Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,518Posts
    • 35,716Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 357
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 5th Dec 17, 10:08 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 9,941 Thanks
    N6CNH
    Just a quick note to say bourbons are on roll back at 0.35
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 5th Dec 17, 10:09 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 9,941 Thanks
    N6CNH
    Is that the movie night one? I saw one in b&m todah and wanted to get it as a gift.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 5th Dec 17, 10:09 PM
    • 18,357 Posts
    • 199,977 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    I've just bought myself one of these for my daily walks. This colour is only 1.32 inc P&P. Not sure I'll have the nerve to wear it, but would be great for keeping warm whilst wombling too.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NJIKOPQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Originally posted by simone10
    Good luck with that

I was once told off for wearing my cycle helmet in T's, I had a bit of a bicker with the security guard because there was two people in there in the full black Islamic dress including full veil, he reckoned it was a religious thing, I told him the Koran does not require it and only asks that women dress modestly, and it was a choice, and I chose to wear my helmet to avoid hurting people with it jn the store and avoid having it destroyed by someone when i leave it hanging on my bike, then walked out having already done my shopping.

I FB'd T's when I got home and they said that I could wear my helmet in store, so I did so the following week, walked past the same guard, and he went red, think I annoyed him
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • gocat
    • By gocat 5th Dec 17, 10:16 PM
    • 4,698 Posts
    • 56,111 Thanks
    gocat
    Good luck with that

I was once told off for wearing my cycle helmet in T's, I had a bit of a bicker with the security guard because there was two people in there in the full black Islamic dress including full veil, he reckoned it was a religious thing, I told him the Koran does not require it and only asks that women dress modestly, and it was a choice, and I chose to wear my helmet to avoid hurting people with it jn the store and avoid having it destroyed by someone when i leave it hanging on my bike, then walked out having already done my shopping.

I FB'd T's when I got home and they said that I could wear my helmet in store, so I did so the following week, walked past the same guard, and he went red, think I annoyed him
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    My DD use to work in T xpress years ago and someone came in wearing a motorcycle helmet and when DD opened the cash till they reached over and grabbed some money and ran out. Of course couldnt be identified on the CCTV because they were wearing the helmet. After that, there were notices that ppl had to remove helmets when shopping/paying for goods/fuel/ Should be same rule applied to the veils that cover the face too.
    Cycle helmet doesnt hide your face does it. Stupid security man.
    Last edited by gocat; 05-12-2017 at 10:18 PM.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 5th Dec 17, 10:17 PM
    • 14,175 Posts
    • 247,772 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    I once knelt on a drawing pin.

Now thats pain
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    ouch

I can feel that - when we was children we were playing in a friend's Dad's shed that was strictly Off Bounds ....

I knocked a garden fork (large size) off its hook on the wall & it fell down & embedded a good 2" into my heel - I had to pull it out
    The Mum said it served me right for being in there

My Mum had to take me to the Cottage Hospital in Horley. My main worry was having to take off my jumper to have a tetanus jab as I had nothing on underneath
    Never mind the cleaning of wound & stitches
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 5th Dec 17, 10:20 PM
    • 16,442 Posts
    • 279,397 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Free fiver on Amazon using the app -

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/get-a-5-promo-code-with-the-amazon-app-2848544
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • gocat
    • By gocat 5th Dec 17, 10:22 PM
    • 4,698 Posts
    • 56,111 Thanks
    gocat
    I've just bought myself one of these for my daily walks. This colour is only 1.32 inc P&P. Not sure I'll have the nerve to wear it, but would be great for keeping warm whilst wombling too.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NJIKOPQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Originally posted by simone10
    Saw them earlier and was sort of tempted lol. I usually wear something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Empress-Multifunctional-Neckwarm-Motorcyle-neckwarmer/dp/B076NXJSJX/ref=sr_1_7?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1512511317&sr=1-7&keywords=biker+scarf
    and pull it up over my mouth n nose. I feel silly enough doing that, so goodness know how I would feel with the balaclava lol
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 5th Dec 17, 10:22 PM
    • 2,627 Posts
    • 35,713 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Scotland/England again then
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Can the kiddies bring some back on their next unsupervised outing?

Good evening Elite. Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. Great to see some more long-losters popping by!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 5th Dec 17, 10:26 PM
    • 2,676 Posts
    • 37,560 Thanks
    Claire1972
    Oh what, did you do?
    Originally posted by pippo
    Dropped a glass jar on it. I cant upgrade until March its driving me mad already x
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Dec 17, 10:27 PM
    • 25,219 Posts
    • 309,551 Thanks
    davemorton
    Cant get it to work.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 5th Dec 17, 10:27 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 9,941 Thanks
    N6CNH
    picked up a womble dated 09/11 not sure if it's still relevant in the terms of APG. Can't remember if they compare that price or todays prices. Let me know if it's any use.

Either way here's one from today v M
    1x ASDA Italian Spaghetti & Meatballs (450g) 2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Italian Beef Lasagne (450g) 2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Little Angels Moisture Rich Baby Bath (500ml) 0.87 N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) 1.09 1.10
    1x ASDA Pomegranate & Raspberry Leaf Washing Up Liquid (500ml) 0.50 N/A
    1x Pot Noodle Chicken & Mushroom (90g) 0.50 0.75
    1x ASDA Little Angels Sensitive Cotton Soft Baby Wipes 0+ Months (64pk) 0.55 0.56
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mozzarella Cheese (125g) 0.47 0.47
    1x HiPP Organic Sweet Squash & Chicken Baby Food Jar 4m+ (125g) 0.70 0.72
    1x ASDA Garlic & Herb Flatbread (245g) 1.50 1.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price 8 Pork Sausage Rolls (480g) 1.10 1.00
    1x ASDA Cookie Pie (each) 3.00 N/A
    1x Wagon Wheels Original (6pk) 0.75 1.00
    1x ASDA Chosen By Kids Bangers & Beans Pie (300g) 1.75 N/A
    1x ASDA Italian Tuna Conchiglie Bake (450g) 2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price No Added Sugar Apple & Blackcurrant Double Strength Squash (750ml) 0.42 N/A
    • pippo
    • By pippo 5th Dec 17, 10:29 PM
    • 2,814 Posts
    • 30,329 Thanks
    pippo

Evening Llovelies

Exhausting but productive day

Radio therapy course of 6 weeks, including a chemo alternative starting asap.
    Mask needs to be made, an MRI to be done with diazepam taken.
    PEG to be fitted..
    All happening hopefully this week in Cardiff....

She will be staying in a self help centre nearby for the 6 weeks

Cancer has grown so much that if she doesn't do this now it will be too late

Oh & Father Christmas turned up & gave everyone Montezuma chocolates

and breathe
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    And keep on breathing..........
    so hope you have positive outcomes
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost 9.24
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 5th Dec 17, 10:30 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 9,941 Thanks
    N6CNH
    Can the kiddies bring some back on their next unsupervised outing?

Good evening Elite. Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so. Great to see some more long-losters popping by!
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    It's nice to be here... Nice to see the board still moves as fast too ;-)

OH admitted on the A run that she'd actually missed this... WHAT ON EARTH even planning on setting alarms to check during the middle of the night. I'm scared.
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 5th Dec 17, 10:32 PM
    • 949 Posts
    • 9,941 Thanks
    N6CNH
    Saw them earlier and was sort of tempted lol. I usually wear something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Empress-Multifunctional-Neckwarm-Motorcyle-neckwarmer/dp/B076NXJSJX/ref=sr_1_7?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1512511317&sr=1-7&keywords=biker+scarf
    and pull it up over my mouth n nose. I feel silly enough doing that, so goodness know how I would feel with the balaclava lol
    Originally posted by gocat
    Guess you could look scarier... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tubular-Protective-Motorcycle-Polyester-Snowboard/dp/B00NBNV3OU/ref=pd_sim_200_6/259-2273231-4176900?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VH5917K3BDHKEG 30BWK2
    • pippo
    • By pippo 5th Dec 17, 10:35 PM
    • 2,814 Posts
    • 30,329 Thanks
    pippo
    ouch

I can feel that - when we was children we were playing in a friend's Dad's shed that was strictly Off Bounds ....

I knocked a garden fork (large size) off its hook on the wall & it fell down & embedded a good 2" into my heel - I had to pull it out
    The Mum said it served me right for being in there

My Mum had to take me to the Cottage Hospital in Horley. My main worry was having to take off my jumper to have a tetanus jab as I had nothing on underneath
    Never mind the cleaning of wound & stitches
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    In my 'yoof' as a student in Leeds I worked in a bar and after serving George Chisholm (are you old enough to remember him) I cut my knee on a glass - tetanus jab in the arm, couldn't move for 5 days!
    • pippo
    • By pippo 5th Dec 17, 10:38 PM
    • 2,814 Posts
    • 30,329 Thanks
    pippo
    Dropped a glass jar on it. I cant upgrade until March its driving me mad already x
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    Oh beggar!
    It's only in the last month or two that I have relied on my phone so much, but I feel your pain... Any insurance that you can use?
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Dec 17, 10:40 PM
    • 32,179 Posts
    • 458,271 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    It's nice to be here... Nice to see the board still moves as fast too ;-)

OH admitted on the A run that she'd actually missed this... WHAT ON EARTH even planning on setting alarms to check during the middle of the night. I'm scared.
    Originally posted by N6CNH
    You havent changed
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • simone10
    • By simone10 5th Dec 17, 10:40 PM
    • 950 Posts
    • 12,593 Thanks
    simone10
    I agree not wearing this inside
    Good luck with that

Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I never wear anything on my head (except earmuffs) when I'm in a shop. I always pull my hood off as soon as I know I'll be on CCTV view as I know its frowned upon not to be able to see facial features. Having worked in retail myself for many years it does feel more threatening when people have head coverings on (helmets included even though they don't hide your face completely)
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 5th Dec 17, 10:42 PM
    • 2,676 Posts
    • 37,560 Thanks
    Claire1972
    Oh beggar!
    It's only in the last month or two that I have relied on my phone so much, but I feel your pain... Any insurance that you can use?
    Originally posted by pippo
    No insurance,I only took the screen protector off the night before as it had a crack in it and I ordered myself a new one. Aargh
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • simone10
    • By simone10 5th Dec 17, 10:42 PM
    • 950 Posts
    • 12,593 Thanks
    simone10
    Improvement
    That's actually an improvement on my own teeth
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

212Posts Today

1,251Users online

Martin's Twitter