Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,501Posts
    • 35,674Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 344
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 10:06 PM
    • 48,863 Posts
    • 598,098 Thanks
    bubbs
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Thats more like it
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 4th Dec 17, 10:08 PM
    • 25,190 Posts
    • 309,241 Thanks
    davemorton
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 4th Dec 17, 10:09 PM
    • 11,858 Posts
    • 135,945 Thanks
    Anon
    Its just luck isn t it and I m not usually very lucky in comps etc but doing alright with this. Only thing I haven t won is the 20 dining out card
    Originally posted by emerald21
    I won one of those tonight .

Plus a 5 mands, 3 mands, 3 Gweggs.

HTH

Anon
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Dec 17, 10:10 PM
    • 15,025 Posts
    • 186,183 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Not if she is in WGH.

She Should have a care plan in place when she leaves unfortunately with WGH that is not always the case and my mum was discharged after broken hip surgery without it...they then took weeks to put it in place....WGH is !!!!! I'm afraid if that is who she is in the care of
    Originally posted by locarr
    That is awful x

One whole large one!

Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car 450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 10:12 PM
    • 48,863 Posts
    • 598,098 Thanks
    bubbs
    Sucking them with no teeth
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • scamps1966
    • By scamps1966 4th Dec 17, 10:19 PM
    • 5,230 Posts
    • 93,602 Thanks
    scamps1966
    Evening peeps.

I wonder what will be delivered.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LS5HZEK/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AHDROS8X72WK3&psc=1
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 4th Dec 17, 10:22 PM
    • 25,190 Posts
    • 309,241 Thanks
    davemorton
    For that price, I wont be finding out!
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 4th Dec 17, 10:25 PM
    • 7,759 Posts
    • 138,899 Thanks
    locarr
    I have some very expensive carrots o for sale on eBay at the moment !
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Dec 17, 10:26 PM
    • 15,025 Posts
    • 186,183 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Sucking them with no teeth
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I think I may turn orange!
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car 450.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Dec 17, 10:27 PM
    • 15,025 Posts
    • 186,183 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    double dare you to get your OH this wonderful top!

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 4th Dec 17, 10:28 PM
    • 25,190 Posts
    • 309,241 Thanks
    davemorton
    I have some very expensive carrots o for sale on eBay at the moment !
    I cant believe people buy them, xmas madness.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 4th Dec 17, 10:29 PM
    • 7,759 Posts
    • 138,899 Thanks
    locarr
    That is awful x

Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Yep, I actually begged the paramedics not to take her there
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 4th Dec 17, 10:35 PM
    • 25,190 Posts
    • 309,241 Thanks
    davemorton
    Where is WGH ? Watford?
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 4th Dec 17, 10:37 PM
    • 5,254 Posts
    • 69,309 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Not if she is in WGH.

She Should have a care plan in place when she leaves unfortunately with WGH that is not always the case and my mum was discharged after broken hip surgery without it...they then took weeks to put it in place....WGH is !!!!! I'm afraid if that is who she is in the care of
    Thanks Locarr, thats where she is and thats my concern. Nothing has been mentioned at all, which didnt seem right, hence my question.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Dec 17, 10:38 PM
    • 19,827 Posts
    • 260,312 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I bought the right chomp. So does that mean the freddo caramel must be another trigger.
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    The right one as in the wrong one, that picked up the 5 for 1?
    Or the right one as in the one that got the full prices and hopefully will now get the overcharge refunded with GC?

Anyway, the answer to your question is yes, the Freddo Caramel if it's on the 5 for 1 is a trigger if it's not appearing on the comp. (though whether it's "another" trigger or not depends on whether the flashed Chomp is being bought as the unflashed one isn't a trigger - it's not "another" one if the 'correct' (except in any store that shows full price SELs) Chomp is being bought as it is the only one, but ignore me, I'm being technical over the precise meaning of the word "another")).

Freddo Caramel, if it is in the mbuy and is not appearing, is a trigger, whether it is another trigger or not, although, regardless of which Chomp anyone is getting, I have no idea why a Freddo Caramel would ever be bought in the same shop as it doesn't appear and therefore doesn't give any APG - it doesn't even count as an item so is best replaced, in any event, by another item in the mbuy that is getting a comparison against the competitor. That's looking at it purely from APG back though and not on which chocolates you want or prefer to have - in a sense, I've done exactly the same on one of my shops, against S, where instead of buying a Walkers Crisps 6 pack multipack and a Sunbites pack, or even two Sunbites, I have bought two different Walkers Crisps packs - just because I wanted as personal taste preference Walkers crisps more than Sunbites. Therefore, I have got 1.50x2 vs 1x2. For the same original spend, as all items are in the 3 for 3 crisps/snacks mbuy, I ought to have replaced at least one of them with Sunbites and then, for the same spend, would have more APG back. That would be my "preference" in APG terms, but it was, on this occasion, overruled by my preference of what we actually wanted to consume. That said, it is like, everytime any item at all that cost say 2 was bought in a shop, you always bought the 2 item that was 1 at the competitor. If you did that though, you'd have numerous of the same product and not ever have a 2 product that you actually needed.

So, yes, Freddo Caramel is a trigger although why anyone would ever buy it (purely in APG back terms) in preference to the version of the Chomp that isn't on the mbuy I have no idea. And there seems to me little point knowingly at the time of purchase buying two non-appearing items relating to (regardless of whether or not they pick up, if it's on your SELs) the same offer - if people want to do that, they might as well then buy all five non-appearing items on one shop and have no APG for them at all!
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-12-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 4th Dec 17, 10:38 PM
    • 7,759 Posts
    • 138,899 Thanks
    locarr
    Where is WGH ? Watford?
    Yes mate....
    Jay-Z

• Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Dec 17, 10:40 PM
    • 15,025 Posts
    • 186,183 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Yep, I actually begged the paramedics not to take her there
    That does not sound good.

I once organised for an ambulance to take someone to a large hospital with a good rating.... well that was a mistake! No system is perfect, but we can try to make it as perfect as possible. x
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 4th Dec 17, 10:43 PM
    • 5,254 Posts
    • 69,309 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Where is WGH ? Watford?
    Yes. They dont have the best reputation but it was an emergency admission and we have no other A&E in the area any more.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Dec 17, 10:46 PM
    • 15,025 Posts
    • 186,183 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Thanks Locarr, thats where she is and thats my concern. Nothing has been mentioned at all, which didnt seem right, hence my question.
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    Sounds like you need to take a proactive approach. Ultimately hospitals are not allowed to discharge a patient (sorry cannot remember the correct terms) unless they have to have somewhere safe to go to. Also remember you can refuse to take on the care as they may allocate most of caring to you (we did this with our nana, she was placed in a residential unit).

If she is self-funding (over 23,000) and needs home care, the easiest way to progress is to get a private company in to assess the house and provide care (we were recently told this by adult services for mum).

I think it is a case of he/she who shouts loudest gets heard the most x
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 10:47 PM
    • 48,863 Posts
    • 598,098 Thanks
    bubbs
    Im off to bed, night all x
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

330Posts Today

2,243Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

• RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

• RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

• Follow Martin