Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,701Posts
    • 36,133Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 699
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 6th Jan 18, 10:39 AM
    • 1,940 Posts
    • 23,593 Thanks
    curl girl
    Louj, don't let this blip take the shine off your son's new jacket. He sounds like a lovely helpful lad.
    Refunds normally go back in your account quicker than you think.

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Jan 18, 10:43 AM
    • 14,349 Posts
    • 249,950 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning Llovelies

Waking up at 10am has made the Griffin bidding do I don't I decision for me

Baby Hampy

♥ Di

Lou - complain loudly, it wasn't your fault, they scanned it twice
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 6th Jan 18, 10:48 AM
    • 14,349 Posts
    • 249,950 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    ms-money-penny was yesterday's smartest player!

26 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 6th Jan 18, 10:49 AM
    • 18,556 Posts
    • 201,748 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Waking up at 10am has made the Griffin bidding do I don't I decision for me

Baby Hampy

♥ Di

Lou - complain loudly, it wasn't your fault, they scanned it twice
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    I have to agree. It is weird how different shops process refunds, whenever I have one in Ts it is processed on the same day, and shows on the same day on the statement, so it is obviously easy enough done.

Lou, I personally would complain to head office, especially if you were not handed the card unit, surely they should have made sure you could see how much you were paying! I think maybe you should concentrate as much on that as the slowness of the refund,.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 6th Jan 18, 10:59 AM
    • 2,243 Posts
    • 26,813 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    Morning all bright and sunny today-
    in the midst of a busy weekend
    DD birthday yesterday so another big meal..
    I bought a 1/2 price gammon before xmas which someone had ordered but not collected..i still paid 8 but I would have paid full price for it 16 not very but it was delicious it was a bourbon + maple glaze, but we still had loads of rtc veg left from xmas, and a chicken parfait (rtc) for starter, and prosecco and jelly shots (rtc from s)and profiteroles 1/2 price in t at the mo...we were so full we couldn't manage the cheese or coffee + mints..
    but ouch I have a headache today
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 6th Jan 18, 11:03 AM
    • 2,243 Posts
    • 26,813 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    I received in the post this morning my 100 gift card for joining sunlife

if any friends of mine over 50 want to join they would as well as me receive a 100 gift card
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Jan 18, 11:06 AM
    • 12,183 Posts
    • 139,338 Thanks
    Anon
    For those looking for a new Droid phone, this may be the best deal at the moment for a phone with NFC and minimum Android 4.4 Kitkat os (please post if a better deal found):

Sim Free Alcatel U5 4G Mobile Phone - Black / Grey
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105

Argos have this at 64.99 on offer. Note this specific U5 4g, the cheaper/other version does not have NFC, this one mentions it in the spec on Argos site.

If you go through VC today they are offering 10 Argos voucher back on a 50 spend. This makes it effectively 54.99.

Not as good as the A3 deal in November/December but I cannot see better at the moment?

Note this is not a recommendation, I have no knowledge of the phone I was just seeing what the cheapest nfc phone was I could find.

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 06-01-2018 at 1:04 PM.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 6th Jan 18, 11:09 AM
    • 4,796 Posts
    • 56,969 Thanks
    gocat
    Havent said anything earlier but have some fantastic news to share. DS and his gf are expecting a baby in June. They didnt think she could have children so this has come as a complete surprise to them. So sweet, bless them. Shes had a few scans now and all is fine, theyre pretty sure its a boy .

They live in Spain so DH, DD2, DGD1 and I have booked flights to go out and see them next month .

Dont want to tempt fate so not taking any baby bits out there yet but it hasnt stopped me buying them .

Mothercare have a fab sale on, loads of stuff in the clearance just depends on what each store has to clear so going further afield tomorrow to have a nosey in a larger store.
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Wow thats great news.
    I know how you are feeling as my DSis has been trying for a baby for the last few years and unfortunately had 6 miscarriages. She had numerous tests and they couldnt find anything wrong. She is now 6 months pregnant and all going well so far. I have been passing on the baby bargains posted on here and the other sites. So exciting

Morning all
    • Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 6th Jan 18, 11:10 AM
    • 4,131 Posts
    • 63,228 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    Good morning guys, 're the mullers, can I ask if there is another 'trigger' besides the Xmas one please, planning a shop v Sainbugs but need a second plan if they might not have the Xmas one no more. Tia
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 6th Jan 18, 11:10 AM
    • 4,796 Posts
    • 56,969 Thanks
    gocat
    For those looking for a new Droid phone, this may be the best deal at the moment (please post if a better deal found):

Sim Free Alcatel U5 4G Mobile Phone - Black / Grey
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7348105

Argos have this at 64.99 on offer. Note this specific U5 4g, the cheaper/other version does not have NFC, this one mentions it in the spec on Argos site.

If you go through VC today they are offering 10 Argos voucher back on a 50 spend. This makes it effectively 54.99.

Not as good as the A3 deal in November/December but I cannot see better at the moment?

Note this is not a recommendation, I have no knowledge of the phone I was just seeing what the cheapest nfc phone was I could find.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Doesnt the AP thing finish end of this month, or have I got that wrong?
    tia
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 6th Jan 18, 11:17 AM
    • 3,455 Posts
    • 33,998 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Good morning guys, 're the mullers, can I ask if there is another 'trigger' besides the Xmas one please, planning a shop v Sainbugs but need a second plan if they might not have the Xmas one no more. Tia
    Originally posted by Classy_Chick06
    I'd be glad of advice too please. I thought we didn't need a trigger as long as we got 11 of one sort and 1 of another? And is this v S please?

thank you.
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 6th Jan 18, 11:21 AM
    • 2,932 Posts
    • 45,889 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning everyone. Congratulations hampy.

So far 1 terr down & room hoovered. 1 left to do and lots put back into the loft, then the rest of the packing to do. Xmas quilts in the washer so Xmas has almost disappeared for another 10 1/2 months.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 6th Jan 18, 11:32 AM
    • 4,854 Posts
    • 59,213 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Tinsel 25p in T's. Napkins 35p.

The Xmas cakes went down to 2.

The large chocolate pannetone are 1.25 for 500g.

Bacofoil turkey foil 45p but it's only 3 metres.

And in mine there's a whole stack of Italian-style deli meat platters but not being rtc till tomorrow as dated 7th.

I bought nothing. Only called in for a look on way home from library.

Yesterday I spent 1.55. Getting back to normal now.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

Jan 18 - grocery/household to 14/1 = 38.42

• gocat
    • By gocat 6th Jan 18, 11:36 AM
    • 4,796 Posts
    • 56,969 Thanks
    gocat
    These one4all cards are getting on my nerves. Thought I would have a go at purchasing the above mentioned phone from Argos with them. I have 3 cards with 10 on them, plus an argos 7 voucher so would have to use other means to pay the rest. Unfortunately you cant do that with one4all cards.
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 6th Jan 18, 11:39 AM
    • 1,467 Posts
    • 4,922 Thanks
    pepper77
    Good morning beautiful people
    Advice please
    If taking an item back for refund. Is it best before or after apg claimed ? Tia it was an unwanted gift tia
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    Under 20 ?

Use self service, preferably with conveyor, put your apg through yourself (keying in the numbers), when it says "put coupons aside" do that. Finish your transaction then put you voucher in the slot but keep your receipt (drop it casually in your bag).
    Return items later or at different store.

I had a tidy yesterday and slung five pristine B&H receipts.
    • Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 6th Jan 18, 11:40 AM
    • 4,131 Posts
    • 63,228 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    I'd be glad of advice too please. I thought we didn't need a trigger as long as we got 11 of one sort and 1 of another? And is this v S please?

thank you.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    yes, as far as i know, we can get 11 mixed and the xmas trigger or 11 of 1 and 1 of another, .... i am planning a muggle shop today but was hoping to buy mullers seperate v Sainbugs so was hoping to buy a mixture with less fillers but wanted to know if there is an alternative trigger in case the xmas one is unavailable.
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 6th Jan 18, 11:45 AM
    • 2,730 Posts
    • 36,840 Thanks
    pacifica9
    QQ for anyone that has used 10 meal on AP, if you spend less than 10, do you keep the change on the app, like a gift card?
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    The Dine Out 10? Yes. They give you a receipt at till showing balance remaining.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • cjj
    • By cjj 6th Jan 18, 11:46 AM
    • 6,287 Posts
    • 84,131 Thanks
    cjj
    Morning all hope everyone is well

Congrats Hampy
    Di sorry your op was cancelled
    Good luck with the move bubbs
    Hope LEJC is ok

Hugs to everyone.

Can anyone advise on best catfood deals please (mhoc ?)

Our old cat only ate dried. I've just purchased 120 sachets of whiskas from FF for 22. I added 3 worth of food and used 2.50 off moc so 19.50 for 120 sachets. Is that a good deal or is there a better way. I suppose tins should work out cheaper ?

Tia xx

Have a great weekend everyone xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 6th Jan 18, 11:46 AM
    • 9,841 Posts
    • 113,989 Thanks
    emerald21
    QQ for anyone that has used 10 meal on AP, if you spend less than 10, do you keep the change on the app, like a gift card?
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    You do with the 50 one not too sure about the others

Good Morning all
    • LANGO1966
    • By LANGO1966 6th Jan 18, 11:47 AM
    • 1,551 Posts
    • 26,664 Thanks
    LANGO1966
    Yog shop from today

11 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Muller Corner Banana Yogurt with Chocolate Flakes (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Toffee Yogurt with Chocolate Hoops (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt with White Chocolate Shortcake Balls (135g) 0.68 0.50
    3x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 2.04 1.50
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Balls (135g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt (150g) 0.68 0.50
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.50
    Comparison total (compared products only) 7.48 5.50
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,954Posts Today

8,382Users online

Martin's Twitter