Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,514Posts
    • 35,709Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 370
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Dec 17, 9:32 AM
    • 14,167 Posts
    • 247,660 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning

Appt tomorrow for mask to be made - hoping weather holds off over the Beacons
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 7th Dec 17, 9:38 AM
    • 2,702 Posts
    • 34,596 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Good morning.

Bubbs I don't want to scare you but the sweeteners in those yoghurts are nasty and should be taken in moderation.

Aspartame has many adverse effects and is blamed for health conditions like Diabetes and Epilepsy. It's added to products like Diet cokes and as we see here yogurts as well. This is a known carcinogen (capable of causing cancer). Acesulfame K – second worst sweetener and it is found to cause many side effects as well.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    So are a multitude of foods eaten every day such as processed meats, bacon, popcorn, alcohol....blah blah.
    ALL food/drink should ideally be taken in moderation because of negative health effects, that's just common sense, but if you don't want to do then it's personal choice !

I think If I drop dead tomorrow the coroner won't be pin pointing it down to eating 2, rather than 1 Muller per day

LIFE will KILL you, why worry about anything else !
    Last edited by Wheres My Cashback; 07-12-2017 at 9:43 AM.
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 7th Dec 17, 9:40 AM
    • 2,570 Posts
    • 48,546 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    Good morning

From a shop this morning at 7:30 Loreal Invincible n/a against T compared to Sainsbobs
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Dec 17, 9:42 AM
    • 14,167 Posts
    • 247,660 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Whilst That Sister & I were waiting in the consulting room on Tuesday... I had an irritating itch on my back & asked her to look to see if it was a bite or a spot... I pull my top up & she starts scanning my back, eagle eyed for anything to squeeze (nothing ) and comments that I have lots of big moles - takes photos of my moley back...
    Then I show her a weird small white lump on my side, so she tries to squeeze that & in walks the Consultant

How to give a good impression of responsible relative
    Our Family Motto ~

• gocat
    • By gocat 7th Dec 17, 9:44 AM
    • 4,694 Posts
    • 56,074 Thanks
    gocat
    I think the safest bet would be vff natural yoghurt and then add fruit or honey etc. In moderation I'm sure they're fine.
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    I often eat ff natural yogs and ff greek natural yogs on their own as prefer them. Nice to have a fruity one every now and then
    But Im sure there was some supermarket one that didnt have the nasty sweetner or it might have been their NAS squash . Might have been Asda's. Will have to have a google.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 7th Dec 17, 9:46 AM
    • 14,167 Posts
    • 247,660 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    hornetgirl was yesterday's smartest player!

25 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Thursday): World : UK

Our Family Motto ~

• Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Dec 17, 9:53 AM
    • 18,343 Posts
    • 199,863 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, raining here.

Think I shall be doing my Christmas baking today, only problem is I cleared some freezer space but could not resist a reduced chicken in Lidl

Nipped out first thing to get an IPL system, they had one in Lidl and one in Aldi, I got the one in Aldi because it looks like it is variable and has a longer life, it was 20 more but hopefully worth it, hoping my legs will be hair free come summer, at least for long periods of time.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 7th Dec 17, 9:57 AM
    • 2,702 Posts
    • 34,596 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Something else to kill us all a little sooner. More FREE Cider on COS...

• N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 7th Dec 17, 9:59 AM
    • 931 Posts
    • 9,786 Thanks
    N6CNH
    Morning all,

Going to try and get some work done and put gift sets to the back of my head... at least for the majority of the day.

Hope you all have a good one! :-)
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 7th Dec 17, 10:00 AM
    • 18,343 Posts
    • 199,863 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Morning all

Been offline for a while as the Harddrive on my Desktop crashed and I struggle with the laptop (my own laziness but can't get used to it properly)

Got a guy in to replace the Harddrive (130) but he didn't tell me beforehand that I had lost all my files and everything else Had I know that I wouldn't have bothered, would have bought a new computer.

So having to start from scratch with everything, I hate it

Worst is, I have lost Msoft Office, Word etc that I use quite a lot.
    Help!!! Can anyone suggest how to get it without spending a fortune? Mine was installed on the computer when I bought it in 2006.

Thanks to all the testers, I have been doing a few shops recently but not able to post them

ChelseaFred
    Originally posted by ChelseaFred
    Did you keep all the documentation that came with the computer? If you did you should have the licence key that came with the computer, which would mean all you have to do is find a download link for whichever Office you had and put in the licence key.

Other than that, you could try Open Office, it is open source office software that is similar to MS Office, although I came across some compatability issues when I used it to send documents to people that tried to open them in Word etc.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 7th Dec 17, 10:15 AM
    • 2,462 Posts
    • 28,178 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning all, raining here.

Think I shall be doing my Christmas baking today, only problem is I cleared some freezer space but could not resist a reduced chicken in Lidl

Nipped out first thing to get an IPL system, they had one in Lidl and one in Aldi, I got the one in Aldi because it looks like it is variable and has a longer life, it was 20 more but hopefully worth it, hoping my legs will be hair free come summer, at least for long periods of time.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I've been getting a few things done this morning...Made 2 1/2 dozen mince pies...Frozen them...Just get them out as and when I need to cook a few....Also, I have put the marzipan onto two Xmas cakes....Will need to put the icing on and finish them off over the weekend...I cannot wait to put the knife into one for a taste...I've been feeding them with spiced Rum....They look sooooo moist...
    9 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 7th Dec 17, 10:41 AM
    • 2,469 Posts
    • 38,000 Thanks
    wendyak
    Morning gang I hope everyone is well and a bit more organised than me re this xmas thing but my excuse it that theres lots going on here.
    Hubby had another op yesterday - all good and been promised up to 70% movement in the joints if all goes to plan.
    Was the third anniversary of my fathers passing and 15 family (including a very morphined hubby) went to his local for a drink. His picture was on the bar, it was very moving.
    I finally got a response from DWP and its all good including a bit of back pay .
    My antivirals are finished but the shingles is being a bit of a pig at the mo and my left rib/lung are on strike due to nerve damage
    The good bits are we went to a charity dinner the night before the op and although I didnt think I would be able, I made it and had a good time plus I am out tonight, if the body allows with another charity for their xmas meal......not yet ventured out to A since the pepsi glitch but would love a few gifts sets so might be able to get there after physio tomorrow, although Im not sure what to get ....Women,we never make up our minds, eh ??? xxx
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 7th Dec 17, 10:43 AM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 32,585 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    I only eat in moderation , i call one a day moderation. They didn't cause my diabetes as hardly ate them before and only had one a day since SW which was after diagnosis but I am no longer in diabetic range but if i was to eat pasta, rice , baked beans have a bigger affect on me than yoghurt
    I hope to God I don't get cancer as do we all but think smoking for 30 yrs i have more chance getting it from there
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I didn't mean to offend you Bubbs and I carry the BRAC1 gene so I know that wasn't my cause but at my SW class it is discussed quite regularly....... sorry I misunderstood I could easily manage 30 yoghurts in a week
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 7.5lb
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Dec 17, 10:43 AM
    • 14,040 Posts
    • 228,978 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Are you sure you're not buying a different version of Kellogg's Nutri Grain Breakfast Bakes*? No, only joking.

*To the ones in another store on a different BC that are still glitching.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    it was a one day only glitch as most "ending today" glitches are
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Dec 17, 10:48 AM
    • 14,040 Posts
    • 228,978 Thanks
    zippydooda
    I would no car so no need for it ....
    Originally posted by tweets
    i did not think for one minute, you would throw litter on the floor. you do surprise me tweets
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Dec 17, 11:01 AM
    • 14,040 Posts
    • 228,978 Thanks
    zippydooda
    hopefully getting the prawns scampi in waitrose that foxy mentioned. 4.45 down to 1.60

now if sa permitting i will use my ood bg card and get them down to 1.15 a bag.
    only one sa i really need to avoid on ss as he mentioned to me about how long i have left on the card. (still in date then) bet it goes wrong today and i get a deserved trouting.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 7th Dec 17, 11:04 AM
    • 4,658 Posts
    • 56,897 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Spent 65p in Co op on frozen (after moc) and got new moc 50p off salad.

I agree sweeteners are potentially evil, it's my one issue with Muller and the reason why I got corners on further shops even though the apg was not quite as good. And I think they taste awful and leave an aftertaste too.

Someone I used to know was on 2 sweeteners in every hot drink plus powdered stuff on cereal, and consuming lots of diet cokes and sodas etc etc for absolutely years. It never took any fat off her though. Then one day in 2005 she decided to cut them out after we both researched them. She became quite ill as if she'd gone into a massive withdrawal situation, and she felt unwell for a few months till it cleared out of her system. Obviously it is an individual case and no two people are the same.
    Last edited by Serendipitious; 07-12-2017 at 11:11 AM.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 7th Dec 17, 11:07 AM
    • 14,040 Posts
    • 228,978 Thanks
    zippydooda
    gobby list hehe
    usual 3 at the top with a surprising surge from marmite.

1 bubbs 729
    2 TrulyMadly 343
    3 davemorton 338
    4 marmitelovemehateme 316
    5 mhoc 299
    6 Savvybuyer 296
    7 emerald21 235
    8 Serendipitious 197
    9 Anon 190
    10 Snap-ant 186
    11Enterprise 1701C 185
    12 curl girl 166
    13 3Dogs 155
    14 pippo 144
    15 Picasso7 136
    16 gocat 134
    17 braveheart60uk 126
    18 tweets 123
    19 Sunshinemummy 121
    20 Sarahdol75 112
    21 hampydoodums 109
    22 zippydooda 107
    23 michaels 96
    24 Claire1972 93
    25 mrsmac10 92
    Tinyshoes 90
    • gocat
    • By gocat 7th Dec 17, 11:10 AM
    • 4,694 Posts
    • 56,074 Thanks
    gocat
    i did not think for one minute, you would throw litter on the floor. you do surprise me tweets
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Be better to put them in the recycling bin
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 7th Dec 17, 11:11 AM
    • 2,462 Posts
    • 28,178 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    The December full moon will approach the planet tonight for the very first and unfortunately last supermoon event of the year. (Or is it)

The spectacular rare sighting will see the full moon swell up to 14 per cent in size and grow brighter by as much as 30 per cent.

Nasa teased: "The weekends Full Moon is the Frost Moon, the Cold Moon, the Long Night Moon, or the Moon before Yule. In the Southern Hemisphere, it's getting warmer, so happy Strawberry Moon. And oh yeah, did we mention it's a Supermoon?"

The supermoon will rise in the Sunday dark afternoon hours over Manchester, kicking off around 4:30 making its path spectacularly across the night sky, before it will be seen bursting into a phenonemon known as the Blue Moon. Thousands are expected to see this last amazing event of the year. But, some people in Manchester will be seen with sad faces after this event is over....There will be other opportunities to witness this again as the next rising of this super blue moon can be seen in April of 2018
    Last edited by marmitelovemehateme; 07-12-2017 at 11:33 AM.
    9 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,340Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin