Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,516Posts
    • 35,710Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 356
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 9:21 PM
    • 48,996 Posts
    • 599,140 Thanks
    bubbs
    I know I was warned about the t bags but the gift sets compared to Sainsbury's and not tesco

1x Tetley Original Tea Bags (240pk) 6.39 4.00
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.10 N/A
    0.11x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.08 0.08
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g) 0.25 0.25
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.10 0.10
    1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 0.35 0.25
    1x ASDA Chosen By You White Chocolate Buttons (30g) 0.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Ice Cream Sundaes (50g) 0.25 N/A
    3x L'Oreal Men Expert Invincible Sport Gift Set For Him (each) 18.00 12.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 25.17 16.68
    +8.49 cheaper
    For your information:
    Asda Price Guarantee comparisons are based on prices correct as of date of delivery (online shoppers) or date of purchase (in store customers).
    Where a product comparison price is N/A, either, a) the independent agencies that collect the price data have not found an equivalent product at the named competitor, based on the comparison criteria (see Terms & Conditions) ; or b) the product is part of a particular promotion which makes it difficult for a fair comparison to be made (see Terms & Conditions).
    Comparisons are limited to a maximum of 10 items per product and 10Kg for items sold by weight.
    All prices displayed in red are net of any multibuys savings or discounts. For example items that are 1.47 each which are part of a "2 for 2.50" promotion will be shown at 1.25 each where the customer buys the required quantity. They may therefore be a different price to that shown on your receipt or delivery note.
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    Was posted that was only working in Scotland a few times
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 7lb week 38
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 5th Dec 17, 9:22 PM
    • 944 Posts
    • 9,863 Thanks
    N6CNH
    Best go get out of my jammies!

I've some wombles to spend anyway.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    • 48,996 Posts
    • 599,140 Thanks
    bubbs
    3dogs
    Hope you are ok?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 7lb week 38
    • Anon
    • By Anon 5th Dec 17, 9:25 PM
    • 11,883 Posts
    • 136,183 Thanks
    Anon
    Until you walk barefoot through a room with it all over the floor
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    What do you mean until - it is a regular occurrence in chez Anon .

Kneeling on it is worse though .

Anon
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 5th Dec 17, 9:25 PM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 16,459 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    You are still a stage nearer than me - I was rejected .

We would have loved to test Lego - we love Lego in our house .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Me too, I love it when the gc come round and we get the Lego out. It's so different from the Lego we had as children
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 5th Dec 17, 9:31 PM
    • 14,173 Posts
    • 247,734 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Evening Llovelies

Exhausting but productive day

Radio therapy course of 6 weeks, including a chemo alternative starting asap.
    Mask needs to be made, an MRI to be done with diazepam taken.
    PEG to be fitted..
    All happening hopefully this week in Cardiff....

She will be staying in a self help centre nearby for the 6 weeks

Cancer has grown so much that if she doesn't do this now it will be too late

Oh & Father Christmas turned up & gave everyone Montezuma chocolates

and breathe
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 5th Dec 17, 9:31 PM
    • 2,674 Posts
    • 37,548 Thanks
    Claire1972
    Was posted that was only working in Scotland a few times
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I went to Scotland bubbs! Ha ha. I still got a tenner back x
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 5th Dec 17, 9:33 PM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 16,459 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Been there done that, my ds has forbade me from getting rid of his lego, not that I would, he still gets a small set in his stocking, he's 31😂
    Originally posted by izzy65
    I have decorated 25 small brown envelopes with silver & gold Christmas stickers, put a chocolate and piece of Lego in each, they are hung up on a long piece of red string with Christmas pegs for my 25yr old ds2. It's a set from the DM deal ages ago. He's loving it
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 5th Dec 17, 9:33 PM
    • 13,382 Posts
    • 145,101 Thanks
    3Dogs
    3dogs
    Hope you are ok?
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Yes thank you bubbs. Been very busy with my two nights out with Ravenswood ladies, picking Rosie up on Saturday, driving down to Kit's in Portsmouth yesterday, out with Steve shopping today, hair cut and shopping tomorrow, picking bedding donations up from Essex on way home on Thursday then another evening do, with dinner, that night, and then on Friday I am driving up to Rochdale with those donations as lorry going out to Romania next week. The lady who runs the lorries (at her own cost) has two pallets of dog food for Juliana. She always supports her with free food and other things ♥
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 18, Nov 19, Dec 7/16

3for2 list is post 210, Fillers are 211-214
    • gocat
    • By gocat 5th Dec 17, 9:39 PM
    • 4,697 Posts
    • 56,094 Thanks
    gocat
    Principles aside, you would still have 10 goods for 6.50.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    The printing paper was overpriced anyway. HP 4.99 for I think 500 pages Might go back and get some frozen food when I have room in the freezer, and some cleaning stuff. That didnt look tooo over priced.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 5th Dec 17, 9:40 PM
    • 18,345 Posts
    • 199,882 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C

Evening Llovelies

Exhausting but productive day

Radio therapy course of 6 weeks, including a chemo alternative starting asap.
    Mask needs to be made, an MRI to be done with diazepam taken.
    PEG to be fitted..
    All happening hopefully this week in Cardiff....

She will be staying in a self help centre nearby for the 6 weeks

Cancer has grown so much that if she doesn't do this now it will be too late

Oh & Father Christmas turned up & gave everyone Montezuma chocolates

and breathe
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    At least she is now doing the right thing, will remember her in my prayers.

As for Montezuma chocolates, in my day that was when we gave people laxative chocolates

As for lego, we still have a out half a ton of it in the attic, and I have my own lego to make up the Starship Enterprise, and the lego sourced from the same guy that made the lego Christmas tree at St Pancras in 2011, and the instructions off the internet
    Last edited by Enterprise 1701C; 05-12-2017 at 9:44 PM.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • pippo
    • By pippo 5th Dec 17, 9:42 PM
    • 2,814 Posts
    • 30,329 Thanks
    pippo
    annoyed with myself today smashed my iPhone screen
    Oh what, did you do?
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost 9.24
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 5th Dec 17, 9:50 PM
    • 2,705 Posts
    • 34,638 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    annoyed with myself today smashed my iPhone screen
    Oh what, did you do?
    Originally posted by pippo
    Hmmmm
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 5th Dec 17, 9:54 PM
    • 2,489 Posts
    • 41,677 Thanks
    izzy65
    I have decorated 25 small brown envelopes with silver & gold Christmas stickers, put a chocolate and piece of Lego in each, they are hung up on a long piece of red string with Christmas pegs for my 25yr old ds2. It's a set from the DM deal ages ago. He's loving it
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    That's a lovely idea, doesn't seem quite right if my Christmas list doesn't have lego on it
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • pepper77
    • By pepper77 5th Dec 17, 9:54 PM
    • 896 Posts
    • 3,140 Thanks
    pepper77
    6 items (4 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda sainsbury's
    3x L'Oreal Men Expert Invincible Sport Gift Set For Him (each) 18.00 12.00
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) 0.10 N/A
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.11 N/A
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) 0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) 0.20 0.25
    1x ASDA Coarse Ardennes Pate (200g) 1.00 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 N/A

Comparison total (compared products only) 18.40 12.45
    +5.95 cheaper
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Dec 17, 9:55 PM
    • 25,207 Posts
    • 309,450 Thanks
    davemorton
    Arrgg!! Been waiting to order a Tile from Amazon, then watching a TV program tonight, and they were on there, so thought I best get my harris into gear and buy it. Added it to my basket, looked about amazon for a couple of other things to buy, and then the badger has sold out, and gone up 7!! I had a 6 off voucher to use on it too, grrr. Darn TV!
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 5th Dec 17, 9:55 PM
    • 15,058 Posts
    • 186,429 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Good morning peeps....Little late but better late than never....Up an at em early this morning...Just fitting some door stops.....Last job before Xmas....House has taken good shape in the last few months...I'm nearly there....Only have to re-paint the bedrooms...Quick job...last big job inside is to complete the downstairs bathroom....I need to completely fit it out...Going to make it more of a shower room with toilet and sink as I already have a bath in the upstairs bathroom...

Plenty to do.....I will need another project before much longer....

Have great days too .....
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    You can come and sort my house out... it is a blank canvas... it still needs the plaster board!

Here is my tree

Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    SSM do not comment about the size... be good... behave!
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car 450.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Dec 17, 9:57 PM
    • 32,144 Posts
    • 457,917 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    What do you mean until - it is a regular occurrence in chez Anon .

Kneeling on it is worse though .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I once knelt on a drawing pin.

Now thats pain
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • simone10
    • By simone10 5th Dec 17, 9:59 PM
    • 950 Posts
    • 12,593 Thanks
    simone10
    I've just bought myself one of these for my daily walks. This colour is only 1.32 inc P&P. Not sure I'll have the nerve to wear it, but would be great for keeping warm whilst wombling too.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NJIKOPQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 5th Dec 17, 10:04 PM
    • 4,659 Posts
    • 56,916 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    My DD is a happy bunny, very pleased with 6 x popcorn multipacks which I gave her for the children's next movie night, and a Dove washbag which is not only handy for her 2-day work conference later this week, but even more useful as she finished her last deodorant this morning.

Parcels posted, just two heavy ones left to drop off at a collection point tomorrow. I had to get extra strong outer wraps, a roll of dark blue, heavy duty ''rubble bags'' from HB was perfect for this (99p.)

One card left to get, and it needs to be special.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,720Posts Today

5,970Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin