Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,506Posts
    • 35,688Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 348
    • gocat
    • By gocat 5th Dec 17, 11:11 AM
    • 4,692 Posts
    • 56,055 Thanks
    gocat
    Well went to my local shop n save shop which is on the small shops amex list. Bought some printing paper there and few bits to make it 10. Went to pay, and they say we dont accept amex. I said oh will leave it then. Then they pointed to a sign and said you can use amex but it cost 1.50. Anyone else had this. Needless to say I declined
    Originally posted by gocat
    Got a reply to my tweet about the above.
    "
    Hi. Unfortunately, we can't stop a merchant from charging customers in this way. However, we welcome the recent news about the UK introduction of a complete ban on surcharging consumer Cards. This includes Amex consumer Cards and will come into effect in Jan 2018. Thx^Jen "

Bit late for small shops though .
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Dec 17, 11:20 AM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Picasso......What soup are you looking to buy?

Don't buy the muller corners against S.....These are 50p....Most of the Rice and lights are comparing to S 35p.....Any of these and the trigger

1x Muller Light Fat Free Toffee Yogurt (1x175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Banana & Custard Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Vanilla & Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Orange with Dark Chocolate Yogurt (165g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Rhubarb Crumble Yogurt (165g) 0.68 0.35

1x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Apple Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Chocolate & Orange Limited Edition Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    1x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) 0.68 0.35
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Marmite, you are brilliant. Thank you. I have 3 x 50p coupons for Baxter's soups and was hoping to use them in conjunction with a glitch as idiot me only printed one out when the T comparison was working.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Dec 17, 11:21 AM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    FREE Cadbury selection box Clicksnap I think. I have just had an email.
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 5th Dec 17, 11:23 AM
    • 6,790 Posts
    • 56,060 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Morning all. I have a day off today and was planning on maxing my android entries but can you tell me if you do a few in succession at the self scan tills is it best to open the envelopes in between each or leave them all until afterwards ? I know it isn't keen if there is less than a minute between each (which seems like a long time to kill if there is a queue!)
    Originally posted by janed9388
    Mine are less than 1 min, prob at least 20-40secs apart and I open them as soon as they come up (in case they disappear or something).

I did lose my first one this morning. I went to the Mcd drive thru, paid with AP, then put it down on top of my iphone. The envelope started to appear but stopped at a large pin head size, then the app closed.
    I checked it at home in case it had saved but hadn't.
    Don't know if it was my iphone or Mcd wifi interfering with it or just one of those things.. never had it before.

No matter as I won a few nice prizes after that
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 5th Dec 17, 11:23 AM
    • 6,264 Posts
    • 86,622 Thanks
    Sarahdol75

Road trip very soon, Other Sister just bowed out as full of cold

Fingers crossed for That Sister today & her making a decision
    Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Fingers crossed.

Thanks Pippo. I had fun with that one but didn't do very well. Wasn't really sure if I could change the resolution on the screen to see more of the picture.

I am quoting my own post in the hope that others come along and add to our list.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    I found it very difficult to move across the screen, it kept disappearing.

Marmite, lovely tree.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January 222.5 February 218.80 March
    290.10 April 248.49 May 130.73 June 220.51 July
    162.39 August 311.97 September
    227 October Total so far 2261 miles

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Dec 17, 11:25 AM
    • 19,839 Posts
    • 260,407 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Vs W

SP items on which A hasn't increased in price and which don't lose much against W when not getting 10% that they give against somewhere else.

Items that don't compare against W but which are more than 10% cheaper than everywhere else to which they do compare and on good enough price from A. Probably items on r'back in A, ones that don't have an equivalent at W, if any of those items are any good. (Probably not - often another pack size is better against somewhere else.)

Milk if you need it - standard fresh own label 4 or 6 pint (6 pint works out best). That (or those - there is obviously more than one version and could get 4 different items just from that if you were going to use it) could be an item moved from vs T onto vs W, as same prices at both.

Don't worry about the Baxters offer in W being 4 for 3 and "W matches the prices of T" as those offers follow W's promotional schedule and not T's.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 05-12-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Dec 17, 11:26 AM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I found it very difficult to move across the screen, it kept disappearing.
    Originally posted by Sarahdol75
    me too!

sausages
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 5th Dec 17, 11:27 AM
    • 2,442 Posts
    • 27,969 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Marmite, you are brilliant. Thank you. I have 3 x 50p coupons for Baxter's soups and was hoping to use them in conjunction with a glitch as idiot me only printed one out when the T comparison was working.

That's OK...should compare with the trigger to 75p against waities...Just make sure that As sell what you get from Waities....
    10 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Dec 17, 11:28 AM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Vs W

SP items on which A hasn't increased in price and which don't lose much against W when not getting 10% that they give against somewhere else.

Items that don't compare against W but which are more than 10% cheaper than everywhere else to which they do compare and on good enough price from A. Probably items on r'back in A, ones that don't have an equivalent at W, if any of those items are any good. (Probably not - often another pack size is better against somewhere else.)

Milk if you need it - standard 4 or 6 pint (6 pint works out best).

Don't worry about the Baxters offer in W being 4 for 3 and "W matches the prices of T" as those offers follow W's promotional schedule and not T's.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    thanks Savvy. Will make a list and will report back tonight.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Dec 17, 11:38 AM
    • 19,839 Posts
    • 260,407 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    thanks Savvy. Will make a list and will report back tonight.
    I'm still making one. (I haven't done versus W for a while.)

Continued from my post above... some 6pk Sunbites (check versions) with Tomato Ketchup trigger - why can't the Sunbites be the ones at 1.79 vs S instead of the others at 1.50 A price? - Flash wipes 60 pack - Lemon and Antibac. in 2s. Or one of the wipes and Flash Gel 400ml - one of Cotton or Lemon only (2 for 2 mix and match W).

Standard 6 pack Walkers crisps (or Walkers Baked Crisps) beyond Ketchup (check versions) - obviously need one of the Ketchup with them - but have to be bought in 2s apparently as W 2 for 2. So, Ketchup and two versions that are each at W. Unable to buy Sunbites, unless you want one at full price and straight 10% off W's 1.<- Scrap this, will then pick up A's mbuy.

Actually 2x Kettle Bites BBQ Maple (with Ketchup trigger) are best. Those items (each of the two same Kettle Bites and the Ketchup trigger) work out at 34p each. You have four Baxters and this trio. Three more different items needed.

Does Garlic & Herb Baguette (2 pack, 340g) work against W?

Shredded Wheat 16 but Poundstretcher has been much better price on other pack.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 05-12-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Dec 17, 11:52 AM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    That's OK...should compare with the trigger to 75p against waities...Just make sure that As sell what you get from Waities....
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Thank you, I shall ensure that Waities sells what I get in A -- that is what you mean, isn't it? (I am shopping in A.)
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Dec 17, 11:57 AM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I think I am the only one late to the party but adding here in case it helps anyone. Will buy three plus the Heinz bacon and lentil:

Baxter's sold in Waitrose

Cream of tomato
    Spicy parsnip
    Carrot coriander
    Country garden
    Carrot butter bean
    Med tomato
    Lentil bacon
    Pea and mint
    Scotch broth
    Chicken broth
    Pea ham
    Potato leek
    Minestrone !!!!-a-leekie
    Lentil & veg
    Highlander's broth
    Chicken and veg
    Veg minestrone
    Green lentil and tomato
    Spicy tomato and rice with sweetcorn
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Dec 17, 12:01 PM
    • 19,839 Posts
    • 260,407 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I think I am the only one late to the party but adding here in case it helps anyone. Will buy three plus the Heinz bacon and lentil:

Baxter's sold in Waitrose

Cream of tomato
    Spicy parsnip
    Carrot coriander
    Country garden
    Carrot butter bean
    Med tomato
    Lentil bacon
    Pea and mint
    Scotch broth
    Chicken broth
    Pea ham
    Potato leek
    Minestrone
    Cocka-leekie
    Lentil & veg
    Highlander's broth
    Chicken and veg
    Veg minestrone
    Green lentil and tomato
    Spicy tomato and rice with sweetcorn
    I think cross off Highlander's Broth as it's not sold in A.

You also need to buy four in order to match the W offer! Otherwise - W full price, like T will be for 3 certainly.

Sorry - you need to pay for one of the soups (although to get that also as a glitched soup) - that was always the case on this anyway even when vs T was sure (except for a very brief period vs Sains available at the beginning of the glitch - expired soon after).
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 05-12-2017 at 12:07 PM.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Dec 17, 12:07 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,405 Thanks
    davemorton
    Got a reply to my tweet about the above.
    "
    Hi. Unfortunately, we can't stop a merchant from charging customers in this way. However, we welcome the recent news about the UK introduction of a complete ban on surcharging consumer Cards. This includes Amex consumer Cards and will come into effect in Jan 2018. Thx^Jen "

Bit late for small shops though .
    Originally posted by gocat
    Once this comes in, I can see a lot of places refusing to take Amex, and possibly other CC too.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 5th Dec 17, 12:10 PM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I suspect many of them are not sold at A but I won't buy anything not on that list.

Am also adding this to my list. Will buy 6 if I can find them.

Nivea Lip balm/Butter works out 26p each

A 2 v W 1.03. Pay 8 for 6 and get 3.22 APG
    Pay 16 for 12 and get 6.44 APG

6x Nivea Raspberry Rose Lip Butter (16.7g) 12.00 6.18 - tin bc 42239888
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 5th Dec 17, 12:11 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,405 Thanks
    davemorton
    Offer for Bubbs and Co. from hukd

Free hot drink & mince pie (for senior citizens) - Morrisons (between 2:30pm and 5pm)

Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 5th Dec 17, 12:14 PM
    • 1,787 Posts
    • 22,031 Thanks
    curl girl
    Lovely tree marmie.
    You have been busy!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 5th Dec 17, 12:20 PM
    • 19,839 Posts
    • 260,407 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Not much else good vs W. Don't forget Bahlsen Liebniz won't work as different prices in the W offer.

Fox Party Rings 50p vs 50p.
    Otherwise Jammie Dodgers in 2s - but Lidl/Aldi cheaper on alternative brand version.

But then you start adding stuff when putting a SP Spaghetti Loops tin onto the shop would be cheaper.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 05-12-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 5th Dec 17, 12:21 PM
    • 2,442 Posts
    • 27,969 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Thank you, I shall ensure that Waities sells what I get in A -- that is what you mean, isn't it? (I am shopping in A.)
    Sorry Picasso...Yes that's what I meant...
    10 Days to go

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 5th Dec 17, 12:26 PM
    • 2,442 Posts
    • 27,969 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Offer for Bubbs and Co. from hukd

Free hot drink & mince pie (for senior citizens) - Morrisons (between 2:30pm and 5pm)

Originally posted by davemorton
    And bubbles has just had her free bus pass.....
    10 Days to go

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,446Posts Today

7,325Users online

Martin's Twitter