Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,698Posts
    • 36,127Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 701
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Jan 18, 2:48 PM
    • 16,283 Posts
    • 202,124 Thanks
    mhoc
    What does it say on the voucher/giftcard ...? I will go and check

PEx - e-gift tandcs say if only part of a card is used, a new one should be issued to the value of the balance (https://www.pizzaexpress.com/Terms-and-Conditions-Pages/eGift).

Mands - use only once, transaction must be equal to or greater than giftcard value

C0sta - normal e-gift, balance remains on card

Gweggs - use only once, balance lost if not spent in one transaction

20 meal - use only once, must be equal to or greater than voucher value

10 dining out - no change, balance stays on card for next time

HouseofF - no change, balance stays on card for 24 months after last use

PCW/Curry - assume same as HouseofF as I dont have one to check

I think that covers them all. Please let me know if any errors.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Please can I ask did you have a screen shot of the rules and regs regarding the usage of the mands 5 and 3 android pay cards? Mine are from the end of November, the original batch.

The store I was in today had 3 assistants and a manager trying to process ours and between them they devised a work around. I was doing 3 seperate shops. Then a minite later the supervisor came back and said although they accepted them on this occassion then they were only for use in motorway service station marks or possibly simply foods.
    (in other words dont use them in this marks again)
    Needless to say I have used them fairly good to easily in 2 other marks - one a main store and one a simply foods.
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 6th Jan 18, 2:53 PM
    • 2,243 Posts
    • 26,813 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    [QUOTE=michaels;73672257]Shame, had I known I would have shared the love when I applied for this. Does the card come automatically or does one need to claim it? Does one cancel the policy once they have the card or just the DD?

according to t+c. - The Referral Gift will only be dispatched to the Referrer after the Friend has paid 3 policy premium payments to sunlife..

according to the letter 'the friend' has to phone sunlife quoting a reference number to qualify for the gift card.
    But t+c also quotes the friend must not hold or have held a policy policy

I applied as several of us here did.paying the minimum of 4 a month to receive 100 m+s card...ive had one phone call from them and the card has come thru automatically- and yes I assume I cancel policy as well as dd
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Jan 18, 2:54 PM
    • 4,847 Posts
    • 59,159 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    SD

1. The Promotion will begin on 3rd January 2018 and close on 30th January 2018 (the Promotion Period). Health & Beautycard holders can discover whether they have won any points prizes during normal opening hours of Superdrug stores, in Great Britain, during the Promotion Period.

2. The Promotion is open to residents of Great Britain aged 16 or over, who are current holders of a Health & Beautycard at 11.59pm on 31st December 2017. Due to different laws in place in Northern Ireland, the Promotion is unfortunately not open to residents of Northern Ireland.

3. At least 1,275,000 eligible Health & Beautycards will be loaded with prizes prior to opening of the Promotion Period. The prizes will be allocated among a random selection of all eligible Health & Beautycards, excluding Health & Beautycards registered by users who gave their age as 12-15.

4. Anyone who obtains their Health & Beautycard on or after 31st December 2017 will be added in to the competition for the following day. The last day to register your card for the competition will be 28th January 2018.

5. The following points prizes are available to be won:
    1. A minimum of 63,000 winners will receive the goods in their shopping basket at the time immediately prior to the moment they discover they have won the prize (excluding any excluded products - see section 9 below) free of charge (Basket of Goods Prizes);
    2. A minimum of 127,000 winners will receive 500 points (5) loaded onto their Health & Beautycard;
    3. A minimum of 127,000 winners will receive 200 points (2) loaded onto their Health & Beautycard;
    4. A minimum of 958,000 winners will receive 100 points (1) loaded onto their Health & Beautycard.

Ts & Cs too long to list on here, see emails.
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 06-01-2018 at 2:57 PM.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 6th Jan 18, 2:56 PM
    • 505 Posts
    • 6,645 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    These one4all cards are getting on my nerves. Thought I would have a go at purchasing the above mentioned phone from Argos with them. I have 3 cards with 10 on them, plus an argos 7 voucher so would have to use other means to pay the rest. Unfortunately you cant do that with one4all cards.
    Originally posted by gocat

Strange 🤔

I've recently used One4all cards as part payment in Argos.

SnS
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jan 18, 3:03 PM
    • 12,169 Posts
    • 139,226 Thanks
    Anon
    Please can I ask did you have a screen shot of the rules and regs regarding the usage of the mands 5 and 3 android pay cards? Mine are from the end of November, the original batch.

The store I was in today had 3 assistants and a manager trying to process ours and between them they devised a work around. I was doing 3 seperate shops. Then a minite later the supervisor came back and said although they accepted them on this occassion then they were only for use in motorway service station marks or possibly simply foods.
    (in other words dont use them in this marks again)
    Needless to say I have used them fairly good to easily in 2 other marks - one a main store and one a simply foods.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    Following the link from the voucher in the app:
    5 off food, clothing and homeware
    Valid until 30 April 2018
    Redeem in store
    Single use only
    INCLUDES: Clothing, footwear, lingerie, beauty, homeware, accessories, food and flowers.
    EXCLUDES: Furniture, Stationery, Cards & Gift Wrap, Beers, Wines & Spirits, schoolwear, 30% and higher % off offers, furniture disposal service, Made to Order Curtains, Made to Measure Shirts, Made to Order suits, tailoring alterations, your school uniform service, repairs services, name tapes, branded baby products, Fitbit, BB-8 Sphero , charity items, Food to Order, lunch to you, Flowers and Plants delivered, M&S Restaurants, Caf!s, Deli Bars, M&S Bank products or services, delivery charges, charity, sale and clearance items.
    Valid in selected UK stores on presentation of the code at the till (excluding Channel Islands and M&S stores located in airports, railway stations, motorway services, hospitals and at BP Connect as well as M&S Caf!, M&S Food to Go takeaway counters, Delis, Kitchens, Restaurants and M&S Outlet).
    To redeem, present your code to a member of staff or use the mobile code button to input your code at the self-service checkout before the pay/finish & pay button has been pressed.
    Minimum spend of 5 after all other qualifying discounts applied.
    Offer can be used once in store. If the item(s) is subsequently returned, you will not be able to reuse this offer.
    Subject to availability. Any refunds will take the discount into account.
    Offer strictly non-transferable and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash.
    Products containing alcohol can only be sold to those aged 18 or over.
    Marks & Spencer reserves the right to reject use of this offer with reasonable cause. Marks and Spencer plc: Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW

HTH

Anon
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Jan 18, 3:07 PM
    • 14,340 Posts
    • 249,878 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    SD

1. The Promotion will begin on 3rd January 2018 and close on 30th January 2018 (the Promotion Period). Health & Beautycard holders can discover whether they have won any points prizes during normal opening hours of Superdrug stores, in Great Britain, during the Promotion Period.

2. The Promotion is open to residents of Great Britain aged 16 or over, who are current holders of a Health & Beautycard at 11.59pm on 31st December 2017. Due to different laws in place in Northern Ireland, the Promotion is unfortunately not open to residents of Northern Ireland.

3. At least 1,275,000 eligible Health & Beautycards will be loaded with prizes prior to opening of the Promotion Period. The prizes will be allocated among a random selection of all eligible Health & Beautycards, excluding Health & Beautycards registered by users who gave their age as 12-15.

4. Anyone who obtains their Health & Beautycard on or after 31st December 2017 will be added in to the competition for the following day. The last day to register your card for the competition will be 28th January 2018.

1. A minimum of 63,000 winners will receive the goods in their shopping basket at the time immediately prior to the moment they discover they have won the prize (excluding any excluded products - see section 9 below) free of charge (Basket of Goods Prizes);
    2. A minimum of 127,000 winners will receive 500 points (5) loaded onto their Health & Beautycard;
    3. A minimum of 127,000 winners will receive 200 points (2) loaded onto their Health & Beautycard;
    4. A minimum of 958,000 winners will receive 100 points (1) loaded onto their Health & Beautycard.

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    need to get receipt out of recycling....
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Jan 18, 3:12 PM
    • 14,340 Posts
    • 249,878 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Double points on next shop...
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Jan 18, 3:12 PM
    • 14,340 Posts
    • 249,878 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    • 14,340 Posts
    • 249,878 Thanks
    Snap-ant

I do like Tommy Girl EDT

Today I sprayed Tommy My Girl EDT on my wrist in SD as on offer...

I hate it & I can't shift the smell
    Our Family Motto ~

• izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 6th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 88,249 Thanks
    izzeyb
    If anyone is buying 11+1 mullers and looking for fillers v Sains, it's not easy! However, I found that Nakd bars in 3 flavours: - lemon drizzle, peanut delight and cocoa coconut work out free after APG if you buy all 3 and claim 60% back on on shopmium. If you're not already using the shopmium app you would get something else free as well if you join via a referral link. If you can be bothered searching mine is on the referrers board - Link - but you will likely find other familiar names on there as well. I joined 22-4-16 and I have had loads of free stuff, I really can recommend it.
    Originally posted by shirley999

Anyone doing one against Waities, worth checking out their half price offers as some good comparisons

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/Browse/Groceries/half_price

Last edited by izzeyb; 06-01-2018 at 5:37 PM.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Jan 18, 3:15 PM
    • 16,283 Posts
    • 202,124 Thanks
    mhoc
    thanks Anon for the screen shot - I've screen shot the screen shot - so what the supervisor told me was not correct - motorway services and small railway station marks are not included.

But it has the dreaded sentence
    "Valid in selected UK stores"
    who is to know what these stores are and where?

Also not more than 30% off - that's not an easy one for anyone to work out - even on meal deals it depends on what you actually buy.

It also says no wine but I bought a 10 meal deal before Christmas with AP 5 and it seemed to go through easily.

And no sale or clearance items
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 6th Jan 18, 3:17 PM
    • 20,141 Posts
    • 92,817 Thanks
    michaels

Offer can be used once in store. If the item(s) is subsequently returned, you will not be able to reuse this offer.

HTH

Anon
    This makes it sound like if you buy then return you will not get anything back for the droid gift card expenditure so no way to combine multiple cards towards a single purchase (beyond 3 and 5 working together as we have already discovered).

Has anyone else had the CS try but fail to get an M&S code to work but later found that that code still now shows up as used?
    Cool heads and compromise
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Jan 18, 3:17 PM
    • 16,283 Posts
    • 202,124 Thanks
    mhoc
    SD

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Whenever they have run this promotion before I have only ever won double points vouchers
    If ever I did win the "value of the basket" prize it would be when I was spending 1
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 6th Jan 18, 3:19 PM
    • 4,218 Posts
    • 92,322 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Mother did that when we sold our house in Scotland. 4 bedrooms without beds, so she used packed boxes to make a convincing bed
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 6th Jan 18, 3:21 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 88,249 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Good morning guys, 're the mullers, can I ask if there is another 'trigger' besides the Xmas one please, planning a shop v Sainbugs but need a second plan if they might not have the Xmas one no more. Tia
    Originally posted by Classy_Chick06

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73647724&postcount=13031
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 6th Jan 18, 3:22 PM
    • 16,283 Posts
    • 202,124 Thanks
    mhoc
    SD - Thank you for tights OP

99p Ginger bread men bath fizzers
    20p tights
    49p hats
    50p Aussie

My SD had 3 basket loads in the window of 49p items - there were a few eyebrow combs/shadow applicators sets - very useful if anyone does teenage stockings, pamper packs or home made personalised stockings.
    Other than that it was the usual non event in my store - they have special SEL clearance hangers in mine - one RTC was still most of 5
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 6th Jan 18, 3:22 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 88,249 Thanks
    izzeyb
    I'd be glad of advice too please. I thought we didn't need a trigger as long as we got 11 of one sort and 1 of another? And is this v S please?

thank you.
    Originally posted by Picasso7

You dont need trigger yogurt for 11 + 1, only for mixture.

But you can buy one if you like it. Just don't buy 11

Sure I saw a post the other day of 11 + 1 comparison against Waities, Claire1972 put a yogurt shop with her biscuits against Waities

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73659699&postcount=13541

• mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 6th Jan 18, 3:29 PM
    • 3,628 Posts
    • 51,168 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Mother did that when we sold our house in Scotland. 4 bedrooms without beds, so she used packed boxes to make a convincing bed
    Originally posted by Westvleteren
    Retiree in training
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 6th Jan 18, 3:31 PM
    • 2,729 Posts
    • 36,822 Thanks
    pacifica9

HTH

Anon
    Thanks. Now I'm even more confused as to the expiry date. I guess back to 30/4 rather than 31/7 shown under 'how to reedem'. Heads up BH!!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Jan 18, 3:33 PM
    • 4,847 Posts
    • 59,159 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Double points on next shop...
    Maybe a friend would like one, see point 4.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,148Posts Today

9,639Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• RT @richlaing: @MartinSLewis Obviously spot poll but interested in the fact that 9% would opt out of donation. Interested to hear reasons w?

• Follow Martin