Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,697Posts
    • 36,122Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 733
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 9th Jan 18, 7:05 PM
    • 16,283 Posts
    • 202,117 Thanks
    mhoc
    Free Dominions !!!!a tomorrow on WonTwo
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-dominos-pizza-wuntu-10012018-three-mobile-customers-2874051

Coughee was good 2day, been a while since I had them from Nerd.

My plans tomorrow, lunch - pizza
    Evening - pizza
    Turdsday lunch - reheated pizza

I think Emerald may have same, apart from re-heated :-)
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    I think these have to be ordered online and collected instore - which is fine if your normal route takes you past a Dominoes - for us its either a drive into town and parking in one town or a 25 min walk in the other direction

But the hot chocolate in neros today was very lovely .
    Incidentally I went into Savers afterwards and found they stocked my hair colour
    But our WHSmiths didn't have the free 0002 cans
    And then we went to Morribobs for a beans shop and hopefully got 3000 points
    win some and then loose some
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 9th Jan 18, 7:06 PM
    • 7,830 Posts
    • 139,665 Thanks
    locarr
    Evening ALL!

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • locarr
    • By locarr 9th Jan 18, 7:07 PM
    • 7,830 Posts
    • 139,665 Thanks
    locarr
    6ft Xmas trees @ 1 at B&M Bargains..

only green left in my local, white and black all gone.
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Jan 18, 7:15 PM
    • 6,901 Posts
    • 57,141 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Well they shouldnt t do but it depends how many you bought I suppose.

Thanks to the op who posted a pic showing exactly where the contactless part is on the Santander atm . I managed a couple there today .
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Twas me

I might do a few envelopes by deliberately not having enough in my bank to cover the payment, try a couple of times then transfer money back afterwards.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Jan 18, 7:19 PM
    • 6,901 Posts
    • 57,141 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I blame ILTS

Seriously though thanks ILTS. I didn't partake in getting gift sets before Xmas in As at least this way I don't have to remember to use any APGs

Just hope my Jacobs arrive, none in store.

Anyone wanting huge Panetonne in lovely Xmas tins 1.25 I didn't buy one and can't see they sold all they had in bmth today.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Was this Wilcos please?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 9th Jan 18, 7:23 PM
    • 9,832 Posts
    • 113,912 Thanks
    emerald21
    Twas me

I might do a few envelopes by deliberately not having enough in my bank to cover the payment, try a couple of times then transfer money back afterwards.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19

Thank you fuzzgun
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Jan 18, 7:27 PM
    • 18,551 Posts
    • 201,700 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Following on from yesterday's discussion about beans, my OH had some 5 Beanz with dinner tonight. Not too bad, they were dated 11/2013
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 09-01-2018 at 7:29 PM.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 7:57 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,333 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Was this Wilco’s please?
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Yes all 75% off

Nivea smooth 1
    Nivea sport 87p
    Lynx Africa 1.06
    Dove set 1.25
    Dove mini tin 87p
    Lynx black minis net 58p
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 8:00 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,333 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Following on from yesterday's discussion about beans, my OH had some 5 Beanz with dinner tonight. Not too bad, they were dated 11/2013
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I did say to zippy at least 2014 as he said 3 years I bet ours were 2013 too but definitely all gone now!

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 8:07 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,333 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Fuzzgun some of the men's sets incl the minis in my local were with the men's toiletries at one end and no one was taking them from there as they didn't have 75% sign in front but they did have the red Xmas strip behind the original prices.

There were also other duo Lynx sets dotted round the store without the wash things but they had a save sign down to about 2.50 I'm 99% sure these were not included in the sale. HTHs

• pepper77
    • By pepper77 9th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    • 1,448 Posts
    • 4,877 Thanks
    pepper77
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    If the manufacturer is using the same recipe(and they have been stored correctly) they will taste the same in 2025 and later, *nothing* happens in the can, thats why, if you have the storage space, you should hammer any glitch for canned goods.
    uberalles............see you soon.

I hope.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 9th Jan 18, 8:15 PM
    • 18,551 Posts
    • 201,700 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    If the manufacturer is using the same recipe(and they have been stored correctly) they will taste the same in 2025 and later, *nothing* happens in the can, thats why, if you have the storage space, you should hammer any glitch for canned goods.
    Originally posted by pepper77
    Yep, intend to use them until they no longer taste any good!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 8:16 PM
    • 32,619 Posts
    • 463,195 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Womble v M for savvy

1x Weight Watchers Danish Malted Bread (400g) 0.99 0.85
    1x Alpen Light Chocolate & Fudge Cereal Bars (5x19g) 1.00 1.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price Lemonade (2l) 0.17 0.17
    2x Nestle Pure Life Still Spring Water Bottles (12x500) 4.00 N/A
    1x Dove Deeply Nourishing Body Wash (250ml) 1.80 1.00
    1x Fairy Platinum Dishwasher Tablets Lemon (18pk) 4.00 N/A
    1x Andrex Quilted Toilet Roll (4 roll) 2.25 2.47
    1x McCain Crinkle Cut Quick Chips (4x100g) 2.25 1.90
    2x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (each) 1.00 N/A
    1x McVitie's The Original Digestive Biscuits (400g) 1.00 N/A
    1x Sweetex Sugar Substitute (600pk) 1.89 N/A
    1x Comfort Creations Fabric Conditioner Bluebell & Bergamot 33 Washes (1.16l) 2.00 3.30
    1x Light & Free Greek Style Fat Free Strawberry Yogurts (4x115g) 2.50 1.00
    1x ASDA 6 Large Yorkshire Puddings (230g) 1.00 N/A
    1x Arla B.O.B Fat Free Skimmed Milk (2l) 1.09 1.00
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Chicken Breast Fillets (1kg) 5.79 5.94
    2x Lambrini Original (75cl) 3.00 3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 22.84 21.63
    +1.21 cheaper
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 8:18 PM
    • 32,619 Posts
    • 463,195 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morries have pulled the beans offer

Supermarkets should learn to play by the rules and see promotions through to the end.....just like we do

Hope everyone managed to get some
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 8:20 PM
    • 32,619 Posts
    • 463,195 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I'm going to be in so much trouble when I eventually get home been out since 9.30am

2 trolley loads from Wilko

Don't know about a tiny boot stash my corsa is full

Including 4 penguin cushions 1.50 each and they had some lovely kitten paw sniffer ones too and robins
    You are so very naughty

Wheres that little card gone that you used to carry around?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 9th Jan 18, 8:20 PM
    • 3,628 Posts
    • 51,168 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Evening all

Tiny, well done on your haul. Nothing like that in my store, but happy with my few bits

I have had an accident with my car. I was just testing my hand brake was on and I have no idea what I done but the car rolled down the hill and into the neighbors porch about 50 yards away I was dangling along but no one was injured expect me as badly bruised and the car is now immobile.

Neighbour was lovely and came over and made me a cuppa She is the same as me its only a car and building and both will be covered by my insurance
    Retiree in training
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jan 18, 8:20 PM
    • 2,898 Posts
    • 31,182 Thanks
    pippo
    Hopefully those who wanted beans got some before they changed the offer.

Sorry it is over for anyone who missed out.

From my own perspective I hope they havent reversed my vouchers!

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    B@gger, Today I had the choice, Grumpy Knickers Tax SA or a trip to morribobs... looks like I chose wrong!
    Never mind, can relax as tax is done.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 8:22 PM
    • 32,619 Posts
    • 463,195 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    https://www.yha.org.uk/special-offer/free-breaks-families

YHA are offering a free two-night stay with meals in our Youth Hostels in England and Wales to families struggling with financial hardship, disability, long-term illness, bereavement, homelessness or other challenging circumstances, to enable them to have some quality family time.

Plese see their web page for more information.
    Originally posted by midwinter
    You dont know how timely this is midwinter. This is perfect for a family I know who are desperate for a break.

Thank you
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • pippo
    • By pippo 9th Jan 18, 8:25 PM
    • 2,898 Posts
    • 31,182 Thanks
    pippo
    Think I'm going to have to leave my cushions in the car tonight

Mr TS not particularly happy with my bargains He has no idea how much anything costs though. He thinks I should save the money now and just buy when I actually need it all....he has no idea.
    Oh TS my dear old grumpy has no idea either, when I come home I am usually greeted with 'and what have you bought now!'

He does though, when I explain things, brag a little to his mates about how cheap I get stuff for.

The boot of my car is also a store room, unfortunately my car is now the better car for long trips, so I need plenty of notice to clear the boot and stash stuff elsewhere!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 9th Jan 18, 8:27 PM
    • 32,619 Posts
    • 463,195 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening all

Tiny, well done on your haul. Nothing like that in my store, but happy with my few bits

I have had an accident with my car. I was just testing my hand brake was on and I have no idea what I done but the car rolled down the hill and into the neighbors porch about 50 yards away I was dangling along but no one was injured expect me as badly bruised and the car is now immobile.

Neighbour was lovely and came over and made me a cuppa She is the same as me its only a car and building and both will be covered by my insurance
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Oh no mrsmac. You must be awfully shook up

Yes cars and bricks and mortar can be replaced. You are ok and thats the main thing
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,789Posts Today

9,126Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• This is perhaps the most ridiculous tool I've seen online, it values your name based on what a sample of 500,000 ea? https://t.co/39sRBJrLt3

• RT @RobiMous2: Yesterday I saved myself £30 a month by switching utilities and cancelling a sim no one in the family used anymore. Inspired?

• Follow Martin