Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,513Posts
    • 35,707Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 328
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 3rd Dec 17, 8:05 PM
    • 25,203 Posts
    • 309,416 Thanks
    davemorton
    A huge no no in our family! Our other saying, when necessary, was FHB. Anyone know what it stands for?
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    Its just unhygienic and dirty. They arnt doing themselves any favours advertising it, just says scruffy wench to me.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Dec 17, 8:06 PM
    • 48,946 Posts
    • 598,752 Thanks
    bubbs
    Right i have found the referral link for quidco, do i just email it and dh click though there? please
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 7lb week 38
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 3rd Dec 17, 8:07 PM
    • 1,794 Posts
    • 22,103 Thanks
    curl girl
    Afternoon all
    Took my sis on her first glitchy shop while dh was fixing her lappy, its going to be hard work with her thats why i usually do them for her
    Originally posted by bubbs
    My sister can't get it either bubbs but is quite happy to receive goody bags every so often!

Evening peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 3rd Dec 17, 8:08 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 4,099 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Boo hoo, B&H lime and mint set coming back N/A today v T.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Dec 17, 8:08 PM
    • 32,128 Posts
    • 457,784 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thank you very much. Can we only print one please?
    Originally posted by Picasso7
    I got a couple and used them both in A today.

Think I have BH to thank for the Baxters soup.

Think I have enough on standby to get me through the winter
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Dec 17, 8:08 PM
    • 48,946 Posts
    • 598,752 Thanks
    bubbs
    Top right of the home page, hover mouse over the little person icon, and a drop down menu appears, and its in there.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Thanks will have a look, found referral link as post above but what do i do with it as cant click on it
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 3rd Dec 17, 8:08 PM
    • 25,203 Posts
    • 309,416 Thanks
    davemorton
    Right i have found the referral link for quidco, do i just email it and dh click though there? please
    I believe so, yes.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Dec 17, 8:10 PM
    • 48,946 Posts
    • 598,752 Thanks
    bubbs
    I believe so, yes.
    Thanks
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    • 48,946 Posts
    • 598,752 Thanks
    bubbs
    Boo hoo, B&H lime and mint set coming back N/A today v T.
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    Is that the mens?
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 3rd Dec 17, 8:15 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 4,099 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Is that the mens?
    Yes, did I get the wrong one?
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 3rd Dec 17, 8:15 PM
    • 6,790 Posts
    • 56,060 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    Stotties all the way.
    I like their sausage n bean pasty.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Dec 17, 8:17 PM
    • 48,946 Posts
    • 598,752 Thanks
    bubbs
    My sister can't get it either bubbs but is quite happy to receive goody bags every so often!

Evening peeps.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Evening, she did DTD in t though and got that, she went in for the kill today though first apg 19.84 b and h gift sets, i said if you get questioned what will you say, she is good at acting dumb she said i will say i dunno i just saw the price guarantee advertised so thought id give it a go
    Then she said what do you want for xmas? dh said not a gift set
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Dec 17, 8:18 PM
    • 48,946 Posts
    • 598,752 Thanks
    bubbs
    lots of laughs there
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    • 48,946 Posts
    • 598,752 Thanks
    bubbs
    Yes, did I get the wrong one?
    Originally posted by chocaholics
    Dunno not got any as never knew which ones they were
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 3rd Dec 17, 8:19 PM
    • 25,203 Posts
    • 309,416 Thanks
    davemorton
    lots of laughs there
    Where? ........
    • Dizzy Ditzy
    • By Dizzy Ditzy 3rd Dec 17, 8:24 PM
    • 16,439 Posts
    • 279,354 Thanks
    Dizzy Ditzy
    I am going to separate this off as it may otherwise have been missed/unnoticed.

3Dogs!

The VO5s were and are no longer on 3Dogs' list and, although my A still has them in the display in the "3 for 2" aisle, it no longer has 3 for 2 showing on the shelving for them. It did have before - and, therefore, in a similar situation to the Original Sources, I now think they are no longer on the offer. My M list was out of date and I have now deleted them.

3Dogs' list is also out of date. First, the Lynx shower gels are now off as A has reduced its price to 1 on them.

Second, the list says that the Dove Handwash is now on a reduced price in M. However, it is not on a reduced price in M - there has been no change in price there but instead this was a glitch on Monday's price collection picking up incorrect pricing for M, at least on the original version, probably of 2 for 1.80 mbuy from some other product. It does not work from Wednesday's data and this glitch is now over:

Today's comp. vs M:
    1x Dove Supreme Fine Silk Beauty Cream Hand Wash (250ml) 1.50 1.00
    2x Dove Original Beauty Cream Hand Wash (250ml) 3.00 2.00

I suspected this was going to be the case and, indeed, it is. I was not unhappy with 1 price for M, although hoping for 2 for 1.80 (I suspect Silk would have given 1 even if the glitch had been on here as I think the 1.80 price on the list on the other Dove is not 90p each but is 2 for 1.80 mbuy and three total were bought but I was not going to buy six). I ended up with 3x 1.10 S.

Fwiw, the SP Processed Peas tins, that were slightly glitching probably against Garden peas tin vs M, have now corrected from 21p M to 25p M. I ended up with same price vs S anyway.

3Dogs is doing an excellent job trying to keep up, whilst I am being sent round from Antibac Wipes to Lemon Wipes to Antibac and then back again to Lemon due to stores putting their prices up, down, back up and back down on them.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Thank you for posting that - I have a few shops meticulously planned for tomorrow and one of them is an Aussie shop and had the dove hand wash on it. I have now removed it!
    I'm a board guide on Quick Grabbit while you can, Marriage, Relationships and Families, Health & Beauty Moneysaving, Greenfingered Moneysaving, Praise, Vents and Warnings, Consumer Rights and Sports & Fitness Moneysaving boards.

I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are purely my own and are not those of Moneysavingexpert.com. I am a board guide and not a moderator and as such do not read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post please report it to forum@moneysavingexpert.com

I used to be a queen, now I'm just me...
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 3rd Dec 17, 8:28 PM
    • 48,946 Posts
    • 598,752 Thanks
    bubbs
    Where? ........
    I meant in my post
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • MAGNAMONEY0009
    • By MAGNAMONEY0009 3rd Dec 17, 8:32 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 49 Thanks
    MAGNAMONEY0009
    Good evening elite, Im not a regular poster but I am going to start trying to, here is my diary of the day:

5.02 from two receipts in apg one receipt was found in a SAINSBOBS car park which was crazy, no luck with finding any nectar points, all claimed unfortunately.

Found a boots receipt that had been validated so it will be nice and easy with no questions asked to put on my card, the points value was 10.00 which will work well for the 70% off.

Found receipts from all different stores to use on all the apps, so thats always a bonus.

I always hit the reduced to clear right on a Sunday (after years of going you know the drill) various bit and pieces for 10p and I have started buying the veg reduced for Xmas day so Im nice and prepped.

Two free pizzas from Pizza Hut, has anyone else done this today? Its on till Thursday and its a breeze to do if anyone wants to know how,

Got the coins and cards from WHSmith, although annoyingly on self scan you now need a supervisor to override the key in code which is something new as I have been doing it fine for the past few months

So a good day for me all in all, good to see these target shops although they do confuse me slightly.
    • vanilla twist
    • By vanilla twist 3rd Dec 17, 8:34 PM
    • 3,904 Posts
    • 58,307 Thanks
    vanilla twist
    Thank goodness there are people like you in the world 3dogs

Those eyes say it all
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Oh my what a beautiful little thing. I think it was the photo in front of pc that got me most. Hope she settles down quickly .

V x
    . I do think a chaise lounge is a good description of you though. Stylish yet comfortable and laid back
    Originally posted by fairclaire
    May the odds be ever in your favour

SPC 7 Pot No 410 232.63 Total
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 3rd Dec 17, 8:37 PM
    • 9,685 Posts
    • 112,507 Thanks
    emerald21
    Wish i was a size 12
    I wouldnt mind either bubbs
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

728Posts Today

4,505Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Should pubs and restaurants be made by law to allow non customers (behaving reasonably) to use their toilets?

• Nice debating with (all but the rude ones) of you. Bedtime for me now. Goodnight #bbcqt

• RT @kevmthomas: @MartinSLewis It was a comment you made about the referendum being a binary choice on a non binary issue that helped me rea?

• Follow Martin