Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,505Posts
    • 35,686Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 332
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 4th Dec 17, 12:10 AM
    • 25,200 Posts
    • 309,395 Thanks
    davemorton
    Very touching....
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 4th Dec 17, 12:17 AM
    • 1,412 Posts
    • 15,979 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Thank you. Smiling to myself that your keeping hubby in suspense

Edited
    Having looked at yours. I expect the one I ordered to be 702 as well
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    He'll be none the wiser if I tell him zippy wanted to know
    • Bikertov
    • By Bikertov 4th Dec 17, 12:50 AM
    • 1,534 Posts
    • 9,572 Thanks
    Bikertov
    Was this in W? Edit, based on the username of the person you asked, I guess it was. Not my local but my local has no proper corn nor Muller trigger so I went further afield. Did you see me spending 20 mins at the checkout arranging my purchases into 5 baskets and typing in 4 other large but sub 20 apgs?
    Originally posted by michaels
    Was it you !

I won't say anymore details to identify you, but I was 2 self checkouts behind

Waited for about 10 minutes to have a chat but couldn't wait any longer

I was going to use a large APG myself, but decided not to after seeing the supervisor grilling you.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 4th Dec 17, 1:08 AM
    • 19,829 Posts
    • 260,332 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    A reminder that the Aussie offer in M was expected to end today. Still showing 2 on m.com - I don't know if they will be rolled over. I don't think they will. However, each time I mention something M roll the offer over.

Perhaps get your shopping done in A and check your receipt today, certainly if you have a look at m.com in daytime and find the price has changed. Even if m.com doesn't change by then, the price could have changed in store and be updated on m.com a little later. I think the 2 price is probably too good an offer, in terms of advertised offers, that M wouldn't be wanting to be keep it on for very long - I think it is more likely to end, as m.com originally stated, today.

However, in just an attempt to tease me, I am teetering on the brink and starting to change my mind mid-sentence as I post this, looking at m.com as I do so. I now notice the end date is now no longer on m.com for at least one of these products selected at random and the products appear to be no longer showing the 2 as an offer on there: now they just say 2, which suggests that price will now continue (at least until it is changed) as a 'regular price'.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-12-2017 at 1:14 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 4th Dec 17, 2:31 AM
    • 2,769 Posts
    • 41,414 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    On mine I use a USB/lightning cable. One end in phone other in computer Make sure that you have selected media transfer option (and not charging only)that should be in box on phone it pulls down lol.

Then it asks if you want to download pics on computer and they appear
    Originally posted by tweets
    I email to myself, download and then postimage, there is perhaps an easier way , but thats my way
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I was about to say the same - email them to yourself. Or you should be able to connect your phone to the computer via a lead and download that way.
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    Can't get email to work on my phone but hadn't thought about using a lead, will give it a go
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 4th Dec 17, 3:14 AM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 144,966 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Night Owl catch up for me. I was out last night at the home of one of our volunteers at Ravenswood Rescue, our Christmas Party Host made some food, the rest took bits and bobs of food, and I took lots of free ciders, lagers and soft drinks which went down well

I also took a larges selection of toiletries and gift sets and ran through what I had paid for each, the cheapest price you could buy them at right now, and what I was asking as a fair price but to get a good amount for the rescue. Sold plenty, and ended up with 50 to put in the pot, which held 10 from each of us as a donation for our night, rather than a meal in restaurant. It all went so well, we will do it like this in future. It was a wonderful happy gathering

Got home about 10pm
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 18, Nov 19/16

3for2 list is post 210, Fillers are 211-214
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 4th Dec 17, 3:16 AM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 144,966 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Good morning everyone. Happy Sunday. i agree TM, there is so much to do at the minute. Still not got any toiletries but am very temped with the Ausie - thanks Josie for the shop to copy.

Did my first big gift shop yesterday & got 5 shops. This one did not work and I am certain I bought the correct one:

Adidas Pure Game Trio Gift Set (Greeny yellow) - DID NOT WORK SATURDAY

Came back n/a against T. Hope this helps someone. I now have loads of gifts for raffles, etc and will wrap a few for various Xmas appeals. Thanks everyone for test shops and 3Dogs for the list. Going back for more today to use my new large APGs again.

For the B&H gifts, i was buying 1 of each then a 10 mens dove washbag. This allowed me to have a little overage for my fillers and also gave me male pressies for next year. Also saved on fillers as well.

Off to feed my Xmas cakes now.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    I've never had any Adidas sets on my list, so confused

I am going to separate this off as it may otherwise have been missed/unnoticed.

3Dogs!

The VO5s were and are no longer on 3Dogs' list and, although my A still has them in the display in the "3 for 2" aisle, it no longer has 3 for 2 showing on the shelving for them. It did have before - and, therefore, in a similar situation to the Original Sources, I now think they are no longer on the offer. My M list was out of date and I have now deleted them.

3Dogs' list is also out of date. First, the Lynx shower gels are now off as A has reduced its price to 1 on them.

Second, the list says that the Dove Handwash is now on a reduced price in M. However, it is not on a reduced price in M - there has been no change in price there but instead this was a glitch on Monday's price collection picking up incorrect pricing for M, at least on the original version, probably of 2 for 1.80 mbuy from some other product. It does not work from Wednesday's data and this glitch is now over:

Today's comp. vs M:
    1x Dove Supreme Fine Silk Beauty Cream Hand Wash (250ml) 1.50 1.00
    2x Dove Original Beauty Cream Hand Wash (250ml) 3.00 2.00

I suspected this was going to be the case and, indeed, it is. I was not unhappy with 1 price for M, although hoping for 2 for 1.80 (I suspect Silk would have given 1 even if the glitch had been on here as I think the 1.80 price on the list on the other Dove is not 90p each but is 2 for 1.80 mbuy and three total were bought but I was not going to buy six). I ended up with 3x 1.10 S.

Fwiw, the SP Processed Peas tins, that were slightly glitching probably against Garden peas tin vs M, have now corrected from 21p M to 25p M. I ended up with same price vs S anyway.

3Dogs is doing an excellent job trying to keep up, whilst I am being sent round from Antibac Wipes to Lemon Wipes to Antibac and then back again to Lemon due to stores putting their prices up, down, back up and back down on them.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Thanks Savvy, will update now

NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 18, Nov 19/16

• 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 4th Dec 17, 4:12 AM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 144,966 Thanks
    3Dogs
    POST 210 now updated

Sorry no time to update Fillers lists yet

• Honeybee1978
    • By Honeybee1978 4th Dec 17, 5:54 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 537 Thanks
    Honeybee1978
    (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) 0.25 0.25
    4x Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moisture Deep Conditioner for thirsty hair (250ml) 18.00 8.00
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.11 0.15
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.11 0.11
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) 0.11 0.10
    1x ASDA Buttermilk (300ml) 0.78 0.70
    0.09x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) 0.05 0.05
    3x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 1.05 0.75
    2x Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Shine Deep
    • underperky
    • By underperky 4th Dec 17, 6:26 AM
    • 4,954 Posts
    • 63,326 Thanks
    underperky
    Good morning
    • underperky
    • By underperky 4th Dec 17, 6:33 AM
    • 4,954 Posts
    • 63,326 Thanks
    underperky
    Just to say I got Loreal lip cracker yesterday and pink came back as n/a
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 4th Dec 17, 6:34 AM
    • 4,643 Posts
    • 56,753 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Good morning all

All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 4th Dec 17, 6:58 AM
    • 2,437 Posts
    • 27,856 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning....Lovely fullish moon this morning.....Makes it good for walking the boy...Can see where I am going....

Where did the last week go too....Doesn't time fly when you are having fun...

Have great days...Not long until the Xmas break for those that work...

11 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 4th Dec 17, 7:04 AM
    • 4,643 Posts
    • 56,753 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    East Anglia Co op initiative to stop food waste - items to sell for 10p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42217026
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• mrs lds
    • By mrs lds 4th Dec 17, 7:04 AM
    • 3,515 Posts
    • 19,206 Thanks
    mrs lds
    Good morning beautiful people ! Lovely bright day ahead
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 4th Dec 17, 7:10 AM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 144,966 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Good morning

Just to say I got Loreal lip cracker yesterday and pink came back as n/a
    Originally posted by underperky
    It does look like it is back to only one working - the nude/beige one

• Blacklist
    • By Blacklist 4th Dec 17, 7:20 AM
    • 39 Posts
    • 851 Thanks
    Blacklist
    The Aussie hair stuff is showing full price on it's website. - morrison website i meant.
    • diluvsdiscounts
    • By diluvsdiscounts 4th Dec 17, 7:26 AM
    • 3,207 Posts
    • 32,551 Thanks
    diluvsdiscounts
    Good morning.
    Weight lost so far 2 stone 5lb
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 4th Dec 17, 7:33 AM
    • 9,683 Posts
    • 112,501 Thanks
    emerald21
    Hi bubbs I suspect that she has probably gone off cruising again. My reasoning being
    1. she was trying to get all her xmas shopping done last week
    2. she went around this time last year
    3. she last posted from Ikea cafe - probably Southampton
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    Nellie the sleuth

Good Morning all
    • bcw123
    • By bcw123 4th Dec 17, 7:38 AM
    • 909 Posts
    • 13,291 Thanks
    bcw123
    good morning Techie advise needed I have bt broadband but I use aol emails(my old provider) I have received message from aol stating that they will be discontinuing AIM has any one else received this message and if so does it mean I will not be able use an aol email address any help appreciated
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,103Posts Today

7,909Users online

Martin's Twitter