Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,701Posts
    • 36,133Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 712
    • locarr
    • By locarr 7th Jan 18, 6:00 PM
    • 7,834 Posts
    • 139,704 Thanks
    locarr

According to the new Boots magazine, dry January is unrealistic, people are better drinking in moderation as in February we binge drink to make up for depriving ourselves all month.

Interesting reading.
    No decent coupons though.
    Originally posted by curl girl

Read the same too in Men's health...

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/why-you-shouldnt-do-dry-january?utm_source=crm&utm_medium=email&utm_campai gn=MNH_N_20180104_DailyUpgrade283&utm_content=na&u tm_term=na&HearstNode=06BCB78E722BA0F25EFEAFEBA293 60A98806A4BE9817A83F2E1E8A173EBB04B0
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • locarr
    • By locarr 7th Jan 18, 6:14 PM
    • 7,834 Posts
    • 139,704 Thanks
    locarr
    Thread must be soooo dull for those on Apple with all these non-stop Q's on AP.
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback

Yep!

But does it really matter?

If our intention is to be welcoming to newcomers, it does the cause no good to make a dig

After all, you and I were once lurkers I guess locarr Very few people jump straight in

Apart from that, I can think of lots of examples where a newcomer has started a post with Im a long time lurker, but I might have just found something.........
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

I welcome newcomers, always have...

Many a time I have defended newbies from some of our pedantic posters who dig out those that make an error.

I was referring to those that only seem to make an appearance when a big glitch is going down and then disappear without adding any value to the thread, they know who they are
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 6:17 PM
    • 32,654 Posts
    • 463,489 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    In need of a bit pampering....anyone else opened theirs?

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 6:21 PM
    • 32,654 Posts
    • 463,489 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Nah.......I think it always been the same.....theres always a few who jump on an idea and questions flow......but it soon passes and were onto the next idea
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 7th Jan 18, 6:24 PM
    • 15,329 Posts
    • 188,619 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Just back from M...bought 10 soup and 10 beans...7 outlay and got 6000 more points, so total cost 1. Thanks ILTS....DH is just tucking into a bowl of chickpea and spinach soup...lovely
    Originally posted by juju17
    That is a fabulous deal, off to have a read x
    Aim 20 lbs loss by 21.3.18.
    10 weeks to go - 16.5 lbs to go.
    20,000 step a day challenge.
    Day 1 - 27,024 steps. Day 2 - 24,000 steps. Day 3 - 18,554 Day 4 -13,207 Day 5 - 14,218 Day 6 - 27,238 Day 7 - 13,000. Total 137,241
    Banked steps for lazy days 0....
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 6:25 PM
    • 32,654 Posts
    • 463,489 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Yep!

I welcome newcomers, always have...

Many a time I have defended newbies from some of our pedantic posters who dig out those that make an error.

I was referring to those that only seem to make an appearance when a big glitch is going down and then disappear without adding any value to the thread, they know who they are
    Originally posted by locarr
    You do always welcome new posters locarr
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Jan 18, 6:27 PM
    • 3,257 Posts
    • 33,193 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    In need of a bit pampering....anyone else opened theirs?

I love those boxes @12.50 last January they were a true bargain
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 7.5lb
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jan 18, 6:34 PM
    • 16,287 Posts
    • 202,139 Thanks
    mhoc
    Just back from M...bought 10 soup and 10 beans...7 outlay and got 6000 more points, so total cost 1. Thanks ILTS....DH is just tucking into a bowl of chickpea and spinach soup...lovely
    Originally posted by juju17
    Mad at myself now as we were in Morribobs this afternoon and I didn't even look at the right section.
    Errant son is going through the Heinz stash 2 cans at a time so it wont last that long ...

If anyone else has bought these please can we have some pics so we know what to look for pretty please.

I've got Morribobs gift vouchers as well - discounted from OHs works scheme so even better
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 6:38 PM
    • 32,654 Posts
    • 463,489 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Errant son is going through the Heinz stash 2 cans at a time so it wont last that long ...
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Are these the beans and sausages ones mhoc?

I had the misfortune to open a tin last week and I thought the sausages were horrible

Cant remember the last time I tried them but surely they weren't as bad as that
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Jan 18, 6:39 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 88,254 Thanks
    izzeyb
    JF is 2 for 9 v T or W - so 2.05 each. Best would be v S or M at 1.60 each.
    Originally posted by Chrisv

Phew the relief .... at the sums

Only mentioned sainsbobs for the JF as they have more and Morries comparisons unreliable.

However since this morning someone found couple of JF confirmed against Morries on a womble 6 v 4.00. Third JF was N/A though

Last edited by izzeyb; 07-01-2018 at 6:51 PM.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 6:40 PM
    • 32,654 Posts
    • 463,489 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I love those boxes @12.50 last January they were a true bargain
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I thought a few of us had them The body lotion smells lush

I havent checked Boots since before Christmas. I wonder what delights await us
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 7th Jan 18, 6:41 PM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 35,393 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    I had the misfortune to open a tin last week and I thought the sausages were horrible
    Franken Furter

Decamp them into a bun and voila...Hot dogs !

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 6:44 PM
    • 32,654 Posts
    • 463,489 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Franken Furter

Decamp them into a bun and voila...Hot dogs !

To be fair, my taste buds haven’t been right....so what do we do.....wash them first

Oh your photo has just come up......poor puppy hehe
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 7th Jan 18, 6:49 PM
    • 2,748 Posts
    • 35,393 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    To be fair, my taste buds havent been right....so what do we do.....wash them first

Oh your photo has just come up......poor puppy hehe
    I know, poor thing....should have some onions, mustard and ketchup on top to keep him warm
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 7th Jan 18, 6:52 PM
    • 3,631 Posts
    • 51,195 Thanks
    mrsmac10

Totally agree I bought them for a friend plus gave DS some to take the guy in his work A full house of whatever was on offer I hope he likes them

I have been looking at the Morrison's eat smart range two soup and one beans for 1.15 plus 900 points ie 90p back Another friend gives to the homeless but no idea if they have access to heating up food facilities

Oh I like a good bargain but I don't really like tinned soup Can have the Baxters carrot and coriander if pushed I still have some when they last gliched
    Retiree in training
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Jan 18, 6:54 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 88,254 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Mixed results on balsam shop

14 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    2x Hunger Breaks The Full Monty (395g) 2.00 2.00
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) 0.10 N/A
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Shampoo (300ml) 6.00 N/A
    1x Hunger Breaks All Day Breakfast (395g) 1.00 1.74
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Damage Repair Conditioner (300ml) 6.00 3.00
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Conditioner (300ml) 6.00 3.00
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) 0.10 0.10
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Damage Repair Shampoo (300ml) 6.00 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 0.10
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4 pint) 1.09 1.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) 16.49 11.24
    +5.25 cheaper
    For your information:
    Originally posted by LANGO1966

Sorry they didn't all compare Lango. I hate Morries comparisons

It's about time Asda found a better way of collecting the info

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jan 18, 7:01 PM
    • 16,287 Posts
    • 202,139 Thanks
    mhoc
    Totally agree I bought them for a friend plus gave DS some to take the guy in his work A full house of whatever was on offer I hope he likes them

I have been looking at the Morrison's eat smart range two soup and one beans for 1.15 plus 900 points ie 90p back Another friend gives to the homeless but no idea if they have access to heating up food facilities

Oh I like a good bargain but I don't really like tinned soup Can have the Baxters carrot and coriander if pushed I still have some when they last gliched
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    I know you can eat cold beans straight from a can - a bit grim though. I imagine though if some are living in woodlands they might get sticks enough to make a rudimentry fire to heat a can up so I think spare cans would always be welcomed.
    When we were going down the bypass the other day there was a chap with his scooter parked up on the grass and he was hack sawing up sticks - I imagine small enough to go into his rucksack
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 7th Jan 18, 7:06 PM
    • 16,287 Posts
    • 202,139 Thanks
    mhoc

yes hes been eating the beef ravioli and the spagetti and sausages - dire - but he is a human dustbin, its more bulk than quality he needs and at least they were minimal cost and he can help himself as and when
    • altojack
    • By altojack 7th Jan 18, 7:16 PM
    • 8,937 Posts
    • 123,943 Thanks
    altojack
    Plenty of rest young lady .....we will never learn not to over do it ...
    I am guilty of the same crime ....and sad to say a repeat offender
    Originally posted by underperky
    Yes, repeat offender here perky. I dont think well ever learn. Hope you are getting on as well as can be expected xx

No new date yet TS I would imagine it will take a while for the nhs to get over the latest crisis. the nearer the summer the better for me :hj
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I had to have a sneaky look at your previous posts to see what this is about . Like others have said, at least you can enjoy your Birthday first. Back to the waiting lists which are ever growing but hope you get your new date soon Di xx

It is when reading thread on my iPad but hey, I dont have an iPhone
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 236
    In 63 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • altojack
    • By altojack 7th Jan 18, 7:19 PM
    • 8,937 Posts
    • 123,943 Thanks
    altojack

Lou

Altojack had left me a message on Facebook for you.

She struggled to post this pic and asked if I would

She says the gift set in the hamper was free from sdrug buying something, cant remember what. Theres a 1p keyring from T and a 1p mini photo album too haha
    Originally posted by tweets

tweets, thanks for posting for me. I should have said its not a very good pic as its not showing all the sachets and phials, it could be because of the cellophane
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 236
    In 63 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,354Posts Today

8,703Users online

Martin's Twitter