Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,686Posts
    • 36,098Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 718
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 8th Jan 18, 10:29 AM
    • 839 Posts
    • 11,635 Thanks
    sarahskint
    Morning all, looking for some ideas for wasting time in London with my 11 year old!! We are going up weds morning so have from 11-5 to do 'stuff' we then have to be at St. James hospital for 6pm, following day we have from 8:30am - until 2pm to do something as well, was looking for some very cheap lol ideas please. We have already done the IWM as we done that the last time we were up there - TIA
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th Jan 18, 10:29 AM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 51,142 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Dont buy the Alcatel pixi 4 unless you have another phone to transfer to as this doesnt have nfc. Thanks so much for whoever posted this in the first place, Ive managed to get a second month up and running!
    Originally posted by valhallablue
    Oh no it will just have to go back Sorry Sparkly for being a mis informer
    Retiree in training
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th Jan 18, 10:32 AM
    • 3,627 Posts
    • 51,142 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Morning all, looking for some ideas for wasting time in London with my 11 year old!! We are going up weds morning so have from 11-5 to do 'stuff' we then have to be at St. James hospital for 6pm, following day we have from 8:30am - until 2pm to do something as well, was looking for some very cheap lol ideas please. We have already done the IWM as we done that the last time we were up there - TIA
    Originally posted by sarahskint
    Sorry cant help but hope the visit goes well Take care
    Retiree in training
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 8th Jan 18, 10:32 AM
    • 1,030 Posts
    • 10,776 Thanks
    N6CNH
    Frosty morning here in W. Yorkshire. Hope everyone is well :-)
    • henrik777
    • By henrik777 8th Jan 18, 10:39 AM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 27,745 Thanks
    henrik777
    Nix and Kix soft drinks FREE at Waities on COS
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Jan 18, 10:49 AM
    • 14,333 Posts
    • 249,799 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Lovely warm room with door pulled to to keep warmth in, enter cat who pushes door right open & whoosh out goes the warm air in to chilly not heated hall & then cat leaves too maybe too cold?

gggrrrr
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 8th Jan 18, 10:53 AM
    • 1,053 Posts
    • 14,106 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    No worries mrs Mac. I'm going to hold out for a week. See if a good deal comes up.

Meanwhile...beans. Off to morries now, do I need to buy a particular number of tins each time? Or just up to 20 tins?

Thanks all
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Jan 18, 10:55 AM
    • 16,273 Posts
    • 202,047 Thanks
    mhoc
    Thought this might be of interest

https://flusurvey.org.uk/
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Jan 18, 11:00 AM
    • 16,273 Posts
    • 202,047 Thanks
    mhoc
    the sky garden is a must and its FREE - you need to book tickets, take your passport as well. Food and drink is very expensive up there though so go elsewhere to eat

https://skygarden.london/plan-your-visit

This is a good link, not all 11 year olds are fans of museums so choose something with an interesting exhibition

https://www.museumoflondon.org.uk/museum-london
    Last edited by mhoc; 08-01-2018 at 11:04 AM.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 8th Jan 18, 11:05 AM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 47,309 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Not sure where in London, but if youre 11 yo is into Paddington, you could trying spotting them if theyre still there. Havent done this myself but I know friends with LOs have but that was a couple of years ago. Someone else may know if theyre still about, and its free

http://www.theladytravels.com/paddingtontrail/
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 8th Jan 18, 11:11 AM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 47,309 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    the sky garden is a must and its FREE - you need to book tickets, take your passport as well. Food and drink is very expensive up there though so go elsewhere to eat

https://skygarden.london/plan-your-visit
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Why a passport mhoc, just intrigued
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 8th Jan 18, 11:13 AM
    • 14,333 Posts
    • 249,799 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player!

24 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Monday): Movies 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Bikertov
    • By Bikertov 8th Jan 18, 11:16 AM
    • 1,565 Posts
    • 9,922 Thanks
    Bikertov
    Does anyone on here play the 'Snatch' app game ?

Just started myself a few days ago, and wondered what worthwhile prizes anyone has won recently.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 8th Jan 18, 11:16 AM
    • 7,828 Posts
    • 139,633 Thanks
    locarr
    Morning ALL!

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • rose28454
    • By rose28454 8th Jan 18, 11:18 AM
    • 4,678 Posts
    • 47,335 Thanks
    rose28454
    Just had a very tearful call from my 34 years DS. One of his cats was run over this morning and killed. He doesnt know what to do about his other cat ( the dead cat's sister ) or how to tell his 2 year old daughter ( who loved the cat dearly - was always showing him her dolls etc ). Sad
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 8th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    • 4,350 Posts
    • 88,173 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Mhoc these are the beans

Originally posted by hampydoodums

Noticed they had large tin of eat smart beans in another store this morning with the points on, 32p, and also a packet of Eat Smart Instant Custard with the 300 points on, 38p.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 8th Jan 18, 12:09 PM
    • 16,273 Posts
    • 202,047 Thanks
    mhoc
    Why a passport mhoc, just intrigued
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    For ID - no idea why though ...

We went with Eldest child a couple of years back
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Jan 18, 12:13 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 113,887 Thanks
    emerald21
    Yes dont we all lol . There are always plenty of those
    Originally posted by emerald21
    I think there are far to many prize draws nowadays unless its just me lol. A 10 dinner and loads of prize draws.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 8th Jan 18, 12:16 PM
    • 4,350 Posts
    • 88,173 Thanks
    izzeyb
    The Felix Xmas treats tins that were reduced from 4 in Tesco to 2, went back up to 4.

But this morning they are scanning at 75p
    Contains 5x packs of Felix treats which are usually 1 or more a pack.

Also the Pedigree Turkey Jumbones now 40p and the turkey flavour Schmackos (10 sticks) are 20p. BBE 01-03-19.

Tesco's own equivalent of the schmackos (20 in pack), Turkey and Sage flavour, are scanning at 20p.

These were in a superstore

Last edited by izzeyb; 08-01-2018 at 1:54 PM.
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 8th Jan 18, 12:25 PM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 47,309 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Noticed they had large tin of eat smart beans in another store this morning with the points on, 32p, and also a packet of Eat Smart Instant Custard with the 300 points on, 38p.
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Thanks izzey, will pop in later. DH loves beans.

Just had a very tearful call from my 34 years DS. One of his cats was run over this morning and killed. He doesnt know what to do about his other cat ( the dead cat's sister ) or how to tell his 2 year old daughter ( who loved the cat dearly - was always showing him her dolls etc ). Sad
    Originally posted by rose28454
    Rose, dont know what to say. How very sad for your DS and his family, and the cats sister as she will miss it too. They really are like part of the family
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,555Posts Today

10,545Users online

Martin's Twitter