Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,712Posts
    • 36,159Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 730
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Jan 18, 11:03 AM
    • 6,917 Posts
    • 57,309 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    aaah that's what my 600 points were for - got 6 soups. Next on my list is to sort my printer out - missing an installation disc then o2 priority moments etc...i could pick up a sim card from an o2 shop?
    Originally posted by ma-ri-ella
    You can get a free sim card from the o2 website, usually comes within a couple of days, unless you need one today, then I've seen them in shops, Poundstretcher for 79p. Supermarkets have them too.
    I don't know how much they are at an o2 shop.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • glitter_bug
    • By glitter_bug 9th Jan 18, 11:11 AM
    • 220 Posts
    • 3,364 Thanks
    glitter_bug
    I have one triple more points voucher and one quadruple more voucher does anyone know if I can use them with the beans (even if the offer is finished as us only allowing 600 more points)
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 9th Jan 18, 11:17 AM
    • 6,398 Posts
    • 87,834 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Thanks everyone for thinking of OH.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

Week 1 57.49 miles 137 696 steps
    Week 2 71.97 miles 172 482 steps
    • s4mmy
    • By s4mmy 9th Jan 18, 11:28 AM
    • 589 Posts
    • 4,880 Thanks
    s4mmy
    Good morning. Thanks to everyone who posted that the offer in Morrisons has changed - you’ve saved me a journey.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Jan 18, 11:29 AM
    • 14,375 Posts
    • 250,265 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    I now have amateur musicians playing in back of shop...
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 9th Jan 18, 11:31 AM
    • 14,375 Posts
    • 250,265 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Rumour has it Super drug have some bargains.... Just need to get the 'buskers' out and and I can do a back in 5 minutes
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 9th Jan 18, 11:37 AM
    • 6,917 Posts
    • 57,309 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    AP.

Today's experience. Went into town early and scanned Sant. 4 times leaving 5-6secs after the envelope shows, then closed each with the home button.

Went to a different shop then came back scanned it again, then a woman appeared and asked if I'd put my card in.. it was a Sant. SA! I thought to myself, oh no I've been trouted.
    I just said no I hadn't, she looked at the screen (it said something about not being able to perform transaction) and said oh it must be re-setting itself. She then left and went inside the bank.. phew lol.

Tried other atm's again with no luck, went inside Bclays, they had about 3 machines with an actual raised contactless sign near the keypads.. great I thought! Not.

Tried the atm's from the Google search, but they didn't work either.

So it looks like I only have 1 atm with contactless available, but it means traipsing to town centre, and maybe being accosted by a trout!

I opened the Sant. envelopes at home, won 2 x 3 MnS, a 5 MnS, and a coke
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 11:38 AM
    • 27,315 Posts
    • 378,629 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Bmth is like an aladdins cave some stuff is rtc more than 75%

Got bassetss juicees tub 75p and dated 2019
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • sirbaksiu
    • By sirbaksiu 9th Jan 18, 11:46 AM
    • 64 Posts
    • 658 Thanks
    sirbaksiu
    300 more points still showing on online orders so i'm not sure why its not working in store as reported earlier. might go in the afternoon and check it myself
    • underperky
    • By underperky 9th Jan 18, 11:53 AM
    • 4,965 Posts
    • 63,463 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning hope everyone is having a good day
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 9th Jan 18, 11:54 AM
    • 2,497 Posts
    • 38,285 Thanks
    wendyak
    300 more points still showing on online orders so i'm not sure why its not working in store as reported earlier. might go in the afternoon and check it myself
    Originally posted by sirbaksiu
    I wonder if some have already had their 20 tins total...or it might just be a delay in applying points ?? ....
    • glitter_bug
    • By glitter_bug 9th Jan 18, 12:24 PM
    • 220 Posts
    • 3,364 Thanks
    glitter_bug
    I had some vouchers to use so decided to check my local to confirm and they have completely removed all signage from the beans + chips and replaced the soups,custard and a few other things with 100 more points
    300 more points still on the dressings and sauces though
    I hope that helps someone
    • midwinter
    • By midwinter 9th Jan 18, 12:32 PM
    • 3,551 Posts
    • 71,102 Thanks
    midwinter
    I had some vouchers to use so decided to check my local to confirm and they have completely removed all signage from the beans + chips and replaced the soups,custard and a few other things with 100 more points
    300 more points still on the dressings and sauces though
    I hope that helps someone
    Originally posted by glitter_bug
    Thanks for this, only thing i was interested in was the custard, but with only 100 points now, won't be getting it!
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open
    • lalli_pickle
    • By lalli_pickle 9th Jan 18, 12:35 PM
    • 623 Posts
    • 2,833 Thanks
    lalli_pickle
    Signs had been removed from my morribobs but since I had a free fiver from yesterdays haul I gave it a go. Scanned one first to print the fiver, receipt still said 300 points so I chucked through the other 19 and gained another fiver for tomorrow. This was about 9am this morning
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 9th Jan 18, 12:41 PM
    • 1,611 Posts
    • 22,785 Thanks
    Saversue
    BG booked for repair between 12 and 6 pm.
    Just had a call from them asking about the problem, turns out they have no engineers and wanted to change appointment
    Good job I am on their Priority List because they have to find me an engineer today.
    Just hope he/she is in a good mood, and not being forced to do an extra job, and can fix it.

Sorry to hear the beans offer has been pulled, hope some of you managed to get all you wanted.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 9th Jan 18, 12:47 PM
    • 1,611 Posts
    • 22,785 Thanks
    Saversue
    Mum just got a handwritten envelope from Higgidy.
    Told her to open it - turns out I have won 4 pies worth 3.70 each

Think I entered an online competition in Nov or Dec.
    • nanx4
    • By nanx4 9th Jan 18, 12:49 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 2,438 Thanks
    nanx4
    Morning

Beans and soup worked for me this morning at 9.15.

!0 small beans
    6 Soup and 4 Rice pudding

6000 points
    • gocat
    • By gocat 9th Jan 18, 12:53 PM
    • 4,808 Posts
    • 57,071 Thanks
    gocat
    Signs had been removed from my morribobs but since I had a free fiver from yesterdays haul I gave it a go. Scanned one first to print the fiver, receipt still said 300 points so I chucked through the other 19 and gained another fiver for tomorrow. This was about 9am this morning
    Originally posted by lalli_pickle
    Someone on a fb site said they got 300 ponts for the beans today. Maybe its 20 tins every 24 hours ? What time did u shop yesterday lalli?
    tia
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 9th Jan 18, 12:54 PM
    • 1,951 Posts
    • 23,720 Thanks
    curl girl
    buy any of the above items and you will receive 300 points (worth 30p) on your more card, small cans of beans make you 5p profit, you can buy up to 20 of each item per day. When you get to 5000 points you receive a 5 voucher which you can then use to "buy" the next lot. Some people getting them for food banks

Warning offers have been changed, no points on small cans beans, soup down to 100 check Signage
    Originally posted by curlgirl
    My 20 item assorted shop gave only 1300 points.
    Large tins of beans, soup, pesto and salad dressing ! Unsure which work. The signs still stated 300 points on a promo stand so asked at cs.

10 large beans.
    7 soup.
    2 pesto
    1 salad dressing.

The small bean section was empty so someone had been lucky.
    Last edited by curl girl; 09-01-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • gocat
    • By gocat 9th Jan 18, 12:55 PM
    • 4,808 Posts
    • 57,071 Thanks
    gocat
    Morning

Beans and soup worked for me this morning at 9.15.

!0 small beans
    6 Soup and 4 Rice pudding

6000 points
    Originally posted by nanx4
    Hi nanx , did you get any of the beans etc yesterday. If so, what time?
    tia
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

490Posts Today

5,425Users online

Martin's Twitter