Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,506Posts
    • 35,688Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 368
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 6th Dec 17, 10:23 PM
    • 3,815 Posts
    • 73,776 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Chris wouldn't say that anyway have you been and tested them JD sets?
    Originally posted by bubbs

I'd never say that They're just picking on you bubbs
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • frequent
    • By frequent 6th Dec 17, 10:26 PM
    • 4,876 Posts
    • 96,609 Thanks
    frequent
    AvS

2x ASDA Extra Special Mainbrace India Premium Pale Ale (500ml) 3.00 3.00
    1x ASDA Extra Special Premium Golden Ale (500ml) 1.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Extra Special Gentleman Jack Premium Ale (500ml) 1.50 N/A
    4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 1.40 1.00

Multibuy didn't come off on receipt so glitch over.
    4x Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Choc Chip Breakfast Bakes (6x45g) 9.16 6.00
    4x Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Raisin Breakfast Bakes (6x45g) 9.16 6.00

4x KP Original Salted Peanuts (270g) 9.16 7.00
    4x KP Dry Roasted Peanuts (270g) 9.16 7.00
    2x Kingsmill Pancakes (6pk) 1.00 1.50
    1x Lyle's Golden Syrup Breakfast (340g) 1.75 1.75

Thanks Zippy

vT
    4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 1.40 1.20
    2x Kingsmill Pancakes (6pk) 1.00 1.00

vM

vW
    Last edited by frequent; 06-12-2017 at 11:42 PM.
    Reaching a life point where " you don't give flying bollock', its kind of cool here "
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Dec 17, 10:30 PM
    • 48,911 Posts
    • 598,503 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    I know you wouldnt , they are bullies
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 6th Dec 17, 10:33 PM
    • 48,911 Posts
    • 598,503 Thanks
    bubbs
    Night
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 6th Dec 17, 10:35 PM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 22,473 Thanks
    Saversue
    posted wrong shop they did work, just testing to see if anyone noticed
    Wish I was as observant with my dates, just found out I've lost a lot of money because I forgot to spend my C&C apg vouchers, by the 5th on 2nd account.
    One account was Mum's and one mine.

So I had 1st account suspended a few weeks ago and now this
    Makes anyone loosing money on going over 100 look good.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 6th Dec 17, 11:43 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,405 Thanks
    davemorton
    Chris wouldn't say that anyway have you been and tested them JD sets?
    Nope, I went for a Sunday evening drink at the pub instead

Originally posted by Chrisv
    Think you dropped this Chris

Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • ChelseaFred
    • By ChelseaFred 7th Dec 17, 2:39 AM
    • 352 Posts
    • 5,826 Thanks
    ChelseaFred
    Morning all

Been offline for a while as the Harddrive on my Desktop crashed and I struggle with the laptop (my own laziness but can't get used to it properly)

Got a guy in to replace the Harddrive (130) but he didn't tell me beforehand that I had lost all my files and everything else Had I know that I wouldn't have bothered, would have bought a new computer.

So having to start from scratch with everything, I hate it

Worst is, I have lost Msoft Office, Word etc that I use quite a lot.
    Help!!! Can anyone suggest how to get it without spending a fortune? Mine was installed on the computer when I bought it in 2006.

Thanks to all the testers, I have been doing a few shops recently but not able to post them

ChelseaFred
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Dec 17, 3:21 AM
    • 19,839 Posts
    • 260,404 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Got 16 for each of 1L alcohols for M instead of 15.

13 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda morrisons
    1x Budweiser Lager (24x300) 10.00 N/A
    3x Warburtons Medium White Bread (800g) 3.15 3.00
    1x Smirnoff Premium Vodka (1l) 16.00 16.00
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Brioche Rolls (8pk) 1.19 1.00
    1x Gordon's Special London Dry Gin (1l) 16.00 16.00
    2x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (6pt) 2.96 3.16
    4x ASDA Whole Milk (6pt) 5.92 6.32
    1x Warburtons Crumpets (9pk) 1.35 1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 46.57 46.48
    +0.09 cheaper

But... I don't think this is an indication that they are not working now. This is a receipt I have been holding onto for a few days, in the hope, which hasn't worked, that it would get 15 prices when I finally entered the receipt. I saw they looked like some of the ones on offer at 15 in M. This is a shop that they did on Monday and, clearly by shopping on Monday itself, they shopped before the M prices were updated. I don't think the APG would be failing to pick up everything that changed in price in M on Monday - for example all the milks are picking up last week's M price of 1.58. Can anyone, who didn't shop in Northern Ireland, that has bought milk yesterday, regardless of which competitor they aimed their shop at, confirm that the 1.50 M price is indeed being picked up?

Hopefully the fact the shop I've compared was done before the M prices had been updated bodes well for my own shop. Otherwise, if both milks are still getting 1.58 and several 1L bottles getting 16, either their Ms seem to have changed virtually no SELs on Monday and are completely unlikely mine which all changed or the price collection is still on last Wednesday and update from Monday must be very late indeed.

I hope we are not even on Monday yet, unless the system jumps straight to Wednesday just gone, as I would like the next update to be to Monday and then for the Wednesday collection to be delayed. The Batchelor's Cup A Soups and Slim A Soups that M has (they were 75p on Monday) have gone up to full price in M on Wednesday. However, I notice that they are showing full price on a.com (and msm had already caught that several hours ago) even though they are still going through at 5 for 3 in my A this morning. Today may be the last day of A's offer. With them showing full price, I have bought five of them (maybe should have bought a lot more now I come to think about it), therefore without a Heinz Lentil & Bacon trigger.

However, as I have only seen full price on a.com this morning, the APG may still be on mbuy pricing for A - I am therefore going to wait hopefully until the APG pricing reflects what is on a.com (and hope a.com doesn't suddenly gain its mbuys back just before 6am - but I don't think it should do if it is the last day the Batchelor's are in the offer). I am therefore waiting on my receipt but we also have an M price collection looming that may bring full price M into the system. Hopefully, as I have shopped before the M prices are updated, the M price of 75p may remain on my shop - however I think I need to wait to try to ensure that the A prices are updated before I try to compare the shop. Watch it return the A mbuys and M full price. Otherwise, this could be good and it might last for today if the M prices don't get updated sometime during the day and they have been somewhat delayed of late.

There was also another issue on my shop. I tried the Cadbury Buttons as a potential trigger as it has been reported that that is also a no-show. The only Cadbury Buttons of this weight on a.com are showing "Unavailable" and therefore not linked to the offer. I think there are potentially two versions of Cadbury Buttons available (and also possibly two different versions of Cadbury Freddo that I did not buy or, should there be two, did not buy either of on my shop). The bill at the end, on the SS, seemed wrong but I could not quite work it out. The soups had gone through at 5 for 3 (what kind of A does not have any stock of Cup A Soup Tomato?) but I kept wondering whether I had scanned my crisps correctly. In the end, having pressed the "Cancel items" but then, instead of cancelling anything, scrolled repeatedly up and down through my shop trying to find if I had scanned and was buying the correct number of everything, but I had everything I was supposed to be buying and couldn't work out why the bill was not as expected. I ended up just paying in order to get the receipt and have a look at it. What had happened was the 5 for 1 sweets offer had not come off and I had paid full price. I think it must be my Cadbury Buttons - the shelf was showing 5 for 1 across all the items I'd bought but it did not come off. The shelf also said an individual price of 25p for the Cadbury Buttons but mine scanned at 30p. I therefore suspect - though I could only find one - that there are two versions of Cadbury Buttons 14.4g, one at individual price 25p and in the offer and the other, the one that I bought, at straight 30p. My Cadbury Buttons is BC ending 783974.

The reason I say there may be two versions of Cadbury Freddo is that there are two separate Freddo (we are not talking about Caramel, which is a completely separate version, or two) products on a.com, one of them "Unavailable" and the other with a price and in the mbuy. So, which one of them is invisible?

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-freddo-chocolate-bar/910001452012

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-dairy-milk-freddo-chocolate-bar/910003106423

The first link, as you can see, the product is called "Cadbury Freddo Chocolate Bar 18g" but the picture is of Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo and it has 25p flashed on it. The second product shows Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo but does not have the price on the product. I would not trust them to reflect accurately which one of them appears and which does not. The suggestion would be that the version of the product with the price printed on the wrapper is the trigger. However, as I've just implied, I think relying on the pictures is rather risky. However, it does suggest, from two different descriptions that appear to relate to - from I suspect most people's perspective - the "same product", that there are in fact two (or at least two) different versions, both again with the same weight, on completely different BCs and therefore completely and entirely different products. The average person may think they are the same. (I am obviously not average as I see the products as completely different and not only being pedantic about one being described as "...Dairy Milk...".) However, if there are two, as a.com appears to be picturing two different ones, with the subtle difference between the wrappers, they are each on unique BCs and, with a different BC, it is a different product.

They do this sort of thing when they are downsizing - although this is a different matter and does not relate to the current situation - the downsized version will have a new BC and technically the product has not changed to a lower weight - the previous, higher weight version is being discontinued and no longer being produced, so that it will eventually no longer be available, whilst a new version, with a lower weight, is now the only one being produced and its stocks will eventually take over the older version and become the only one available. In effect, it accomplishes a downsizing but the higher weight product does not change to a lower weight - they are two different products and the higher wieght just eventually becomes unobtainable and then you have to make do with a downsized version, that is not the same product at all but is totally different since it has a different BC.

Completely different products. So, if you want the mbuy to come off on your shop, you should buy Cadbury Buttons 14.4g. And, if you don't want the mbuy to come off, you should instead buy another product, the completely different product called Cadbury Buttons 14.4g.

Finally (for now), is it the case that some people have been buying (what they think is) a Cadbury Freddo bar and having it appear and count as an item and some people buying Cadbury Freddo and not getting it on the comp. - or, even, because of it failing to have enough items when they thought they had bought enough? There may be the answer - two different versions. If people have, or haven't, had Cadbury Freddo appear, having bought it/one version of them, could they let us know the BC of what they bought and specify whether yours appeared - indeed can people be really precise when items like this fail to appear and specify the BC of what you have bought, as it seems there may be more than one version (and if you just buy Cadbury Freddo thinking it won't appear like the last person posted, you might be buying the wrong version for that - a different version that doesn't behave in the same way).

I also tried some potatoes earlier - whether there may or may not be better prices around, we were desperate and just had to buy against M's 2 for 2 this time. I picked up bags of longer BB date of course (I always pick the longest I can see, whilst the stores are wanting the reverse - for the sooner dates to be sold). I thought they were trying to trick me with a new non-appearing version again. I saw a diffferent BC on the bags with the longer dates. Now, which appears on the APG, I thought? How would I know? Then I realised I was picking up the wrong variety entirely. I went back to the White Potatoes, that I should have been buying, sadly not quite as long date (still several days though) but they will be fine.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 07-12-2017 at 4:18 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Dec 17, 4:14 AM
    • 19,839 Posts
    • 260,404 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    AvS

2x ASDA Extra Special Mainbrace India Premium Pale Ale (500ml) 3.00 3.00
    1x ASDA Extra Special Premium Golden Ale (500ml) 1.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Extra Special Gentleman Jack Premium Ale (500ml) 1.50 N/A

Multibuy didn't come off on receipt so glitch over.

2x Kingsmill Pancakes (6pk) 1.00 1.50

Thanks Zippy

vT
    4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 1.40 1.20
    2x Kingsmill Pancakes (6pk) 1.00 1.00

vM

vW
    Originally posted by frequent
    Are you sure you're not buying a different version of Kellogg's Nutri Grain Breakfast Bakes*? No, only joking.

*To the ones in another store on a different BC that are still glitching.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 7th Dec 17, 4:39 AM
    • 19,839 Posts
    • 260,404 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I don't think I could have rescued that receipt as, unfortunately, they shopped a day (maybe even two days) too early.

Still, although not nearly the 7 I think it would have been if using M's instore prices (on non-whoopsied stock) on Monday, I am glad they bought at least something such as the Budweiser lager even though it doesn't compare. The difference between an APG for 4.70-odd and no APG at all.

In one sense, I wish I had done my shop late in the day yesterday instead of only seeing the Batchelor's soups at full price on a.com after it had gone midnight. However, I think, if I'd shopped yesterday, the system would always have the A mbuy in it, if that was what was on a.com at the lunchtime update yesterday - I don't know, I didn't see what was on there at that time - for shops done yesterday, it would always have that and wouldn't update. By shopping today, only because yet again I discover these things way late in the day, I think the A prices may not yet be on the non-mbuy but may update to it; however it also risks M's full price applying on the system if checked today which would never be in the system for yesterday's shops (even if checked later). I therefore need to check the receipt late enough for the A pricing to be updated but soon enough for it to be before the M prices have been updated. I feel I may check too early to catch A full price but I don't want to check too late and have nasty M full price appear. I will mis-time it whatever happens.

See you later.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 07-12-2017 at 4:55 AM.
    • 99p
    • By 99p 7th Dec 17, 6:10 AM
    • 905 Posts
    • 16,572 Thanks
    99p
    Morning mad squad,

WARNING

L'Oreal Paris The Golden Radiance Skincare Gift Set For Her

N/A v MrT

Shop late last night Scotland
    I do try to keep up but sometimes life gets in the way.
    I'm just a penny short of a pound. Peace and Love.

I've joined the 5:2 club cos mrT made me eat 1p chocolate.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 7th Dec 17, 6:42 AM
    • 4,224 Posts
    • 86,363 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Morning

Waitrose 'One Day Only' deals for this weekend.

Friday, 9th - Surprise Deal, check back Friday

https://www.waitrose.com/home/christmaswithwaitrose/one-day-only.html?wtrint=1-Content-_-2--_-3--_-4-Sitewidestrip-_-5-SitewideStrip-_-6-29_Nov_17-_-7-Christmas-_-8-OnedayonlyBAU-_-9-Aisle

Saturday, 10th - 2x Bredon Brutt NV Champagne 30

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/OfferDetails?bundleId=OneDayOnlyFizz&wtrint=1-Content-_-2-Christmas2013-_-3-one-day-only-_-4--_-5-hotspot-_-6-odo

Sunday, 11th - all Xmas Crackers half price

http://www.waitrose.com/shop/OfferDetails?bundleId=OneDayOnlyCrackers2017&wtrin t=1-Content-_-2-Christmas2013-_-3-one-day-only-_-4--_-5-hotspot-_-6-odo

• hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 7th Dec 17, 6:50 AM
    • 5,264 Posts
    • 69,451 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Morning all
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 7th Dec 17, 7:01 AM
    • 48,911 Posts
    • 598,503 Thanks
    bubbs
    Morning all
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 7th Dec 17, 7:02 AM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 22,716 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Morning.

Forecast for up here, high winds, storms, snow and ice. OMG! Sounds like it may be winter LMFAO

What an over reaction from media, next thing they are going yo say is that we won't see the sun until after 8am
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 7th Dec 17, 7:23 AM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 41,667 Thanks
    izzy65
    Morning.

Forecast for up here, high winds, storms, snow and ice. OMG! Sounds like it may be winter LMFAO

What an over reaction from media, next thing they are going yo say is that we won't see the sun until after 8am
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Good morning, my dd lives on Skye, 80mph winds is normal, they call it breezy
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 7th Dec 17, 7:24 AM
    • 3,125 Posts
    • 46,006 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Got 16 for each of 1L alcohols for M instead of 15.

13 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda morrisons
    1x Budweiser Lager (24x300) 10.00 N/A
    3x Warburtons Medium White Bread (800g) 3.15 3.00
    1x Smirnoff Premium Vodka (1l) 16.00 16.00
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Brioche Rolls (8pk) 1.19 1.00
    1x Gordon's Special London Dry Gin (1l) 16.00 16.00
    2x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (6pt) 2.96 3.16
    4x ASDA Whole Milk (6pt) 5.92 6.32
    1x Warburtons Crumpets (9pk) 1.35 1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 46.57 46.48
    +0.09 cheaper

But... I don't think this is an indication that they are not working now. This is a receipt I have been holding onto for a few days, in the hope, which hasn't worked, that it would get 15 prices when I finally entered the receipt. I saw they looked like some of the ones on offer at 15 in M. This is a shop that they did on Monday and, clearly by shopping on Monday itself, they shopped before the M prices were updated. I don't think the APG would be failing to pick up everything that changed in price in M on Monday - for example all the milks are picking up last week's M price of 1.58. Can anyone, who didn't shop in Northern Ireland, that has bought milk yesterday, regardless of which competitor they aimed their shop at, confirm that the 1.50 M price is indeed being picked up?

Hopefully the fact the shop I've compared was done before the M prices had been updated bodes well for my own shop. Otherwise, if both milks are still getting 1.58 and several 1L bottles getting 16, either their Ms seem to have changed virtually no SELs on Monday and are completely unlikely mine which all changed or the price collection is still on last Wednesday and update from Monday must be very late indeed.

I hope we are not even on Monday yet, unless the system jumps straight to Wednesday just gone, as I would like the next update to be to Monday and then for the Wednesday collection to be delayed. The Batchelor's Cup A Soups and Slim A Soups that M has (they were 75p on Monday) have gone up to full price in M on Wednesday. However, I notice that they are showing full price on a.com (and msm had already caught that several hours ago) even though they are still going through at 5 for 3 in my A this morning. Today may be the last day of A's offer. With them showing full price, I have bought five of them (maybe should have bought a lot more now I come to think about it), therefore without a Heinz Lentil & Bacon trigger.

However, as I have only seen full price on a.com this morning, the APG may still be on mbuy pricing for A - I am therefore going to wait hopefully until the APG pricing reflects what is on a.com (and hope a.com doesn't suddenly gain its mbuys back just before 6am - but I don't think it should do if it is the last day the Batchelor's are in the offer). I am therefore waiting on my receipt but we also have an M price collection looming that may bring full price M into the system. Hopefully, as I have shopped before the M prices are updated, the M price of 75p may remain on my shop - however I think I need to wait to try to ensure that the A prices are updated before I try to compare the shop. Watch it return the A mbuys and M full price. Otherwise, this could be good and it might last for today if the M prices don't get updated sometime during the day and they have been somewhat delayed of late.

There was also another issue on my shop. I tried the Cadbury Buttons as a potential trigger as it has been reported that that is also a no-show. The only Cadbury Buttons of this weight on a.com are showing "Unavailable" and therefore not linked to the offer. I think there are potentially two versions of Cadbury Buttons available (and also possibly two different versions of Cadbury Freddo that I did not buy or, should there be two, did not buy either of on my shop). The bill at the end, on the SS, seemed wrong but I could not quite work it out. The soups had gone through at 5 for 3 (what kind of A does not have any stock of Cup A Soup Tomato?) but I kept wondering whether I had scanned my crisps correctly. In the end, having pressed the "Cancel items" but then, instead of cancelling anything, scrolled repeatedly up and down through my shop trying to find if I had scanned and was buying the correct number of everything, but I had everything I was supposed to be buying and couldn't work out why the bill was not as expected. I ended up just paying in order to get the receipt and have a look at it. What had happened was the 5 for 1 sweets offer had not come off and I had paid full price. I think it must be my Cadbury Buttons - the shelf was showing 5 for 1 across all the items I'd bought but it did not come off. The shelf also said an individual price of 25p for the Cadbury Buttons but mine scanned at 30p. I therefore suspect - though I could only find one - that there are two versions of Cadbury Buttons 14.4g, one at individual price 25p and in the offer and the other, the one that I bought, at straight 30p. My Cadbury Buttons is BC ending 783974.

The reason I say there may be two versions of Cadbury Freddo is that there are two separate Freddo (we are not talking about Caramel, which is a completely separate version, or two) products on a.com, one of them "Unavailable" and the other with a price and in the mbuy. So, which one of them is invisible?

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-freddo-chocolate-bar/910001452012

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-dairy-milk-freddo-chocolate-bar/910003106423

The first link, as you can see, the product is called "Cadbury Freddo Chocolate Bar 18g" but the picture is of Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo and it has 25p flashed on it. The second product shows Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo but does not have the price on the product. I would not trust them to reflect accurately which one of them appears and which does not. The suggestion would be that the version of the product with the price printed on the wrapper is the trigger. However, as I've just implied, I think relying on the pictures is rather risky. However, it does suggest, from two different descriptions that appear to relate to - from I suspect most people's perspective - the "same product", that there are in fact two (or at least two) different versions, both again with the same weight, on completely different BCs and therefore completely and entirely different products. The average person may think they are the same. (I am obviously not average as I see the products as completely different and not only being pedantic about one being described as "...Dairy Milk...".) However, if there are two, as a.com appears to be picturing two different ones, with the subtle difference between the wrappers, they are each on unique BCs and, with a different BC, it is a different product.

They do this sort of thing when they are downsizing - although this is a different matter and does not relate to the current situation - the downsized version will have a new BC and technically the product has not changed to a lower weight - the previous, higher weight version is being discontinued and no longer being produced, so that it will eventually no longer be available, whilst a new version, with a lower weight, is now the only one being produced and its stocks will eventually take over the older version and become the only one available. In effect, it accomplishes a downsizing but the higher weight product does not change to a lower weight - they are two different products and the higher wieght just eventually becomes unobtainable and then you have to make do with a downsized version, that is not the same product at all but is totally different since it has a different BC.

Completely different products. So, if you want the mbuy to come off on your shop, you should buy Cadbury Buttons 14.4g. And, if you don't want the mbuy to come off, you should instead buy another product, the completely different product called Cadbury Buttons 14.4g.

Finally (for now), is it the case that some people have been buying (what they think is) a Cadbury Freddo bar and having it appear and count as an item and some people buying Cadbury Freddo and not getting it on the comp. - or, even, because of it failing to have enough items when they thought they had bought enough? There may be the answer - two different versions. If people have, or haven't, had Cadbury Freddo appear, having bought it/one version of them, could they let us know the BC of what they bought and specify whether yours appeared - indeed can people be really precise when items like this fail to appear and specify the BC of what you have bought, as it seems there may be more than one version (and if you just buy Cadbury Freddo thinking it won't appear like the last person posted, you might be buying the wrong version for that - a different version that doesn't behave in the same way).

I also tried some potatoes earlier - whether there may or may not be better prices around, we were desperate and just had to buy against M's 2 for 2 this time. I picked up bags of longer BB date of course (I always pick the longest I can see, whilst the stores are wanting the reverse - for the sooner dates to be sold). I thought they were trying to trick me with a new non-appearing version again. I saw a diffferent BC on the bags with the longer dates. Now, which appears on the APG, I thought? How would I know? Then I realised I was picking up the wrong variety entirely. I went back to the White Potatoes, that I should have been buying, sadly not quite as long date (still several days though) but they will be fine.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Morning luvlies, re the Freddos, bought one in a shop last night as a filler and it DID appear on APG. Not price flashed, BC is 9945. Description on APG is

1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g)
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 7th Dec 17, 7:25 AM
    • 3,125 Posts
    • 46,006 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Thanks to izzey re the peanuts, nicely stocked up for Crimbo
    Nanny to 2 Cherubs
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 7th Dec 17, 7:30 AM
    • 4,647 Posts
    • 56,788 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• hampydoodums
    • By hampydoodums 7th Dec 17, 7:41 AM
    • 3,125 Posts
    • 46,006 Thanks
    hampydoodums
    Took several screen shots from the dark side yesterday, will post as pics as youre more likely to notice them skimming through rather than a link

Fat apples

For the cats

For your stuffing or to go with your sprouts TM

Salmon

I grabbed the last 2 on the shelf last night, sel shows 50p

Choccie

Nanny to 2 Cherubs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,283Posts Today

7,125Users online

Martin's Twitter