Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,684Posts
    • 36,094Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 738
    • henrik777
    • By henrik777 10th Jan 18, 9:47 AM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 27,745 Thanks
    henrik777
    Take it the beans are off.

My points were added correctly by cs.
    Only did the one shop.

If going to M look out for the boxes of Jacobs cracker favourites, they were 19p in my store yesterday.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    It is finished but might be worth checking ALL the signs have been removed.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 10th Jan 18, 10:11 AM
    • 7,826 Posts
    • 139,625 Thanks
    locarr
    Morning ALL!

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 10th Jan 18, 10:57 AM
    • 2,716 Posts
    • 38,009 Thanks
    Claire1972
    Just bumping for Claire1972 - handy if you want to put stuff to compare to Tesco

The muller offer runs to 25th January

Originally posted by izzeyb

Thank you Izzy.
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 10th Jan 18, 11:03 AM
    • 6,892 Posts
    • 57,087 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Have we got to the bottom of timing on droid envelopes? I was in front of two santa atms which both had it and going fromone to the other I could swipe about every 10s but if I opened a second envelope in less than about 25s I got the not available message. If I had waited an opened them later at home might it have worked ok or is it the swipes that need to be a certain time apart? Thanks

Note I google for contactless enabled atms and the first two in said were did not work but the santa one had a contactless symbol and was.
    Originally posted by michaels
    This might be a stupid idea, but does anyone think one of these would work?

Do you have to be a business, or could you use it for ebay?

https://sumup.co.uk/air-contactless-card-reader/?prc=UK29AIR

It says there's no charge for declined payments.
    https://help.sumup.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115008338687-Pricing-and-fees
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Jan 18, 11:23 AM
    • 14,332 Posts
    • 249,785 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning
    MrsMac

Sal

I'm thinking about getting up soon...
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jan 18, 11:23 AM
    • 16,273 Posts
    • 202,035 Thanks
    mhoc
    Thanks to all posted good wishes This is my first accident in all the time I have been driving about 30 year So I am very fortunate

Neighbour has been in to see if I am ok.

I think they may need a new porch There is lumps and bumps all over the brickwork He was more concerned about what it may cost me in future years for insurance but its only money and I have protected no claims but no idea how it works

TBH the street is usually busy with dog walkers and he suggested I was lucky I did not fall out and get run over I am just very happy there is no one was injured
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Very glad that you are alright this morning and not shaken up still and it was nice that your neighbour popped in.

What a week you have had and its only Wednesday - I am thinking that having to go into work really rattled you, maybe not on the surface and it was still gnawing away at you yesterday so you lost concentration.

To have only one bump in 30 years is a big achievement.

Not sure whose insurance - your or your neighbours - car or house building insurance pays out in a car versus house situation.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 10th Jan 18, 11:28 AM
    • 14,332 Posts
    • 249,785 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    chieveley was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Wednesday): History 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Jan 18, 11:32 AM
    • 16,273 Posts
    • 202,035 Thanks
    mhoc
    Morning all. I am having a weird morning

Phone went beep and I leapt out of bed to see who was sending me a message - I keep the phone away from the bed so I have to get up to answer it.

Last night was fairly normal, about midnight before I finally got to bed, I took a while to settle, went for a loo break at 3.30 ... nothing out of the ordinary.
    OH is up at 6.30 and this morning so was Errant son who was at work at 7.30 and he was giving him a lift as the car was going into the garage so there was 2 of them clumping about. OH brings me up a mug of tea about 7 before he sets off. Then I drink the tea, make the To Do list etc and I am always up before 8.

This morning though when I had a look at the message it was 9.45 - that was one massive over sleep!!!!

Car developed strange noises on Saturday and none of us could be sure which corner they were coming from so it went in this morning for a look see - broken coils and they have to be replaced in pairs so another 250 plus bill
    OH said it was strange it had not showed up on the MOT in November but with the state of the roads as they are it was inevitable something would suffer ...
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 10th Jan 18, 11:38 AM
    • 3,451 Posts
    • 33,975 Thanks
    Picasso7
    https://www.yha.org.uk/special-offer/free-breaks-families

YHA are offering a free two-night stay with meals in our Youth Hostels in England and Wales to families struggling with financial hardship, disability, long-term illness, bereavement, homelessness or other challenging circumstances, to enable them to have some quality family time.

Plese see their web page for more information.
    Originally posted by midwinter
    Thank you, midwinter. I have passed this on to various people who may be eligible.
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 10th Jan 18, 11:39 AM
    • 1,030 Posts
    • 10,776 Thanks
    N6CNH
    Morning All,

Heading to A this morning. Now I've joined SW I find myself visiting A more than I do when there's a glitch shop on
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 10th Jan 18, 11:57 AM
    • 1,030 Posts
    • 10,776 Thanks
    N6CNH
    I've just got onto the yogs thing... Do we know it's ML? not sure which one is the trigger in the 12 for 3 vs M
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 10th Jan 18, 12:22 PM
    • 3,023 Posts
    • 43,913 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    bubbs buying choccies

Morning all
    Originally posted by gocat
    She said they weren't for her....
    Originally posted by dipdap

Hmmm I wonder bubbs is a little star xx
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • tiha
    • By tiha 10th Jan 18, 12:45 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    tiha
    Good day everyone. Thought I'd share this with you if anyone can make a use out of it...APG given 2.73
    6 items (4 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Fairy Original Washing Up Liquid (433ml) 1.00 N/A
    1x Pukka Deep Fill Chicken & Mushroom Family Size Pie (550g) 1.30 N/A
    2x Three Mills Reserve White (75cl) 6.36 N/A
    3x ASDA Smart Price Peeled Plum Tomatoes in Tomato Juice (400g) 0.87 0.93
    1x Plenty White Kitchen Roll 400 Sheets (4pk) 5.80 4.00
    1x Kerrygold Salted Butter (250g) 1.85 1.90
    1x Consigna Merlot (75cl) 4.00 N/A
    2x Felix Solis Cepa del Mar Viura Airen (75cl) 6.48 N/A
    1x Winemaker's Choice Merlot (75cl) 4.18 4.25
    Comparison total (compared products only) 12.70 11.08
    +1.62 cheaper
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 10th Jan 18, 1:33 PM
    • 4,350 Posts
    • 88,168 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Thanks to a post on Extreme Couponing, great 5 deal in Iceland for Pancake Day.

Buy a Pancake Pan for 5, and get all this FREE

1 Pancake Mix McDougalls makes 12 pancakes 1.00

+ 1 Fry Light Choice of Fry Light extra virgin or sunflower oil 1.50

+ 1 Sicillian Lemon Juice 50p

+ 1 Bobby's Maple Syrup 1.00

Originally posted by izzeyb

Just been to Iceland for the pancake pan/deal. The 'freebies' came to 4.00.

Pan is certainly better than the one I have at the minute, so hopefully might improve my attempt at pancakes

Last edited by izzeyb; 10-01-2018 at 3:47 PM.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 10th Jan 18, 1:42 PM
    • 4,350 Posts
    • 88,168 Thanks
    izzeyb
    It is finished but might be worth checking ALL the signs have been removed.
    Originally posted by henrik777

Soups had 100 points this morning and the dressings had 300.

The large beans had 300 points and so did the small beans

Made sure it wasn't same unpleasant woman on customer services today then went and got more small beans.

The irony of it though, yesterday when the points didn't appear (shop done around 10.30) the lady removed the ticket and took it and me to customer services desk.

Today the 300 points ticket was back in front of the small beans

• rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 10th Jan 18, 1:50 PM
    • 7,361 Posts
    • 115,295 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Afternoon all hope everyone is well.

Sorry never got around to thanking people who gave advice on clipping tool for vouchers, but only just caught up after loosing electric.

Good news today ds2 passed his final lorry theory test so 3 tests 4 attempts not a bad pass rate. He is trying to arrange an intensive lorry driving course as soon as possible,
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 10th Jan 18, 2:15 PM
    • 1,610 Posts
    • 22,766 Thanks
    Saversue
    [QUOTE=curl girl;73693115]Wisdom tooth brush 5 pack 1 T.
    Bc 0925.
    Good to buy with the QS!

Can you only use these to clean ~Wisdom Teeth ~ seems bit of a waste
    • lalli_pickle
    • By lalli_pickle 10th Jan 18, 2:31 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    lalli_pickle
    Do-op magazine (never seen it before but A5 size by the till) had a coupon for 50p off flora.

Was surprised to see how many creme eggs had been opened. Has nobody around here thought to simply check the ingredients list?
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 10th Jan 18, 2:36 PM
    • 1,610 Posts
    • 22,766 Thanks
    Saversue
    Thanks to everyone that mentioned the Quality Street, not supposed to be going out because ill, but knew Mum and Aunt would be very happy if I could get them.

Went to store where I had previously seen them and there was a trail of people leaving the shop with them in their trollys and loads "hidden" in a corner in self scan checkout area in bags with names on for staff.

Low and behold found the last of them by tills and managed to get 20, there was about 35 altogether. Five minutes later I would have missed them.

Mum and Aunt will be pleased (make good easy presents) and no shortage of people who will be grateful for 1.25. May even keep one myself
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Jan 18, 2:43 PM
    • 49,489 Posts
    • 603,570 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all
    Thanks to dip for mentioning the sweets and nice to see you briefly this morning.
    I wouldn't have know anything about it apart from ilts messaging me asking to get some. She has what she wsnts/needs now. Well not yet i have them but she will do
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 8 1/2 lb week 42
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,680Posts Today

8,290Users online

Martin's Twitter