Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,695Posts
    • 36,118Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 703
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Jan 18, 4:25 PM
    • 4,845 Posts
    • 59,135 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    It's noticeably lighter this evening.

Nearly 4.30 and still daylight.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Jan 18, 4:30 PM
    • 16,283 Posts
    • 202,110 Thanks
    mhoc
    Thanks

55p of yesterday's spend was on rtc parsnips and carrots at a Co op (it's next door to a charity shop where I'd just donated a load, one of the few locally with parking outside.)

For the day-to-day, I quite like Co op. In yesterday's store, they actively promote their rtcs, pricing them low from early on, and the till ladies will ask you if you've seen the 10p tomatoes etc.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    I really like using our Co-ops but they don't make it easy.
    The new one, only open a few months has a tiny car park but now a gym has opened next door so getting on and off is going to be much worse especially as the exit is onto a main road and directly opposite another road off a big estate.
    The other one in the village we went to before Christmas. It has no car park as such but what is has is for industrial bins, staff cars and the huge articulated lorry that delivers to it. The alternative is to park on the official car park at the other end of the village or to park on a side road.
    But at 9 in the morning a car park warden was walking around inspecting vehicles

And the RTC offers are hopeless
    Both are just about within walking distance if and when the weather gets better but that restricts what you can get to what could be carried in the rucksac.

I feel though it must be time for me to be able to get another till spit money off voucher if I could think of something we actually need.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 6th Jan 18, 4:32 PM
    • 7,830 Posts
    • 139,665 Thanks
    locarr
    Shame, had I known I would have shared the love when I applied for this. Does the card come automatically or does one need to claim it? Does one cancel the policy once they have the card or just the DD?
    Originally posted by michaels

The card come automatically 2-3 weeks after 1st payment and not after 4th payment (I think) as T&C's state, Ive just canceled the DD after I received the card...

Mrs received her card today, 75 now for referalls.

Strange 🤔

I've recently used One4all cards as part payment in Argos.

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    I used 4 x One4all cards totalling 31 in halfords in part payment for a bike b4 Xmas, real faff tbh, the SA has to enter the amount left on the card for it to go thru...it does work, just need an SA that knows what they are doing....
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 6th Jan 18, 4:35 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 6,645 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    You can use them in Argos yes. As long as you know how much is on them . Usually 10 . Or if you have used it tell them the exact amount and it will work .
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Yes, my point was that I didn't understand why gocat had problems when trying to use them as part payment.

SnS
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Jan 18, 4:39 PM
    • 16,283 Posts
    • 202,110 Thanks
    mhoc
    Good morning.
    Hampy congratulations.
    They cancelled my op yesterday I'm not surprised really as its been all over the news how many they have had to cancel.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I suppose it was inevitable, the cancellation but you have been preparing yourself mentally for it for months so it puts you back to square one now, leaves you in limbo.
    Possibly now you will be given something last minute if a person cancels and then it will all happen in a rush.
    But hospitals seem to be full of the WVB so not an ideal time to have to go in anyway.

What was happening with work - were you having to take unpaid leave for the surgery and recovery time?

If so at least it will give you a few more weeks to build up the food stockpiles and it will take you closer towards another payday.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • Clipstrip Bargains
    • By Clipstrip Bargains 6th Jan 18, 4:42 PM
    • 1,383 Posts
    • 30,421 Thanks
    Clipstrip Bargains
    I used 4 x One4all cards totalling 31 in halfords in part payment for a bike b4 Xmas, real faff tbh, the SA has to enter the amount left on the card for it to go thru...it does work, just need an SA that knows what they are doing....
    Originally posted by locarr
    This is why I have not ordered these again - you either have to use the whole amount in one go or remember how much is left - why I can't fathom.
    Too much faff for my liking
    I say "THANKS" to posts that make me smile - oh and really good glitches.
    Good things come to those who wait
    Bad things come on express deliver
    y
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jan 18, 4:43 PM
    • 12,166 Posts
    • 139,204 Thanks
    Anon
    Arg0s online system only allows three cards max when you order.

Instore you can use any amount (I assume).

You can only use one One4all on Arg0s website and no other payment method (as indicated on the One4a website Argos section).

HTH

Anon
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Jan 18, 4:44 PM
    • 9,832 Posts
    • 113,912 Thanks
    emerald21
    AP again... Has anyone had problems even adding a card to the wallet?

Tried 2 different Nationwide cards and a Halifax card, all get to 'Your bank is verifying' stage then stuck on that for about 30secs, then get either "there was a problem, please go back and check your details" or "couldn't verify, please try later".

Never had this with any of the other times I've tried.
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    No Ive never had that both have been pretty instant.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    • 16,283 Posts
    • 202,110 Thanks
    mhoc
    I've done a muller shop, I quite like them but the cartons are quite deep, my tongue only just reaches the bottom.
    Originally posted by pepper77
    This tickled me

The answer to the Muller conundrum is to cut the plastic in half - we have to do this for Sophie cat who loves cleaning out yogurt pots. Sophie cat adores human breakfast food - with a cereal bowl or a yog pot on the table or on the breakfast tray she sits and drools, coverting every mouthful - the last bit of milk does into her dish and the empty yog pot has t be cut in half for her

Mullers I don't mind, its the fruit corners I hate, far too fiddly.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Jan 18, 4:46 PM
    • 9,832 Posts
    • 113,912 Thanks
    emerald21
    Yes, my point was that I didn't understand why gocat had problems when trying to use them as part payment.

SnS
    Originally posted by SweetnSavvy
    Yes I know that. Thought gocat would read it .
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 6th Jan 18, 4:48 PM
    • 14,157 Posts
    • 230,356 Thanks
    zippydooda
    How do you do this please?
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    a lot easier if you have one with a bar code
    i do it this way to make sure money has gone on before i scan goods.

i scan the key fob card (christmas saver) in shopping mode. i add the amount i want. it then says (as expected) something like "this card is already in use" do you want to top it up. then i add money amount. this avoids doing it at the end, in case sa's start hovering when im using the touch screen like a typewriter lol
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 6th Jan 18, 5:09 PM
    • 14,157 Posts
    • 230,356 Thanks
    zippydooda
    this is the sort of offer that may glitch, only i dont know what a blender is

Products included in this offer
    Mix and match - LOREAL FREE BLENDER
    Showing 1 - 60 of 215 items

edit i cant see them signed in anyway

really strange, i cant get the offer back at all now
    Last edited by zippydooda; 06-01-2018 at 5:23 PM.
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 6th Jan 18, 5:12 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 6,645 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Yes I know that. Thought gocat would read it .
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Ohh, I see. I thought there was some confusion............ well there was, but it was on my part

SnS
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 6th Jan 18, 5:14 PM
    • 1,807 Posts
    • 23,648 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    this is the sort of offer that may glitch, only i dont know what a blender is

Products included in this offer
    Mix and match - LOREAL FREE BLENDER
    Showing 1 - 60 of 215 items

edit i cant see them signed in anyway
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Blender, see
    http://joecartoon.com/watch/k1bbbc/Frog_in_a_Blender?list=dynamic&category_id=0&synd_ channel_id=0&time=last_7_days
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    • 16,283 Posts
    • 202,110 Thanks
    mhoc
    My 2 best shops today from Waitrose - OH has his own card as well so I split the shopping into 2

3 crafted by crackers juice juice at 1.35 each
    pizza express passatta 1.05
    magazine
    latte
    Saturday telegraph

When we had a Pizza Express meal at the end of last year after we paid the bill the girl gave us a couple of 50p MOCs off any pizza express items so I've been waiting for it to go onto the My Picks list again.
    The juice is on Shopimum - 60% off for 3 cartons so 2.43 to come back. Its also on GJ for 40p cashback - so after both lots these work out at about 41p each
    (sadly I remember when basic fruit juice was 33p a carton, how sad is that )

so
    minus 21p for PYO for the passatta
    minus 2.35 for the latte (its gone up in price)
    minus free magazine 2.00
    minus free newspaper 2.20
    minus 2.86 in cashback to come
    real final total 1.53

The 2nd shop was even better

pizza express passatta 1.05
    2 princes peach slices 1 each
    2 x bodyform wings long 1.43
    magazine
    Saturday Times
    latte

I had 2 of the free princes canned fruit print off MOCs.
    Also I sent for the free Bodyform samples that were on Freebies threads a while back and these came with 50p MOCs. I wanted to get another type of liner but our store does not stock them. Instead I found 2 with free little square tins attached to them, very nice designs - these are perfect for the Christmas shoe boxes - I collect odds and ends for them all year round.

minus 21p for the passatta PYO
    minus 25p for the Princes fruit multibuy
    minus 86p for the Bodyform multibuy
    minus free lattee 2.35
    minus free magazine 2
    minus free newspaper 1.70
    minus 50p MOC for passatta
    minus 50p x 2 for bodyform
    minus 1 x 2 for Princes fruit

final real total 1.09

And then the till spit machine gave me a voucher for a free fage total greek yog Till chap said to be careful to get the correct size and type and then to come back to him so I did and so I had a free 1.10 yogurt to go with the peach slices
    Then I realised it was on the COS list and uploaded the receipt which was accepted - 1 cashback (oh dear in the excitement I didn't realise they came in different sizes)
    So that 2nd shop cost in real money 9p

In our little Waitroses we have an older gentlemen on the basket tills and he is fabulous, very encouraging with the coupons and offers and loves it when you get your totals down to just a few pounds - when we go to waitrose we first look to see if the coffee machine is working and then see if the chap is on the tills
    Today I was so determined to have my shops scanned by him I let three people go in front of me, my random good deed for the day
    • michaels
    • By michaels 6th Jan 18, 5:15 PM
    • 20,140 Posts
    • 92,815 Thanks
    michaels
    So I have added another car don my non NFC phone and it mentions the envelopes so all good but then on my other phone I can't get ti to switch to that account - the account is on the phone, I can see it in the drop down top left of the AP app but I can not select it?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Jan 18, 5:22 PM
    • 9,832 Posts
    • 113,912 Thanks
    emerald21
    19.99 from o2 direct, no top up required on order, arrives Monday .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Has this got nfc though pls
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 6th Jan 18, 5:27 PM
    • 3,628 Posts
    • 51,167 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    19.99 from o2 direct, no top up required on order, arrives Monday .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Will try O2 again could not find it last time
    Retiree in training
    • finlay
    • By finlay 6th Jan 18, 5:30 PM
    • 344 Posts
    • 1,239 Thanks
    finlay
    Got to Sada today just as they were putting out reduced Xmas stuff. Got gift bags 10p, cards 20p,projection lights 1.5 and luxury crackers 50p. Some decks at 10p. Very happy. Hubby not so chuffed he just put the Xmas stuff in the loft this morn!
    Snootchie Bootchies!
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 6th Jan 18, 5:36 PM
    • 14,157 Posts
    • 230,356 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Got to Sada today just as they were putting out reduced Xmas stuff. Got gift bags 10p, cards 20p,projection lights 1.5 and luxury crackers 50p. Some decks at 10p. Very happy. Hubby not so chuffed he just put the Xmas stuff in the loft this morn!
    Originally posted by finlay
    any chance of a link or photo of the projection lights please, and or the original price
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,928Posts Today

8,676Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @RobiMous2: Yesterday I saved myself £30 a month by switching utilities and cancelling a sim no one in the family used anymore. Inspired?

• RT @elainelawro: @MartinSLewis When I lost my mum suddenly from a burst aneurysm on the brain I was unaware that my mum had signed up to do?

• RT @AlisonKinder: @MartinSLewis I?m on my second kidney transplant in Thirty years. My life has been changed beyond recognition twice by th?

• Follow Martin