Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,506Posts
    • 35,687Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 349
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 5th Dec 17, 12:31 PM
    • 1,786 Posts
    • 22,022 Thanks
    curl girl
    And bubbles has just had her free bus pass.....
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    You two boys will be in trouble later.....
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Dec 17, 12:42 PM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I think cross off Highlander's Broth as it's not sold in A.

You also need to buy four in order to match the W offer! Otherwise - W full price, like T will be for 3 certainly.

Sorry - you need to pay for one of the soups (although to get that also as a glitched soup) - that was always the case on this anyway even when vs T was sure (except for a very brief period vs Sains available at the beginning of the glitch - expired soon after).
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Yes, I know I need to buy four. The till will also see the Heinz L&B and will charge me 3 for the five tins though the APG will think I have bought four @ 1.07 and will presumably think that the comparison is 3 (W offer) and give me the difference.

Is that right please?
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Dec 17, 12:42 PM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Sorry Picasso...Yes that's what I meant...
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    • janed9388
    • By janed9388 5th Dec 17, 12:51 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 1,621 Thanks
    janed9388
    Mine are less than 1 min, prob at least 20-40secs apart and I open them as soon as they come up (in case they disappear or something).

I did lose my first one this morning. I went to the Mcd drive thru, paid with AP, then put it down on top of my iphone. The envelope started to appear but stopped at a large pin head size, then the app closed.
    I checked it at home in case it had saved but hadn't.
    Don't know if it was my iphone or Mcd wifi interfering with it or just one of those things.. never had it before.

No matter as I won a few nice prizes after that
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Thanks for that - I did 3 self scan shops in T's this morning, only one item in each so probably not a minute apart but couldn't open the envelopes as there is no signal in the store ! All were still there when I got to the car though. 5 M&S an 3 costa for me. Thought I then had it sussed in B&Q to do 4 items in 4 shops (very cute 3' Christmas trees for 2 for the kids ) but our B&Q is behind the times and doesn't do contactless !
    • gocat
    • By gocat 5th Dec 17, 12:57 PM
    • 4,692 Posts
    • 56,055 Thanks
    gocat
    Offer for Bubbs and Co. from hukd

Free hot drink & mince pie (for senior citizens) - Morrisons (between 2:30pm and 5pm)

Originally posted by davemorton
    Asked OH if he thinks I could get away with getting free drink for senior citizens and he said I dont look old enough.
    Yep thats the right thing to say OH
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 5th Dec 17, 1:23 PM
    • 14,033 Posts
    • 228,927 Thanks
    zippydooda
    i know savvy gets cheaper bars, but i wanted these
    as my early post. multi not seen.
    details on prices in my early morning post

15 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Branston Original Pickle (520g) 1.85 1.85
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.10 0.09
    1x Hovis Seed Sensations Seven Seeds Bread (800g) 1.40 1.50
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.08 0.07
    4x Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Choc Chip Breakfast Bakes (6x45g) 9.16 6.00
    4x Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Raisin Breakfast Bakes (6x45g) 9.16 6.00

1x ASDA Grower's Selection Broccoli (360g) 0.50 0.53
    1x ASDA Cranberry Juice Drink (1lt) 0.69 0.80 (i knew i was taking a 3p hit. lol)
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 5th Dec 17, 1:29 PM
    • 14,033 Posts
    • 228,927 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Offer for Bubbs and Co. from hukd
    as bubbs is, so so old.
    Free hot drink & mince pie (for senior citizens) - Morrisons (between 2:30pm and 5pm)

Originally posted by davemorton
    she will like that dave
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 5th Dec 17, 1:32 PM
    • 6,790 Posts
    • 56,060 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Thanks for that - I did 3 self scan shops in T's this morning, only one item in each so probably not a minute apart but couldn't open the envelopes as there is no signal in the store ! All were still there when I got to the car though. 5 M&S an 3 costa for me. Thought I then had it sussed in B&Q to do 4 items in 4 shops (very cute 3' Christmas trees for 2 for the kids ) but our B&Q is behind the times and doesn't do contactless !
    Originally posted by janed9388
    Well done on your wins. Did you mean Gweggs or have they started doing Costa now?
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 5th Dec 17, 1:32 PM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 22,716 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Found a useless trigger LOL, thought I had bought 6 LOreal sport (yellow), but had one Clean Power (green) it is missing from APG, but on receipt and also shows on multi
    b/c 5011408087505.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 5th Dec 17, 1:33 PM
    • 14,033 Posts
    • 228,927 Thanks
    zippydooda
    just used my 10% bg card in waities, 2 weeks ood and it still works
    i only wanted the sun paper and milk. so had to pay for paper, but at least my coffee took 23p off the price of that. no mags in my store yet
    • CM66
    • By CM66 5th Dec 17, 1:41 PM
    • 507 Posts
    • 2,995 Thanks
    CM66
    Found a useless trigger LOL, thought I had bought 6 LOreal sport (yellow), but had one Clean Power (green) it is missing from APG, but on receipt and also shows on multi
    b/c 5011408087505.
    Originally posted by braveheart60uk
    Did the yellow ones work? I know theyve been on/off for the past few days
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Dec 17, 1:41 PM
    • 19,838 Posts
    • 260,362 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    2xGillette Fusion ProGlide Power Blades (4)15.00x2 Any 2 for 20.00 However, is this on 3 for 2? If it is, it would well exceed the 20 amount. It would be buying 6, paying 60 and 90 vs 60 = 36 back on the one item, but it would make them 4 each.
    2xGillette Fusion ProShield Chill Replacement Blades (4)15.00x2 Any 2 for 20.00 If on 3 for 2, see Fusion ProGlide Power Blades (4) above. I will have to see whether in theory you could mix odd numbers with that, buying even numbers in total. You should be able to do so with the other ProShield product immediately below.
    2xGillette Fusion ProShield Replacement Blades (4)15.00x2 Any 2 for 20.00 If on 3 for 2, see Fusion ProGlide Power Blades (4) above.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    This is theoretical, as 6 of them (meeting both A's 3 for 2 and M's 2 for 20) would well exceed 20 APG (if nothing really bad was also bought on the same shop and then it would seem rather pointless).
    As regards whether the Fusion Proglide Power Blades can be mixed and matched with any of the "ProShield" blades, it is not clear from the SELs in my M.

My M shows 2 for 20 pricing on each. However, on the ticket for Proglide it says "Gillette ProShield Blades 4's [sic]" offer. However, the Proshield varieties are apparently not in the Proshield offer, instead, according to the SELs, they are in the offer called "Gillette Fusion Blades". Whether that includes Fusion Proglide or is confined to Fusion Proshield is unspecified.

It seems to me, as someone following literally the precise wording of the SELs and completely ignoring that the person or people that wrote them was not being precise, there are two different offers and the Proglide blades are in a completely different offer from either of the two ProShield versions, that are in their own offer together with each other. If they are not being precise, then maybe there is one offer covering all three; however they have specifically put onto the SELs for each of the ProShield products the exact same offer description, so this is where the confusion starts, since clearly they must have intended that that was one offer and the other, covering just the Proglide, is separate. But then I am reading what their wording actually says. Say what you mean! (People generally often do not do so.)

As it seems it may be they have not said what they meant, but said something else that they didn't really mean, since they may - in common it seems with most people most often - be being rather careless over their actual precise wording and failing to be specific, exact and completely precise in every way (when is that ever achieved in the English language?) without any possibility for ambiguity, misunderstanding or confusion, they are probably not meaning it to be taken literally as it says. However, for me, the words they have actually used are clear: there is no confusion that, because of the different words, there are two separate offers and therefore I can't say whether or not they meant what they said as what they have said is very clear and there isn't any confusion following what they have actually said on each item.

As regards whether the APG would pick up a mix and match, whether or not these products are all on the same mix and match (and I have no clue about whether that is the case or not as I am following their clear wording and treating them as two separate offers, one with the Proglide product only in it, called a ProShield offer in which no ProShield products appear actually to be in, and the other, a separate offer including both of the ProShield products. I am sorry - if you are going to write, in relation to a Proglide product, that it is in a Proshield offer, then I am going to take you literally at your word that you meant that - as, if you did not, you would be correct and accurate and actually say something else that it then is in. I expect people to be accurate and precise every time and always to say what they actually mean. If they might something else, then they would say that instead! (Of course, I know fully well this is not how it works. However, how else am I supposed to interpret or understand what they have said? If someone says something and I take what they say, then if they didn't mean it, it's their fault as they should have said what they actually meant and not something else. That's the rest of the world's problem, not mine, and people should be precise and fully accurate, rather than the hopeless human beings that they actually are !)

Anyway, the APG collectors might well, like the Colgate toothpastes that are, or have been - I may have spotted a subtle change on that (but irrelevant now they are no longer in A's offer) - some of them in a Colgate Total offer and separate ones in a Colgate Whitening and Sensitive offer, despite one Total Advanced Whitening appearing in the part of the shelf suggesting, fairly enough, it is in the Total offer but not the Whitening (and Sensitive) one. Therefore they are not accurate - the "Colgate Whitening/Sensitive" offer should be "Colgate Whitening/Sensitive excluding Total Advanced Whitening"! The APG collectors might just put the blades into one single offer, like the Colgate toothpastes earlier, as they might fail to notice the different wording on one of the 2 for 20 compared to the other two, subtle as it is.

As regards the list, therefore I have put this post here rather than attempt to explain the extent, or not, of the 2 for 20 Gillette mens blades mix and match on the list. Taking the SELs at their face, I think 2 for 20 pricing is in two separate offers - one of them covering only both of the ProShield razors but not called that - however you, or I, might still think there is probably one offer covering all three items. However, online also has two separate offers divided this way, so I am taking the SEL writers at their word and not tripping up whereas most people shopping in M, that considered buying these products, probably would do. I will divide them on the list strictly as it appears they should be if bought in M in order to pick up the different 2 for 20 offers on them. However, the APG might allow a mix and match across all three.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 05-12-2017 at 1:54 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 5th Dec 17, 1:43 PM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 22,716 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Pssst! LOreal sport yellow pack now compares 6 v 2.25 at T
    Net approx 3p each, check my calcs plz
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 5th Dec 17, 1:44 PM
    • 14,033 Posts
    • 228,927 Thanks
    zippydooda
    izzey

what page are you up to. ive been on this one for ages
    https://groceries.asda.com/promotion/2-for-pound-4.50/ls88542
    • midwinter
    • By midwinter 5th Dec 17, 1:44 PM
    • 3,531 Posts
    • 70,839 Thanks
    midwinter
    SAS Advent calendar:

Possibility of free trip to Denmark

http://www.findinghygge.dk/#menu
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Dec 17, 1:53 PM
    • 19,838 Posts
    • 260,362 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    i know savvy gets cheaper bars, but i wanted these
    as my early post. multi not seen.
    details on prices in my early morning post

15 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Branston Original Pickle (520g) 1.85 1.85
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.10 0.09
    1x Hovis Seed Sensations Seven Seeds Bread (800g) 1.40 1.50
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.08 0.07
    4x Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Choc Chip Breakfast Bakes (6x45g) 9.16 6.00
    4x Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Raisin Breakfast Bakes (6x45g) 9.16 6.00

1x ASDA Grower's Selection Broccoli (360g) 0.50 0.53
    1x ASDA Cranberry Juice Drink (1lt) 0.69 0.80 (i knew i was taking a 3p hit. lol)
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    Well done.

What - no Mullers?!? Taken a further 29p hit.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 5th Dec 17, 1:53 PM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 13,922 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Hi, please can anyone help. Set up AP and did 2 transactions successfully. But then went to sains and it said to refer to my device. On the phone it was asking me to "enter a back up password"

I haven't got a password so not sure what to do.

Thanks
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 5th Dec 17, 1:58 PM
    • 6,790 Posts
    • 56,060 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Does anyone know if places like Shell or BP do fuel gift cards?

Just thinking of an xmas gift for someone whos just passed their test and got a car.
    I asked in both today, and they don't
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 5th Dec 17, 2:00 PM
    • 6,790 Posts
    • 56,060 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Hi, please can anyone help. Set up AP and did 2 transactions successfully. But then went to sains and it said to refer to my device. On the phone it was asking me to "enter a back up password"

I haven't got a password so not sure what to do.

Thanks
    Originally posted by sparklyfee
    On mine it's just my phones security code (that I use to open the phone). It tends to ask for it after I do about 4 transactions close together.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • janed9388
    • By janed9388 5th Dec 17, 2:01 PM
    • 293 Posts
    • 1,621 Thanks
    janed9388
    Well done on your wins. Did you mean Gweggs or have they started doing Costa now?
    Definitely Costa, but I do have wins from Gregg's too. I'm a bit confused about it all to be honest, I seem to get two types of envelopes, some from "HSCB tap moments" and some from "visa tap and win". Sometimes I get one of the other, and sometimes both. I can't work out why / when / how to always get both ! (also some strange justice league thing which I have no idea what it's doing but no prizes on that one) I'm not normally daft with technology but can't work this one out
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

228Posts Today

1,538Users online

Martin's Twitter