Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,501Posts
    • 35,674Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 331
    • tweets
    • By tweets 3rd Dec 17, 10:01 PM
    • 28,083 Posts
    • 413,933 Thanks
    tweets
    by some remote chance, has anyone on here got a Hotpoint FFU4DK Fridge Freezer
    most appliances are actually a little smaller than what is stated eg my current one is advertised at 600mm but its actually 590mm
    i need the one ive ordered to be 695 or less but its advertised size is 700mm
    Originally posted by zippydooda
    No Zippy not me
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 3rd Dec 17, 10:04 PM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 16,459 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    i can confirm josie ann is a petite slim lady.how was gordale,not been there for years.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    Overpriced and not very exciting unfortunately, thank you for asking. It was Christmassy though. I think I like Burley Dam displays better.
    Thank you for the kind comment x
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 3rd Dec 17, 10:05 PM
    • 14,027 Posts
    • 228,822 Thanks
    zippydooda
    i wonder where i can locate a sun savers code for today.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Dec 17, 10:08 PM
    • 48,849 Posts
    • 597,934 Thanks
    bubbs
    Fine thank you bubbs, busy trying to get xmas shopping done. Got a few more things today with DD1
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    I am nearly done, just my sister, she is a pain said she wanted and echo dot, could have got for 25 on BF, then she said no want a necklace for a pendant she had for her birthday.
    Today she said you know i said i didnt want an echo? yesssssssss says me, well she said i have seen one working now and would like one there 50 odd again now
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 3rd Dec 17, 10:22 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 15,919 Thanks
    Nellie35
    by some remote chance, has anyone on here got a Hotpoint FFU4DK Fridge Freezer
    most appliances are actually a little smaller than what is stated eg my current one is advertised at 600mm but its actually 590mm
    i need the one ive ordered to be 695 or less but its advertised size is 700mm
    Hi zippy, we have the Hotpoint FFU3DK which is practically the same apart from the freezer design and is quoted as being the same size ie 700mm. I have just got DH to measure it and it is 702mm, definitely not under 700mm sorry Of course it is possible that the FFU4DK could be different, hth.
    DH is now curious as to why I needed to know the exact measurement. I think I will keep him in suspense
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Dec 17, 10:24 PM
    • 48,849 Posts
    • 597,934 Thanks
    bubbs
    Hi zippy, we have the Hotpoint FFU3DK which is practically the same apart from the freezer design and is quoted as being the same size ie 700mm. I have just got DH to measure it and it is 702mm, definitely not under 700mm sorry Of course it is possible that the FFU4DK could be different, hth.
    DH is now curious as to why I needed to know the exact measurement. I think I will keep him in suspense
    Naughty Nellie
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 3rd Dec 17, 10:24 PM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 15,919 Thanks
    Nellie35
    I am nearly done, just my sister, she is a pain said she wanted and echo dot, could have got for 25 on BF, then she said no want a necklace for a pendant she had for her birthday.
    Today she said you know i said i didnt want an echo? yesssssssss says me, well she said i have seen one working now and would like one there 50 odd again now
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Oh dear, I feel your pain
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Dec 17, 10:29 PM
    • 48,849 Posts
    • 597,934 Thanks
    bubbs
    Oh dear, I feel your pain
    She is a paini have cashed my cs in for amazon vouchers so will only have just over 1/3rd to pay
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Dec 17, 10:31 PM
    • 48,849 Posts
    • 597,934 Thanks
    bubbs
    Right im off to bed, night all
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bargainqueen8
    • By bargainqueen8 3rd Dec 17, 10:33 PM
    • 1,708 Posts
    • 23,510 Thanks
    bargainqueen8
    Overpriced and not very exciting unfortunately, thank you for asking. It was Christmassy though. I think I like Burley Dam displays better.
    Thank you for the kind comment x
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    sounds like round here.we went to barton grange and didnt think it was as good as usual but love a local garden centre that just gets you feeling christmassy as soon as you walk through the door,we were talking to the bloke who always does the christmas trees,he`s worked there for 30 years so a go employer to.
    • HILLBERN
    • By HILLBERN 3rd Dec 17, 10:34 PM
    • 2,206 Posts
    • 26,412 Thanks
    HILLBERN
    ..Hello everyone,

I went to T to get rtc salad and fruit to take with me to London for my babysitting duties
    I had about 7 transactions for my droid app

I only went and won 50 pizza express

im actually planning to go there on Friday lunchtime so that will come in useful.

sorry I haven't had time to read back so I hope all are as well as can be expected x
    • midwinter
    • By midwinter 3rd Dec 17, 10:42 PM
    • 3,530 Posts
    • 70,830 Thanks
    midwinter
    Yes, do you use it as well?
    Originally posted by josie_ann57

My parents always used that as well
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open
    • locarr
    • By locarr 3rd Dec 17, 10:59 PM
    • 7,759 Posts
    • 138,899 Thanks
    locarr
    are you sure your not in denial

My swimming trunks appear to have shrunk this year too...
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • michaels
    • By michaels 3rd Dec 17, 11:00 PM
    • 19,904 Posts
    • 91,277 Thanks
    michaels
    i wonder where i can locate a sun savers code for today.
    Allegedly there is no need for a code to make an order, a random 8 digit number works, but at about 4pm today the T&C changed to require a copy of the 'ad' in the paper to collect....
    Cool heads and compromise
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 3rd Dec 17, 11:04 PM
    • 14,027 Posts
    • 228,822 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Thank you. Smiling to myself that your keeping hubby in suspense

Edited
    Having looked at yours. I expect the one I ordered to be 702 as well
    Last edited by zippydooda; 03-12-2017 at 11:15 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Dec 17, 11:10 PM
    • 19,827 Posts
    • 260,298 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I can talk earlier, about the Lynx shower gel still being on 3Dogs' list!

Savvybuyer's M list
    3xLynx Body Wash - You Clean Fresh (250ml)1.50 3 for 2 then 1.50x3 1.00x3
    3xLynx Body Wash - You Energised (250ml)1.50 3 for 2 then 1.50x3 1.00x3
    3xLynx Body Wash - You Refreshed (250ml)1.50 3 for 2 then 1.50x3 1.00x3
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    [-----zip-----]
    Gone from mine, within the next few seconds.
    A now 1 each.

EDIT: And I've called it "shower gel" when I should have called it body wash. (...How could I be so inaccurate?!?) That was just from the top of my memory (faulty on this occasion) - I, and you, knew what I meant!
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 04-12-2017 at 12:24 AM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Bikertov
    • By Bikertov 3rd Dec 17, 11:13 PM
    • 1,534 Posts
    • 9,572 Thanks
    Bikertov
    My dove mens sets with shower tool worked this afternoon. Im back in the game
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    I saw someone in your local getting a grilling last night over a 20+ APG

Heard him saying about gift sets on offer in Tesco etc etc.

Waited for him to come out to chat, but he must have gone out via the other exit.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 3rd Dec 17, 11:22 PM
    • 19,904 Posts
    • 91,277 Thanks
    michaels
    I saw someone in your local getting a grilling last night over a 20+ APG

Heard him saying about gift sets on offer in Tesco etc etc.

Waited for him to come out to chat, but he must have gone out via the other exit.
    Originally posted by Bikertov
    Was this in W? Edit, based on the username of the person you asked, I guess it was. Not my local but my local has no proper corn nor Muller trigger so I went further afield. Did you see me spending 20 mins at the checkout arranging my purchases into 5 baskets and typing in 4 other large but sub 20 apgs?
    Last edited by michaels; 03-12-2017 at 11:29 PM.
    Cool heads and compromise
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 3rd Dec 17, 11:39 PM
    • 19,827 Posts
    • 260,298 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Thank you for posting that - I have a few shops meticulously planned for tomorrow and one of them is an Aussie shop and had the dove hand wash on it. I have now removed it!
    Originally posted by Dizzy Ditzy
    Aussie shouldn't have gone with Dove handwash anyway, as individual prices of 4 (or 4.50) and 1.50 mean the Dove handwash gives a deduction of just 1.50 off the cost of the trio (two Aussies and one Dove) and therefore, in that sense, costs 2.50 or 3 (of course it depends on competitor prices too - we're advised not to shop for different A-priced items in the same shop for this reason. Technically however it could be broken if the individual A prices are, say, higher ones like some of the gift set items and if a third item is something like, for example, just 50p less in a situation where the competitor price on the slightly lower-priced A item is a somewhat better offer than the offer they have on the more expensive individual price A items. However, if it's lower-value items like handwashes then I wouldn't go for an item at a 50p individual price less, as it's a significant percentage loss. I saw someone's shop where they mixed up different prices on some gift sets - however I thought it was quite good as they bought two of the higher priced A item and only bought one of the "cheaper" A item and still got a comparison where the difference on the cheaper A item was possibly as much as that on the higher priced items due to T's lower offer price on the lower priced A item).

The Dove original handwash does still work (vs M), back to its original comp. rather than the glitched one, just that it seems we are now confined to that and can't buy any Lynx anymore (that were same price). It should not be mixed with Aussies. The Dove Silk handwash also works, again back to a previous comparison and I have separately mentioned it as I can't bring myself to say "rather than the glitched one" in respect of it, since I think this item may be a glitch all along in that it may be that M does not have it and it has "always" been picking up the original version and comparing on it from Silk as well. In that sense, the current 1 individual M price on the silk on the APG (who knows if there is an mbuy there behind it?, but I suspect not if it is precisely following the Dove original) may also be a glitch as strictly maybe it should not compare at all. If it is a glitch by comparing when it should not (unless M really have Dove silk but I have just never found it) then, if it is now not 2 at total 1.80, it is a less favourable glitch than the two separate glitches on the same item of before that had the second glitch of picking up an incorrect price (if indeed it ever worked on this silk product). In the technical sense in which I see the world, therefore it would not be "back to an original price comparison rather than a glitched one" - it still is a glitched one, albeit a less favourable glitch (if indeed picking up a price for M is one, which in my view it would be if it is the case that M doesn't have this product).

Technical accuracy, that complicates things for most people, rather than the straightforward broad picture.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 03-12-2017 at 11:58 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 4th Dec 17, 12:00 AM
    • 14,135 Posts
    • 247,307 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    https://www.facebook.com/RedandHowling/videos/1507574212631165/

just seeing if this works,,,
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,346Posts Today

8,115Users online

Martin's Twitter