Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,516Posts
    • 35,711Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 359
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 6th Dec 17, 7:46 AM
    • 2,889 Posts
    • 45,287 Thanks
    elainemn
    Good morning everyone.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Dec 17, 8:00 AM
    • 32,162 Posts
    • 458,029 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning, WonTwo today.
    I somehow missed a free Star Wars T-Shirt on O3 ?
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Hmm disappointed you are.

You've not only let yourself down but you've let me down too.
    Originally posted by 99p
    Baby balloon was trying to get into bed with his mum and dad but just couldn't quite fit, so he let a little bit of air out of his mum and tried again. No he still didn't fit so he let a little bit of air out of his dad.....but no he still couldn't squeeze in the gap so he let a little bit of air out of himself and in he hopped.
    In the morning his dad said to him......Baby balloon I'm very disappointed in you, not only have you let me down, you've let your mother down too but worst of all you've let yourself down.
    Have a lovely day everyone
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    A chuckle to start the day....thank you.

Im also giggling at michaels comment about snap in the shed The only problem is that I think it was me in there with her.....I remember it so well Hope you are ok today snap

Im back to work today with the funeral behind me. I feel the need to start making lists. Feeling a bit disorganised but determined to get Christmas back on track.

Im planning a visit to a pharmacy in my lunchbreak Another small shops crossed off
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 6th Dec 17, 8:02 AM
    • 18,346 Posts
    • 199,890 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, another mild but dull day.

My DD use to work in T xpress years ago and someone came in wearing a motorcycle helmet and when DD opened the cash till they reached over and grabbed some money and ran out. Of course couldnt be identified on the CCTV because they were wearing the helmet. After that, there were notices that ppl had to remove helmets when shopping/paying for goods/fuel/ Should be same rule applied to the veils that cover the face too.
    Cycle helmet doesnt hide your face does it. Stupid security man.
    Originally posted by gocat
    I never wear anything on my head (except earmuffs) when I'm in a shop. I always pull my hood off as soon as I know I'll be on CCTV view as I know its frowned upon not to be able to see facial features. Having worked in retail myself for many years it does feel more threatening when people have head coverings on (helmets included even though they don't hide your face completely)
    Originally posted by simone10
    My cycle helmet covers less of my face than someone wearing a cap, or even a hood, I push it back off my face when I go in a shop. I have worked in retail too, I know what you mean.

The reason why I don't leave it on my bike (which I do when parked in another area)? Once a few years ago I clipped an expensive helmet to my bike when I went shopping in this Ts, came out no more than about 30 minutes later to find the straps had been cut to get it off my lock, and it had obviously been jumped on and then put on my seat. There is a security man out there all the time, asked him what had happened and he simply replied he is not allowed to do anything with minors when outside the shop, and there was this smirking Asian kid, about 10 years old, sitting there watching. I simply picked up my helmet, put it in the bin and left. I was not going to give the kid the pleasure of reacting.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Dec 17, 8:02 AM
    • 32,162 Posts
    • 458,029 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning.

Ending this morning, KP Salted/Dry Roasted 270g nuts, 2.29 each of 2 for 3.50

https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound-3.5/ls88081

Should compare to Tesco/Sainsbobs 1.75 each or
    Waities (and maybe even Morrisons) offer of 2 for 3.50

Works out at 1.03 a bag

Check price going through till in case price drops onto rollback later.

Originally posted by izzeyb
    Trying to visualise the size of these bags

Good for Christmas nipples

Thank you izzey
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 6th Dec 17, 8:02 AM
    • 2,463 Posts
    • 28,183 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning peeps....Still mildish and a blanket of cloud looms overhead....This is the prelude to worse things to come for some....Caroline is on her way to Scotland and Northern England.....bringing with her a lot of wind.....To be expected really.....Maybe a little Xmas snow too

Enjoy your days...
    [U8 Days to go[/U]
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 6th Dec 17, 8:04 AM
    • 32,162 Posts
    • 458,029 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning to all regulars, posters, visitors and last but not least, the lurkers.
    Originally posted by zagubov
    Just been thinking about this zag.

If the lurkers are not the least ones who are?

Better not be the regulars

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • tweets
    • By tweets 6th Dec 17, 8:13 AM
    • 28,141 Posts
    • 414,478 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Morning
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • midwinter
    • By midwinter 6th Dec 17, 8:13 AM
    • 3,532 Posts
    • 70,847 Thanks
    midwinter
    Good morning one & all

Have a very good day everyone.
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open
    • mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 6th Dec 17, 8:23 AM
    • 3,518 Posts
    • 19,244 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good morning beautiful people!
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 6th Dec 17, 8:29 AM
    • 1,728 Posts
    • 22,769 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Scotland invincible and b and h results approx two hours
    • Westvleteren
    • By Westvleteren 6th Dec 17, 8:44 AM
    • 4,178 Posts
    • 91,866 Thanks
    Westvleteren
    I once knelt on a drawing pin.

Now thats pain
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I've done that........ someone put a drawing pin on my seat at primary school I just let out a huge scream (which is so unlike me) The whole class stopped and looked at Just grateful I didn't sit down
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

2017 Walk 4000 miles in a year challenge: Jan: 277.5. Feb:262.6. March 287. April 297.5. May 318. June 132.35

• elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 6th Dec 17, 8:50 AM
    • 4,107 Posts
    • 45,353 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Wednesday.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Dec 17, 8:51 AM
    • 11,888 Posts
    • 136,214 Thanks
    Anon
    Morning, WonTwo today.
    Bother! I missed that too, it was online so should have been easy to claim if we were quick enough .

Anon
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 6th Dec 17, 8:59 AM
    • 18,346 Posts
    • 199,890 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Morning, WonTwo today.
    Damn, haven't even turned my phone on for two days, been too busy working with OH!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • Anon
    • By Anon 6th Dec 17, 9:02 AM
    • 11,888 Posts
    • 136,214 Thanks
    Anon
    Am3x SS Update

If you are London based and playing Am3x SS there is a site of interest https://shopsmallcrawl.com

Someone on the HUKD thread has developed it to highlight stores offering Oyster top ups. Apparently you can withdraw the Oyster balance to your bank .

Caution is required as some stores are charging for using Am3x.

I am not London based do canmot play - there has been no sign or reports of 1stop credits yet ... .

Email notifications of successful shops have started working according to discussions elsewhere.

Hth

Anon
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 6th Dec 17, 9:15 AM
    • 3,393 Posts
    • 33,359 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Am3x SS Update

If you are London based and playing Am3x SS there is a site of interest https://shopsmallcrawl.com

Someone on the HUKD thread has developed it to highlight stores offering Oyster top ups. Apparently you can withdraw the Oyster balance to your bank .

Caution is required as some stores are charging for using Am3x.

I am not London based do canmot play - there has been no sign or reports of 1stop credits yet ... .

Email notifications of successful shops have started working according to discussions elsewhere.

Hth

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Good morning everyone. Anon, thank you so much for this. I have a trip to London coming up! And round me the small shops are not very good apart from my hairdresser.

Update: nothing very near Euston, though it will prompt me to go for a short walk to the two nearest shops. Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by Picasso7; 06-12-2017 at 9:36 AM.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 6th Dec 17, 9:16 AM
    • 3,393 Posts
    • 33,359 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I've just bought myself one of these for my daily walks. This colour is only 1.32 inc P&P. Not sure I'll have the nerve to wear it, but would be great for keeping warm whilst wombling too.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NJIKOPQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    That is clearly an error. Decided to buy some for our homeless shelter but as soon as you add more than one, it charges quite a lot for postage. So I bought some individually. Thank you, simone.
    • gocat
    • By gocat 6th Dec 17, 9:16 AM
    • 4,698 Posts
    • 56,108 Thanks
    gocat
    That could be handy for scaring the bigger doggies away from my little doggie
    Tessa doesnt like any dogs that are bigger than her. Even friendly labs
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 6th Dec 17, 9:20 AM
    • 3,393 Posts
    • 33,359 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Scotland

Oh no cut carbs down
    Vut D deficiency must come with diabetes then i was given mine on prescription along with folic acid
    Don't know if you know i had really good results 2 weeks ago
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Thanks Bubbs. I am and I have been doing. I think it went up again (though not as bad as last year) because RL has been crazily stressful and I have been sleeping badly. There is a lot of stuff online about how short nights increases the chance of diabetes. Do you remember the kitchenware glitch some time ago? I bought a spiralizer for 99p (plus oven gloves I think) and have been using it for courgettes instead of normal spaghetti and I really like it. Much better than the pre-spiralized veg which I get when it is whoopsied to 10p.

Delighted you had good results a fortnight ago. I've not been keeping up well with this thread recently.
    • MKS
    • By MKS 6th Dec 17, 9:22 AM
    • 9,515 Posts
    • 148,377 Thanks
    MKS
    I've just bought myself one of these for my daily walks. This colour is only 1.32 inc P&P. Not sure I'll have the nerve to wear it, but would be great for keeping warm whilst wombling too.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NJIKOPQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Will come in handy for the allotment! Thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

996Posts Today

5,829Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin