Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,698Posts
    • 36,129Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 721
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Jan 18, 4:07 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 31,189 Thanks
    pippo
    Good morning all

Its very cold here this morning The bottle of water in car has frozen Imagine my messages may be too DH could not be bother bringing them in (and smile)

The house is also very cold again thanks to DH as he put the heating to off last night by mistake. Yes very so wee electric heaper is no blasting away

I am going shopping and I have lists then a visit to GP followed by a visit to work to hand fit note in

I will add that my house is definitely getting tidier

Enjoy your day and /or shopping and I do hope that Morries is well stocked up with eat smart stuff
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    Don't get drawn in when you visit work MrsM
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Jan 18, 4:22 PM
    • 9,838 Posts
    • 113,960 Thanks
    emerald21
    I use the snipping tool rhosynbach, copy onto a blank word page and fit 3 to a page

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Anyone got this please dont know how to do it Thanks
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Jan 18, 4:25 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 31,189 Thanks
    pippo
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Just google snipping tool and download. It must be easy to use as I can manage it!!
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th Jan 18, 4:35 PM
    • 3,628 Posts
    • 51,168 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Don't get drawn in when you visit work MrsM
    Originally posted by pippo
    Line manger / boss was gutted when i handed in a 28 day fit note. I have said I am happy to help with letters etc as there are two serious disciplinary matters ongoing. I would not like the outcome to be jeopardised.

Wages were a shambles when I arrived at lunchtime bit not my concern I even refrained from comment to the person processing

I have spend the afternoon with paperwork and got my beans and soup this morning No Christmas puds rtc

Need another wee trip out as I am feeling a bit stifled inside
    Retiree in training
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jan 18, 4:37 PM
    • 6,903 Posts
    • 57,168 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Google "contactless atm near me" and in theory it'll tell you where.
    Originally posted by henrik777
    Tried this, it brought up nothing near me.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Jan 18, 4:40 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 31,189 Thanks
    pippo
    Think I went to whoopsie heaven yesterday!

BF now has a cash and carry card through her work so when we went out we called in as she needed toilet rolls (they weren't that cheap!)
    but, the RTC trolleys and fridges....
    Milk 1p per pint (bought 10 , can freeze)
    Cream at 10p
    Caulis, Cabbages and broccoli 5p
    Huge sausage rolls 1.50 for 6 - freezable!!
    Packs of squash and sweet potato 5p
    Bag of parsnips 5p
    packs of sliced ham 20p
    and a pack of 10 (big) chicken breasts for 5
    • tiha
    • By tiha 8th Jan 18, 4:47 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    tiha
    Ko
    Good afternoon to all, can I politely ask what is the best way to use 3 out of 30spent in sainsbury? I find S quite expensive and I don't normally shop there but I was wondering is there a way to maximise this value? Thank you in advance
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Jan 18, 4:48 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 31,189 Thanks
    pippo
    Line manger / boss was gutted when i handed in a 28 day fit note. I have said I am happy to help with letters etc as there are two serious disciplinary matters ongoing. I would not like the outcome to be jeopardised.

Wages were a shambles when I arrived at lunchtime bit not my concern I even refrained from comment to the person processing

I have spend the afternoon with paperwork and got my beans and soup this morning No Christmas puds rtc

Need another wee trip out as I am feeling a bit stifled inside
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    It's very difficult leaving go isn't it.
    You have to keep telling yourself 'not my concern', but if you know people you just can't help but think of them.
    8 years on and when my assistant manager died I have had dozens of messages about it, I had to go back into work mode to organise!!
    Concentrate on eliting (SP?), it saved me in dark times.
    There is another world out there away from work, I could have gone on for another few years but I eventually played the sick card, and haven't regretted it.
    OK we can't have first class holidays in exotic climes, but I have my health, my sanity, my family and friends... what more do I need?
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Jan 18, 4:56 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 31,189 Thanks
    pippo
    Good afternoon to all, can I politely ask what is the best way to use 3 out of 30spent in sainsbury? I find S quite expensive and I don't normally shop there but I was wondering is there a way to maximise this value? Thank you in advance
    Originally posted by tiha
    Sorry, not a shop I use.
    • newbie1980
    • By newbie1980 8th Jan 18, 4:56 PM
    • 1,864 Posts
    • 22,887 Thanks
    newbie1980
    I think I saw Anon post that you only need wifi to open envelopes, and don't need a sim.. I can't find the post though.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    i use my personal hotspot of my contract iphone to access the androip pay
    • henrik777
    • By henrik777 8th Jan 18, 5:00 PM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 27,745 Thanks
    henrik777
    Just google snipping tool and download. It must be easy to use as I can manage it!!
    Originally posted by pippo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbPAxcTf8h8&t=50s
    • henrik777
    • By henrik777 8th Jan 18, 5:02 PM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 27,745 Thanks
    henrik777
    Tried this, it brought up nothing near me.
    Nor me but then i'm 9 miles to a small town and 22 to larger ones. It shows for them.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jan 18, 5:06 PM
    • 6,903 Posts
    • 57,168 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Nor me but then i'm 9 miles to a small town and 22 to larger ones. It shows for them.
    Originally posted by henrik777
    Im actually in a town, but the top result on google was London... over 200 miles away!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Anon
    • By Anon 8th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 12,170 Posts
    • 139,239 Thanks
    Anon
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105
    On this link it says has NFC

But on this link
    http://www.phonemore.com/alcatel-u5-5044d/specs/3493
    Says doesnt have NFC.

So are argoose telling porkies
    Anyone else got this phone and does yours have NFC?
    Originally posted by gocat
    I am really sorry for any inconvenience and hassle . I went by the description on the Argos website which explicitly said this model does have NFC (I did not mention those that did not mention NFC explicitly - it took ages as there isn’t an easy way to search models with this feature!). Has the activated account got the game showing? If yes, at least you have that ready for getting a phone with NFC.

Yes you should be able to return this to store as it does not have the feature you bought it for which is explicitly mentioned on their site as included in the specification.

I am really sorry to have misled anyone - the U5 4g did say NFC is on this phone .

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 08-01-2018 at 6:16 PM.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 8th Jan 18, 5:22 PM
    • 18,553 Posts
    • 201,712 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Originally posted by emerald21
    If you have Windows 7 or Windows 10 you have it on your computer. You simply bring it up, click "new" on the menu it brings up, then you drag the box around that which you want to copy/print etc. You can save it, copy it or print.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • henrik777
    • By henrik777 8th Jan 18, 5:26 PM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 27,745 Thanks
    henrik777
    Im actually in a town, but the top result on google was London... over 200 miles away!
    Zoom in to the map. That can't be right. I can see some in all areas around London.
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 8th Jan 18, 5:36 PM
    • 1,610 Posts
    • 22,768 Thanks
    Saversue
    Good Afternoon All

Not been around much lately, but have read all your posts, which keep me entertained and informed.
    Have a nasty chest infection and cough, but hopefully it will sort itself out.

Have booked BG to "fix" my heating tomorrow. Found I have a very old service contract, that's no longer available, costs me 4.00 per month. then a 50.00 call out charge, which includes all work and parts. Fancy forgetting about that.
    Boiler is only staying on for a bit and then switches itself off, so house not getting above 13 degrees.
    Last firm, through emergency house insurance told me it was the thermostat, so they disconnected it and sent me an estimate for having a new one fitted, but makes no difference.
    BG will probably tell me system is obsolete and need a new boiler, we will see.

A very belated Happy New Year to you all.
    Hope it's a sweet one, filled with love, happiness, good health and plenty of glitches.
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 8th Jan 18, 5:56 PM
    • 2,495 Posts
    • 38,260 Thanks
    wendyak
    Good Afternoon All

Not been around much lately, but have read all your posts, which keep me entertained and informed.
    Have a nasty chest infection and cough, but hopefully it will sort itself out.

Have booked BG to "fix" my heating tomorrow. Found I have a very old service contract, that's no longer available, costs me 4.00 per month. then a 50.00 call out charge, which includes all work and parts. Fancy forgetting about that.
    Boiler is only staying on for a bit and then switches itself off, so house not getting above 13 degrees.
    Last firm, through emergency house insurance told me it was the thermostat, so they disconnected it and sent me an estimate for having a new one fitted, but makes no difference.
    BG will probably tell me system is obsolete and need a new boiler, we will see.

A very belated Happy New Year to you all.
    Hope it's a sweet one, filled with love, happiness, good health and plenty of glitches.
    Originally posted by Saversue
    I used to have this contract and they replaced up to four parts free ...I just acted silly and they replaced some then found they had to send out for more.
    The next day a different guy came with the extra parts but it didnt sort it so I made him tea and told him that I was promised it would work and couldnt pay for any extra parts.
    He agreed to replace the whole circuit board, electrics too for no extra money and was really lovely about it.
    My boiler is absolutely ancient and still going strong nearly five years later, so hope you get yours sorted too x
    • s4mmy
    • By s4mmy 8th Jan 18, 5:56 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 4,880 Thanks
    s4mmy
    I need to hand back my badge and make huge amends. Someone a few days ago asked about where to pick people up from Manchester airport. I was struggling with RL and couldn't remember enough detail to help, especially as I am dyslexic with numbers. But I did an airport run yesterday and worked hard at remembering. The best and cheapest way of picking someone up who is arriving at Terminal 1 or 3 is to ask them to go to Terminal 1 Departures A. I can't find information online about the difference between A and B, but the website drop off directions seem accurate for A:
    • Leave the M56 at Junction 5 and follow the signs for Terminal 1.
    • You will see the 'Hilton Hotel', followed quickly by the 'Clayton Hotel', on your left hand side.
    • Take the ramp to the left and enter the car park under the 'Drop Off' sign on the left hand side.
    The person waiting needs to stand on the pavement so that they are facing the cars coming up the ramp. You park in one of the bays and they leap into the car. I tend to time it so that the person being picked up is there before me, but if necessary, you can, with the help of your sat nav, drive off and then go back and try again. While it is usually very busy when I need to drop someone off, it has never been very busy when I pick up I guess I have been lucky.

In the multi-storey car park you can park for 30 mins for 4. I only did that when I was picking Mum up and couldn't trust her to find her way to the departures drop off area and that was ages ago.

I'm sorry this wasn't in time for whoever needed the information but may help in the future.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    Thank you so much for the information - it will really help as we are picking dd up this week x
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 8th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 16,484 Posts
    • 279,830 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Hello everyone x

hope your all having a good day xx
    Originally posted by louj101
    Lou I see your posts about your pain levels - have you been to the Pain Clinic? I know a man who could help you and maybe give you a little bit if your life and independence back - feel free to message me
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

344Posts Today

4,213Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin