - probably only available in A in the areas in which M has them, which rather defeats the point.) If anyone sees anything that is out-of-date on my list, please let me know as I am currently unable to do full store checks (or as many stores as would be adequate enough for that).

I managed to get bread in M and ended up spending 50p more than planned as I saw a pack of Kipling Gingerbread Whirls on clearance. However, still cheaper now than a pack of Savers Apple Pies. Regarding the Christmas items, (1) I am noticing but then completely writing off biscuits tins and the like as we have had far better vs W and have QS at 1.25 in T; and (2) there are some that say "Christmas Reductions" and others that say "Christmas Clearance". Effectively they are all clearance items; however I am being very specific as to what the SELs say. If they say Christmas "Reductions", I am including them as potential TBG. However, if they say Christmas "Clearance", they I am treating them as RTC and they should not be compared to from T. The change of one individual word, as ever, makes a huge difference to me. Not that all of the "Reductions" items will be available at TBG stores - we just don't know and I had one item a couple of weeks ago that was only in one of my stores (of a full set that day) that may be thought to have gone now but, as usual, the items are moving round and it's now available in my store on reduction today! I am aware that this is not price collection day for the APG so it's possible some of it could be out of line with what was on offer yesterday - however this is an attempt to get the list in the end up-to-date over the next couple of weeks until my "big" proper collection on 24th January. It's a rolling process - the list is sort of up-to-date (with items that had expired before yesterday being removed already) and will keep being updated at moments through the next two weeks to try to keep it up-to-date but just to be aware that parts of it may be out-of-date as I try to catch up with them.

I mention the Gingerbread Whirls, which certainly won't be at everyone's M, as the longest date I saw on mine is 19th January and by the time I reach today's information it will probably be just before 24th at this rate so will already have gone by then! It's being done in order - 3rd first, then the 5th and the 8th and then today (four dates I've happened to be in M and got details of bits at a time). In fact the information from the 3rd, which I am still stuck on, is turning out to be very useful (when I exclude and don't add onto the list the few items I know have already changed) as a lot seems unchanged online and it has added an extra item in at least one range that I think will be running in tandem. So, I am doing it from the useful information still from 3rd and a bit online to assist with that - I just need to be aware if any of the online offers are online exclusive of course (which adds yet another thing to check!). I think the Venus & Olay Razor which was 5 last week and online more lately may now have gone to 10 instore today so that may be another item to remove soon. I am not doing the 'bold items' thing as the dates when items I have started are not known and I am just adding and removing and changing everything I can, as and when I reach it, to try to keep the list up-to-date.

As regards vs S, I am not suggesting that there are a lot of items that are good on the APG. The items I have bought are, of course, very carefully selected and are among the few that are.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-01-2018 at 6:23 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 11th Jan 18, 6:26 PM
    • 19,885 Posts
    • 261,010 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I compared vs S, so -

See what I mean when I don't check in M?

1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (6pt) 1.48 1.30
    Vs M

It may be a temporary glitch that, obviously, I did not know about when I was shopping vs S. More fool me for switching the comp. over to M now and having a look! I thought I had shopped rather well.
    Semi-skimmed 6 pint, at least, should be vs M (if that is available to you) if you can get whatever price collection this result comes from.

As far as I remember, I have just seen 1.50 in M. (M.com also showing the same.) So, unfortunately I seems I could not have known. A completely different item I saw today, I now saw was on offer but could have been on offer for some time as it showed the period during which what seems to have been the previous price had ended and that ended a few weeks ago. Wish they'd tell me as soon as they changed. For all I know, by the time they put the SEL on, the product could have gone back to full price. I will, in the end, have a look online just to see if that has anything, and if so what, but I can be missing items if none of the stores I see change the SELs - and then of course sometimes a store will constantly show an offer when I think it is off - other items are, it seems, constantly on offer, and again it's the usual trying to work out what is correct! (Hopefully I end up with the right answer almost all the time.) Leave me with it - I have left myself with it! - I shall see what I think is correct. There are also, btw, quite a number of items on RTC in the air fresheners aisle as of today - not necessary very good prices, just around usual offer prices on many of them - but just to act as a pointer to them. And, of course, some Eat Smart ready meals in the frozen aisles that are 1 and have 30p points (those taken details last week - not yet got to them and see if I have added anymore earlier today when I eventually get round to this time). For now, again, I am just mentioning to point at them and acting as a rather useless advertisement for M I suspect. Or, rather good advertisement for M but useless from our POV as just gets us to spend more than we would had we been in the dark and is simply advertising that helps them.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 11-01-2018 at 6:41 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jan 18, 6:32 PM
    • 16,273 Posts
    • 202,048 Thanks
    mhoc
    I remember doing that at t a long time ago
    It would need testing, returning something with the receipt and see if they will return the coupons onto a gift card.

Im happy for now using mine on food, I only have 3 ones left from my first month ap.
    Its finding the "right" food though

marks butter is/was 1.45 so getting a couple of those is good

My little store had some RTC ice cream tubs for 1 - needless to say all gone in my store

Also if anyone watched the food prog the other week that followed the fish processing from Iceland to make posh extra large adult fish fingers from Waitrose - Marks seem to do the same product a shocking 3.50 for 6 but they are at least twice the size of normal fish fingers so 2 will do me fine and then its not so bad price per meal.
    So I got those for 50p with an AP 3 - worth doing a taste test anyway.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 11th Jan 18, 6:49 PM
    • 6,899 Posts
    • 57,127 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    How about these for AP, just seen these on the news didnt know they existed.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/01/28/contactless-charity-boxes-battle-decline-cash-donations/amp/
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 27,275 Posts
    • 378,268 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    ILTS

I don't think they want me to eat them though can you see how they are wrapped that's how they arrived instore
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Jan 18, 6:53 PM
    • 18,548 Posts
    • 201,673 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    This is a puzzle I was given for Christmas, finished it a while ago, it really does require tweezers
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 11-01-2018 at 6:55 PM.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 11th Jan 18, 6:55 PM
    • 135 Posts
    • 1,572 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    My little-ish @'s store which has had no kallo, no cow & gate, no propercorn, no hippeas, no christmas corner, has got raspberry dougnut muller lite. YEAH!!! I can confirm that they are still working.
    Although i'm not a fan of youghurts and usually give them away I did participate in one tonight as I have a tooth abscess (I look like a hamster with full cheeks) and I must say they are quite nice.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jan 18, 7:13 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 113,887 Thanks
    emerald21
    I struggle to do 10, I was trying to think of a way to get a second account.
    I have a card waiting to be validated (bank insisted on sending me Tel banking number so they could ID me).. so I have the phone I bought from Argoos sat with an un-validated AP account on it.

Thinking, should I validate or not.

The atm thing is going to be near impossible - only one machine near me then having to go to town centre every day, then there's always bank trouts hanging about, too stressy, and unable to go at night time.

Tesco, I haven't even looked into that there's no T here and would have to travel out of town.

Haribo - seems like dead money to me, I'd rather buy things we'll use.

So 20 per day would be pretty impossible.

Looks like it's not just me who has thought about a card reader.
    Its a wonder I haven t turned orange with all the single carrots Ive been buying lol also the odd parsnip , onion, 4 sprouts for a sprout butty for hubby lol , a couple of mushrooms although they aren t that cheap.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jan 18, 7:19 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 113,887 Thanks
    emerald21
    Nope, so no idea how you generate a declined transaction at will....

I was thinking of looking into one before to get through credit card/current account conditional spend offers, for example only this morning BA tried to persuade me to get an avios amex 30k miles for 3k spend in 3 months and then a free companion ticket for 10k spend in a year so if I could just pay myself using a card for say 1% it might work out worth it.

Not getting ahead though, I think we need to figure a good way of using the M&S droid vouchers as DW failed again this morning, we think because it was a sale item with more than 30% off but then how does one do 30+ good value transactions at M&S for 3/5 quid each?
    I dont think any sale item works never mind the 30% off . It didnt for me as writing on the screen came up saying not to be used on sale items. So I dont know.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jan 18, 7:26 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 113,887 Thanks
    emerald21
    Nope, so no idea how you generate a declined transaction at will....

I was thinking of looking into one before to get through credit card/current account conditional spend offers, for example only this morning BA tried to persuade me to get an avios amex 30k miles for 3k spend in 3 months and then a free companion ticket for 10k spend in a year so if I could just pay myself using a card for say 1% it might work out worth it.

Not getting ahead though, I think we need to figure a good way of using the M&S droid vouchers as DW failed again this morning, we think because it was a sale item with more than 30% off but then how does one do 30+ good value transactions at M&S for 3/5 quid each?
    I think we should all be happy and thankful for whatever we win and just buy an item of food with the 3 or 5 as its free anyway.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 11th Jan 18, 7:36 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 113,887 Thanks
    emerald21
    The T&Cs do clearly state that any refunds will take the discount into account, which sort of suggests you return a 4 item on a receipt where you used a 3 voucher and you will get 1 back.

I think it safe to say that we need to be grateful we have won any and start to think of ways of using them legitimately rather than (further ways) around the system .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Yes I agree and said so further on . Just reading back now.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 11th Jan 18, 7:37 PM
    • 14,153 Posts
    • 230,320 Thanks
    zippydooda
    This is a puzzle I was given for Christmas, finished it a while ago, it really does require tweezers
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    for those that have not got a microscope

• pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 11th Jan 18, 7:43 PM
    • 2,728 Posts
    • 36,815 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. Mrs M hope you're feeling better.
    Won my first 50PE droid today.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,358Posts Today

9,677Users online

Martin's Twitter