Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,713Posts
    • 36,160Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 709
    • altojack
    • By altojack 7th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    • 8,945 Posts
    • 124,049 Thanks
    altojack
    Good afternoon Elite

Got home yesterday but after overdoing things as per, Im spending today in bed . My joints are hot and swollen and I dare not mention my feet, cant even get my slippers on today

Looks like theres too much to catch up on but I might just flick back through the pages tonight, just to make sure youve all been behaving yourselves

Hope everyone happy and well, cupboards still full? Strange but Ive missed you guys

Hugs to all the Elite poorly, special thoughts and hugs to those low in spirit and mind. Youre always in my thoughts xx
    There's no place like home

Stash Clearance of Face Creams, Lotions, Potions & Fragrance Samples
    Out 236
    In 63 most added to collection for Pamper Hampers
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Jan 18, 1:35 PM
    • 3,287 Posts
    • 33,500 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good afternoon Elite

Got home yesterday but after overdoing things as per, Im spending today in bed . My joints are hot and swollen and I dare not mention my feet, cant even get my slippers on today

Looks like theres too much to catch up on but I might just flick back through the pages tonight, just to make sure youve all been behaving yourselves

Hope everyone happy and well, cupboards still full? Strange but Ive missed you guys

Hugs to all the Elite poorly, special thoughts and hugs to those low in spirit and mind. Youre always in my thoughts xx
    Originally posted by altojack
    Hi AJ good to see you back. Make sure you get plenty of rest a good catch up on here and plenty of candycrush should do the trick.
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 7.5lb
    • altojack
    • By altojack 7th Jan 18, 1:41 PM
    • 8,945 Posts
    • 124,049 Thanks
    altojack
    louj101. I had a message left for me saying I owed you a reply . Sorry sweetheart, Ive been away to a family funeral and hadnt seen your post until now.

Right, the freebies I collect are varied. Some get mentioned on here, others are in the Freebies section a few floors down from here. 8oots and Bedenhams can also be a good source of makeup samples and fragrance 5ml phials.

Ive been known to use samples of toothpastes, shampoo and conditioner sachets. I fact most smallish free items. Last year I made up 2 Pamper Hampers by getting hold of 2 sdrug boxes and covered with Christmas wrapping paper. Shredded coloured tissue paper then placed items in the boxes and covered over with clear wrap. Ive deleted my photos of them but think tweets might have a picture.

The socks were just stuffed with the same type of freebies as above but unfortunately no photos this year

Hope the above helps you, oh I forget to say. Body shop are good for freebies in store but they do not keep very long so these you could ask for early December if for Hampers/stockings etc or anytime you are passing really.

Out 236
    • altojack
    • By altojack 7th Jan 18, 1:45 PM
    • 8,945 Posts
    • 124,049 Thanks
    altojack
    Hi AJ good to see you back. Make sure you get plenty of rest a good catch up on here and plenty of candycrush should do the trick.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Di, you wouldnt believe it but ds4 and dgf moved in here while we were away, too look after the house he tells me. Oh yes put it this way, stocks are low, iPad covered in finger marks, yuk but he told me he has moved on in Candy, did my bonus and been very generous with lives. Couldnt find charger yesterday but it turned up under one of the sofas

Bless his heart. Im now off to bed and catch-up later. Hope you are well Di xx

Out 236
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Jan 18, 1:48 PM
    • 49,557 Posts
    • 604,111 Thanks
    bubbs
    AJ, plenty of rest and hopefully you will be back soon, take care x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 10 1/2 lb week 43
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 7th Jan 18, 1:56 PM
    • 2,733 Posts
    • 36,875 Thanks
    pacifica9
    This is a Sntandr atm, is there any way to see if it has contactless?

I did hover my Apple pay over the key pad but nothing.

Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    The contactless is in that space to the right of the keypad - usually, but not always, marked with the contactless sign.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • locarr
    • By locarr 7th Jan 18, 1:57 PM
    • 7,835 Posts
    • 139,715 Thanks
    locarr
    I have to be honest with all the lurkers on here who also save a fortune I am surprised that more money hasn't been raised. I think there are an awful lot of us who can afford a fiver........just saying

All the lurkers appear to have gone in to hibernation now the big gift glitch has ended...
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • Fruittea
    • By Fruittea 7th Jan 18, 1:58 PM
    • 742 Posts
    • 2,722 Thanks
    Fruittea
    I have to be honest with all the lurkers on here who also save a fortune I am surprised that more money hasn't been raised. I think there are an awful lot of us who can afford a fiver........just saying

Thanks for the reminder - I'm a lurker and have appreciated Sal's hard work in the past. Thanks also to all the Elite. I have donated.
    "Save 12k in 2017" - 9970.12 Number 71
    May Grocery Challenge 0.00/150.00
    The great, good and not so good bits about growing your own dinner 2017

No Clutter To Be Seen 476/2017
    • michaels
    • By michaels 7th Jan 18, 2:01 PM
    • 20,174 Posts
    • 92,998 Thanks
    michaels
    JF is 2 for 9 v T or W - so 2.05 each. Best would be v S or M at 1.60 each.
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Thanks, so 2 for 6 was just a typo
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Jan 18, 2:04 PM
    • 12,210 Posts
    • 139,641 Thanks
    Anon
    The contactless is in that space to the right of the keypad - usually, but not always, marked with the contactless sign.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Yes, it is right of the key pad. If they have security cameras they will have seen me scanning the ATM all round until my phone beeped . I also did the same at other ATMs too - though in fairness it did say contactless in. Screen so I knew it was there somewhere!

It is not exactly obvious as no label on my nearest San - I tried scanning the keypad, the card slot ... I was expecting getting a tap on my shoulder from the police for suspicious behaviour .

Anon
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 7th Jan 18, 2:08 PM
    • 6,398 Posts
    • 87,836 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    All the lurkers appear to have gone in to hibernation now the big gift glitch has ended...
    Originally posted by locarr
    Typical .
    Walk 3000 miles in a year challenge 2018

Week 1 57.49 miles 137 696 steps
    Week 2 71.97 miles 172 482 steps
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 7th Jan 18, 2:10 PM
    • 2,183 Posts
    • 12,932 Thanks
    thepearce
    Started a new job this week and have been full of a cold too. 5 hours travel each day so not even time to catch up each day...

Saw this in M&S today and thought I'd mention it :
    80 Breakfast Blend Tea Bags (yellow box) are reduced to 1.10 in M&S. Bought one along with some milk for a few magic digits (AP) and 10p real money .

Saw the M beans on the dark side earlier so bought 2 x 20 of those for food bank. Also tried (and somewhat failed) for the 6,250 points (6.25) when you buy an amazon gift card. I think that's effective 12.5% off at amazon - albeit to spend in M.
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 7th Jan 18, 2:12 PM
    • 1,554 Posts
    • 26,702 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Mixed results on balsam shop

14 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    2x Hunger Breaks The Full Monty (395g) 2.00 2.00
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) 0.10 N/A
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Shampoo (300ml) 6.00 N/A
    1x Hunger Breaks All Day Breakfast (395g) 1.00 1.74
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Damage Repair Conditioner (300ml) 6.00 3.00
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Conditioner (300ml) 6.00 3.00
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) 0.10 0.10
    3x Alberto Balsam Blends Damage Repair Shampoo (300ml) 6.00 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 0.10
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (4 pint) 1.09 1.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) 16.49 11.24
    +5.25 cheaper
    For your information:
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Jan 18, 2:29 PM
    • 12,210 Posts
    • 139,641 Thanks
    Anon
    On Arg0s it says PAYG phones have to be bought with a 10 top up, but there doesn’t seem to be anything forcing you to when you order for fast track collection?

Has anyone bought from there and walked away with the phone without a top up?

Anon
    • Blacklist
    • By Blacklist 7th Jan 18, 2:30 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 920 Thanks
    Blacklist
    Originally posted by locarr
    Some don't have any spare cash.
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 7th Jan 18, 2:33 PM
    • 27,318 Posts
    • 378,641 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    On Arg0s it says PAYG phones have to be bought with a top up card, but there doesnt seem to be anything forcing you to when you order for fast track collection?

Has anyone bought from there without a top up?

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    None of the iPhones I bought I have got top up cards but then they were not locked to any particular network. Is that the same? All reserved for collection in store not fast track so didn't pay until there.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • underperky
    • By underperky 7th Jan 18, 2:37 PM
    • 4,965 Posts
    • 63,463 Thanks
    underperky
    Good afternoon Elite

Originally posted by altojack
    Plenty of rest young lady .....we will never learn not to over do it ...
    I am guilty of the same crime ....and sad to say a repeat offender
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Jan 18, 2:37 PM
    • 3,287 Posts
    • 33,500 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Some don't have any spare cash.
    Originally posted by Blacklist
    But most have, you have confirmed my suspicions of who you really are
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 7th Jan 18, 2:39 PM
    • 27,318 Posts
    • 378,641 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    TM and AJ hope you both feel better soon xx

Di sorry to hear your op had been cancelled, I hope it's rearranged ok x
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Jan 18, 2:41 PM
    • 3,287 Posts
    • 33,500 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    TM and AJ hope you both feel better soon xx

Di sorry to hear your op had been cancelled, I hope it's rearranged ok x
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    No new date yet TS I would imagine it will take a while for the nhs to get over the latest crisis. the nearer the summer the better for me
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,856Posts Today

8,746Users online

Martin's Twitter