Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,518Posts
    • 35,716Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 341
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 4th Dec 17, 6:39 PM
    • 2,676 Posts
    • 37,560 Thanks
    Claire1972
    Claire the fudge is not the trigger....The triggers as far as i am aware have been the Chomp bar...and the Cadubury's buttons...You may have found an additional one...What other one did you buy that is not on your receipt...And did it show the multibuy on your till receipt
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    I know I bought the chomp! I will check receipt later x
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 6:48 PM
    • 49,044 Posts
    • 599,564 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside

FREE Delivery on everything (no min spend) + 3 for 2 / 2 for 5 + An extra 10% off @ Thorntons
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 7lb week 38
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 6:51 PM
    • 49,044 Posts
    • 599,564 Thanks
    bubbs
    Darkside
    Snack a Jacks Salt & Vinegar Multi-Pack Low Fat Rice Cakes 4x22g - 66p each with PYO @ Waitrose

One day park entry + UNLIMITED Fast Track + Free Parking + Shark Hotel stay with free Wi-Fi & Breakfast from just 44.50pp (based on 2 adults) (2018) @ Thorpe Park

Jacobs biscuits for cheese 300g - 1 @ Morrisons
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Dec 17, 6:54 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,469 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I know I bought the chomp! I will check receipt later x
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    Depends on which Chomp you bought. Neither of them appear on the comp. so full prices will appear on the rest that appear if you don't buy a total of five of them. One version of the Chomps means you paid full price originally rather than the 5 for 1 that, I suspect, the shelving shows (depends on whether your store has now removed mbuy labelling for the Chomps - or, unlikely, is specifying the BC of the one that is 5 for 1 and applying the SEL only to that version).
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Dec 17, 6:57 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,469 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Schoolgirl error with the soup/beans.

14 items (11 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Lynx Attract for Her Washbag Gift Set (each) 7.00 3.37
    4x Heinz Beanz in Barbecue Sauce (390g) 3.80 2.60
    1x Lynx Duo Black Body Gift Set (each) 4.00 2.62
    1x Cravendale Semi Skimmed Milk (2l) 1.75 1.80
    1x Tassimo Kenco Americano Smooth Pods (128g) 3.99 3.00
    1x Dove Happiness Collection Duo Body Gift Set (each) 4.00 2.50
    1x Lynx Duo You Body Gift Set (each) 4.00 2.62
    1x Lynx Duo Africa Gift Set (each) 4.00 2.62
    1x Impulse Unique Mini Tin Gift Set (each) 4.00 2.25
    1x Tassimo Kenco Cappuccino Pods (260g) 3.99 3.00
    1x The Famous Grouse Blended Scotch Whisky (1l) 16.00 16.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 56.53 42.38

APG 18.39
    Originally posted by MKS
    Fewer of these schoolgirl errors in future please!
    Does the Famous Grouse pick up 15 for Sains. (may be able to help curl girl)?
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Dec 17, 7:00 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,469 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Savvy....A v M

5 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Tiger Cat Tray with Salmon in Pate (100g) 0.20 N/A
    1x Butcher's Classic Natural Nutrition Haddock in Jelly (400g) 0.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Tiger Senior Cat Tray with Chicken & Turkey in Pate (100g) 0.20 0.25
    1x ASDA Extra Special Coleslaw (300g) 1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Little Angels Sensitive Cotton Soft Baby Wipes 0+ Months (64pk) 0.55 0.56
    1x Poligrip Ultra Denture Fixative Cream (40g) 2.62 2.50
    1x ASDA Shades So Soft White Toilet Roll (4 roll) 1.75 1.75
    1x ASDA Green Pesto (190g) 0.98 1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 6.10 6.06
    +0.04 cheaper
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    I now have Poligrip Flavour Free 40g for 2.62 vs 2.34 M (don't know whether it currently works - I have only spotted it today).

• jax.26
    • By jax.26 4th Dec 17, 7:07 PM
    • 1,764 Posts
    • 21,617 Thanks
    jax.26
    From darkside

FREE Delivery on everything (no min spend) + 3 for 2 / 2 for 5 + An extra 10% off @ Thorntons
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Just looked this up and now reporting 15%off if you scroll down
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 4th Dec 17, 7:08 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 1,294 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    This my loreal shop from this morning
    1x ASDA Gravy Granules (200g) 0.20 0.20
    0.16x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.12 0.12
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) 0.10 0.10
    1x ASDA Sage & Onion Stuffing Mix (85g) 0.19 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mushy Peas (300g) 0.20 0.20
    1x ASDA Smart Price Spaghetti (500g) 0.23 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sliced Carrots in Water (300g) 0.20 0.20
    3x L'Oreal Paris The Golden Radiance Skincare Gift Set For Her (each) 36.00 19.11
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 0.10
    Comparison total (compared products only) 37.12
    I was going to give this a go tomorrow but can't see them on T's, was just wondering if you checked before you shopped if it was on t's then? Didn't want to buy any as I thought it may offend friends with the 'age perfect' but just found out my friend uses it. Aaaaaarrgh! Watch it not work tomorrow.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 7:12 PM
    • 49,044 Posts
    • 599,564 Thanks
    bubbs
    I was going to give this a go tomorrow but can't see them on T's, was just wondering if you checked before you shopped if it was on t's then? Didn't want to buy any as I thought it may offend friends with the 'age perfect' but just found out my friend uses it. Aaaaaarrgh! Watch it not work tomorrow.
    Originally posted by nettiebobs
    I scanned it with the msm app and came up on there, give me 10 mins and i will go and scan and see what happens
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 7:17 PM
    • 49,044 Posts
    • 599,564 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yes it scans ok on app still
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 4th Dec 17, 7:18 PM
    • 2,676 Posts
    • 37,560 Thanks
    Claire1972
    Depends on which Chomp you bought. Neither of them appear on the comp. so full prices will appear on the rest that appear if you don't buy a total of five of them. One version of the Chomps means you paid full price originally rather than the 5 for 1 that, I suspect, the shelving shows (depends on whether your store has now removed mbuy labelling for the Chomps - or, unlikely, is specifying the BC of the one that is 5 for 1 and applying the SEL only to that version).
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    I bought the right chomp. So does that mean the freddo caramel must be another trigger.
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 4th Dec 17, 7:21 PM
    • 4,663 Posts
    • 56,957 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Well, I've ordered the flowers for Xmas deliveries (MnS) and wrapped and packed and labelled the items going by post, so that's almost everybody done regarding gifts, and with the cards already sent, I think I've almost finished the main stuff.

Just a few local seasonal thank-you gifts to do.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 4th Dec 17, 7:23 PM
    • 16,442 Posts
    • 279,397 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Dizzy Ditzy

I hope that you are well and enjoyed your Santa run this year.
    Originally posted by MKS
    It was amazing what you saw on the video is pretty much how it was for two hours except the bikes weren't so packed in together
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • nettiebobs
    • By nettiebobs 4th Dec 17, 7:24 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 1,294 Thanks
    nettiebobs
    Yes it scans ok on app still
    Phew......... My friend is getting all 3 for chrimbo.
    She's already had 5 hand creams for her birthday plus shampoo.
    Good job she knows me. My niece is getting 30 packs of face wipes.
    They may as well get stuff they use.
    Thanks bubbs for that.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 4th Dec 17, 7:26 PM
    • 9,693 Posts
    • 112,599 Thanks
    emerald21
    Thank you!
    Originally posted by fuzzgun19
    Sometimes I get a carrot, a parsnip and an onion the making of a stew, or a banana for a banana butty for my breakfast goes nice with lotus spread
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Dec 17, 7:28 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,469 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I then found a further one on the shelves. Still not all of them - there was another poster elsewhere with more than seven on it but still not the further one on the shelf. I think I have got all of them now.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Famous Grouse and famous last words again. I had not got them all at all earlier - the 1L alcohol bottles at 15 - I now have found an additional one that my first store didn't have. Perhaps I now have them all? I knew, as soon as I saw the one my previous store missed, that I am wrong to think I have ever got all products of a range. I have been wrong in thinking I had everything before so many times and reluctant to say I have and, then, of course, the one occasion I do, I definitely did not have all of them! I do not know even now that I have got all of them and now will not say that I have, even though I probably have. In truth, to be sure that I have every variant and version I would have to visit literally every M before I can say that there is something that M have not got (and, even then, they might have had it at a time other than my visit). In all fairness, I probably have got everything now, although I can never be sure, but it is certainly better than what I had earlier in the day. I am working blind again in my stores without having checked online yet though - we shall see if online has any further ones that my stores missed (I cannot guarantee all are even online, I may have others online doesn't have or online may add more for me).

I have go to go out now - people are wanting their food! - no time to say everything from my second store even before I will now see another - however full price SELs again across Aussies: they are off in M.

My earlier store seemed still to have the offers on everything that was due to have ended yesterday except for the Aussies. However, the Danone Light & Free yogurts are still 1 today - at least the one I have scanned is - despite showing full price online. The 750g tomatoes are still 1 according to online - now regular price rather than offer price - I still have 1 showing in my stores but at the moment I am still doubting them over that. Clearly there are some items that are still out in promotional ends etc. that stores haven't got round to moving yet. I have one showing me an offer price but I don't think they are!

Separately, I am still trying to sort the Flash wipes - occasionally I get stuck on a set of items that I keep mentioning, so bear with me or skip the rest of this post. I am now thinking they are each 1 and haven't changed in price. I now think the APG may have got an incorrect price for the lemon wipes as too many of their stores showing 2 full price SEL. I think both versions haven't got up and haven't rolled over either - but have been 1 for several weeks and are currently continuing on that price towards their expiry date of 23rd December as originally planned, despite m.com showing 2 for Antibac., for which the APG currently has 1. I can't see anything instore that would change that price; however this is just my stores. I think each version is 1 until 23rd December - they may continue longer than that and they could always be pulled before that date. I am currently with 1 on antibac. and on lemon and should be satisfied with my stores but I am still questioning what I see. If I see another store...

I shall scream! No, I won't - I shall look at the shelf to see if the store even has either version and then look to see if they say 1 there too. Of course, all my stores could be wrong but, I hope, with more of them, I might be getting closer to the actual price if all of them are showing it. (Watch me get a 2 in the final place and end up totally not knowing what price they are at all.) Of course, the simple solution is to scan at the SS to see (I don't trust answers at the till, whether they are right or wrong - the offers don't always seem to come up on their display so if they told me 2 I would still be thinking "perhaps they are 1" and then, if I distrust them and scan at the SS what they have just told me is 2, sure enough they will be 1! And, if they told me 1 they would expect me to buy them and I couldn't do that). I was at my scan limit at the last store (couldn't leave a whole load of shopping at SS unfortunately) and something had to be left over and these two items were that.

Anyway, I am now taking someone with me (via a quick pop into third M for a check for now not that many items) to an evening meal, so I can now get them to try the Flash wipes can't I?

See you later.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-12-2017 at 7:41 PM.

• emerald21
    • By emerald21 4th Dec 17, 7:28 PM
    • 9,693 Posts
    • 112,599 Thanks
    emerald21
    Im starting to get bored of the app and I am only on my third day. 5 Shops, 4 parcels, all prize draws.
    Originally posted by davemorton

You ll soon liven up if you win a 50 Pizza Express Voucher
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 4th Dec 17, 7:33 PM
    • 9,693 Posts
    • 112,599 Thanks
    emerald21
    i`ve not been doing 10 a day but going to try for this last week.the novelty has worn off seeing others fab prizes but me only getting 3 vouchers so not decided about putting it on other phone.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    Its just luck isn t it and I m not usually very lucky in comps etc but doing alright with this. Only thing I haven t won is the 20 dining out card
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 4th Dec 17, 7:38 PM
    • 18,357 Posts
    • 199,977 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Just back from cabling up yet another pub for wifi

I have wrapped the presents

(bar one that is on its way from China...)

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    It took me 3 sessions of about 2-3 hours each to wrap all ours!! I make a rod for my own back though, 6 Christmas Stockings

Originally posted by Snap-ant
    Could make for an "interesting" Christmas

It's quite funny, in Jamaica Rastas tend to go to church quite regularly, it is actually legal to "smoke" in their church
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 7:41 PM
    • 49,044 Posts
    • 599,564 Thanks
    bubbs
    Phew......... My friend is getting all 3 for chrimbo.
    She's already had 5 hand creams for her birthday plus shampoo.
    Good job she knows me. My niece is getting 30 packs of face wipes.
    They may as well get stuff they use.
    Thanks bubbs for that.
    Originally posted by nettiebobs
    You are welcome, yes agree might as well have what they use
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

289Posts Today

1,682Users online

Martin's Twitter