Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,516Posts
    • 35,709Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 336
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 4th Dec 17, 1:42 PM
    • 1,727 Posts
    • 22,755 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    B&H worked today
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Dec 17, 1:53 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,468 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Izzy65....They are the right Power towels...The 4 pack...Looks like they have gone from comparison to Morries...
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    They have probably done what they have done with the SP and M Savers Toilet Rolls - noticed that they are different size. Whilst the Toilet Rolls have hopefully thankfully got rid of (I hope it does not come back) a bad comparison against M being double the size, the Kitchen Towels, the other way, were in our favour. They may come back on a future comparison, which we won't know unless wombles get them, but they are certainly off now. Can I check - is there any Scotland/England+Wales issue before I write them off for now? It may just be a temporary loss of them against M that could come back on the next collection (it won't retrospectively apply to this shop unfortunately) but I think it is probably now gone for good.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.

3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 4th Dec 17, 1:53 PM
    • 4,659 Posts
    • 56,909 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Did someone on here want Nestle Walnut Whips? Seem to remember something about that. Anyway, they are in Poundland, 3 in a pack, also there are different varieties available, original, mint and caramel.

Retail park absolutely crammed, only went to collect my fleece and get some binbags, then decided to get out of there pdq.

Fleece is lovely, perfect gift.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 4th Dec 17, 2:01 PM
    • 4,236 Posts
    • 86,557 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Did someone on here want Nestle Walnut Whips? Seem to remember something about that. Anyway, they are in Poundland, 3 in a pack, also there are different varieties available, original, mint and caramel.

Retail park absolutely crammed, only went to collect my fleece and get some binbags, then decided to get out of there pdq.

Fleece is lovely, perfect gift.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious

I think it was Arthien.

My mum announced yesterday she fancied a walnut whip so thanks from me, I will get some tomorrow.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 4th Dec 17, 2:03 PM
    • 1,795 Posts
    • 22,121 Thanks
    curl girl
    Yoghurt shop worked from this morning just can't fit them in the fridge!

Sa remembered me, saying you're the one who had a 10 apg from gift sets last week!!!!!!!

Didn't dare give her my 1 B&H.
    I'll use it in A different store.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 4th Dec 17, 2:04 PM
    • 4,236 Posts
    • 86,557 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Anyone wanting to bump a shop up in Waities, and still have the Covent Garden Soup coupons, six or seven of the soups are on My Picks.

I got Mum's paper, latte and 4 soups yesterday and paid 32p

Also came away with a till spit for a free 12x box of Whiskas Casserole cat food.

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 4th Dec 17, 2:09 PM
    • 1,795 Posts
    • 22,121 Thanks
    curl girl
    Does anyone know if famous grouse 1 litre is picking up S 15 price please as need 2 for gifts and could add to mums yoghurt shop.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Dec 17, 2:13 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,468 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Alright, now I get to what I have found in M so far. Aussies are now off in M (I will try for lots of 2s in another store but I think it's going to be no good). The good news however is that several 1L alcohol bottles it seems have gone to decent 15 price instead of being stuck on 16 that some or many of them (or maybe others) have been on for a number of weeks recently. However - no good on Baileys 10 - I am on 15 SEL today. The offer ran precisely between the two price collections.

I did see it at the weekend in M as I had to make an emergency journey. However, as far as the price collectors are concerned, they have probably seen it is at continuous 15. I cannot count the weekend - I therefore have no awareness whatsoever that it has ever been 10.

Apart from the above, it all appears fairly static in M at present. Not much is happening today - it seems much the same as it was last Wednesday. (Until I go to another store and find they have changed everything.) Last night I was in doubt about whether I was even going to M today - I did a shop at A first today and that reduced the amount of time I would have available for M but, with the lack of much happening, except the alcohol bottles that were not a lengthy task and the Aussies simply being off, the time needed for the first store has been less today. I am glad I have gone to M though, as I've found the alcohol now on, and there was some Christmas music playing when I was in the early part of the store which rather made me feel happy and in the Christmas mood. I generally don't like shops at this time of year (from end of October really) as they are so busy and crowded - not the fact people are there but just that slows me down getting around stores (when trying to do quick shopping rather than extended price collection, and then the wait at tills and the SS) - I don't know where people are the rest of the year, they just seem to come out during the late autumn/winter months!

I saw the alcohol immediately as there was a sandwich board outside my M showing three at 15 each. Aware that my M might not have every product in the offer, I noted which three were pictured. I then saw an offer poster showing seven in the store. So the three shown outside were not all of them. I then found a further one on the shelves. Still not all of them - there was another poster elsewhere with more than seven on it but still not the further one on the shelf. I think I have got all of them now.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Dec 17, 2:19 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,468 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Does anyone know if famous grouse 1 litre is picking up S 15 price please as need 2 for gifts and could add to mums yoghurt shop.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    If anyone is wondering, it won't be picking up M at 15 yet. As regards S, that should be more straightforward. Has it remained constantly at 15 recently there or has it just gone onto an offer? "Offer 15.00 - save 7.00." Offer on until 12/12/17. But when did it start? Msm showing it, but not apparently as an offer (no crossed out price) but as a 'regular price'. Price graph has vanished. "Famous Grouse sainsburys.co.uk" - Google cache - 15.00 offer - save 7.00, on early hours of 3rd December morning. Should be okay. Can't see why that would fail.

No, it should work. But I never can give any guarantee. Yeah, I'd go for it if I wanted it.

(I suppose, if worst, you are getting the Mullers free (better than!) so if it ended paying A's 18, the 3 and a bit more would be saved on the Mullers there, therefore effectively same as buying at 15 and paying 10 for 3 for the Mullers - lose the 10% except for 29p. If it ever was 21, then if it has full price in the system - I think it won't have, it's not been that online in the last day - then it would be 18.90 and A would come out cheaper than 10%. If the full price in S was actually more realistic it might have 18 vs 18 and still give some 10%. However, I don't think it's going to have that - it seems it is going to be 15 S. EDIT: I see you are buying two - so it would be a lose of 6 compared to buying in S if it failed or loss of 9 including 10%. I shouldn't worry about it - the checks suggest it will pick up 15 so it looks like it will be okay. Come on - it's not Mr T we are talking about where the items just disappear from t.com suddenly! It's Sains. - it'll be fine! Won't it?)
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-12-2017 at 2:30 PM.

• curl girl
    • By curl girl 4th Dec 17, 2:25 PM
    • 1,795 Posts
    • 22,121 Thanks
    curl girl
    If anyone is wondering, it won't be picking up M at 15 yet. As regards S, that should be more straightforward. Has it remained constantly at 15 recently there or has it just gone onto an offer? "Offer 15.00 - save 7.00." Offer on until 12/12/17. But when did it start? Msm showing it, but not apparently as an offer (no crossed out price) but as a 'regular price'. Price graph has vanished. "Famous Grouse sainsburys.co.uk" - Google cache - 15.00 offer - save 7.00, on early hours of 3rd December morning. Should be okay. Can't see why that would fail.

No, it should work. But I never can give any guarantee. Yeah, I'd go for it if I wanted it.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Thanks savvy.
    It's been on a couple of weeks I think.
    Or it may have been on and off.
    You know how it is.
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 4th Dec 17, 2:25 PM
    • 4,659 Posts
    • 56,909 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    No probs yesterday with 17 voucher.

I might put a giftcard at the front of my next shop just to bump the balance up ahead of the 19 one.

I see Propercorn has come back on COS.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• gocat
    • By gocat 4th Dec 17, 2:29 PM
    • 4,696 Posts
    • 56,080 Thanks
    gocat
    Yesterdays 1stop shop receipt confirmed by CoS
    but the day before that one is stil pending.
    Thought they would have gone in order or days
    Todays offer is half price strong bow. Will give that one a miss
    Got enough cider
    • aallank
    • By aallank 4th Dec 17, 2:33 PM
    • 2,186 Posts
    • 19,700 Thanks
    aallank
    Could anyone please tell me, with COS, with ie the happy down sparkling cocktail cans, do i need to buy both flavours on one receipt or if i buy one would i still get the cash back please?
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Dec 17, 2:33 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,468 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Thanks savvy.
    It's been on a couple of weeks I think.
    Or it may have been on and off.
    You know how it is.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I do. But it's not M either - it's static Sainsbobs website. They aren't the annoyances that T can be by going unavailable only to come back later, and they don't do this up and then down roll over price thing with their website as far as I am aware. If it's been on for a couple of weeks and is on for nearly a week more - it's constant, three weeks in total. It'll be fine - it's consistent price for the APG I would hope.

Even if on and off, and you might be joking with me there I think, it's on now at 15 and hasn't changed in price - I don't see a momentary full price for a few hours caught by the APG and then back to offer - it was 15 on 3rd December when Google caught it and if it went OOS, it's not been for 7 days so, particularly with consistent price now and then, barely 24 hours later, it will be 15 picked up. What you are worrying about? Of course I can't guarantee there won't be a temporary glitch in the system of N/A. However, barring all remote possibilities like that - we can't cater for everything possible that might theoretically happen but extremely likely indeed won't - I don't think there is a major problem, from what I see anyway. I don't want to guarantee it (unlike A), but I don't think there is much to worry about - even though the receipt entry will always have this moment of "will it or won't it work?" trepidation before you then, very most probably, see it does. It has worked before, I think during this offer and nothing's changed that I can see that would say to me that that situation would be upset.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-12-2017 at 2:42 PM.

• zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 4th Dec 17, 2:39 PM
    • 14,040 Posts
    • 228,986 Thanks
    zippydooda
    How do I check my registered email on the shoppix app please
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 4th Dec 17, 2:42 PM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 22,476 Thanks
    Saversue
    Good Afternoon All.

Don't know if it's any use to anyone but on HUD there is a code for a free 1 Month Entertainment Pass and 1 Month Film Pass.
    Don't think I am allowed to post link or codes, but very easy to find.

Could be useful for the Christmas Period, if you don't already have it.

Don't do both at once as cant add if have more than 30 days of an existing pass left. Wait a day to add second one.

Have just added Film Pass and cancelled straight away, so not to get charged in Jan.
    • Bikertov
    • By Bikertov 4th Dec 17, 2:44 PM
    • 1,535 Posts
    • 9,580 Thanks
    Bikertov
    Potentially massive APG
    So what do you lot think about this one:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/electric-toothbrushes/oralb-pro-2000-rechargeable-electric-toothbrush/910001417217

Oral B Electric toothbrush - 70.00 in A and 30.00 in T

A genuine price, no glitch, leading to a potential 43.00 APG.

I am looking at buying 2 of them (a genuine purchase), so a possible 83.00 APG.

What do you think the trouts will say to that ?
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Dec 17, 2:44 PM
    • 19,844 Posts
    • 260,468 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I have asked a couple of times before, but no-one has answered me yet as far as I can see. Do the Propercorns work versus M?

TIA.

• izzy65
    • By izzy65 4th Dec 17, 2:44 PM
    • 2,489 Posts
    • 41,672 Thanks
    izzy65
    Thank you marmie, as you say it's the correct towels just no longer comparing, savvy as you thought it might be a regional thing fyi I am in Scotland .
    Thank you to all who make these shopping trips possible, 3 dogs lists are so very much appreciated 👍💖
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 4th Dec 17, 2:45 PM
    • 16,439 Posts
    • 279,362 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Thankfully my parents shop worked

Voucher for 20.47
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,215Posts Today

5,875Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• Follow Martin