Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,513Posts
    • 35,708Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 355
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Dec 17, 8:30 PM
    • 32,128 Posts
    • 457,813 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Well I’ve made a start with the small shops

So far I’ve done

2 Royal Canin cat food shops
    2 chicken shops from a butcher in Durham
    2 gift shop shops from !!!!!!!.....you must visit DM.....there’s stuff for your gin hamper.
    Gin Soap
    Gin bath fizz
    Gin bath salts etc

All about 5 each but beautifully packaged

I also popped in a local pharmacy who had signs up all over the place saying they were as cheap as Tesco and maybe so but there was no point me buying more shower gel etc and I didn’t see much else.

Nigella is getting on my nerves
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Dec 17, 8:31 PM
    • 25,204 Posts
    • 309,421 Thanks
    davemorton
    Well Ive made a start with the small shops

So far Ive done

2 Royal Canin cat food shops
    2 chicken shops from a butcher in Durham
    2 gift shop shops from !!!!!!!.....you must visit DM.....theres stuff for your gin hamper.
    Gin Soap
    Gin bath fizz
    Gin bath salts etc

All about 5 each but beautifully packaged

I also popped in a local pharmacy who had signs up all over the place saying they were as cheap as Tesco and maybe so but there was no point me buying more shower gel etc and I didnt see much else.

Nigella is getting on my nerves
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Come on, spell it out
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Dec 17, 8:34 PM
    • 32,128 Posts
    • 457,813 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Havent a clue why its banned

M u g w u m p.
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 5th Dec 17, 8:41 PM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 41,667 Thanks
    izzy65
    Still not caught up - 45 mins on hold to Debenhams to process a refund, caustic email sent!!
    A's B&H shop says not 8 items .. is that just me? If it is they are going back tomorrow!! (Then I'll buy them again with extras!). I bought 2 types of B&H 5 different choc bars, parsnips and popcorn.
    And only got a prize draw ticket for my droid payment.
    Originally posted by pippo
    If you bought the trigger it doesn't count, got caught out too

Evening elite, I was accepted onto the Argos testers panel but have never received an email😥
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    Nor me😢
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 5th Dec 17, 8:44 PM
    • 3,904 Posts
    • 58,307 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    I’d appreciate it if anyone can offer any advice on MIL’s situation please. The hospital are suggesting she will be ready to go home in a couple of days time. She is 82 years old, has just had major surgery and was widowed less than a month ago. Should anything be happening before she is released - should her home be assessed or anything like that first?
    Sorry if this is a daft or nave question but we have no experience of anything like this and have no clue what to expect.
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Tell hospital MILs hospital a full social services assessment and a care package needs to be put in place ie carers. Don't know what the op was but might need emergency call putt on, key safe by front door so people can let themselves in, raised toilet seat, definitely a risk assessment done. Dad had all this put in place in 3 days then once home decided he would prefer to go into nursing home. I believe once you ask for these things she can't be discharged without them being done. Trouble is the older generation are so desperate to get home they just say 'oh family just round corner will look after me' and no one questions it.

Sure you have had advice by those more currently in the know by now but must stick to your guns.

Hth

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 232.63 Total
    • Anon
    • By Anon 5th Dec 17, 8:53 PM
    • 11,875 Posts
    • 136,103 Thanks
    Anon
    Evening elite, I was accepted onto the Argos testers panel but have never received an email😥
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    You are still a stage nearer than me - I was rejected .

We would have loved to test Lego - we love Lego in our house .

Anon
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Dec 17, 9:00 PM
    • 32,128 Posts
    • 457,813 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Until you walk barefoot through a room with it all over the floor
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • lj*
    • By lj* 5th Dec 17, 9:01 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 1,762 Thanks
    lj*
    Originally Posted by gocat
    Well went to my local shop n save shop which is on the small shops amex list. Bought some printing paper there and few bits to make it 10. Went to pay, and they say we dont accept amex. I said oh will leave it then. Then they pointed to a sign and said you can use amex but it cost 1.50. Anyone else had this. Needless to say I declined

This might have been because Amex charge shops 5% which is a lot higher than for other card payments. Very difficult for small shops
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 5th Dec 17, 9:02 PM
    • 2,488 Posts
    • 41,667 Thanks
    izzy65
    Until you walk barefoot through a room with it all over the floor
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Been there done that, my ds has forbade me from getting rid of his lego, not that I would, he still gets a small set in his stocking, he's 31😂
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • spud01
    • By spud01 5th Dec 17, 9:03 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 2,720 Thanks
    spud01
    On my diet, I have been through the stage of eating whole cucumbers, usually whilst driving along the M1..... it is dangerous!

One which was set up pre my introduction to the Elite.

She was rather nice.

I have met 2 other glitching ladies... one Morrison's biscuit isle, one at the tills (only a few weeks ago), and this lady.
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    I may have been the one at the tills a few weeks ago I think, were you buying razor blades?
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 5th Dec 17, 9:06 PM
    • 931 Posts
    • 9,786 Thanks
    N6CNH
    It's been years but went on a bit of a yellow sticker hunt yesterday for a change and thought about the ELITE. So glad to see the community (and so many of its familiar faces) still exist.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    • 32,128 Posts
    • 457,813 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    It's been years but went on a bit of a yellow sticker hunt yesterday for a change and thought about the ELITE. So glad to see the community (and so many of its familiar faces) still exist.
    Originally posted by N6CNH
    Well bless my soul

How are you doing

Have you bought any gift sets yet is the question?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    • 25,204 Posts
    • 309,421 Thanks
    davemorton

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Its really strange. I have not been offered anything since the coffee machine, and with all the lego that has been on HUKD, I was really fancying making a lego set up to re-live my yoof, but could not bring myself to spend on one. Would have preferred a normal set to a technical one, but hey.
    Its a set that isnt released until after xmas.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Dec 17, 9:11 PM
    • 32,128 Posts
    • 457,813 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Been there done that, my ds has forbade me from getting rid of his lego, not that I would, he still gets a small set in his stocking, he's 31😂
    Originally posted by izzy65
    The pain I remember it well
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 5th Dec 17, 9:15 PM
    • 2,674 Posts
    • 37,548 Thanks
    Claire1972
    I know I was warned about the t bags but the gift sets compared to Sainsbury's and not tesco

1x Tetley Original Tea Bags (240pk) 6.39 4.00
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.10 N/A
    0.11x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.08 0.08
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g) 0.25 0.25
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.10 0.10
    1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 0.35 0.25
    1x ASDA Chosen By You White Chocolate Buttons (30g) 0.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Ice Cream Sundaes (50g) 0.25 N/A
    3x L'Oreal Men Expert Invincible Sport Gift Set For Him (each) 18.00 12.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 25.17 16.68
    +8.49 cheaper
    For your information:
    Asda Price Guarantee comparisons are based on prices correct as of date of delivery (online shoppers) or date of purchase (in store customers).
    Where a product comparison price is N/A, either, a) the independent agencies that collect the price data have not found an equivalent product at the named competitor, based on the comparison criteria (see Terms & Conditions) ; or b) the product is part of a particular promotion which makes it difficult for a fair comparison to be made (see Terms & Conditions).
    Comparisons are limited to a maximum of 10 items per product and 10Kg for items sold by weight.
    All prices displayed in red are net of any multibuys savings or discounts. For example items that are 1.47 each which are part of a "2 for 2.50" promotion will be shown at 1.25 each where the customer buys the required quantity. They may therefore be a different price to that shown on your receipt or delivery note.
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 5th Dec 17, 9:15 PM
    • 4,235 Posts
    • 86,533 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Asda have an offer on 50/50 Kingsmill Loaf (medium and thick sliced) 1.00.

Get a pack of 50/50 sandwich thins (75p) FREE with the loaf for 1

Probably won't be signed up properly in every store or might just say offer.

Says while stocks last.
    Last edited by izzeyb; 06-12-2017 at 7:07 AM.
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 5th Dec 17, 9:16 PM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 16,459 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Just had a look but says program is full from google link

Had about 5 empty hsbc envelopes, and 3 you can not do any more envelopes now and one costa 3 plus a greggs 3 and an m&s 3 - where have all the big prizes gone?
    Originally posted by michaels
    Thank you for looking
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • N6CNH
    • By N6CNH 5th Dec 17, 9:17 PM
    • 931 Posts
    • 9,786 Thanks
    N6CNH
    How many pages do I need to go back to learn more about said gift sets

I'm sure OH has missed us running to A at midnight for things I absolutely *must* have
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Dec 17, 9:20 PM
    • 32,128 Posts
    • 457,813 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

I'm sure OH has missed us running to A at midnight for things I absolutely *must* have
    Check 3 dogs post 210 and dont forget your fillers
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 5th Dec 17, 9:21 PM
    • 13,380 Posts
    • 145,057 Thanks
    3Dogs

Its all on post 210 N6CNH
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 18, Nov 19, Dec 7/16

3for2 list is post 210, Fillers are 211-214
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,962Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter