Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,695Posts
    • 36,111Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 727
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 10:27 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,325 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    FYI
    the beans have a bbf of 18 months. thats 3 years for tiny and tm
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    You are about right there zippy, we had the last 5 beanz before xmas think it was about 2014.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 10:29 PM
    • 32,619 Posts
    • 463,162 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    You are about right there zippy, we had the last 5 beanz before xmas think it was about 2014.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Our reputation precedes us
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 10:38 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,325 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Our reputation precedes us
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Those RTC black waxed cheeses in As people were only picking up the odd one the other day and there was me with half dozen in my trolley.

Someone was discussing they would keep a month or so more and I said I have eaten them year over , so one guy picked up another one.

They only went down to 1.02 in my local I'm sure others here got a better bargain. I wasn't going to keep going back and forth until the final RTC as didn't want to miss out, but thought decent enough price for 400g of vintage and will be even more antique by time it's opened.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 10:40 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,325 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    No beans for me, I still refuse to do the round trip to nearest Morries. And everyone only really likes Heinz. Talking of which on my last bottle of Tommy K.

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 10:42 PM
    • 32,619 Posts
    • 463,162 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Those RTC black waxed cheeses in As people were only picking up the odd one the other day and there was me with half dozen in my trolley.

Someone was discussing they would keep a month or so more and I said I have eaten them year over , so one guy picked up another one.

They only went down to 1.02 in my local I'm sure others here got a better bargain. I wasn't going to keep going back and forth until the final RTC as didn't want to miss out, but thought decent enough price for 400g of vintage and will be even more antique by time it's opened.
    I think I got 3....
    Unsure how much I paid....50p or 75p

I had a similar conversation with someone over yoghurts the other week...I told them that Westie is still eating the ones from last summer
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 10:43 PM
    • 32,619 Posts
    • 463,162 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    No beans for me, I still refuse to do the round trip to nearest Morries. And everyone only really likes Heinz. Talking of which on my last bottle of Tommy K.
    No beans for me either TS.....but I still get excited when I see what other people are getting. The Elite cupboards will be full for a while
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Jan 18, 10:44 PM
    • 12,166 Posts
    • 139,192 Thanks
    Anon
    Isnt it odd how there always seems to be something going on on this thread.

Just as one thing finishes, something else pops up

Great to hear lots of people getting the beans
    The Elite are full of beans ... .

Anon
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 10:49 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,325 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    I think I got 3....
    Unsure how much I paid....50p or 75p

I had a similar conversation with someone over yoghurts the other week...I told them that Westie is still eating the ones from last summer
    Did you get the look of disbelief.

Was having the conversation about xmas puds with aunt and had to explain it is only a best before date on them.

On xmas day Mr TS got out the choice from the cupboard and said that one will have to go back in as it was still in date.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 10:53 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,325 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    No beans for me either TS.....but I still get excited when I see what other people are getting. The Elite will be full of wind for a while

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 8th Jan 18, 11:00 PM
    • 32,619 Posts
    • 463,162 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 8th Jan 18, 11:04 PM
    • 15,309 Posts
    • 188,476 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    It's very difficult leaving go isn't it.
    You have to keep telling yourself 'not my concern', but if you know people you just can't help but think of them.
    8 years on and when my assistant manager died I have had dozens of messages about it, I had to go back into work mode to organise!!
    Concentrate on eliting (SP?), it saved me in dark times.
    There is another world out there away from work, I could have gone on for another few years but I eventually played the sick card, and haven't regretted it.
    OK we can't have first class holidays in exotic climes, but I have my health, my sanity, my family and friends... what more do I need?
    Originally posted by pippo
    Escaping with your health and sanity is an achievement!

Aim 20 lbs loss by 21.3.18.
    10 weeks to go - 16.5 lbs to go.
    20,000 step a day challenge.
    Day 1 - 27,024 steps. Day 2 - 24,000 steps. Day 3 - 18,554 Day 4 -13,207 Day 5 - 14,218 Day 6 - 27,238 Day 7 - 13,000. Total 137,241
    Banked steps for lazy days 0....
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Jan 18, 11:11 PM
    • 14,338 Posts
    • 249,853 Thanks
    Snap-ant

I can't justify buying beans as we never eat them except in a cottage pie & I'm still using the Heinz ones from when those strange triangular shaped 5 (?) packs went very very cheap in Ts, ahem a 'few' years ago 2015 is the date on them

I still have half a gallon left of Lee & Perrins Worcestershire sauce dated 2012 = tastes fine
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• michaels
    • By michaels 8th Jan 18, 11:25 PM
    • 20,136 Posts
    • 92,799 Thanks
    michaels
    Have we got to the bottom of timing on droid envelopes? I was in front of two santa atms which both had it and going fromone to the other I could swipe about every 10s but if I opened a second envelope in less than about 25s I got the not available message. If I had waited an opened them later at home might it have worked ok or is it the swipes that need to be a certain time apart? Thanks

Note I google for contactless enabled atms and the first two in said were did not work but the santa one had a contactless symbol and was.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 11:30 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,325 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

I can't justify buying beans as we never eat them except in a cottage pie & I'm still using the Heinz ones from when those strange triangular shaped 5 (?) packs went very very cheap in Ts, ahem a 'few' years ago 2015 is the date on them

I still have half a gallon left of Lee & Perrins Worcestershire sauce dated 2012 = tastes fine
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I remember those 5 packs very difficult to stack neatly.

I have not idea what date is on our lee & perrins, I feel the need to go and look.

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 11:32 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,325 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Sorry can't help you Michaels I am having to let all this droid stuff go over my head.

• ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 8th Jan 18, 11:33 PM
    • 3,028 Posts
    • 43,945 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Do you fancy some jacobs crackers with your cheese TS?!

Jacobs crackers 300g now 50 p online at wilko ... the Christmas toiletries have dropped in price as well and so have other bits so looks like the 75% off online has started so maybe worth someone doing a recki in wilko tomorrow morning to check
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 11:35 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,325 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

Jacobs crackers 300g now 50 p online at wilko ... the Christmas toiletries have dropped in price as well and so have other bits so looks like the 75% off online has started so maybe worth someone doing a recki in wilko tomorrow morning to check
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Ooh yes please...off to look

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 11:54 PM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,325 Thanks
    Tinyshoes

Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    I've done a C&C for few boxes see if it's honoured. Thanks ILTS

Was only thinking yesterday I had not managed to find a decent cracker bargain this year yet, I got the huge tubs in Sainsbobs last year but there doesn't seem to be any stock left any supermarket down here. I picked up last 2 boxes of these

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/jacobs-savours-flavours-assortment-250g

in As for 1.50 box but they are actually better bargain if you can find them in Sainsbos.

They are not the same as a good old cream cracker though...

• Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 9th Jan 18, 12:20 AM
    • 27,285 Posts
    • 378,325 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Goodnight Elite...sleep tight

• gocat
    • By gocat 9th Jan 18, 1:00 AM
    • 4,794 Posts
    • 56,949 Thanks
    gocat
    Sorry can't help you Michaels I am having to let all this droid stuff go over my head.
    Wish I had. Curiosity got the better off me

nite nite
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,146Posts Today

7,753Users online

Martin's Twitter