Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,703Posts
    • 36,143Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 743
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 11th Jan 18, 9:28 AM
    • 6,392 Posts
    • 87,785 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

Week 1 57.49 miles 137 696 steps
    • glitter_bug
    • By glitter_bug 11th Jan 18, 10:02 AM
    • 220 Posts
    • 3,364 Thanks
    glitter_bug
    Goodmorning elite
    • abailey54
    • By abailey54 11th Jan 18, 10:06 AM
    • 1,542 Posts
    • 19,547 Thanks
    abailey54
    Morning Elite

Was the lip balm and butter tested, I don't think I've seen anything about it since Izzey posted but might have missed something. Will check lunchtime if it hasn't. TIA

I'm currently struggling massively with early pregnancy hormones. Today is the second day I've had to shut myself in the loos at work because I can't stop crying over the most smallest thing ever. I was not like this with my first at all. My stomach has ballooned too. How am I going to keep this secret for another few weeks?!
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Jan 18, 10:12 AM
    • 18,561 Posts
    • 201,809 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Morning Elite

Was the lip balm and butter tested, I don't think I've seen anything about it since Izzey posted but might have missed something. Will check lunchtime if it hasn't. TIA

I'm currently struggling massively with early pregnancy hormones. Today is the second day I've had to shut myself in the loos at work because I can't stop crying over the most smallest thing ever. I was not like this with my first at all. My stomach has ballooned too. How am I going to keep this secret for another few weeks?!
    Originally posted by abailey54
    Blame it on PMT Same symptoms - hopefully won't hang around too long, if they do you will have to cross that bridge when you get to it, but chances are no-one will realise you have had PMT for too long!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • abailey54
    • By abailey54 11th Jan 18, 10:16 AM
    • 1,542 Posts
    • 19,547 Thanks
    abailey54
    Blame it on PMT Same symptoms - hopefully won't hang around too long, if they do you will have to cross that bridge when you get to it, but chances are no-one will realise you have had PMT for too long!
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Glad I don't get PMT like this usually! But that might just work, thanks
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 11th Jan 18, 10:21 AM
    • 18,561 Posts
    • 201,809 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Glad I don't get PMT like this usually! But that might just work, thanks
    Originally posted by abailey54
    Good luck.

It might be sensible to have a plan in place in case anyone realises and blabs - I know if I know a female I can spot that they are pregnant pretty early, I knew my SiL was pregnant before she did, I just hope there is no-one like that at your work!
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 11-01-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 11th Jan 18, 10:42 AM
    • 1,813 Posts
    • 23,731 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Free 2 months NowTV Cinema - new or existing customers who have not had a code through the mobile game Snatch.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/2-month-free-trial-of-sky-cinema-pass-now-tv-new-existing-customers-via-snatch-2874774

Download the game/sign up, play the game and grab the first parcel, it opens to reveal a code, follow link to NowTV and claim the 2 month trial.

I suppose if it has a code you could potentislly get the 14 day free trial first if you were a new customer, as you would then be an existing customer . Go through Q for NowTV for potentially 12 cashback ...

I recommended this game a while ago and put details on the referral board, as if referred it gives you free virtual coins to start with.

I have had various NowTV passes and other voucher through the game - there are cash and other prizes too.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thanks for that got my 14 day and free pass, Q tracked as well, will find out if it pays out in March.

PS sent my A3 50 old phone away today, will see when it pays out.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Jan 18, 11:27 AM
    • 14,361 Posts
    • 250,110 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Third week for That Sister & she is starting to be knocked for six - only another three weeks & it will be over ♥
    She is moving to the retreat place next week so hopefully the pampering will raise her spirits
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 11th Jan 18, 11:44 AM
    • 14,361 Posts
    • 250,110 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player!

21 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Thursday): World : UK

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 11th Jan 18, 11:53 AM
    • 6,911 Posts
    • 57,253 Thanks
    fuzzgun19

Missed it, I see Anon has quoted so I will have a look. I am thinking of getting into this industrially with o2 pixi 4s used to register cards and the CEX'd I reckon I could do up to 10 cards a day which is an awful lot of 10p haribos as the cash machine approach seems too dodgy and I haven't figured the T/S no purchase work around.
    Originally posted by michaels
    Do you have experience of card readers?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 11th Jan 18, 11:56 AM
    • 5,361 Posts
    • 70,762 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all - just
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 12:11 PM
    • 27,296 Posts
    • 378,446 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Afternoon

Found some M&S bargains that were not showing on the sale links even though in the sale. Mostly makeup sets and makeup/washbags from 1.99 upwards...

EDIT:

Try this link as original did not work, change items low to high price.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/beauty/makeup

More on this link again change to low to high price.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/l/beauty/gifting

Hope links works you should be able to scroll through from low to high price.
    Last edited by Tinyshoes; 11-01-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • michaels
    • By michaels 11th Jan 18, 12:14 PM
    • 20,156 Posts
    • 92,936 Thanks
    michaels
    Do you have experience of card readers?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Nope, so no idea how you generate a declined transaction at will....

I was thinking of looking into one before to get through credit card/current account conditional spend offers, for example only this morning BA tried to persuade me to get an avios amex 30k miles for 3k spend in 3 months and then a free companion ticket for 10k spend in a year so if I could just pay myself using a card for say 1% it might work out worth it.

Not getting ahead though, I think we need to figure a good way of using the M&S droid vouchers as DW failed again this morning, we think because it was a sale item with more than 30% off but then how does one do 30+ good value transactions at M&S for 3/5 quid each?
    Last edited by michaels; 11-01-2018 at 12:16 PM.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 11th Jan 18, 12:18 PM
    • 2,720 Posts
    • 38,040 Thanks
    Claire1972
    Mullers worked for me today with easter egg trigger x
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 12:20 PM
    • 27,296 Posts
    • 378,446 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Couple of examples and I have not seen these on the actual sale pages.

Ultimate party collection 7.99 down from 40

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ultimate-party-collection/p/p22512561?prevPage=plp

Cracker gift 2.19

http://www.marksandspencer.com/cracker-gift/p/p22513633?mfPartNumber=T225420F&carousel=FUNV_RR

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 11th Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    • 16,298 Posts
    • 202,297 Thanks
    mhoc
    Couple of examples and I have not seen these on the actual sale pages.

Ultimate party collection 7.99 down from 40

https://www.marksandspencer.com/ultimate-party-collection/p/p22512561?prevPage=plp

Cracker gift 2.19

http://www.marksandspencer.com/cracker-gift/p/p22513633?mfPartNumber=T225420F&carousel=FUNV_RR
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    this one looked like a good gift for 3.99

http://www.marksandspencer.com/get-the-look-pallete/p/p22512554?mfPartNumber=T225420I&carousel=FUNV_RR
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 11th Jan 18, 12:30 PM
    • 6,911 Posts
    • 57,253 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Nope, so no idea how you generate a declined transaction at will....

I was thinking of looking into one before to get through credit card/current account conditional spend offers, for example only this morning BA tried to persuade me to get an avios amex 30k miles for 3k spend in 3 months and then a free companion ticket for 10k spend in a year so if I could just pay myself using a card for say 1% it might work out worth it.

Not getting ahead though, I think we need to figure a good way of using the M&S droid vouchers as DW failed again this morning, we think because it was a sale item with more than 30% off but then how does one do 30+ good value transactions at M&S for 3/5 quid each?
    Originally posted by michaels
    Yes, this is what I was thinking about. I thought just having no money in the account would do it (it has for me in the past on a different card), but past two days it's just authorised multiple transactions on AP even though there's only a few pence in my bank.
    What about doing 1p transactions with the reader.. would that work? 1.7% of 1p?
    Your pm is full too.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 12:35 PM
    • 27,296 Posts
    • 378,446 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I though so too I ordered a couple of those.

Also ordered a new hanging washbag for me 3.99. Shame only the stripe one left would have loved the vintage bird.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 12:39 PM
    • 27,296 Posts
    • 378,446 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Those antibac wipes I found in SD other day have made it to HUKD

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/21p-for-bottle-of-100-lemon-wet-wipes-21p-and-bogof-in-superdrug-kilburn-2875135

But looks like if I had been lucky enough to find 2 they would have gone through BOGOF

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 11th Jan 18, 12:44 PM
    • 27,296 Posts
    • 378,446 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Locarr are these not the men's deos we were getting last year?

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dove-deodorant-for-men-cool-fresh-125ml-38p-superdrug-instore-2874649

Will have to recheck my local but bet I already bought them

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,684Posts Today

9,236Users online

Martin's Twitter