Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,503Posts
    • 35,679Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 335
    • michaels
    • By michaels 4th Dec 17, 12:04 PM
    • 19,919 Posts
    • 91,316 Thanks
    michaels
    I have also been meaning to say that those of us with a lot of Nectar points can use them up in our Mail accounts as we can get 5 vouchers for some shops (M&S and John Lewis?) for 800 points. Not as good as double up but still a bit better than just spending them on fuel.
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    Mail newspaper?!
    Cool heads and compromise
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 4th Dec 17, 12:07 PM
    • 825 Posts
    • 11,474 Thanks
    sarahskint
    I must have missed the pepsi being mentioned !! is it just the normal one glitching?
    • gocat
    • By gocat 4th Dec 17, 12:12 PM
    • 4,691 Posts
    • 56,046 Thanks
    gocat
    Afternoon all

At last my ds has got a non draw envelope from AP . Shes just used it for tfl when travelling to and from work She says she gets one envelope for tapiing in and one for tapping out, so 4 a day. Other 6 go to waste. Maybe she will try some shops now, she has got 2 x 3 greeegs
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 4th Dec 17, 12:12 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 27,651 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    11 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Thick Bleach Lemon (1l) 0.60 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Carrots (1kg) 0.45 N/A
    1x Hellmann's Real Squeezy Mayonnaise (705g) 2.00 2.00
    1x Pledge Multi-Surface Polish Jasmine (250ml) 1.00 1.00
    1x Silver Spoon Granulated Sugar (2kg) 1.35 0.88
    1x Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares Chewy Marshmallow Bar (4x28g) 1.70 1.92
    1x Kellogg's Coco Pops (510g) 2.68 2.00
    4x Pepsi Diet Cans (8x330) 10.00 5.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 0.10
    1x ASDA Shades Power Towels (4 roll) 4.00 N/A
    1x Cadbury Picnic Chocolate Bar 4 Pack (4x38g) 1.00 1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 19.83 13.90
    +5.93 cheaper
    For your information:

Thank you for the Pepsi info
    I bought the wrong towels and the Rice Krispie is against t's
    Pleased with the sugar price too🙂
    Originally posted by izzy65

Izzy65....They are the right Power towels...The 4 pack...Looks like they have gone from comparison to Morries...
    12 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 4th Dec 17, 12:13 PM
    • 825 Posts
    • 11,474 Thanks
    sarahskint
    I've read back and see that its normal and diet working - hopefully have some in my little a's later when I pop in........... thanks spud x
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 4th Dec 17, 12:15 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 27,651 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    I must have missed the pepsi being mentioned !! is it just the normal one glitching?
    Originally posted by sarahskint
    It is these Pepsi cans against Morries....No trigger just a pricing error by Ms

Pepsi Diet Cans8x330
    Product Code: 3111506

Price 2.50(9.5p per 100ml)
    Last edited by marmitelovemehateme; 04-12-2017 at 12:19 PM.
    12 Days to go

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 4th Dec 17, 12:20 PM
    • 1,782 Posts
    • 21,939 Thanks
    curl girl
    It is these Pesps cans against Morries....No trigger just a pricing error by Ms

Pepsi Diet Cans8x330
    Product Code: 3111506

Price 2.50(9.5p per 100ml)
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Thanks marmie, only 2 on shelf in big A this morning.

Sarah my 2 little stores don't stock it as tried on Saturday.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 4th Dec 17, 12:20 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 27,651 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    I've read back and see that its normal and diet working - hopefully have some in my little a's later when I pop in........... thanks spud x
    Originally posted by sarahskint

sarahskint.....Not sure that it is the normal Pepsi working ....Only the diet.....Unless you have seen something I have missed
    12 Days to go

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 12:23 PM
    • 48,891 Posts
    • 598,241 Thanks
    bubbs
    Anyone reported bayliss and hard8ng working please or anyone got one due?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 4th Dec 17, 12:32 PM
    • 2,401 Posts
    • 27,651 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Not seen anything today bubbles
    12 Days to go

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 12:40 PM
    • 48,891 Posts
    • 598,241 Thanks
    bubbs
    Thanks typical any other day loads
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • gocat
    • By gocat 4th Dec 17, 12:47 PM
    • 4,691 Posts
    • 56,046 Thanks
    gocat
    Thanks typical any other day loads
    Wondering what you do with all these B&H's bubbs
    You seem to have loads
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 4th Dec 17, 12:49 PM
    • 48,891 Posts
    • 598,241 Thanks
    bubbs
    Wondering what you do with all these B&H's bubbs
    You seem to have loads
    Originally posted by gocat
    I'm not buying my sister is. Her 2nd glitchy shop i font want it to fail for her. I actually have 6 the others I got were for ilovetoshop
    Last edited by bubbs; 04-12-2017 at 2:46 PM.
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 4th Dec 17, 12:59 PM
    • 16,430 Posts
    • 279,269 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    My first one ever is due in about half an hour
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • chandlerscroft
    • By chandlerscroft 4th Dec 17, 1:02 PM
    • 2,570 Posts
    • 48,546 Thanks
    chandlerscroft
    I can confirm the B&H Mandarin Benefit sets worked at 730 this morning. HTH
    Last edited by chandlerscroft; 04-12-2017 at 1:26 PM.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 4th Dec 17, 1:07 PM
    • 16,430 Posts
    • 279,269 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    Well, this mornings asda trip was fun! I took my parents with me, diligently following the list that I'd given them which I'd taken from post 210.

First problem is that we couldn't find the gift sets we had been looking for so came up with an alternative. My mum kept picking random ones up and asking if they'd work. They weren't on the list so they weren't going in.

Once we'd finished our shops, off we go to self scan. Mum hates those things anyway so I went first to show her how to do it. APG breaks the till and we have to decamp three separate shops off to a manned till. All goes well until I hear the total of my parents shop - more than both of mine combined!

Turns out that the AB and Palmolive shower gel are no longer on multibuy. Please everyone keep your fingers crossed that their shop works
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Dec 17, 1:23 PM
    • 19,829 Posts
    • 260,328 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    11 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Thick Bleach Lemon (1l) 0.60 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Carrots (1kg) 0.45 N/A
    1x Hellmann's Real Squeezy Mayonnaise (705g) 2.00 2.00
    1x Pledge Multi-Surface Polish Jasmine (250ml) 1.00 1.00
    1x Silver Spoon Granulated Sugar (2kg) 1.35 0.88
    1x Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares Chewy Marshmallow Bar (4x28g) 1.70 1.92
    1x Kellogg's Coco Pops (510g) 2.68 2.00
    4x Pepsi Diet Cans (8x330) 10.00 5.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 0.10
    1x ASDA Shades Power Towels (4 roll) 4.00 N/A
    1x Cadbury Picnic Chocolate Bar 4 Pack (4x38g) 1.00 1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 19.83 13.90
    +5.93 cheaper
    For your information:

Thank you for the Pepsi info
    I bought the wrong towels and the Rice Krispie is against t's
    Pleased with the sugar price too��
    Originally posted by izzy65
    Did you? They look to me like the right ones - longer rolls, total 400 sheets? Or they are what were right but are now wrong due to the collectors going N/A - the ones you have there are the right A price (last time I looked and bought them there weren't any others in my A of 4 price, so I bought the only ones I could see at that price and they were the right ones). If you have got what were correct, it looks like the collectors are no longer comparing them.

I had a failure against M on the Flash wipes yesterday. I got caught by Antibac going up to 2 online and, at the last moment, I panicked instore and switched to 2x Lemon as they still showed 1 online. It turns out if I'd bought two Antibac they would have worked and still are working against M.

Vs M
    1x Flash All Purpose Cleaning Wipes Antibacterial (60pk) 2.00 1.00

I bought some more wipes today, with Mullers against Sainsbobs. However, if I'd gone for my original shopping of one of each version, I would still have failed.

I had 1 for each from M on Wednesday - I have no idea what price they actually were. Lemon maintained 1 online, APG has 2 - Antibac online went from 1 to 2. A went up from 1 to 2 recently and may have caused M to do that - they were due to be on until 23rd December but according to online it seems the offer was pulled. I thought the offer on Antibac had been pulled, although after Wednesday's price collection - I should have gone with what I knew to be correct but online made me quiver and switch to Lemon that it was showing at 1. As for lemon, it may have been rolled over, may have continued like it was due to or may have gone back up on the SELs on Wednesday in order to go back down again and 'roll' the offer over, or maybe more of the collection stores just had incorrect 2 SELs for that all along and had never shown the offer. I had 1 but, for all I know, it could have been 2 all along (with my 1 store never removing the offer label and instead showing both at 1 when antibac went on offer, which either overlapped with lemon at 1 or lemon went up to 2 whilst antibac went to 1). If it was 2 all along, therefore an offer on Lemon could have started after Wednesday, missing the price collection.

You see, the problem I have is that, today, my M that has shown 2 on each of them all through and never put the offers on either of them, whilst antibac appeared from online to be 1 but then to have come on offer, now has price crutch 1 labels on each. I need a second store (and probably more than that that, today, I am not going to have) but, with antibac appearing to have ended on offer and gone to 2 online, my store that had been consistently (I think wrongly) 2 before has, right now, gone to 1! Was antibac going up to come back down? I have no idea.

More importantly (about me leaving it to here), again I am currently in lack of clarity from my store, so it is anyone's guess, I would say - currently, from one store, but this isn't my final view - that I think the Aussies are more likely going to be over on the APG soon (not today though, so get all the shops you need in and checked!). I still have 2 showing in a selection of them near an aisle end, taken away from the main shelf. However, my main shelf, which was near consistently 2 before in this M, is now full price 4.50 SELs across virtually the lot of them. It doesn't matter if offers are showing elsewhere in the store - the main aisle is what counts and, with mine going to full price SELs there (probably more correct than items out like they are on an offer elsewhere in the store that just simply haven't been moved yet, except they just have a single one showing 2 offer on the main aisle shelves in order to tease me - I don't think that's right, they have just 'forgotten', or not noticed, to remove one label and it is on a lower shelf), I think more Ms will be going to full price SELs today and therefore APG likely full price M. If m.com is now suggesting regular, continued 2, then I think M generally are going to full price SELs today in order to put the 2 on display tomorrow or Wednesday in order to continue the products then at that price. Therefore, is on now, may be off from this collection (beginning earliest tomorrow morning should last until at least Thursday, latest has been Saturday) but could be on again for the weekend from Wednesday's collection (depending on whether they are 2 SEL in M on Wednesday).

EDIT: 4.50 now online. It is going off, as was originally going to be the case. Aussies are going to be over soon. Unless the fluke of the price collectors having several stores that fail to take away the offer labelling, a very unlikely chance, this is now running out of time and going to be in its last hours now - and may end as early as tomorrow morning (mid-morning or early afternoon is more usual - which means shopping at least 2 hours earlier than that - we could have an extra day, or unlikely more, but I would get all the shopping done by tonight and checked immediately - do not forget and leave your receipts around and check them on some later date - I certainly wouldn't be leaving this until tomorrow late morning to check: shopping two hours earlier than that may still be too late).
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-12-2017 at 1:39 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 4th Dec 17, 1:35 PM
    • 16,430 Posts
    • 279,269 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    My B&H shop worked

• midwinter
    • By midwinter 4th Dec 17, 1:37 PM
    • 3,530 Posts
    • 70,832 Thanks
    midwinter
    Do you have a link for this one as never sure which one it is in asda
    Originally posted by choclate24

https://groceries.asda.com/product/gifts-for-him/dove-mencare-ultimate-care-gift-set-with-shower-tool/910003257563

8 each on SEL
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 4th Dec 17, 1:41 PM
    • 16,430 Posts
    • 279,269 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    One for the Tesco filler lost is nestle milky bar medium white chocolate bar (25g) 0.60 v 0.49

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,023Posts Today

8,522Users online

Martin's Twitter