Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,701Posts
    • 36,131Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 735
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Jan 18, 9:16 PM
    • 6,906 Posts
    • 57,203 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    On my San the contactless was working yesterday but disabled today and not showing on screen .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Oh no. Has any of the staff seen you do you know?

I wonder if they have spotted us and think its something dodgy.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 9:19 PM
    • 32,628 Posts
    • 463,279 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Does anyone else think that the best bit of Silent Witness is the theme tune?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 9:21 PM
    • 32,628 Posts
    • 463,279 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Claim your free bar of chocolate when you buy clipper tea. Code in pack

https://www.clipper-teasseedandbean.co.uk/?utm_source=SeedAndBeanNewsletter&utm_source=Sign-Up.to&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=27347-242945-Seed%20and%20Bean%20-%20Green%20tea%20and%20dark%20chocolate-Preview
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • LightBulbMoment
    • By LightBulbMoment 9th Jan 18, 9:25 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 588 Thanks
    LightBulbMoment
    Hi Everybody,

I tried the Simple wipes today this is the results from the APG.

3x Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Cleansing Wipes (25pk) 13.05 ( A) 6.00 (M)

The shelf in Sada said the wipes were on 3 for 2. However, the multi offer did not come off so I went to customer services and they refund the amount for one of the wipes.

Hope this helps somebody. I am putting together a hamper of simple items as presents so this is great thank you for posting.

LBM
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 9:28 PM
    • 32,628 Posts
    • 463,279 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Claim low salt sample

http://www.losalt.com/uk/know-your-numbers-week/
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 9th Jan 18, 9:33 PM
    • 5,355 Posts
    • 70,690 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Thank you for the update Marigold. I raised a glass to your lovely sister this evening x
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • tweets
    • By tweets 9th Jan 18, 9:37 PM
    • 28,345 Posts
    • 416,659 Thanks
    tweets
    Savvy Sal
    Lost 3st-1lb
    • Soo_Hal
    • By Soo_Hal 9th Jan 18, 9:42 PM
    • 65 Posts
    • 688 Thanks
    Soo_Hal
    Just raising my cuppa to Sal...Tm will the just giving page be still active for a little while yet please ? Xx
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Jan 18, 9:43 PM
    • 4,849 Posts
    • 59,187 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Evening all

Tiny, well done on your haul. Nothing like that in my store, but happy with my few bits

I have had an accident with my car. I was just testing my hand brake was on and I have no idea what I done but the car rolled down the hill and into the neighbors porch about 50 yards away I was dangling along but no one was injured expect me as badly bruised and the car is now immobile.

Neighbour was lovely and came over and made me a cuppa She is the same as me its only a car and building and both will be covered by my insurance
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Hope you feel better soon xx
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 9:45 PM
    • 32,628 Posts
    • 463,279 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just raising my cuppa to Sal...Tm will the just giving page be still active for a little while yet please ? Xx
    Originally posted by Soo_Hal
    Yes no problem
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Jan 18, 9:51 PM
    • 12,175 Posts
    • 139,281 Thanks
    Anon
    Oh no. Has any of the staff seen you do you know?

I wonder if they have spotted us and think it’s something dodgy.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    I have only been when they have been closed, but they no doubt have plenty of security cameras. It may be nothing to do with me but you wonder what is recorded at each scan ...

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 09-01-2018 at 10:08 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Jan 18, 9:57 PM
    • 12,175 Posts
    • 139,281 Thanks
    Anon
    Does anyone else think that the best bit of Silent Witness is the theme tune?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Everything is the best bit - it is a great programme all round .

Anon
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Jan 18, 9:59 PM
    • 1,938 Posts
    • 23,578 Thanks
    curl girl
    Im joining you raising my glass now
    Originally posted by Marigoldsal
    Best wishes to you and your family Marigoldsal.
    A very sad day for you all.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Jan 18, 10:00 PM
    • 15,325 Posts
    • 188,590 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Raising my cup of green tea to Sal x

Mrsmac, hope you're okay.... you are getting yourself into a lot of flipping trouble!

When I bring glitching into the house, my miserable old soul tells me I have a problem!
    Aim 20 lbs loss by 21.3.18.
    10 weeks to go - 16.5 lbs to go.
    20,000 step a day challenge.
    Day 1 - 27,024 steps. Day 2 - 24,000 steps. Day 3 - 18,554 Day 4 -13,207 Day 5 - 14,218 Day 6 - 27,238 Day 7 - 13,000. Total 137,241
    Banked steps for lazy days 0....
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 10:03 PM
    • 32,628 Posts
    • 463,279 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Everything is the best bit - it is a great programme all round .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Nooooooooooooooooo
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jan 18, 10:09 PM
    • 2,903 Posts
    • 31,204 Thanks
    pippo
    Escaping with your health and sanity is an achievement!

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Yep I manged it, but not before health and sanity became very questionable!

I was redeployed from LAC to adult social care as a TM, Transitions.14 months later the powers that be thought, as I was doing a good job, to give me the 'rouge' team to mange as well as my own...
    When I was asked to take that team on I said, what if I say no, was told, well you've got a job, haven't you!!3 months later serious op and even more serious consequences so didn't peruse that. Back to work 14 months later after more ops and they seemed to think I new everything that had gone on in my absence and could just carry on............ Didn't happen, breakdown, 2 years working at a lower grade but on protected salary then I escaped!!

Blinking heck... took a bit to write that SSM, but it is history now and as you say I have my health and sanity!
    • tbw
    • By tbw 9th Jan 18, 10:14 PM
    • 4,727 Posts
    • 55,114 Thanks
    tbw
    Evening all

Tiny, well done on your haul. Nothing like that in my store, but happy with my few bits

I have had an accident with my car. I was just testing my hand brake was on and I have no idea what I done but the car rolled down the hill and into the neighbors porch about 50 yards away I was dangling along but no one was injured expect me as badly bruised and the car is now immobile.

Neighbour was lovely and came over and made me a cuppa She is the same as me its only a car and building and both will be covered by my insurance
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    That beats my Husbands argument with the tree in our drive! Very glad nobody was hurt.
    ELITE 5:2
    # 42
    11st2lbs down to 9st2lbs - another 5lbs gone due to alcohol abuse (head down toilet syndrome)
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 9th Jan 18, 10:24 PM
    • 3,573 Posts
    • 19,838 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Hello, happy new year! For those that may remember me I moved 2 years ago and stopped posting as I wasn't getting out so much with my shopping buddy.
    I must mention I haven't had t buy any cleaning /soap capsules/shampoo/shower gel products since moving, and probably have enough for next 2 years at least.
    I still keep my finger in by doing reduction shops, which have proved to save even more money and I have 3 freezers now!
    Moved on and up lol
    Had to come on today to say went to Asda today and bought the Muller's, 12 for 3.
    The old ones are the best 3.02 APG. Compared to Tesco at 50p each.
    Hope this isn't old news, but twice told better than never.
    LL
    Originally posted by LilacLillie
    Welcome back lialaclil. !!
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 9th Jan 18, 10:29 PM
    • 15,325 Posts
    • 188,590 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Yep I manged it, but not before health and sanity became very questionable!

I was redeployed from LAC to adult social care as a TM, Transitions.14 months later the powers that be thought, as I was doing a good job, to give me the 'rouge' team to mange as well as my own...
    When I was asked to take that team on I said, what if I say no, was told, well you've got a job, haven't you!!3 months later serious op and even more serious consequences so didn't peruse that. Back to work 14 months later after more ops and they seemed to think I new everything that had gone on in my absence and could just carry on............ Didn't happen, breakdown, 2 years working at a lower grade but on protected salary then I escaped!!

Blinking heck... took a bit to write that SSM, but it is history now and as you say I have my health and sanity!
    Originally posted by pippo
    You survived. I have witnessed 3 people having a breakdown in the office, and been on the phone with another person as she was curled in a ball in a park having a breakdown. ooh and there was the bloke who was strange one day, we found him shaking in the grave yard. There is a piece today saying about people going on sick... if only they knew that for the majority it is not a choice. It is definitely the most stressful, unappreciated and misunderstood job (and crappy paid).
    Aim 20 lbs loss by 21.3.18.
    10 weeks to go - 16.5 lbs to go.
    20,000 step a day challenge.
    Day 1 - 27,024 steps. Day 2 - 24,000 steps. Day 3 - 18,554 Day 4 -13,207 Day 5 - 14,218 Day 6 - 27,238 Day 7 - 13,000. Total 137,241
    Banked steps for lazy days 0....
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 9th Jan 18, 10:32 PM
    • 1,610 Posts
    • 22,768 Thanks
    Saversue
    Savvy Sal Rest In Peace

mrsmac look after yourself, you must of had a terrible fright.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,039Posts Today

8,294Users online

Martin's Twitter