Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,698Posts
    • 36,129Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 734
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 8:30 PM
    • 32,620 Posts
    • 463,223 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Hello, happy new year! For those that may remember me I moved 2 years ago and stopped posting as I wasn't getting out so much with my shopping buddy.
    I must mention I haven't had t buy any cleaning /soap capsules/shampoo/shower gel products since moving, and probably have enough for next 2 years at least.
    I still keep my finger in by doing reduction shops, which have proved to save even more money and I have 3 freezers now!
    Moved on and up lol
    Had to come on today to say went to Asda today and bought the Muller's, 12 for 3.
    The old ones are the best 3.02 APG. Compared to Tesco at 50p each.
    Hope this isn't old news, but twice told better than never.
    LL
    Originally posted by LilacLillie
    Hello LL

Yes lots of us have been taking advantage of the old muller lust

Now youve found us again, dont disappear
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 9th Jan 18, 8:30 PM
    • 12,171 Posts
    • 139,248 Thanks
    Anon
    Well they shouldnt t do but it depends how many you bought I suppose.

Thanks to the op who posted a pic showing exactly where the contactless part is on the Santander atm . I managed a couple there today .
    Originally posted by emerald21
    On my San the contactless was working yesterday but disabled today and not showing on screen .

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 8:33 PM
    • 32,620 Posts
    • 463,223 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I have set up a Just Giving page in memory of our lovely sal and donations are to be made to Martlets Hospice where she spent her final days

She wasnt a lady for fuss but Im sure she would have forgiven us for wanting to honour her memory in this way.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5766303

Her funeral will take place on the 9th January and it will be private. Her family have suggested that we could perhaps remember her in our own way by raising a toast that evening to an incredible lady who will be missed so much
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    This is probably the last time Ill post this link......

I hope today went as well as it could for Sals Family.

Im still on target for Dry January but will raise my glass of squash to a fine lady
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jan 18, 8:37 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 31,189 Thanks
    pippo
    OH dear the Tripp sale is on again at Debenhams and the jazzy holdalls start at 13 ...
    They lead onto Travelodge weekends and Hotel de vin Sundays and Groupon getaways ...

Can you get Debenhams gift cards at Morrisons and are gift cards accepted online ....

http://www.debenhams.com/search/tripp+luggage+sale?sid=*min_price
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Oh no, you got me with this last time Mhoc!!
    I now have a cupboard full of bags an cases to suit every eventuality!!
    • Marigoldsal
    • By Marigoldsal 9th Jan 18, 8:39 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    Marigoldsal
    Evening All. Today we said goodbye to Savvy Sal with a lovely simple service with her close family. It was very sad, but a perfect time celebrating her life and thinking about how special she was. The Elite got a very special mention in the Eulogy. Thank you all for the messages you have sent and especially for the donations to Martlets. TrulyMadly you have been a star ⭐️ organising that.
    I was looking through Sal’s paperwork and for at least 2 years she’s not spent one penny on groceries and household goods - in fact she was in credit. She really was Savvy Sal with all her money saving ideas.
    • Marigoldsal
    • By Marigoldsal 9th Jan 18, 8:42 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    Marigoldsal
    This is probably the last time Ill post this link......

I hope today went as well as it could for Sals Family.

Im still on target for Dry January but will raise my glass of squash to a fine lady
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Im joining you raising my glass now
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jan 18, 8:43 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 31,189 Thanks
    pippo
    I still have cleaning products from the Asda thing where things price matched to cereal. Also threw away a Finish thing my self last week. Have to say my shopping thing went very quiet last year when I was out of home for 4 months and a lot of my stash is outside in plastic boxes. I do however have a lot of Fairy and Ariel from Waitrose from the my picks and Pepsi max from the same. Have been having a lot of success with woopsies last 2 weeks and freezers are bulging. Took out some lovely lamp chops last night ( I am on first name terms with butcher in W and get some great meat bargains ) and they are in slow cooker making t for Mum , OH and grandaughter.
    Originally posted by rose28454
    I still have/had a few bottles of the Ariel/fairy, I remember saying at the time I had at least enough for a year.

Unfortunately the grumpy one took a case out of the upstairs cupboard when we went away fro Christmas and when I went to put it back on Sunday that cupboard was smelling quite 'soapy' on further investigation 'he' had knocked down a 3 litre fairy bottle which had split open.........................

Have now rescued 2.5 litres and have a very clean floor in that cupboard!!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jan 18, 8:45 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 31,189 Thanks
    pippo
    OH has been for a checkup today on his throat, unfortunately another lump has been found, so another operation is on the cards, really hoped he had finished with it, but hey ho.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    So sorry to hear this.. chin up!!
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 9th Jan 18, 8:45 PM
    • 2,181 Posts
    • 30,022 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    MarigoldSal - I hope today went well.

Sal will be missed x
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 8:52 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,334 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Oh TS my dear old grumpy has no idea either, when I come home I am usually greeted with 'and what have you bought now!'

He does though, when I explain things, brag a little to his mates about how cheap I get stuff for.

The boot of my car is also a store room, unfortunately my car is now the better car for long trips, so I need plenty of notice to clear the boot and stash stuff elsewhere!
    Originally posted by pippo
    Mr TS does the same to his mates In fact he came home one day saying some of them were interested in buying my hair dyes for their OHs I dread to think how that conversation started

He would have the shock of his life if I turned muggle especially if I then showed him the Xmas bill
    Last edited by Tinyshoes; 09-01-2018 at 9:01 PM.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 8:56 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,334 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Evening all

Tiny, well done on your haul. Nothing like that in my store, but happy with my few bits

I have had an accident with my car. I was just testing my hand brake was on and I have no idea what I done but the car rolled down the hill and into the neighbors porch about 50 yards away I was dangling along but no one was injured expect me as badly bruised and the car is now immobile.

Neighbour was lovely and came over and made me a cuppa She is the same as me its only a car and building and both will be covered by my insurance
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Oh no mrsmac I hope you are ok what a blessing your lovely neighbour

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 9th Jan 18, 8:57 PM
    • 4,849 Posts
    • 59,180 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    I don't drink, but here's to Sal, our wombler supreme xxx

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Jan 18, 8:59 PM
    • 7,361 Posts
    • 115,299 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Evening all. I hope the elite are all well, had no electric, since last night

Marigold I hope today went as well as it could, and was a fitting tribute to our sal.

Raising a glass of schloer to the great wombler and elite Sal.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 9:00 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,334 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Im joining you raising my glass now
    Originally posted by Marigoldsal
    Cup of tea here...remembering Sal

• rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Jan 18, 9:03 PM
    • 7,361 Posts
    • 115,299 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Mrs mac, hope your over the shock and glad your OK, what a lovely lady your neighbour is xxx
    • rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 9th Jan 18, 9:04 PM
    • 7,361 Posts
    • 115,299 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    Reading back Sarah sorry about your husband must be upsetting for you both, but I I hope the next op goes well xxx
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 9th Jan 18, 9:07 PM
    • 2,729 Posts
    • 36,827 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Evening all

Tiny, well done on your haul. Nothing like that in my store, but happy with my few bits

I have had an accident with my car. I was just testing my hand brake was on and I have no idea what I done but the car rolled down the hill and into the neighbors porch about 50 yards away I was dangling along but no one was injured expect me as badly bruised and the car is now immobile.

Neighbour was lovely and came over and made me a cuppa She is the same as me its only a car and building and both will be covered by my insurance
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Mrs M! Hope you're not too bruised. You should have some time off work sick. Oh wait.....
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 9th Jan 18, 9:09 PM
    • 2,729 Posts
    • 36,827 Thanks
    pacifica9
    On my San the contactless was working yesterday but disabled today and not showing on screen .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    You quite literally broke the bank.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 9th Jan 18, 9:13 PM
    • 2,729 Posts
    • 36,827 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Raising my cuppa to Sal.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 9th Jan 18, 9:13 PM
    • 14,159 Posts
    • 230,375 Thanks
    zippydooda
    The 55p cb on gj for the cauliflower. Worked against the essentials 1 one
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

858Posts Today

6,783Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin