Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,693Posts
    • 36,111Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 722
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Jan 18, 6:20 PM
    • 9,831 Posts
    • 113,899 Thanks
    emerald21
    I seem to have only been able to open 7 envelopes with my Halifax card instead of 10 . Wonder if its changing
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 6,899 Posts
    • 57,127 Thanks
    fuzzgun19

Zoom in to the map. That can't be right. I can see some in all areas around London.
    Originally posted by henrik777
    Thanks, I tried again and clicked on the map, it says there is a couple around the town I haven't tried yet, so will see.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 6:27 PM
    • 4,791 Posts
    • 56,924 Thanks
    gocat
    I am really sorry for any inconvenience and hassle . I went by the description on the Argos website which explicitly said this model does have NFC (I did not mention those that did not mention NFC explicitly - it took ages as there isnt an easy way to search models with this feature!). Has the activated account got the game showing? If yes, at least you have that ready for getting a phone with NFC.

Yes you should be able to return this to store as it does not have the feature you bought it for which is explicitly mentioned on their site as included in the specification.

I am really sorry to have misled anyone - the U5 4g did say NFC is on this phone .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Aaw not your fault. I looked at the link before I went to buy and it said got nfc. Yet fuzgun has posted one that she knows has nfc and argos dont mention it. I've live chatted them and they said will sort it out on the website. Will take phone back to argoos tomorrow.
    Curiosity got the better of me and wanted to have a go at AP
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 8th Jan 18, 6:30 PM
    • 1,925 Posts
    • 23,457 Thanks
    curl girl
    Good afternoon to all, can I politely ask what is the best way to use 3 out of 30spent in sainsbury? I find S quite expensive and I don't normally shop there but I was wondering is there a way to maximise this value? Thank you in advance
    Originally posted by tiha
    Just buy basics that you use, their budget range is good, you can always add clothing that doesn't fit to take you over the spend?

Afternoon peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Jan 18, 6:31 PM
    • 12,163 Posts
    • 139,165 Thanks
    Anon
    Good morning. It's the eat smart baked beans and soups. With each tin you get 300,points.
    The small tins cost 25p, large tins are 32p and the soup is 45p there is also evaporated milk which is 60p.
    You are limited to 20 promotional items I think per day oh and they're from Morries.
    Hth.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    It’s 20 per day ...? I just bought 60 cans in three transactions and the bonus showed on each receipt. I think it must be limited to 20 promo items per transaction (I hope that is the case, given I purchased “a few” ). Large cans at 2p net (32p, 300 points) are good value too . Thank you to the OP.

I decided to go all in as I will not be able to pop in each day and they won’t necessarily have stock - so I can still rinse and repeat when the vouchers come through.

I am disappointed in myself though - the next till along had a 5 voucher sticking out of the printer and I didn’t notice until the CS asked the next customer who arrived if it was hers . As she said no (numpty!), he took it and tore it up . I could easily have gone to that till if I had spotted it. Lesson learnt - check the printer (and check when you pay too, in case yours are triggered!!).

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 08-01-2018 at 6:37 PM.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Jan 18, 6:36 PM
    • 12,163 Posts
    • 139,165 Thanks
    Anon
    Aaw not your fault. I looked at the link before I went to buy and it said got nfc. Yet fuzgun has posted one that she knows has nfc and argos dont mention it. I've live chatted them and they said will sort it out on the website. Will take phone back to argoos tomorrow.
    Curiosity got the better of me and wanted to have a go at AP
    Originally posted by gocat
    Probably mentioned, but take a copy of what is there now in case they change it before you return the phone. Also see if you can activate a new game/account on it before returning it - it may not work, but as some people have got the game to appear again on the same device, there is no harm in trying before returning it as you are factory resetting anyway . The website says the phone comes with 2 free covers too by registering from the link on their website with the phone IMEI ... #justsaying .

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Jan 18, 6:41 PM
    • 12,163 Posts
    • 139,165 Thanks
    Anon
    Evening

Dont forget with morries there is a 100 cap per month for points x

Back to the grind stone for me tomorrow so might be lurking for a bit
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Thank you - so with the limit that is 16 transactions of 20 cans of beans at 25p, plus a few more ?

Anon
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 8th Jan 18, 6:49 PM
    • 4,357 Posts
    • 88,225 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Looking at 3 for 2s in a different Asda this morning, it's bizarre how the stores don't all have the offers marked up.

Took quite a few pics to check later.

Noticed the Nivea lip balms on 3 for 2 again, loads of the Simple stuff in this store, whereas the one Saturday only had 4 items with 3 for 2 SELs displayed.

UNTESTED
    The Nice-n-Easy hair colourants were marked up 3 for 2.
    5.98 in Asda, 4.50 in Sainsbobs, 2 for 9.00 in Tesco and 2 for 9.00 in Morries.

Should compare at 2.06 each but I still have loads from last time.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=nice%20n%20easy

UNTESTED
    Be nice if the Morries comparison was picked up on these Simple wipes.

3 for 2 Simple Regeneration Age Resisting Cleansing Wipes.
    Asda 4.35, Morries 2.00, Tesco 2.66.
    Should work out at 35p each against Morries.
    If Tesco, 94p.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=simple%20wipes

Last edited by izzeyb; 08-01-2018 at 9:03 PM.
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 8th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 2,179 Posts
    • 30,003 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    12 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x ASDA 1% Fat Milk (4pt) 1.09 1.10
    1x Walkers Baked Chicken & Thyme Snacks (6x25g) 1.50 1.00
    1x Walkers Baked Variety Crisps (6x25g) 1.50 1.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.50
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 1.36 1.00
    2x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) 1.36 1.00
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Coconut with Lime Yoghurt (175g) 0.68 N/A
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Balls (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Light Kiwi & Pineapple Fat Free Yogurt (175g) 0.68 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) 10.21 7.60
    +2.61 cheaper

Hi everyone!

Muller shop done with Easter egg trigger

Crisps still glitching with tomato ketchup trigger
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 8th Jan 18, 6:50 PM
    • 2,728 Posts
    • 36,815 Thanks
    pacifica9
    I am really sorry for any inconvenience and hassle . I went by the description on the Argos website which explicitly said this model does have NFC (I did not mention those that did not mention NFC explicitly - it took ages as there isnt an easy way to search models with this feature!). Has the activated account got the game showing? If yes, at least you have that ready for getting a phone with NFC.

Yes you should be able to return this to store as it does not have the feature you bought it for which is explicitly mentioned on their site as included in the specification.

I am really sorry to have misled anyone - the U5 4g did say NFC is on this phone .

Anon
    Thanks Anon but, like everything on here, info is provided in good faith and we shop at own risk.

Good evening Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those in need.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 6:55 PM
    • 4,791 Posts
    • 56,924 Thanks
    gocat
    Probably mentioned, but take a copy of what is there now in case they change it before you return the phone. Also see if you can activate a new game/account on it before returning it - it may not work, but as some people have got the game to appear again on the same device, there is no harm in trying before returning it as you are factory resetting anyway . The website says the phone comes with 2 free covers too by registering from the link on their website with the phone IMEI ... #justsaying .

Anon
    No point activating a new game/account on it as havent got a ncf phone to transfer it too. But my sister has. Would it work with hers even though she is 20 miles away lol. Also how do you do it.
    tia
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 8th Jan 18, 6:55 PM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 35,390 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Do you have a fishy p ussy ?

A v T

1x Felix As Good As It Looks Ocean Feasts Pouches in Jelly (40x100) 10.00 10.00
    • xxlouisexx56
    • By xxlouisexx56 8th Jan 18, 6:56 PM
    • 2,179 Posts
    • 30,003 Thanks
    xxlouisexx56
    I also have a 'few' tins of beans

It's the only supermarket I can walk to so can pop in everyday
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 8th Jan 18, 6:57 PM
    • 1,610 Posts
    • 22,766 Thanks
    Saversue
    I used to have this contract and they replaced up to four parts free ...I just acted silly and they replaced some then found they had to send out for more.
    The next day a different guy came with the extra parts but it didnt sort it so I made him tea and told him that I was promised it would work and couldnt pay for any extra parts.
    He agreed to replace the whole circuit board, electrics too for no extra money and was really lovely about it.
    My boiler is absolutely ancient and still going strong nearly five years later, so hope you get yours sorted too x
    Originally posted by wendyak
    Thanks wendyak, hope they can fix it. 22 year old boiler, easy for me to act dumb and make tea.
    Turned itself off at 3.40 and just decided to come on again very briefly, off again now - driving me nuts.
    • altojack
    • By altojack 8th Jan 18, 7:01 PM
    • 8,931 Posts
    • 123,882 Thanks
    altojack
    Good evening Elite

So very cold here today, I just ventured as far as health centre and back. Another trip there tomorrow, maybe

Ive enjoyed catching up, and have made a few notes along the way

Have you all filled up with beans and soup in Mr M and yogurts from Mr A, as long as youre all warm and happy is the main thing.

Hugs and special thoughts to the Elite poorly and those feeling low in mind and spirit. Yoyr3 always in my thoughts xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 236
    In 63 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th Jan 18, 7:03 PM
    • 3,628 Posts
    • 51,165 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Thanks Anon but, like everything on here, info is provided in good faith and we shop at own risk.

Good evening Elite.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Hi Anon

I will second Pacifica and meant to a response earlier but got caught up with making the dinner All shops at our own risk and every post was helpful even if not fully understood by me at least
    Retiree in training
    • altojack
    • By altojack 8th Jan 18, 7:05 PM
    • 8,931 Posts
    • 123,882 Thanks
    altojack

Good evening Elite.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    I couldnt have put it any better than you. Anon you are a great source of information, always have been, always will I hope. We all know these things are at our own risk. The same as going after glitches, we take the chance they are working xx

Out 236
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 8th Jan 18, 7:09 PM
    • 1,610 Posts
    • 22,766 Thanks
    Saversue
    Anyone got a link to the other products giving points at Morrisons, very sad to say I can't make use of beans as I and no-one I know likes them. Know condensed milk and custard have been mentioned.

Still have Heinz5Beans from when there were free vouchers to print some years ago.
    Told myself I would grow to like them, but didn't work, so not going to do it again.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 8th Jan 18, 7:15 PM
    • 49,505 Posts
    • 603,686 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Just to let you know my sister tried the ogx coconut shampoo and conditioner and it compared v m, will get receipt details later
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 8 1/2 lb week 42
    • altojack
    • By altojack 8th Jan 18, 7:19 PM
    • 8,931 Posts
    • 123,882 Thanks
    altojack
    Snap-ant, not that Im nosey, oh no but I just wondered how the bidding went with the gorgeous Griffin, I would have loved that.

louj . Hope you got the payment sorted out after that error the shop made

hampy Many congratulations to your DS and his gf. Youve every right to be so excited, enjoy the visit to Spain next month

3Dogs. Thank heavens you had that prescription with you, a life saver indeed. Safe drive home today xx

mrsmac. Well done! Your motto for a while is Not my concern. Difficult when first letting go but youll soon reach the stage of how did I ever have time to go to work

Saversue. Speedy recovery wished for you. Have you seen a doctor about this chest infection? I do hope so. Ive got one brewing or it could be the onset of pleurisy (again). Another appt booked for tomorrow.

All done, off for evening meds and a well deserved coffee

Out 236
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,522Posts Today

10,684Users online

Martin's Twitter