Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,516Posts
    • 35,711Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 343
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Dec 17, 9:05 PM
    • 15,060 Posts
    • 186,434 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Make sure that she is assessed by occupational health before she is discharged (ideally be there if you can) they should asses her ability to look after herself (wash/dress/make food etc) we had to be quite firm as our hospital tried to send my grandad home recovering from a broken shoulder and no care (he was 88 and lived alone) but because my Mum said she could help they took that that she would be his carer. They should also do an assessment at home to see if she would benefit from any aids. I would recommend installing a lifeline is she doesnt already have one.

It can all be a bit stressful but just be firm because if she is discharged without anything in place its difficult to get anything done retrospectively

Hope that helps!
    Originally posted by CM66
    Very good advice.

Hornetgirl, I would also make sure that she is claiming her full benefit entitlement. x
    Accumulative cost of having adult child in 2017.
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car 450.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 9:14 PM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 599,160 Thanks
    bubbs
    I prefer celery.... they are yuck!
    Originally posted by Sunshinemummy
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 7lb week 38
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Dec 17, 9:17 PM
    • 15,060 Posts
    • 186,434 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I am having a celery and carrot period!

I bumped into a lady from FB site today, she was rather lovely x
    January - One day off work for OH to take him to an exam as car broken - 40 mile round journey. Different car 450.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 4th Dec 17, 9:20 PM
    • 25,207 Posts
    • 309,451 Thanks
    davemorton
    From HUKD

Bombay Sapphire and Tanqueray Gin 1 Litre bottles 16 Each in store @ morrisons
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 4th Dec 17, 9:21 PM
    • 25,207 Posts
    • 309,451 Thanks
    davemorton

You''re on a celery and carrot facebook site, you all must be REALLY odd!!
    Last edited by davemorton; 04-12-2017 at 9:35 PM.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 4th Dec 17, 9:25 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 15,722 Thanks
    Arthien
    Did someone on here want Nestle Walnut Whips? Seem to remember something about that. Anyway, they are in Poundland, 3 in a pack, also there are different varieties available, original, mint and caramel.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    I think it was Arthien.

My mum announced yesterday she fancied a walnut whip so thanks from me, I will get some tomorrow.
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    Evening all!

Thanks, it was me. I was after the new style walnut-free ones and I managed to get a box of three from B&M bargains for one whole pound

Bit of a random question - has anyone had a refund from HMRC lately? I've had a letter which is asking me to sign in online within 45 days to claim the refund and then I'll get it within five days, otherwise if I don't claim online then I'll get a cheque within 60 days.

Obviously I can't find any of the log in details I need to claim the refund online but 60 days seems like a flipping long time for a cheque!

I'm hoping it's only 15 days after the 45 day limit, rather than another 60 days on top, but I can guess which it will be. It's only for 19.80 and I think I've spent more than that in time and effort trying to claim it back
    On the countdown to Christmas
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Dec 17, 9:26 PM
    • 15,060 Posts
    • 186,434 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    You're on a celery and carrot facebook site, you all must be REALLY odd!!
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I think you all know that I am REALLY odd already but:-

1. I met a nice lady who was an Elite but now is only on FB.
    2. I eat loads of carrots and celery at the moment as it is food on the go, as cucumbers can now only be consumed in price as I think caused a crash on the M1!!!

Any how, have you figured out how you are going to smuggle alcohol abroad.

• hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 4th Dec 17, 9:27 PM
    • 5,269 Posts
    • 69,527 Thanks
    hornetgirl

She will be assessed before she is discharged and if necessary OT will provide equipment etc. If you are worrying ring the hospital social worker up and have a chat. x
    Sorry HG i cant offer any advice but glad she seems to be recovering ok.
    The only thing i can think of as dont know why she ended up in hospital, but does she need grab rails or anything?
    Make sure that she is assessed by occupational health before she is discharged (ideally be there if you can) they should asses her ability to look after herself (wash/dress/make food etc) we had to be quite firm as our hospital tried to send my grandad home recovering from a broken shoulder and no care (he was 88 and lived alone) but because my Mum said she could help they took that that she would be his carer. They should also do an assessment at home to see if she would benefit from any aids. I would recommend installing a lifeline is she doesnt already have one.

It can all be a bit stressful but just be firm because if she is discharged without anything in place its difficult to get anything done retrospectively

Hope that helps!
    Originally posted by CM66
    Thank you. These are exactly the kind of things we need to know. DH will speak to the hospital social worker tomorrow. The surgery was for a twisted bowel. Shes recovering well so of course the hospital has its eye on her bed now. Things like grab rails and lifeline are a good idea as she will be in the house on her own during the day.
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 4th Dec 17, 9:31 PM
    • 1,360 Posts
    • 15,722 Thanks
    Arthien
    DM - was it you who was looking at Amazon prime films the other day? Did you find the free ones in the end? Some of the categories only show the ones that are free with Prime, avoid anything that just says 'new releases' and doesn't say 'with Prime'.
    On the countdown to Christmas
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 4th Dec 17, 9:37 PM
    • 4,239 Posts
    • 86,593 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Evening all!

Thanks, it was me. I was after the new style walnut-free ones and I managed to get a box of three from B&M bargains for one whole pound

Bit of a random question - has anyone had a refund from HMRC lately? I've had a letter which is asking me to sign in online within 45 days to claim the refund and then I'll get it within five days, otherwise if I don't claim online then I'll get a cheque within 60 days.

Obviously I can't find any of the log in details I need to claim the refund online but 60 days seems like a flipping long time for a cheque!

I'm hoping it's only 15 days after the 45 day limit, rather than another 60 days on top, but I can guess which it will be. It's only for 19.80 and I think I've spent more than that in time and effort trying to claim it back
    Originally posted by Arthien

My Oh had this a few months ago and as it was only 19.50, just waited for the cheque.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 4th Dec 17, 9:39 PM
    • 25,207 Posts
    • 309,451 Thanks
    davemorton
    I think you all know that I am REALLY odd already but:-

1. I met a nice lady who was an Elite but now is only on FB.
    2. I eat loads of carrots and celery at the moment as it is food on the go, as cucumbers can now only be consumed in price as I think caused a crash on the M1!!!

Any how, have you figured out how you are going to smuggle alcohol abroad.

Please explain the bold, as genuinely curious what you are on about.
    Drink! Apparently they turn a blind eye to it

DM - was it you who was looking at Amazon prime films the other day? Did you find the free ones in the end? Some of the categories only show the ones that are free with Prime, avoid anything that just says 'new releases' and doesn't say 'with Prime'.
    Originally posted by Arthien
    It was me, yes, found it. Disappointed with it though, I think the selection is worse that NowTV even.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 9:43 PM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 599,160 Thanks
    bubbs

What facebook site?
    I am eating pickled onions
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 9:44 PM
    • 48,999 Posts
    • 599,160 Thanks
    bubbs
    You''re on a celery and carrot facebook site, you all must be REALLY odd!!
    She is
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Anon
    • By Anon 4th Dec 17, 9:47 PM
    • 11,885 Posts
    • 136,191 Thanks
    Anon
    Will it work for an online shop?
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    So what do you lot think about this one:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/electric-toothbrushes/oralb-pro-2000-rechargeable-electric-toothbrush/910001417217

Oral B Electric toothbrush - 70.00 in A and 30.00 in T

A genuine price, no glitch, leading to a potential 43.00 APG.

I am looking at buying 2 of them (a genuine purchase), so a possible 83.00 APG.

What do you think the trouts will say to that ?
    Originally posted by Bikertov
    Unless you are really after this model and dont mind the very large APG, then it may be best for most people to steer clear. Electric toothbrush deals switch regularly between different supermarkets - the half price is pretty much the normal price (obviously plus 10% makes it better) so you would want it much lower than half price for it to be a deal.

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 4th Dec 17, 9:48 PM
    • 25,207 Posts
    • 309,451 Thanks
    davemorton
    • locarr
    • By locarr 4th Dec 17, 9:56 PM
    • 7,761 Posts
    • 138,916 Thanks
    locarr
    Id appreciate it if anyone can offer any advice on MILs situation please. The hospital are suggesting she will be ready to go home in a couple of days time. She is 82 years old, has just had major surgery and was widowed less than a month ago. Should anything be happening before she is released - should her home be assessed or anything like that first?
    Sorry if this is a daft or nave question but we have no experience of anything like this and have no clue what to expect.
    Originally posted by hornetgirl

She will be assessed before she is discharged and if necessary OT will provide equipment etc. If you are worrying ring the hospital social worker up and have a chat. x

Not if she is in WGH.

She Should have a care plan in place when she leaves unfortunately with WGH that is not always the case and my mum was discharged after broken hip surgery without it...they then took weeks to put it in place....WGH is !!!!! I'm afraid if that is who she is in the care of
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Dec 17, 9:58 PM
    • 15,060 Posts
    • 186,434 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    Please explain the bold, as genuinely curious what you are on about.
    Drink! Apparently they turn a blind eye to it
    On my diet, I have been through the stage of eating whole cucumbers, usually whilst driving along the M1..... it is dangerous!

What facebook site?
    I am eating pickled onions
    One which was set up pre my introduction to the Elite.

She was rather nice.

I have met 2 other glitching ladies... one Morrison's biscuit isle, one at the tills (only a few weeks ago), and this lady.
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 4th Dec 17, 10:01 PM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 16,459 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Evening elite, has anyone had a follow up email from John Lewis with more information about their Christmas evening, please? I've had a 'you're on the list' one but nothing more. It's on 7th
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • Sunshinemummy
    • By Sunshinemummy 4th Dec 17, 10:01 PM
    • 15,060 Posts
    • 186,434 Thanks
    Sunshinemummy
    No... they are tooooo small.

I get a bag of large ones, wash them, and crunch and munch.

I often find myself in an office with one hanging out of my mouth.... it is a good job people know me well.

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 4th Dec 17, 10:03 PM
    • 25,207 Posts
    • 309,451 Thanks
    davemorton
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

105Posts Today

3,180Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin