Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,508Posts
    • 35,706Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 376
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Dec 17, 7:29 PM
    • 48,944 Posts
    • 598,732 Thanks
    bubbs
    Knorr Chicken Stock Pot (+ Other Varieties as stocked (4 x 28g) Half Price was 1.45 now 72p @ Tesco
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 7lb week 38
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Dec 17, 7:31 PM
    • 48,944 Posts
    • 598,732 Thanks
    bubbs
    Gordons pink gin down to 13 in asda

50ml Marc Jacobs Decadence half price 34.50 at Debenhams - Free c&c

From darkside
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 7th Dec 17, 7:41 PM
    • 13,379 Posts
    • 145,030 Thanks
    3Dogs
    is the pepsi still working today? am hoping to finally get to a's later before going to crib x
    Originally posted by sarahskint
    I would doubt it by now, we should certainly be on Monday if not yesterday although I have been wrong before. I have two price changes to make on these products: 2.50 on Monday and 2 yesterday in M. So, if the APG has still got 1.25, on two versions, it would have to be what they got with two price changes since then in M (or probably just one - but you know what I mean, APG had 1.25 probable change to 2.50 from Monday's collection, should be changing again to 2 once yesterday's collection hits the system). If Monday is not in the system yet, it is very delayed. Saying that, we did have a Wednesday that seemed to only reach the system on a Saturday recently: Friday's shops were clearly still on Monday. In the past, the system would already be on Wednesday by now: it did seem to update earlier, usually on Thursday morning or afternoon and that to Wednesday having been already on Monday (earliest I saw for that was about 8.30am on Tuesday but could be delayed until Tuesday night - now it seems to update on Wednesday itself, whilst a new collection is being done that then, usually, updates on Friday).

Thursday late afternoon - really we should be on Monday with 2.50 M (unless they made what seems to be to be the same mistake on Monday, very unlikely, we don't usually see simple price mistakes repeated from one collection to the next as opposed to items 'wrongly' linked up, some of them favourably and some unfavourably - unless I'm wrong and 1.25 on the cans packs was the right price in M, that I don't recall seeing at all - although I didn't look at them much until informed one of them was picking up 1.25 - I think the fact I didn't have Pepsi cans last week suggests that there was no 1.25 SEL for any of them in any of my Ms as surely I would have seen and noticed such a price, even if it was not highlighted, and the fact I didn't note or know anything about them suggests I saw 2.50 which I ignored and just walked past). Also they did get 2.50 for at least one other version - so, either full price SELs for that one in their Ms and no 1.25 offer price crunch label that was never shown to me or they made a mistake mixing up the two versions with their 2L bottle versions in M which, coincidentally, are 1.25.

I can't say it definitely won't work as prices can be 7 days' old for M - and that might tip into an eighth day - or maybe they made the same error (if it is that) on Monday? It's a stretch to believe we aren't on Monday by now though (if not yesterday's also unfavourable price) - does anyone who has bought 6 pint milk in GB - whomever it was against - see 1.50 price on the M comp. or is it returning 1.58? TIA. We might even be on Wednesday - I think this 'glitch' (if that's what it is) most likely ended when Monday's data came in, which should have come in at the latest by yesterday. It's probably worse now than what it probably will be sometime late on tomorrow.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    I tried on Tuesday but somehow got Pepsi Max which I knew didn't work ..... and it didn't Tried yesterday lunchtime and got Diet Pepsi this time and it didn't work Compared to same price
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 18, Nov 19, Dec 7/16

3for2 list is post 210, Fillers are 211-214
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 7th Dec 17, 7:42 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 15,722 Thanks
    Arthien
    I wont quote you Arthien, but you may want to remove that code

Link to Arthiens post re 50% off food at Argos. Code is showing as you click through. Thanks for posting

http://www.argos.co.uk/search/food-%26-drink
    Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Oops, slap wrist! That's what happens when I post in a rush early in the morning

Thanks for reposting, I hope it was of use to someone.

Another busy evening for me, that's 3 in a row since DH has been away, it's like he's trying to make sure I don't have time to sit around and have some peace and quiet

Finally had tea so going to do some wrapping now. I thought I was really behind with presents but then, fortunately I remembered I was keeping a list so I checked it and I've actually done better than I thought, just my brother, sister in law and partner, nana, one friend and FIL to go! Although writing it down makes it sound like a lot
    On the countdown to Christmas
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 7th Dec 17, 7:43 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 15,722 Thanks
    Arthien
    quick reminder that codes are not allowed on the board

a post containing a code has been removed.
    Originally posted by redfox
    Sorry Redfox, I didn't mean to keep you busy
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 7th Dec 17, 7:45 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 15,722 Thanks
    Arthien
    Afternoon peeps.
    Been to mr t today, first time in months.
    It was chaos, think I prefer A now!
    Was hoping that my conditional spend voucher would work purchasing a gift card with my shopping but it didn't.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    What else did you buy? Was it alcohol? Some things are excluded (including gifts cards, technically!) but I've bought Amazon and Spotify gift cards several times and it's worked. Sometimes the SA is a bit funny about it, but generally speaking, if it scans then they are ok with it
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 7th Dec 17, 7:46 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 15,722 Thanks
    Arthien
    Now I'm all caught up, it's hi and bye for now, I'm off to do my best elf impression and get organised for the big day
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 7th Dec 17, 7:48 PM
    • 2,770 Posts
    • 41,443 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    Hi Everyone

Just a flying visit to say that I tried the 5 free credit with the Amazon app. It said it had added it to my account to be used against my next eligible purchase (ie sold and despatched by Amazon)

Well it didn't come off but a quick 'chat' online and CSA manually adjusted it

Many thanks to the OP who posted it - was it Bubbs?
    • pippo
    • By pippo 7th Dec 17, 8:09 PM
    • 2,814 Posts
    • 30,328 Thanks
    pippo
    [QUOTE=bubbs;73530597]40 wash
    Daz washing powder 2.75 @ Tesco instore

Still working through my Ariel & fairy from manymanymonths ago!
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost 9.24
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Dec 17, 8:11 PM
    • 48,944 Posts
    • 598,732 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi Everyone

Just a flying visit to say that I tried the 5 free credit with the Amazon app. It said it had added it to my account to be used against my next eligible purchase (ie sold and despatched by Amazon)

Originally posted by Busylizzie
    No wasnt me , not sure who it was
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Dec 17, 8:12 PM
    • 48,944 Posts
    • 598,732 Thanks
    bubbs
    [QUOTE=pippo;73530816]
    40 wash
    Daz washing powder 2.75 @ Tesco instore

Still working through my Ariel & fairy from manymanymonths ago!
    Originally posted by bubbs
    You got a few then did your parcel get delivered?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 7th Dec 17, 8:17 PM
    • 2,457 Posts
    • 28,124 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Evening all,
    Caught up now
    Been fat club and took me an hr to get home traffic was horrendous
    Pip hope you get your parcel, got mine today that i paid next day del for on Monday got a refund though
    Evening bubbles....did you have a better week at the club
    10 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Dec 17, 8:26 PM
    • 48,944 Posts
    • 598,732 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening bubbles....did you have a better week at the club
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Hello marmie
    1LB so bit better
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Dec 17, 8:35 PM
    • 48,944 Posts
    • 598,732 Thanks
    bubbs
    6 Pack Heinz Baked Beans In-store / Online 2.50 @ Iceland
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Dec 17, 8:40 PM
    • 32,126 Posts
    • 457,772 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening paw sniffers

Can anyone recommend a good brow kit to give as a present?

Thank you and please
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • MKS
    • By MKS 7th Dec 17, 8:42 PM
    • 9,514 Posts
    • 148,371 Thanks
    MKS
    Yes finished

How many times did you go back?
    bubbs, you know me to well. But I do like lamb.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 7th Dec 17, 8:46 PM
    • 32,126 Posts
    • 457,772 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Sal I see your green light is on

How are you?

Is your sister still there?

And JTS.....his light is off.....hell be in bed with a lemon puff or two
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • MKS
    • By MKS 7th Dec 17, 8:48 PM
    • 9,514 Posts
    • 148,371 Thanks
    MKS
    Evening all,
    Caught up now
    Been fat club and took me an hr to get home traffic was horrendous
    Pip hope you get your parcel, got mine today that i paid next day del for on Monday got a refund though
    Well done, youve lost some more. Did you see that Fat friends is on in MK next year? Freddie Flintock is playing a part.
    Last edited by MKS; 07-12-2017 at 9:00 PM.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Dec 17, 8:54 PM
    • 48,944 Posts
    • 598,732 Thanks
    bubbs
    Evening paw sniffers

Can anyone recommend a good brow kit to give as a present?

Thank you and please
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Hello
    No sorry
    bubbs, you know me to well. But I do like lamb.
    Originally posted by MKS

Well done, youve losed some more. Did you see that Fat friends is on in MK next year? Freddie Flintock is playing a part.
    Originally posted by MKS
    Thanks no i didnt know
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • michaels
    • By michaels 7th Dec 17, 8:54 PM
    • 19,936 Posts
    • 91,428 Thanks
    michaels
    Hi Everyone

Originally posted by Busylizzie
    Amazon voucher?

Can I be bother to drive to onestop for 2 free bottles of cider?
    Cool heads and compromise
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

115Posts Today

3,451Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• To clarify this. Cameron's gamble that having a stark vote'd mean his team won. He gambled wrong (that's not a stat? https://t.co/NSCT3aKvGS

• Follow Martin