Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,698Posts
    • 36,129Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 717
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 8th Jan 18, 7:56 AM
    • 4,848 Posts
    • 59,160 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 8th Jan 18, 8:00 AM
    • 4,848 Posts
    • 59,160 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Morning all.

Thank you for this Seren. Ive been neglecting Mr Shoes! Ive 75 points when I buy shampoo and I think their own brand is 75p. This is on my card. Do we know please if card offers can be used more than once?
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    I think it's just once when loaded to card, don't know for sure.

If you see a mag, can you let us know what the coupons are please?

TIA.

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 8th Jan 18, 8:16 AM
    • 18,552 Posts
    • 201,708 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, another grey one.

Saw some blue sky yesterday, but we just don't seem to have enough sunshine around here at the moment.

Our lounge always seems enormous when we take all the decs down, the tree is sitting outside and will be cut up when it dries out a bit, I tend to burn it along with the cotoneaster cutings and the raspberry canes, then I put the ash on the compost.

Got some hard work coming up with the raspberry canes, I have to dig some out because they are trying to take over the garden Also have to seriously prune the cotoneaster, not sure it is going to survive as seem to be losing a bit in the middle, will have to replace it if it dies because the insects adore it!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 8th Jan 18, 8:17 AM
    • 4,848 Posts
    • 59,160 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Our Christmas decorations came down on Saturday and all packed away in the loft - our house looks bare .

... roll on Christmas!

Back to the normal routine - at least we may have a chance of knowing what day it is, over Christmas and New Year you are never quite sure!

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Yes, it can be muddling.

Because it was a BH on the Monday, my normal Monday routine got shunted to the Friday, so the Friday 'felt' like a Monday all day long, then I did extra on the Thursday, so Thursday felt like Monday too.

So now here we are on Monday again, and I'm off as I'm owed time.

I had to write all the days down in the end, just to keep up.

• sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 8th Jan 18, 8:24 AM
    • 1,060 Posts
    • 14,142 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Morning all,

Thanks for the beans offer. I'll go see if there are any on the shelves today.

Just about to buy a droid phone for AP on eBay. Just checking that I won't have any issues with it being second hand?

Missed the boat with the 10.00 gc for argos and 65 quid is a bit steep

Thanks
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 8th Jan 18, 8:28 AM
    • 6,903 Posts
    • 57,161 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Morning all,

Thanks for the beans offer. I'll go see if there are any on the shelves today.

Just about to buy a droid phone for AP on eBay. Just checking that I won't have any issues with it being second hand?

Missed the boat with the 10.00 gc for argos and 65 quid is a bit steep

Thanks
    Originally posted by sparklyfee
    I think It depends if the previous owner used AP on it.
    I bought my original android from eBay not thinking about that, but luckily it worked.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 8th Jan 18, 8:37 AM
    • 1,060 Posts
    • 14,142 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    I think It depends if the previous owner used AP on it.
    I bought my original android from eBay not thinking about that, but luckily it worked.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Oh I'm too scared to risk it. Might just bite the bullet at 65 quid from argos and hope I don't just get prize draw entries!!
    • tweets
    • By tweets 8th Jan 18, 8:43 AM
    • 28,341 Posts
    • 416,615 Thanks
    tweets
    The last time it was icy here it wasnt too bad at my house and drove to a friends for a meal. It was sheet ice at hers and as Id already fallen once this year I was rather anxious. Was wearing court shoes too. After the meal she lent me her snow over shoe things and they were brilliant. Found some in store at Sports Direct yesterday, Snowtrax shoe grips. They were 6.50 and I cant recommend them too highly. Its like youre not walking on ice. Just remove them when youre on laminate flooring, according to the review comments!!
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    Thank you but I haven't time to look now but I have tried 2 different type ice grips and couldn't wear them I felt like I was bouncing and couldn't even walk . Will check them out when I get home see if I have tried these
    Lost 3st-1lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 8th Jan 18, 8:45 AM
    • 28,341 Posts
    • 416,615 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning

Cold and frosty here -6

Time to go back to work today see you laters ;hello:
    Lost 3st-1lb
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th Jan 18, 9:09 AM
    • 3,628 Posts
    • 51,168 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Oh I'm too scared to risk it. Might just bite the bullet at 65 quid from argos and hope I don't just get prize draw entries!!
    Sparkly I never thought of that either but I bought a new one from o2 Direct but offer finished yesterday but they may have anew one today Anon posted deals but the best I could find was 29 with a 10 top up from Argos but apparently you don't need the top up

Sains had the same offer at 39 with a top up required Alcatel Kit kat with 4.4 May not be exact but may help with a search

Sorry its still above my head
    Last edited by mrsmac10; 08-01-2018 at 9:18 AM.
    Retiree in training
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 8th Jan 18, 9:14 AM
    • 6,386 Posts
    • 87,717 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

Week 1 57.49 miles 137 696 steps
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 8th Jan 18, 9:15 AM
    • 1,060 Posts
    • 14,142 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Thank you. I'll have a look. So confusing but I really want to take part!
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th Jan 18, 9:17 AM
    • 3,628 Posts
    • 51,168 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Its very cold here this morning The bottle of water in car has frozen Imagine my messages may be too DH could not be bother bringing them in (and smile)

The house is also very cold again thanks to DH as he put the heating to off last night by mistake. Yes very so wee electric heaper is no blasting away

I am going shopping and I have lists then a visit to GP followed by a visit to work to hand fit note in

I will add that my house is definitely getting tidier

Enjoy your day and /or shopping and I do hope that Morries is well stocked up with eat smart stuff
    Retiree in training
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 8th Jan 18, 9:22 AM
    • 1,060 Posts
    • 14,142 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Sparkly I never thought of that either but I bought a new one from o2 Direct but offer finished yesterday but they may have anew one today Anon posted deals but the best I could find was 29 with a 10 top up from Argos but apparently you don't need the top up

Sains had the same offer at 39 with a top up required Alcatel Kit kat with 4.4 May not be exact but may help with a search

Sorry its still above my head
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    I can't even find mobile phones on sains website! Might just have to walk into carphone warehouse at this rate!! Haha.
    • valhallablue
    • By valhallablue 8th Jan 18, 9:35 AM
    • 82 Posts
    • 1,146 Thanks
    valhallablue
    Dont buy the Alcatel pixi 4 unless you have another phone to transfer to as this doesnt have nfc. Thanks so much for whoever posted this in the first place, Ive managed to get a second month up and running!
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Jan 18, 9:46 AM
    • 9,838 Posts
    • 113,945 Thanks
    emerald21
    Actually nerfy has answered this very question over on the dark side, its 20 per day
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Hi does he use the same name there ?

Good Morning all
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 8th Jan 18, 9:50 AM
    • 3,242 Posts
    • 47,342 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Hi does he use the same name there ?

Good Morning all
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Morning luvlies

Yes, just realised were not supposed to talk about him
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 8th Jan 18, 10:00 AM
    • 9,838 Posts
    • 113,945 Thanks
    emerald21
    Yes dont we all lol . There are always plenty of those
    • MKS
    • By MKS 8th Jan 18, 10:17 AM
    • 9,575 Posts
    • 149,036 Thanks
    MKS

This was a full, no more room in the No 1 lounge at Gatwick South on Friday.
    The people who couldnt get access would put the trouts to shame. I have never seen anything like it. From a guy that managed to get a very senior person at Priority Pass on the phone to talk to the lounge receptionist (she wouldnt take the call) to someone offering to buy other peoples timed entry passes. Could only describe them as dressed up rabble.

It was much calmer inside and about half empty.
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 8th Jan 18, 10:26 AM
    • 3,628 Posts
    • 51,168 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    I can't even find mobile phones on sains website! Might just have to walk into carphone warehouse at this rate!! Haha.
    Neither can I just went instore

We are very lucky having Sains, asda and Morries all with a 10 min drive

Tesco is about 20 mins away but just minutes from DS so always incorporate a visit to T's when we are down
    Last edited by mrsmac10; 08-01-2018 at 10:30 AM.
    Retiree in training
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,574Posts Today

6,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin