Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,516Posts
    • 35,709Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 352
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 5th Dec 17, 5:20 PM
    • 9,690 Posts
    • 112,569 Thanks
    emerald21
    Meant to say in the Woman magazine dated 11th of Dec there s a free hot drink and mince pie from guess where lol ...... Greggs
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 5th Dec 17, 5:24 PM
    • 2,462 Posts
    • 28,178 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Lovely but theres something missing
    Its got 4 paws and would look lovely by the tree.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    He was in the long shot...

9 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Dec 17, 5:26 PM
    • 32,130 Posts
    • 457,835 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning all

Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Oooh....its mr and Mrs mac
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 5th Dec 17, 5:28 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 1,273 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    Hi BH 2.5p each
    Originally posted by 99p
    It's flamin' ridiculous that T's keep putting their prices down...........
    I'm now going to have to get some more.
    Oh, woe is me.....
    • pippo
    • By pippo 5th Dec 17, 5:29 PM
    • 2,814 Posts
    • 30,329 Thanks
    pippo
    Oh I don't envy you, they become like children, my dad became naughty, well we both have a bit of a wicked sense of humour and he pushed his to the limits at times. I remember the crossroads lady going to sit with him one day so my mum could go out for a couple of hours, she went to get my mum's washing in and whilst she was in the garden my dad got up, he could hardly walk because of the Parkinson's, went across two rooms to the drinks cabinet and poured himself a large glayva
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    Bless him!! I hope he enjoyed it!
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost 9.24
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 5th Dec 17, 5:34 PM
    • 1,416 Posts
    • 16,016 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Never mind the s senior citizens bit what day is it on pls lol Nellie are you up for it
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Hi em, looks like it was today
    Has she ? Welcome to the club bubbs . Nellie wont be long either now
    Oh I've got a couple more years to go yet
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 5th Dec 17, 5:34 PM
    • 32,130 Posts
    • 457,835 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    He was in the long shot...

Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Just perfect.

Just catching up on the breakfast bars zippy.....had I been around I would have gone for those. Mr TM takes them out on his bike.

Unfortunately I’ve just been buying stuff willy nilly again.

I don’t know what’s wrong with me

Expensive bread again in Marksies

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Chrisv
    • By Chrisv 5th Dec 17, 5:36 PM
    • 3,816 Posts
    • 73,797 Thanks
    Chrisv
    Oh thank you I need t bags x
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    Careful Claire, Tetley offer ends today in Tesco - might roll over, best to check tomorrow.
    Not wanting something is as good as possessing it Donald Horban
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Dec 17, 5:37 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,468 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Thanks savvy are these the multi pack flavour or just the salt and vinegar x
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    All versions of this range are multipacks but I know what you mean - they are just Salt & Vinegar: 6x25g packs of Walkers Baked Salt & Vinegar in the one bag.

(You mean are they the Walker's Baked Variety pack? No, they are not - that is a no-go as far as triggering is concerned - it is fully in stock - but it might be bought with EITHER (not both!) the Baked Salt & Vinegar or the Ketchup Crisps, and will appear and hopefully compare, only against M at 1 now as T's offer has ended. You'll want 3 for 3, obviously, and be careful on versions of Baked Crisps vs attempt against M, and indeed on the standard 6 pack Walkers crisps too, as M does not have all versions that A has. For instance, I saw a Walkers Pickled Onion 6 pack crisps winking at me last time I tried to find another standard 6 pack crisps I wanted, trying to trip me up. I wasn't having it - I do not have that one anywhere in M - even though it took me some time to find the Cheese & Onion flavour that I actually wanted: eventually I found it, one multipack left, on the bottom of another shelf. Ritz Bakefuls Salt & Vinegar only or the comparable Jacob's Cheddars/Cheddars Crispy Thins might be better items vs M due to higher individual price in A. Or the Kettle Bites, 1.89 individual A price, in twos - hopefully one of each of the versions of those that A has online will pick up M pricing.)
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 05-12-2017 at 5:46 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Dec 17, 5:55 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,468 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Of course you don't have to target M (and can't do so if you are shopping in Northern Ireland). You could buy the right Sunbites or, worse, Walkers standard crisps multipacks that are in A's offer and that S has at 1 each, together with Baked Salt & Vinegar 6x25g, with Muller Rices and Lights that Sains has at 35p and the Christmas Bakery trigger, and the crisps/snacks might glitch too.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.

• Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 5th Dec 17, 5:57 PM
    • 2,674 Posts
    • 37,548 Thanks
    Claire1972
    Careful Claire, Tetley offer ends today in Tesco - might roll over, best to check tomorrow.
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    Will do thanks x
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 5th Dec 17, 5:59 PM
    • 16,439 Posts
    • 279,362 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Evening folks
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 5th Dec 17, 6:00 PM
    • 2,674 Posts
    • 37,548 Thanks
    Claire1972
    All versions of this range are multipacks but I know what you mean - they are just Salt & Vinegar: 6x25g packs of Walkers Baked Salt & Vinegar in the one bag.

(You mean are they the Walker's Baked Variety pack? No, they are not - that is a no-go as far as triggering is concerned - it is fully in stock - but it might be bought with EITHER (not both!) the Baked Salt & Vinegar or the Ketchup Crisps, and will appear and hopefully compare, only against M at 1 now as T's offer has ended. You'll want 3 for 3, obviously, and be careful on versions of Baked Crisps vs attempt against M, and indeed on the standard 6 pack Walkers crisps too, as M does not have all versions that A has. For instance, I saw a Walkers Pickled Onion 6 pack crisps winking at me last time I tried to find another standard 6 pack crisps I wanted, trying to trip me up. I wasn't having it - I do not have that one anywhere in M - even though it took me some time to find the Cheese & Onion flavour that I actually wanted: eventually I found it, one multipack left, on the bottom of another shelf. Ritz Bakefuls Salt & Vinegar only or the comparable Jacob's Cheddars/Cheddars Crispy Thins might be better items vs M due to higher individual price in A. Or the Kettle Bites, 1.89 individual A price, in twos - hopefully one of each of the versions of those that A has online will pick up M pricing.)
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Thanking you savvy xx
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 5th Dec 17, 6:02 PM
    • 2,674 Posts
    • 37,548 Thanks
    Claire1972
    annoyed with myself today smashed my iPhone screen
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Dec 17, 6:04 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,468 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Originally posted by Chrisv
    For the sake of 25p, might be best to buy them in Tesco today if you need them desperately this time (and if you can find stock there - might have more luck as at least it is not a busy weekend shopping night but a quiter Tuesday night, although it is before Christmas so maybe unfortunately it is not that quiet).

I'd say it was off already on the APG and is 6.39 on t.com - I wouldn't even go within 24 hours of an end date. If an offer is ending on 5th December (today), I would have completed all my shopping on 3rd December if I knew about it then - and if I found out about it later, I'll miss it out altogether. The APG usually changes to full price the day before and ruins any shopping I try against T. However if, later tonight, we see the Baxters soup shop against W also pick up T's expiring 4 for 3 mbuy, then the Tetley might stand a chance if receipts are in and checked before 6am tomorrow - although, even then, the price updates could have been at different times on t.com today and the Tetley could fail. You can otherwise wait for T to put the offer back on or be looking around for some alternative tea to compare against somewhere else.

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Dec 17, 6:09 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,468 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Get the crisps from A, together with the Mullers, target S and get your 29p. Buy the Tetley at Tesco and you are still up by 4p.
    If it is just the one item needed, tea vs Tesco, your fillers are going to cost you more than 25p combined anyway so, in that sense, in that situation, you save by buying the one item in T without 7 unnecessary items.

Of course it does depend on how far away your T and your A are. If you are miles and miles away from any T, marooned with only an A, then tbh I would just give it a miss altogether - or try some different tea that is still clearly on vs elsewhere or best just at straight A's price if you are desperate - rather than attempt vs T now.

There is some tea on offer at M. However none of the prices reached my guide prices. They rarely do - branded tea is expensive. However, that is a pointer to see what msm/m.com has for tea potentially vs M (careful - price collection may not be on Monday yet for M). Excludes N.I.

I don't suppose there is much chance of coming across some slight damaged pack of tea and getting it on RTC shelf price? My T is usually better on RTC shelf items than my A though - so I'd be off to T.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 05-12-2017 at 6:15 PM.

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 6:14 PM
    • 48,972 Posts
    • 598,959 Thanks
    bubbs
    They are lovely
    Waities shop

Couldn't find the xmas yogurt at all, then DS said to me this morning that he saw them last week, so will look again.

How long are you giving yourself to get to target? I have adjusted mine to take into account the weight of the implants.
    Originally posted by MKS
    Thanks, i cant get the yog either but ILTS told me where i can get it but not been able to get there might get there thurs not sure yet

Road trip very soon, Other Sister just bowed out as full of cold

Fingers crossed for That Sister today & her making a decision
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Hope everything went ok x
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 7lb week 38
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 6:17 PM
    • 48,972 Posts
    • 598,959 Thanks
    bubbs
    We have been here for a long time.
    Originally posted by MKS
    Aint we just
    Morning everyone
    With regard to the 5 for 1 sweets .....with all the confusion over the Chomp bar barcodes did we know that the Sada strawberry wands are still missing from the APG I tested yesterday and they are still a goer

Have fun everyone

M
    Originally posted by nairny54
    Who is this against please?

Here is my tree

Lovely Marmie
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Dec 17, 6:18 PM
    • 3,392 Posts
    • 33,342 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Scotland I think.
    thank you, Emerald!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 5th Dec 17, 6:20 PM
    • 48,972 Posts
    • 598,959 Thanks
    bubbs
    Offer for Bubbs and Co. from hukd

Free hot drink & mince pie (for senior citizens) - Morrisons (between 2:30pm and 5pm)

Originally posted by davemorton
    And bubbles has just had her free bus pass.....
    You 2 are going to get a good slapping
    You two boys will be in trouble later.....
    Originally posted by curl girl
    You know me well
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,215Posts Today

5,875Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin