Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,701Posts
    • 36,137Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 720
    • ROCKINGHAM
    • By ROCKINGHAM 8th Jan 18, 2:31 PM
    • 888 Posts
    • 8,972 Thanks
    ROCKINGHAM
    Afternoon all - gosh what a horrible day out there. Popped to Ms for a bean run. Plenty of stock carefully divided my shopping in two expecting a voucher to pop out to pay for my other bits and pieces got nowt.

It's receipt show points and previous balance so I am assuming that it's updated overnight - can anyone confirm please.

Oh Rose that is sad news about the cat. No easy way to tell the little one either. Huge hug.

Well 3 dogs that's a result bringing your op forward in current climate. Hope it goes well for you.

xx
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 2:32 PM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 56,992 Thanks
    gocat
    But it says has NFC when I looked up the phone and was also recommended on here.
    Can one return mobiles to argoose under there 30days return thingie does anyone know. This is beyond me
    Originally posted by gocat
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105
    On this link it says has NFC

But on this link
    http://www.phonemore.com/alcatel-u5-5044d/specs/3493
    Says doesnt have NFC.

So are argoose telling porkies
    Anyone else got this phone and does yours have NFC?
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Jan 18, 2:37 PM
    • 14,358 Posts
    • 250,078 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Ts - Thorntons Continental Advent Calendar 1.75

Enrituals rose & musk washing cloths liquid 28 washes 1

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• henrik777
    • By henrik777 8th Jan 18, 2:40 PM
    • 2,178 Posts
    • 27,777 Thanks
    henrik777
    But it says has NFC when I looked up the phone and was also recommended on here.
    Can one return mobiles to argoose under there 30days return thingie does anyone know. This is beyond me
    Ah. In that case Argos will have no choice but to refund. If you are particularly knowledgeable you could ask for compensation for time wasted, travel money spent too. Consumer rights act 2015 etc
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 8th Jan 18, 2:43 PM
    • 1,061 Posts
    • 14,163 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    That description on argoss said NFC. I almost bought it. Think I might just hold out and hope that they run the promo on Apple Pay soon!

Unless anyone knows of a decent android tablet it would work on? I don't have a tablet so might invest in one as our home is going "smart" with one thing and another.

Thanks
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 8th Jan 18, 2:47 PM
    • 1,061 Posts
    • 14,163 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Thanks for the beans to the OP.

Bought 20 tins and got 6000 points. I'll go again tomorrow. Returned a c&c chicken to sada also that only had 1 day til use by on it when it said 3 days on website and was given double money back plus 5.00 gift card! Happy with that!
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 2:49 PM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 56,992 Thanks
    gocat
    Ah. In that case Argos will have no choice but to refund. If you are particularly knowledgeable you could ask for compensation for time wasted, travel money spent too. Consumer rights act 2015 etc
    Originally posted by henrik777
    Think I will do that.
    Just looked at same phone on amazon and just says is on android not kit kat or whatever else was needed.

Think better factory reset it before taking it back as got halifx card on it and gmail adress
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Jan 18, 3:04 PM
    • 9,845 Posts
    • 114,026 Thanks
    emerald21
    That description on argoss said NFC. I almost bought it. Think I might just hold out and hope that they run the promo on Apple Pay soon!

Unless anyone knows of a decent android tablet it would work on? I don't have a tablet so might invest in one as our home is going "smart" with one thing and another.

Thanks
    Originally posted by sparklyfee
    A nexus 7.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 8th Jan 18, 3:05 PM
    • 4,861 Posts
    • 59,315 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Just opened the Bendicks bittermints.

You only get 11 in the box.

I've had them before and I thought there were more than that...
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• rhosynbach
    • By rhosynbach 8th Jan 18, 3:05 PM
    • 7,361 Posts
    • 115,299 Thanks
    rhosynbach
    afternoon all hope the elite are well xx

so sorry about your sons cat rose must be upsetting espeacily for the little one xx

can anyone tell me if its possible to print the princes coupon without the advertising bit . thanks xx
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 3:22 PM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 56,992 Thanks
    gocat
    Trying to talk to argoose via fb. Like getting blood out of a stone. Well I cant take it back till tomorrow as not got a car and too late for the bus. so got all night I guess
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jan 18, 3:26 PM
    • 6,911 Posts
    • 57,244 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I bought this from Argos, have not used it in a shop yet as can't verify the card until bank sends me something.
    But it does have the NFC chip in the back case cover.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7362332

79.99, maybe the fast track trick will work for no top up.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 8th Jan 18, 3:26 PM
    • 27,294 Posts
    • 378,420 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Any one visiting Morries and love cheese might be worth looking out for these...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/morrisons-the-best-cheese-lovers-gift-set-300-was-1200-instore-congleton-2873243
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 8th Jan 18, 3:27 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 88,254 Thanks
    izzeyb
    afternoon all hope the elite are well xx

so sorry about your sons cat rose must be upsetting espeacily for the little one xx

can anyone tell me if its possible to print the princes coupon without the advertising bit . thanks xx
    Originally posted by rhosynbach

I use the snipping tool rhosynbach, copy onto a blank word page and fit 3 to a page

• michaels
    • By michaels 8th Jan 18, 3:27 PM
    • 20,155 Posts
    • 92,913 Thanks
    michaels
    This phone has NFC, not sure if any cheaper deals around.

If you want a second month and already have an NFC phone, the O2 one above is good, then just transfer the account made on it to your NFC phone.

Factory reset it and sell to Cex for 21 cash

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SALC4034XO2A#.WlNvFTfLfIU

I went back to this Sant atm today, and found the 'spot' (marked on photo).
    I tried lots of other atm's including Barclays, but there was nothing.

Wish I could find one that didn't mean going to town - I need a secluded out of town atm lol

My 1st day of second month today. Opened all envelopes at home and got a 5 & a 3 gwegg
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    If you open the envelopes at home how do you make sure you are getting each one? Do you leave a certain time between taps? When I used to do it instore I would open each one before doing the next transaction to be sure of getting an envelope each time (this was for the visa envelopes, for the hsbc ones you needed to wait 60s between each opening. Ta
    Cool heads and compromise
    • gocat
    • By gocat 8th Jan 18, 3:31 PM
    • 4,798 Posts
    • 56,992 Thanks
    gocat
    I bought this from Argos, have not used it in a shop yet as can't verify the card until bank sends me something.
    But it does have the NFC chip in the back case cover.

79.99, maybe the fast track trick will work for no top up.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Strange as that one doesnt mention nfc in the blurb .
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jan 18, 3:33 PM
    • 6,911 Posts
    • 57,244 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    If you open the envelopes at home how do you make sure you are getting each one? Do you leave a certain time between taps? When I used to do it instore I would open each one before doing the next transaction to be sure of getting an envelope each time (this was for the visa envelopes, for the hsbc ones you needed to wait 60s between each opening. Ta
    Originally posted by michaels
    I only did 3 atm envelopes, but left about 20-30secs between 2 then did the other one on the way back, as I felt shifty hovering around the atm when people were about

I couldn't open there as no wifi.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jan 18, 3:34 PM
    • 6,911 Posts
    • 57,244 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Strange as that one doesnt mention nfc in the blurb .
    Argoos are strange!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 8th Jan 18, 3:39 PM
    • 19,896 Posts
    • 261,089 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Someone said it was hard to find good items vs Sains. This is good at the moment, with the Ketchup crisps:

1x Walkers Baked Mature Cheddar Crispy Crackers (5x25g) 1.79 1.00

Presumably Italian Herb version also works against S as the third item but my shop was vs T where it is Mature Cheddar and Salt & Vinegar (Salt & Vinegar N/A against S). Alternatively Walkers Baked Crisps could go vs S but not as good due to A's lower individual prices.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • pippo
    • By pippo 8th Jan 18, 4:01 PM
    • 2,908 Posts
    • 31,279 Thanks
    pippo
    Hi everyone x

ive been in so much pain today and it didn't help ive only had 3/4 hours sleep in 2 days

I'm going to try and read back to catch up but if I miss anyone posts im sorry xx

did you all have a good day yesterday xx
    Originally posted by louj101
    Oh Lou, hope you get some rest and relief soon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,009Posts Today

9,871Users online

Martin's Twitter