Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,703Posts
    • 36,143Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 707
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Jan 18, 9:44 AM
    • 4,360 Posts
    • 88,268 Thanks
    izzeyb
    UNTESTED v Waitrose

3 for 2 Simple Kind to Skin Moisturising Facial Wash

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Facial_Care/Simple_Kind_to_Skin_Moisturising_Facial_Wash_150ml .html?TrackingCode=AQYGAAE.P3gw5TV11k-8b4Ojd8isIw

Simple eye make-up remover

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/asda-compare-prices/Make_Up/Simple_Conditioning_Eye_Make_Up_Remover_125ml.html ?TrackingCode=AQYAAAE.V8IHDph-rUCPupL5XHq85A

Both 2 Asda v 1.56 in Waitrose. Should work out at 74p each

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/browse/groceries/half_price/toiletries_and_beauty/skincare

The OGX range of hair stuff is in 3 for 2, 6.99 in Asda and 5.00 in Morries.
    Would work out at 2.17 each which is a good price if it is something you use.

John Frieda on 3 for 2, Asda 6 should compare to sainsbobs 4.00 each. Would work out 1.60 but everyone probably stocked up when 1.00. On offer in Sainsbobs until 16th January.

Also some compare to Morries, as confirmed on a womble.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?query=john+frieda&store=ASDA

Will try and get some better pics to look at the Aussie hair stuff tomorrow - offers in Morries and Tesco 3 for 10 and Waitrose 2 for 6.00.

Will also look if any wipes showing the offer.

Last edited by izzeyb; 07-01-2018 at 8:08 PM.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Jan 18, 9:45 AM
    • 4,360 Posts
    • 88,268 Thanks
    izzeyb
    30p apg on the top one. How does that work out so cheaply. I’m still in bed waking up so may have missed something
    Don’t want any as I found a load while sorting my shed out. Tia
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    lol thanks, I knew I was tired, that is a typo

should be 2 in Asda, off to edit post. thanks zippy

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 9:49 AM
    • 32,705 Posts
    • 464,041 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning paw sniffers

Ive been out of action with flu I think

I felt a bit odd on Thursday evening and took a lemsip. But Friday morning I felt fine apart from a tickly throat, so Fred and I toddled off to the Salad Mountains. As the day progressed I got worse, not helped by a very late finish - I managed to get locked into a Job Centre after closing time but thats another story

I spent yesterday in bed with Oz who has never left my side. If Mr TM ever decides to do away with me, itll be no good him burying me in the garden, as Oz will dig me up

Today I feel a bit better but Im taking it easy.

Just had a quick skim...Di your Mantra that everything happens for a reason is perfect for your current situation ....at least you can now enjoy your birthday.....and being so positively minded will get you through

Hampy....loving the deals you posted last night....I can tell you are in baby mode

And our Lou.....hope you are making some progress with your refund and feeling a bit better about things
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Jan 18, 9:59 AM
    • 18,560 Posts
    • 201,805 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, I am going to have to get out of this habit of lay-ins, half the day has gone already
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 10:01 AM
    • 32,705 Posts
    • 464,041 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Yogurts will keep, best off staying warm.

Unusually Asda put a start and end date on the Muller offer, ends 25th January, so plenty of time

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Oooh....I was just going to ask this
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 10:04 AM
    • 32,705 Posts
    • 464,041 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    UNTESTED

Alberto Balsam Blends on 3 for 2.

Damage Repair Shampoo 300 ml and Damage Repair Conditioner 300 ml.

Smooth & Sleek Shampoo 300 ml amd Smooth & Sleek Conditioner 300 ml.

Each 2.00 in Asda v 1.00 each in Morries. Should work out at 23.3p each.

Stunning Shine Shampoo 300 ml Stunning Shine Conditioner 300 ml.

Asda 2 v Tesco 1.50. Should work out at 68p each.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=alberta%20balsam%20blends

Apologies now if sums are wrong, they were done during the insomniac hours.
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    You are an absolute star izzeyb

I know we have a few new posters who may not yet have built up a shampoo stash....so this is perfect
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 7th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 10,779 Thanks
    N6CNH
    Morning paw sniffers

Ive been out of action with flu I think

I felt a bit odd on Thursday evening and took a lemsip. But Friday morning I felt fine apart from a tickly throat, so Fred and I toddled off to the Salad Mountains. As the day progressed I got worse, not helped by a very late finish - I managed to get locked into a Job Centre after closing time but thats another story

I spent yesterday in bed with Oz who has never left my side. If Mr TM ever decides to do away with me, itll be no good him burying me in the garden, as Oz will dig me up

Today I feel a bit better but Im taking it easy.

Just had a quick skim...Di your Mantra that everything happens for a reason is perfect for your current situation ....at least you can now enjoy your birthday.....and being so positively minded will get you through

Hampy....loving the deals you posted last night....I can tell you are in baby mode

And our Lou.....hope you are making some progress with your refund and feeling a bit better about things
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly

Aussie flu making the rounds TM. Both my parents are down and out with it

Glad to hear you're a little better
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 10:10 AM
    • 32,705 Posts
    • 464,041 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    5 off a 30 spend at B&Q when you join the club

http://www.diy.com/bandqclub
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • ilovetoshop
    • By ilovetoshop 7th Jan 18, 10:12 AM
    • 3,029 Posts
    • 43,958 Thanks
    ilovetoshop
    Drumstick squashies 50p online at Morrison’s

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/swizzels-drumstick-squashies-50p-online-instore-at-morrisons-2872589

Also matchmakers mint are 50p online at Morrison’s
    One cannot change the past, but one can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 7th Jan 18, 10:12 AM
    • 2,246 Posts
    • 26,840 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Good morning all, I am going to have to get out of this habit of lay-ins, half the day has gone already
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Morning all- bright and sunny here
    yes i know the feeling, ive been doing the same
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 10:15 AM
    • 32,705 Posts
    • 464,041 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Aussie flu making the rounds TM. Both my parents are down and out with it

Glad to hear you're a little better
    Originally posted by N6CNH
    Thank you

Its no wonder really.....everyone hot desks at our place ....I swear Im taking in a spray tomorrow to clean my keyboard......then theres the folk coughing and spluttering all over the place. They cough into their hand then open the door to go out and its all over the
    handle ready for the next person to come along

I read the other day that the best prevention for spreading flu is keep washing your hands
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 7th Jan 18, 10:17 AM
    • 5,361 Posts
    • 70,760 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 7th Jan 18, 10:20 AM
    • 2,246 Posts
    • 26,840 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    driving off to london later so hoping it keeps dry...
    instead of babysitting the boys in london, i am bringing them back with me for a couple of days tomorrow
    ..but today DH( although at the moment i could quite easily leave him at home - due to his now obsession with ap and the agro it has caused as he cant get it to work again), and DD and horrible teenage GS coming with me staying in a t.lodge after going to The Royal Albert Hall to see cirque de soleil this evening
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 7th Jan 18, 10:20 AM
    • 2,183 Posts
    • 12,932 Thanks
    thepearce
    Visa cards only I'm afraid.

My Costas that expired 2nd Jan are showing as expired in the app even though I bought the 45p lindors which gave receipts showing they had another year of validity. I wonder if they are actually expired? Will be annoyed if they are as these were the 10 ones
    Originally posted by michaels
    As with all the others I took screen grabs of the costa vouchers. When I saw they 10 I even paint shopped the 3 out just in case of any comments.

I successfully used one (I'd extended via Lindt) on 3rd Jan and later. So now it's the 3 ones I need to spend....unless they can all get put into one.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Jan 18, 10:21 AM
    • 18,560 Posts
    • 201,805 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    driving off to london later so hoping it keeps dry...
    instead of babysitting the boys in london, i am bringing them back with me for a couple of days tomorrow
    ..but today DH( although at the moment i could quite easily leave him at home - due to his now obsession with ap and the agro it has caused as he cant get it to work again), and DD and horrible teenage GS coming with me staying in a t.lodge after going to The Royal Albert Hall to see cirque de soleil this evening
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    We adore Cirque, we are going to see Ovo on 23rd, looks fantastic
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 7th Jan 18, 10:23 AM
    • 2,246 Posts
    • 26,840 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Thank you

Its no wonder really.....everyone hot desks at our place ....I swear Im taking in a spray tomorrow to clean my keyboard......then theres the folk coughing and spluttering all over the place. They cough into their hand then open the door to go out and its all over the
    handle ready for the next person to come along

I read the other day that the best prevention for spreading flu is keep washing your hands
    poor you - glad you're now in the land of the living....just !!!

my DIL always has those little alcohol gel bottles with her..always using when out and especially when using public transport
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 10:24 AM
    • 32,705 Posts
    • 464,041 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Free black opium sample

http://blackopium.yslbeauty.co.uk/yvessaintlaurentuk/fr/m/blackopium/22122017/
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 7th Jan 18, 10:27 AM
    • 2,246 Posts
    • 26,840 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    We adore Cirque, we are going to see Ovo on 23rd, looks fantastic
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    This is now the 4th time of seeing their performances the 1st was in 2008 when we saw Varekai
    It wasnt that popular then and we had upgraded seats right near the stage ...which was wonderful
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Jan 18, 10:38 AM
    • 18,560 Posts
    • 201,805 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    This is now the 4th time of seeing their performances the 1st was in 2008 when we saw Varekai
    It wasnt that popular then and we had upgraded seats right near the stage ...which was wonderful
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    We must have seen quite a few. Have to admit we avoid the seats near the stage having seen what the "clowns" get up to

Trying to guess how long we have been going, the first time we saw them was Allegra when they were in Battersea power station, like you long before they were popular. The only problem I have is trying to figure out what to watch with so much going on in the background too Really looking forward to Ovo
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Jan 18, 10:39 AM
    • 32,705 Posts
    • 464,041 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I have set up a Just Giving page in memory of our lovely sal and donations are to be made to Martlets Hospice where she spent her final days

She wasnt a lady for fuss but Im sure she would have forgiven us for wanting to honour her memory in this way.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5766303

Her funeral will take place on the 9th January and it will be private. Her family have suggested that we could perhaps remember her in our own way by raising a toast that evening to an incredible lady who will be missed so much
    Just bumping for our lovely sal
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

980Posts Today

7,797Users online

Martin's Twitter