Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,506Posts
    • 35,688Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 374
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 7th Dec 17, 5:35 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 4,751 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone

JTS, great to see you, hope you have a lovely Christmas. Would send you a card but on tab so not quite sure how

Cooked 18 mince pies and about half a ton of cheese straws, they are out on the worktop cooling, must get themy away before dgs arrives
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Thank you kindly Enterprise

Wishing you the same x
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Dec 17, 5:38 PM
    • 11,866 Posts
    • 136,032 Thanks
    Anon
    Naughty bit of carrot bondage going on there

??Fingerprint scanner??
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Yes, there is a fingerprint scanner on back of the phone under the camera - silverish colour above the Alcatel logo. I set mine up when I first got the phone as I read the onscreen instructions

Anon
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 7th Dec 17, 5:42 PM
    • 226 Posts
    • 4,751 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Took several screen shots from the dark side yesterday, will post as pics as youre more likely to notice them skimming through rather than a link

Fat apples

Originally posted by hampydoodums
    Blimey, you don't get many of those to the pound
    Don't let someone dim your light - simply because it is shining in their eyes.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Dec 17, 5:42 PM
    • 3,207 Posts
    • 32,551 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    So are a multitude of foods eaten every day such as processed meats, bacon, popcorn, alcohol....blah blah.
    ALL food/drink should ideally be taken in moderation because of negative health effects, that's just common sense, but if you don't want to do then it's personal choice !

I think If I drop dead tomorrow the coroner won't be pin pointing it down to eating 2, rather than 1 Muller per day

LIFE will KILL you, why worry about anything else !
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Exactly smoked bacon has also been discovered as carcinogenic I didn't know any of these facts and was trying to be helpful, I mis understood bubbs post and thought she was eating 30 a week, I was trying to be helpful I won't bother next time
    Last edited by diluvsdiscounts; 07-12-2017 at 6:15 PM.
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 5lb
    • Anon
    • By Anon 7th Dec 17, 5:43 PM
    • 11,866 Posts
    • 136,032 Thanks
    Anon
    1 fvf 3bay deal is back on 10/11 December (from hukd):

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/promos/2016/3286.html

Remember, don’t list until it is live (though you can accept the offer now if it lets you).

HTH

Anon
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 7th Dec 17, 5:44 PM
    • 2,887 Posts
    • 45,268 Thanks
    elainemn
    Hi. Does anyone know if the mullers are still working? Thanks,
    • newbie1980
    • By newbie1980 7th Dec 17, 5:46 PM
    • 1,828 Posts
    • 22,545 Thanks
    newbie1980
    Have you tried taking the back off and pushing it back on again? I suspect I had not quite aligned mine when I put the SIM in - the little instruction sheet shows you pushing the back of the phone (to the left of the finger print scanner if I recall) to activate the NFC, as there is a sensor on the back cover that then links into to a circuit on the phone as well.

It may not solve it, but it worked for me after I had issues.

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    thanks

will try it tommorow
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 7th Dec 17, 5:47 PM
    • 4,937 Posts
    • 75,244 Thanks
    savvy sal
    Well done !!
    Originally posted by pippo

Were you looking at a different competitor on your shop to the one gocat is looking at now?

That could be the simple explanation.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Evening all.I think the 1st comparison posted was against Morrie's.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Dec 17, 5:49 PM
    • 19,839 Posts
    • 260,407 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    9 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda sainsbury's
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Apple Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Chocolate & Orange Limited Edition Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    Comparison total (compared products only) 6.12 3.15
    +2.97 cheaper

Some Mullers today. To explain, I went for my 2 GC (for my chocolate and sweets combo. overcharge earlier) - it was the Cadbury Buttons 14.4g (or the version of it that I bought) that didn't pick up the mbuy instore - I may post more about this later if I get time - and I decided to change a 2.99 voucher and a penny cash into a 3.29 voucher. Probably should have bought some Buttons and Curly Wurlys this time. No, I think two 2 GC claims within the space of two minutes, with the same CS at CS, would have been stretching it.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 7th Dec 17, 5:54 PM
    • 1,787 Posts
    • 22,031 Thanks
    curl girl
    Afternoon peeps.
    Been to mr t today, first time in months.
    It was chaos, think I prefer A now!
    Was hoping that my conditional spend voucher would work purchasing a gift card with my shopping but it didn't.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 7th Dec 17, 5:55 PM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 22,716 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    My ap wins today were a 10 dining out voucher, 2 x 3 Gregg s vouchers and 2 free cokes
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Better than me today, 3 G 3 MS & coke

looks like i am taking my alcatel a3 phone back nfc worked first day not worked since and no-one seems to know anything. Have tried in about 5 shops with no luck
    Originally posted by newbie1980
    The NFC is the middle of the phone, whereas my other phone is at the top, worth just passing phone over scanner at 90 degrees slowly from "top" to "bottom"
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Dec 17, 5:58 PM
    • 19,839 Posts
    • 260,407 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Hi. Does anyone know if the mullers are still working? Thanks,
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Oh, see above. Spooky how I posted something that, I hope, answers your question goes towards answering your question.

Had to change it again - being pedantic, I never am! - because strictly my comparison does not say that "the mullers" i.e. all Mullers that A has anywhere at all are working, and we know some of them such as the Corners that are not the Christmas Gingerbread one do not work, or at all not as well, but I know you mean the Lights and Rices and then only those which sains.co.uk has - my comparison shows that some of these Mullers are working and, it may be strongly felt, the others that sains.co.uk has are also working today.

I hope my shopping result assists.

This shop was done in England btw (I hope that doesn't matter). Could have been in Wales I suppose if I had done it yesterday but, it wasn't, it was today. This afternoon.

I bought a lower weight Vanilla Sprinkles again - due to the limited range in my store that also had the longer dates I needed/wanted/preferred. Am I one of the few that has bought all 5 Rices on a shop?
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Dec 17, 5:59 PM
    • 19,839 Posts
    • 260,407 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Sal has thanked me for the Mullers comp. - she wants more Mullers fetching!

Go fetch them people!
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 7th Dec 17, 5:59 PM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 22,716 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Droid Markies
    Anyone like me hoping for reductions after Xmas to about 3 and 5
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 7th Dec 17, 6:01 PM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 41,667 Thanks
    izzy65
    Exactly smoked bacon has also been discovered as carcinogenic I didn't know any of these facts and was trying to be helpful, I mis understood bubbs post and thought she was eating 3p a week, I was trying to be helpful I won't bother next time
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Di I feel the same as you about artificial sweeteners and have been aware for a long time now, my ds is type one diabetic, I would think that of the many many people who read this thread and didn't answer you there will be some who you have educated, please don't stop posting your useful info👍
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 7th Dec 17, 6:04 PM
    • 9,683 Posts
    • 112,502 Thanks
    emerald21
    Anyone like me hoping for reductions after Xmas to about 3 and 5
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Think I ll use most of mine after Christmas as the queues are horrific and I dont want to add to them . Saying that most of my wins have been Greggs lol .Unless you want to swap some lol. I know you like Gregg s
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Dec 17, 6:15 PM
    • 48,911 Posts
    • 598,503 Thanks
    bubbs
    I didn't mean to offend you Bubbs and I carry the BRAC1 gene so I know that wasn't my cause but at my SW class it is discussed quite regularly....... sorry I misunderstood I could easily manage 30 yoghurts in a week
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    You didnt offend me , i was just saying, how could you eat 30 in a week?
    Good morning lovely peoples

Clear blue skies and sunny here - is it really Christmas this month?

Haven't put any decorations up yet - nor received a Christmas Card.

Thinking of you all
    Originally posted by Jeremiah T Stone
    Hi JTS
    Hope you are keeping as well as you can and enjoy Christmas
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Dec 17, 6:17 PM
    • 48,911 Posts
    • 598,503 Thanks
    bubbs

Savvy I took a 14p hit oops a 12.6p hit on the parsnip compared to asda
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Well done, good shop
    I need some chocolate tubs e.g celebrations etc does anyone know of any cheeky glitches tia
    Originally posted by mrs lds
    no sorry

Another random N00B question from me today... APG in A Living a problem?

Need to do some Xmas shopping so figured I could spend them there maybe even pick up the likes of gift sets + smart price shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste etc. for the food bank to do a compare?
    Originally posted by N6CNH
    I have never seen a living
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    • 3,207 Posts
    • 32,551 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Di I feel the same as you about artificial sweeteners and have been aware for a long time now, my ds is type one diabetic, I would think that of the many many people who read this thread and didn't answer you there will be some who you have educated, please don't stop posting your useful info��
    Originally posted by izzy65
    Thank you, maybe bubbs thinks i typed the bottom bit I didnt i copied and pasted from a Google search and it happened to mention diabetes which I didn't know so I too have learned something new today x
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 5lb
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 7th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Hello I cant eat rice at all, my sugar goes crazy, but i love cauli rice not tried the others, but i eat loads of veg as don't have potatoes .
    I am now not in diabetic range, go back next March
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Hi Bubbs and everyone. Long day today, six hours in a car and no A anywhere near my route!

Bubbs, I hope you are very proud of your achievements. I'm very impressed. I didn't buy whoopsied cauli rice the other day as I didn't fancy it, but I may well try it after this. Thank you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,464Posts Today

7,301Users online

Martin's Twitter