Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,683Posts
    • 36,085Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 713
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Jan 18, 7:20 PM
    • 4,348 Posts
    • 88,147 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Mad at myself now as we were in Morribobs this afternoon and I didn't even look at the right section.
    Errant son is going through the Heinz stash 2 cans at a time so it wont last that long ...

If anyone else has bought these please can we have some pics so we know what to look for pretty please.

I've got Morribobs gift vouchers as well - discounted from OHs works scheme so even better
    Originally posted by mhoc

Here's a link which shows the soups mhoc, sorry not a clue how to post a picture.

My local had four of the flavours, I didn't know about the beans when I called in this morning.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=eat%20smart%20soup

These could be the beans if they are 25p

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/morrisons-price-comparison/Tinned_Beans/Morrisons_Eat_Smart_Baked_Beans_in_Tomato_Sauce_22 0g.html?TrackingCode=AQABAAE.0JrBBUvTLU6nxcitYyP-Fg

Last edited by izzeyb; 07-01-2018 at 7:44 PM.
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 7th Jan 18, 7:26 PM
    • 129 Posts
    • 1,533 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    [QUOTE=Wheres My Cashback;73678721]Franken Furter

Decamp them into a bun and voila...Hot dogs !

[/QUOTE

Nooooo....................
    • altojack
    • By altojack 7th Jan 18, 7:37 PM
    • 8,922 Posts
    • 123,779 Thanks
    altojack
    Not at all - I use Apple and have bought Droid just to play .

It is a shame we didnt fully understand it early on and how to activate additional accounts, as we could otherwise have potentially won even more . The HeSBC version would particularly have been great to play for longer.

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I was reading about this AP before I went away and Im still reading. Its at this point Im going to start skipping over any mention of AP stuff because

I CANT GET IT to sink into my brain. Im off to look at the pretty pictures from Seren, and p ussies and doggies, but not hot dogs

Think Ill go and flick through some pages Ive missed whilst away

Back later xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 236
    In 63 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 7th Jan 18, 7:44 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 113,886 Thanks
    emerald21
    My suspicious behaviour at Bclys till today netted me a coke, 3 M&S, 3 X 3 Gregg's, 2 x 10 Dine out and a 20 meal voucher (over 2 phones). I decided to use this rather than the STDr as one of my cards is Stdr and their ATM message asks me to use card whereas Bclys says cannot read card. I didn't want to flag my account with Stdr so hoping the fact this ATM says they cannot read the card won't flag my account anywhere.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Hi so Barclay atm s work like Santander ones do for some folk then do they pls. When I use mine in Tesco sometimes a message comes up with two cards have been detected on your device please click on the one you want to use Just saying lol
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 7th Jan 18, 7:47 PM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 47,309 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Ive been trying to remember but my brain just isnt being helpful... we need someone to remember what we did in the biscuit glitch for this and I think it was maximum of 20 items per day per card but I wouldnt like to say for sure x
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Evening luvlies

Screen shot the post about the extra points at M last night on the dark side but forgot to post it

Anyway, last time we did the this in M I remember buying the Foxs crunch creams, taking them out to the car and waiting for the points to show on my app, going back in buying a small banana, getting the Morries fivers out the Catalina and doing it all again. This way I was never parting with more than 10p of real money at a time. This happened when my sister and I were speaking to each other and I was handing over bags and bags of biscuits for her to take to a local shelter.

Cant remember how many I bought but it must have been in excess of 200 packs. However, I do remember doing it on several cards so 20 items per day may be right
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 7th Jan 18, 7:48 PM
    • 9,828 Posts
    • 113,886 Thanks
    emerald21
    re AP. Is there a best visa card to add or doesnt it matter.
    tia
    Also can you do AP in M's. Might try it with the beans deal . Can do one at a time isnt it?

Playing about with my new toy
    Originally posted by gocat
    They can be used in Morrissons provided you have internet access . Their Wi-fi is hopeless. Im mid sim for my mifi unit so have to rely on the shops Wi-fi. Tesco s is a good one for me.
    • cloz
    • By cloz 7th Jan 18, 7:50 PM
    • 299 Posts
    • 2,813 Thanks
    cloz
    Evening all, finally managed to get a trip to Bluewater today but it appears most of the sales are finishing !!! seems to be really early this year. Loads of stock left in Mr Shoes but its manic there when it goes to 75% so will probably give that a miss. Did manage to get some bits from JL that went through the till at half the sale price though which made it worth the journey.
    Chocolate always makes me feel better!
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 7th Jan 18, 7:54 PM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 47,309 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Mhoc these are the beans

Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jan 18, 8:00 PM
    • 49,489 Posts
    • 603,568 Thanks
    bubbs
    Afternoon all - feeling rough which a shame really cost it looks nice outside yeah I know it will be cold but it's the sort of day I could up my step count. Got like funny sensation in my left ear - it's a bit like white noise. Think it must be the leftover cartaah from the headcold I have. At least the headache has subsided.

Not a brilliant start but hopefully I will have the energy to pop to Ms for beans and soup.

AJ don't be naughty and take it easy. Di sorry yr op has been delayed but it's sounds as though it mightsuits you better. However have to agree with Blacklist - money tight at this time of year. I had to wait until a pension was paid into my account before I could make a contribution. Glad I don't have to wait until end of the month like most others.

Bubbs I know you have to move out every year but don't understand why. Gosh it must be a real pain just after Xmas too.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday folks. xx
    Originally posted by ROCKINGHAM
    Because were i live is only a 11 month licence , tbh we knew this and are prepared as much as we can be but at my sisters this yr, hence less time here
    Totally agree I bought them for a friend plus gave DS some to take the guy in his work A full house of whatever was on offer I hope he likes them

I have been looking at the Morrison's eat smart range two soup and one beans for 1.15 plus 900 points ie 90p back Another friend gives to the homeless but no idea if they have access to heating up food facilities

Oh I like a good bargain but I don't really like tinned soup Can have the Baxters carrot and coriander if pushed I still have some when they last gliched
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    I "buy" loads for a homeless man but i know he as a small camping cooker and my sis's MIL buys him the cannisters
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 8 1/2 lb week 42
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jan 18, 8:01 PM
    • 49,489 Posts
    • 603,568 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening all
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    • 16,272 Posts
    • 202,018 Thanks
    mhoc
    Mhoc these are the beans

Originally posted by hampydoodums
    ta!!,

How do the Elite see this?

Is it 20 cans in total per account?

Or 20 cans maximum per day?

or 20 cans per shopping basket?

Is it 20 cans over the total promotional period ie is it cumalative ie twenty cans over 4 shops?

these cans are better for me, love beans on toast. Also makes a nice vegetarian breakfast - linda m sausage, mands croquette and morrisons beans
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 7th Jan 18, 8:05 PM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 47,309 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Ive got to watch my spend in M on the tinned stuff as need to make a big purchase in Marksies soon, off to look for 50 gift cards in M. By buying 10 x 50 M&S GCs in separate transactions should give me 62,500 in points - worth 62.50

Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jan 18, 8:10 PM
    • 49,489 Posts
    • 603,568 Thanks
    bubbs
    UNTESTED v Waitrose

3 for 2 Simple Kind to Skin Moisturising Facial Wash

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Facial_Care/Simple_Kind_to_Skin_Moisturising_Facial_Wash_150ml .html?TrackingCode=AQYGAAE.P3gw5TV11k-8b4Ojd8isIw

Simple eye make-up remover

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Make_Up/Simple_Conditioning_Eye_Make_Up_Remover_125ml.html ?TrackingCode=AQYAAAE.V8IHDph-rUCPupL5XHq85A

Both 2 Asda v 1.56 in Waitrose. Should work out at 74p each

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/browse/groceries/half_price/toiletries_and_beauty/skincare

The OGX range of hair stuff is in 3 for 2, 6.99 in Asda and 5.00 in Morries.
    Would work out at 2.17 each which is a good price if it is something you use.

John Frieda on 3 for 2, Asda 6 should compare to sainsbobs 4.00 each. Would work out 1.60 but everyone probably stocked up when 1.00. On offer in Sainsbobs until 16th January.

Also some compare to Morries, as confirmed on a womble.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?query=john+frieda&store=ASDA

Will try and get some better pics to look at the Aussie hair stuff tomorrow - offers in Morries and Tesco 3 for 10 and Waitrose 2 for 6.00.

Will also look if any wipes showing the offer.

Originally posted by izzeyb
    These are 2 for 10 in waities so would have to buy in 6's how much would apg be please?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jan 18, 8:11 PM
    • 49,489 Posts
    • 603,568 Thanks
    bubbs
    ta!!,

Is it 20 cans over the total promotional period ie is it cumalative ie twenty cans over 4 shops?

these cans are better for me, love beans on toast. Also makes a nice vegetarian breakfast - linda m sausage, mands croquette and morrisons beans
    20 per day like biscuits were
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 16,272 Posts
    • 202,018 Thanks
    mhoc
    Here's a link which shows the soups mhoc, sorry not a clue how to post a picture.

My local had four of the flavours, I didn't know about the beans when I called in this morning.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=eat%20smart%20soup

These could be the beans if they are 25p

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/morrisons-price-comparison/Tinned_Beans/Morrisons_Eat_Smart_Baked_Beans_in_Tomato_Sauce_22 0g.html?TrackingCode=AQABAAE.0JrBBUvTLU6nxcitYyP-Fg

excellent - Ive screen shot the pics to aid memory - I think the chicken been and tomato bean ones would make good casserole bases.

Ive got 2 morribobs cards - Oh has his own and I can top his points on his card up to get to a morrsons fiver level and then use that to pay for a second set of beans or soup. And we have 2 Morribobs.
    Plus another spare Morribobs which would be worth a trip out.

The biscuit thing how long ago was that - I think we were away and it came and went whie we were AWOL
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 7th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 1,547 Posts
    • 26,621 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Sorry they didn't all compare Lango. I hate Morries comparisons

It's about time Asda found a better way of collecting the info

Don't worry, used gift set APG that needed to be used, as you say Morries comparisons are hit and miss.
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 7th Jan 18, 8:19 PM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 47,309 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    ta!!,

Actually nerfy has answered this very question over on the dark side, its 20 per day
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 7th Jan 18, 8:26 PM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 47,309 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Superdrug bargains, not my shop - from FB page

Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jan 18, 8:26 PM
    • 3,023 Posts
    • 43,913 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Evening

Dont forget with morries there is a 100 cap per month for points x

Back to the grind stone for me tomorrow so might be lurking for a bit
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 7th Jan 18, 8:28 PM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 47,309 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Evening

Dont forget with morries there is a 100 cap per month for points x

Back to the grind stone for me tomorrow so might be lurking for a bit
    Originally posted by ilovetoshop
    Yep, thats why I cant go too mad with the beans as I need to buy GCs too. Thanks for the reminder ILTS
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

483Posts Today

4,577Users online

Martin's Twitter