Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,710Posts
    • 36,156Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 700
    • Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 6th Jan 18, 11:49 AM
    • 4,134 Posts
    • 63,261 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    Yog shop from today

11 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Muller Corner Banana Yogurt with Chocolate Flakes (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Toffee Yogurt with Chocolate Hoops (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt with White Chocolate Shortcake Balls (135g) 0.68 0.50
    3x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 2.04 1.50
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Balls (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt (150g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.50
    Comparison total (compared products only) 7.48 5.50
    Originally posted by LANGO1966
    was this the xmas trigger used or the banana n eggs one? just wondering if the xmas one is still available in stores.
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 6th Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    • 4,134 Posts
    • 63,261 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    I'd be glad of advice too please. I thought we didn't need a trigger as long as we got 11 of one sort and 1 of another? And is this v S please?

thank you.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    yes, as far as i know, we can get 11 mixed and the xmas trigger or 11 of 1 and 1 of another, .... i am planning a muggle shop today but was hoping to buy mullers seperate v Sainbugs so was hoping to buy a mixture with less fillers but wanted to know if there is an alternative trigger in case the xmas one is unavailable.
    Originally posted by Classy_Chick06
    just to edit.... a quick search shows that this one is the same barcode as the xmas one so could also be used as an invisible trigger.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/corners/muller-corner-banana-yogurt-with-milk-chocolate-white-chocolate-coated-cereal-eggs/910000562188
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 6th Jan 18, 11:51 AM
    • 2,733 Posts
    • 36,875 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Doesnt the AP thing finish end of this month, or have I got that wrong?
    tia
    Originally posted by gocat
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 6th Jan 18, 11:53 AM
    • 2,733 Posts
    • 36,875 Thanks
    pacifica9
    For those looking for a new Droid phone, this may be the best deal at the moment (please post if a better deal found):

Sim Free Alcatel U5 4G Mobile Phone - Black / Grey
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105

Argos have this at 64.99 on offer. Note this specific U5 4g, the cheaper/other version does not have NFC, this one mentions it in the spec on Argos site.

If you go through VC today they are offering 10 Argos voucher back on a 50 spend. This makes it effectively 54.99.

Not as good as the A3 deal in November/December but I cannot see better at the moment?

Note this is not a recommendation, I have no knowledge of the phone I was just seeing what the cheapest nfc phone was I could find.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thanks Anon. Seen any good deals for non-NFC which would then allow new set up and transfer to current phone which already has NFC? Please and thanks.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 6th Jan 18, 12:03 PM
    • 1,537 Posts
    • 5,041 Thanks
    pepper77
    I've done a muller shop, I quite like them but the cartons are quite deep, my tongue only just reaches the bottom.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 6th Jan 18, 12:06 PM
    • 15,343 Posts
    • 188,764 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Wow thats great news.
    I know how you are feeling as my DSis has been trying for a baby for the last few years and unfortunately had 6 miscarriages. She had numerous tests and they couldnt find anything wrong. She is now 6 months pregnant and all going well so far. I have been passing on the baby bargains posted on here and the other sites. So exciting

Morning all
    That is lovely news x
    Aim 20 lbs loss by 21.3.18.
    10 weeks to go - 16.5 lbs to go.
    20,000 step a day challenge.
    Day 1 - 27,024 steps. Day 2 - 24,000 steps. Day 3 - 18,554 Day 4 -13,207 Day 5 - 14,218 Day 6 - 27,238 Day 7 - 13,000. Total 137,241
    Banked steps for lazy days 0....
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 6th Jan 18, 12:08 PM
    • 15,343 Posts
    • 188,764 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    I've done a muller shop, I quite like them but the cartons are quite deep, my tongue only just reaches the bottom.
    Originally posted by pepper77
    Just think how much exercise and how long you will manage to stretch your tongue!

For some strange reason I am only able to quote one comment at a time - nothing is getting pulled through

Aim 20 lbs loss by 21.3.18.
    10 weeks to go - 16.5 lbs to go.
    20,000 step a day challenge.
    Day 1 - 27,024 steps. Day 2 - 24,000 steps. Day 3 - 18,554 Day 4 -13,207 Day 5 - 14,218 Day 6 - 27,238 Day 7 - 13,000. Total 137,241
    Banked steps for lazy days 0....
    • shirley999
    • By shirley999 6th Jan 18, 12:28 PM
    • 1,784 Posts
    • 14,495 Thanks
    shirley999
    If anyone is buying 11+1 mullers and looking for fillers v Sains, it's not easy! However, I found that Nakd bars in 3 flavours: - lemon drizzle, peanut delight and cocoa coconut work out free after APG if you buy all 3 and claim 60% back on on shopmium. If you're not already using the shopmium app you would get something else free as well if you join via a referral link. If you can be bothered searching mine is on the referrers board - Link - but you will likely find other familiar names on there as well. I joined 22-4-16 and I have had loads of free stuff, I really can recommend it.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jan 18, 1:03 PM
    • 12,206 Posts
    • 139,601 Thanks
    Anon
    Thanks Anon. Seen any good deals for non-NFC which would then allow new set up and transfer to current phone which already has NFC? Please and thanks.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    I had a quick look at this - potentially Alcatel Pixi 4 direct from O2 website with Classic PAYG sim - 19.99, no top up required on the SIM at the buying stage, but you could do the Amazon 5/10 top up offer if the right SIM pack comes through with the phone. The phone is 19.99 but then trade in seems to be higher at CEX or eBay. Refurbished are 9.99 but out of stock .

2% Cashback on Q/TCB unless anyone can spot a better option?

S and others may have clearance phones too? The key is Android 4.4 Kitkat or higher operating system for Android Pay to work.

HTH

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jan 18, 1:15 PM
    • 12,206 Posts
    • 139,601 Thanks
    Anon
    If you are ordering the 02 free SIM remember to go through Q for 10 Cashback if you top up. You seem to have a 1 in 3 chance of getting either a 10 or 5 Am4zon gift card offer on the pack (with 10 top up) or free Doro Primo (with a 15 top up). You can only claim the offer on your specific pack (I tried claiming 10 Am4zon with 5 offer pack and no joy).

HTH

Anon
    • thry9698
    • By thry9698 6th Jan 18, 1:19 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 192 Thanks
    thry9698
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Sainsburys have the Alcatel Pixi4 for 25 and 18 back at Cex -it says with 10ee credit, Ive got the sim but dont think it has 10 on, maybe Ive misread it but still ok 7 and you get headphones with the phone.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jan 18, 1:22 PM
    • 12,206 Posts
    • 139,601 Thanks
    Anon
    Sainsburys have the Alcatel Pixi4 for 25 and 18 back at Cex -it says with 10ee credit, Ive got the sim but dont think it has 10 on, maybe Ive misread it but still ok 7 and you get headphones with the phone.
    Originally posted by thry9698
    Did they activate a pack on the SIM?

S have a few phones on clearance but so didnt notice the prices due to them not having NFC. With additional accounts it could be an opportunity .

Anon
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 6th Jan 18, 1:24 PM
    • 1,554 Posts
    • 26,699 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    was this the xmas trigger used or the banana n eggs one? just wondering if the xmas one is still available in stores.
    Originally posted by Classy_Chick06

Xmas trigger
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 6th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    • 14,179 Posts
    • 230,581 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Seasonal kitchen roll reduced in my waitrose 99p

Too dear for me as I emptied the shelf a few months ago when it went to 49p
    • thry9698
    • By thry9698 6th Jan 18, 1:28 PM
    • 126 Posts
    • 192 Thanks
    thry9698
    Did they activate a pack on the SIM?

S have a few phones on clearance but so didnt notice the prices due to them not having NFC. With additional accounts it could be an opportunity .

Anon
    The sim was sealed in the box. Ive just phoned Ee and it looks like it needs the 10 top up paying, bad wording on the box but I dont need the sim so will be happy once Ive got my cex money. Another month to play ap.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 6th Jan 18, 1:38 PM
    • 4,806 Posts
    • 57,053 Thanks
    gocat
    For those looking for a new Droid phone, this may be the best deal at the moment for a phone with NFC and minimum Android 4.4 Kitkat os (please post if a better deal found):

Sim Free Alcatel U5 4G Mobile Phone - Black / Grey
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105

Argos have this at 64.99 on offer. Note this specific U5 4g, the cheaper/other version does not have NFC, this one mentions it in the spec on Argos site.

If you go through VC today they are offering 10 Argos voucher back on a 50 spend. This makes it effectively 54.99.

Not as good as the A3 deal in November/December but I cannot see better at the moment?

Note this is not a recommendation, I have no knowledge of the phone I was just seeing what the cheapest nfc phone was I could find.

HTH

Anon
    Thanks have ordered and my 10 is already tracking in VC Will collect it tomorrow morning. Now to sort out what visa card to put on there lol . I got a 3 sim card so can join in the 1 2 too .
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    • 14,373 Posts
    • 250,240 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    SD - Thank you for tights OP

99p Ginger bread men bath fizzers
    20p tights
    49p hats
    50p Aussie

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• michaels
    • By michaels 6th Jan 18, 2:03 PM
    • 20,171 Posts
    • 92,981 Thanks
    michaels
    I received in the post this morning my 100 gift card for joining sunlife

if any friends of mine over 50 want to join they would as well as me receive a 100 gift card
    Originally posted by HILLBERN
    Shame, had I known I would have shared the love when I applied for this. Does the card come automatically or does one need to claim it? Does one cancel the policy once they have the card or just the DD?

Doesnt the AP thing finish end of this month, or have I got that wrong?
    tia
    I think sign up by end of Jan then 30 days after sign up.

Originally posted by pepper77
    'Sounds like a keeper' as my DW would say
    Cool heads and compromise
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 6th Jan 18, 2:09 PM
    • 14,179 Posts
    • 230,581 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Tesco finest prosecco cassis and glass gift set 7.99 instore

hukd

by the picture it looks a small bottle, but googling it, i think its a 75cl one
    • michaels
    • By michaels 6th Jan 18, 2:32 PM
    • 20,171 Posts
    • 92,981 Thanks
    michaels
    I want to use my droid HoF to buy a sweater. There is no store nearby so I would need to order. Ideally I would order 2 sweaters in different sizes and return the one that didn't fit. This would cost 50 of which 20 is the droid voucher. If I then return one 25 sweater do you think they would refund the 25 to my payment card or do you think they would refund 5 to the card and 20 to a gift card? Thanks
    Cool heads and compromise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,789Posts Today

9,199Users online

Martin's Twitter