Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,506Posts
    • 35,687Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 324
    • Anon
    • By Anon 3rd Dec 17, 2:26 PM
    • 11,863 Posts
    • 135,996 Thanks
    Anon
    I have a problem which I hope you can advise me what to do. I was paying my shopping today with 2 apg coupons from bayilis shops. Both apg were for 19 pounds. I was on SS and one was accepted the other one rejected. Then all AS came and the manager also, and they were quite rude saying this coupons are not valid because I'm getting my all money back. They wanted to take that apg but i didnt let them. What do you advise me to do? Is there anyone I can complain or should I just try with the same apg later in the week?
    Bdw, thank you for all your help in here, I'm managing my family thanks to you all.
    Originally posted by tiha
    I am not sure complaining would be a good idea - you are getting more back than you should, albeit due to a technical issue on their system not recognising the 342 offer. You are exploiting the error though so I would keep quiet and try again - you have been officially trouted . Best to try not to draw attention to yourself and keep anonymous instore .

Anon
    • braveheart60uk
    • By braveheart60uk 3rd Dec 17, 2:26 PM
    • 1,722 Posts
    • 22,716 Thanks
    braveheart60uk
    Still not managed to catch up
    So apologies if already posted.
    Saw this in McD today, is it competition, have no idea about snapchat

• Classy_Chick06
    • By Classy_Chick06 3rd Dec 17, 2:38 PM
    • 4,118 Posts
    • 63,086 Thanks
    Classy_Chick06
    my shampoo, coke, crisps and curly wurly shop from today

used walkers tommy ketchup and 30p PM chomp for triggers

Asda v Morribobs

1x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Shampoo (300ml) 2.00 1.00
    1x Alberto Balsam Blends Damage Repair Conditioner (300ml) 2.00 1.00
    1x Alberto Balsam Blends Smooth & Sleek Conditioner (300ml) 2.00 1.00
    1x ASDA Bourbon Biscuits (300g) 0.39 0.40
    4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 1.40 1.00
    1x ASDA Custard Creams (400g) 0.45 0.40
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 0.10
    0.58x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.44 0.44
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Medium Oranges (5pk) 1.00 N/A
    1x Caxton Pink 'n' White Jammies (6pk) 0.50 0.50
    3x Pepsi Diet Cans (8x330) 7.50 3.75
    1x Jacob's Mini Cheddars Crispy Thins Toasted Cheddar 7 Pack (7x23g) 1.65 1.00
    1x Jacob's Mini Cheddars Crispy Thins Cheddar & Chive 7 Pack (7x23g) 1.65 1.00
    It`s nice to be important, but its more important to be nice.
    The world is full of people throwing stones at us. Its what you do with them that counts. Build a wall or build a bridge.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 3rd Dec 17, 2:38 PM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    I havent got the nectar emails yet so nectar doesnt like me
    Originally posted by gocat
    and I have neither...
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 3rd Dec 17, 2:44 PM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Afternoon all
    No post office offer on either my BA Amex or DH's gold charge card
    Off to have a go at toiletries in a minute, wish me luck.
    MIL is still in hospital but making good progress. The last 11 Irish relatives flew home yesterday, so everything seems very quiet now.

I've never really known what shaking with anger would feel like until Friday evening. I went to MIL's house to do dinner for the hordes. Pulled into a space in front of her house. There were another three or four cars coming up the road behind me, with no room for the one car coming down the road to pass until the ones behind had gone up. Woman in car coming down started hurling abuse at me as I got out of the car, about how selfish I was to pull in like that. I pointed out that I was merely parking as I lived there (ok small white lie) and she just went on and on, culminating in her calling me a selfish f****** b**** I don't think I've ever been so angry in my life. My parking when I did meant that the cars behind, which she had to wait for anyway, maybe took ten seconds longer to pass before she could go down the road. She spent longer than that yelling. What is wrong with people
    Originally posted by hornetgirl
    HornetGirl, so sorry you have had this happen to you. It's a horrible experience at the best of times but you certainly don't need it now. When something like this happens to me I try (and often fail) to be positive and think that the person must be coping with mega stress in their lives. Hugs to you.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 3rd Dec 17, 3:04 PM
    • 9,683 Posts
    • 112,502 Thanks
    emerald21
    [QUOTE=tiha;73505372]I have a problem which I hope you can advise me what to do. I was paying my shopping today with 2 apg coupons from bayilis shops. Both apg were for 19 pounds. I was on SS and one was accepted the other one rejected. Then all AS came and the manager also, and they were quite rude saying this coupons are not valid because I'm getting my all money back. They wanted to take that apg but i didnt let them. What do you advise me to do? Is there anyone I can complain or should I just try with the same apg later in the week?
    Bdw, thank you for all your help in here, I'm managing my family thanks to you all.[/

Not a good idea to use more than one especially one so big. They get the nark and will try anything g to stop you .
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 3rd Dec 17, 3:14 PM
    • 2,886 Posts
    • 45,260 Thanks
    elainemn
    My shops from today. Did 3 separate with one of my favourite SA's. Fillers removed.
    Shop 1 - 16.04 apg
    1x Vaseline Original Selection Lip Tin (each) 5.00 2.50
    5x Nivea Luscious Lips (each) 25.00 13.10

Shop 2 -11.65 APG
    2x Lynx Attract for Her Washbag Gift Set (each) 14.00 6.74
    1x Lynx Trio Black Body Gift Set (each) 7.00 3.75

Shop 3 7.37 APG . Think I must have bought the wrong L' oriel . 2 failed shops in 2 days
    2x TRESemme Colour Revitalise Hair Gift Set (each) 12.00 5.24
    1x L'Oreal Men Expert Invincible Sport Gift Set For Him (each) 6.00 N/A
    Last edited by elainemn; 03-12-2017 at 3:20 PM.
    • silverhairgranny
    • By silverhairgranny 3rd Dec 17, 3:18 PM
    • 1,434 Posts
    • 18,785 Thanks
    silverhairgranny
    From a womble
    Actimel Yogurt Drink - Strawberry & Blueberry
    (12x100g)
    ASDA 3.50
    29.2p / 100g
    Morrisons
    Waitrose
    3.60 any 2 for 6.00 Offer
    Ocado
    3.75 any 2 for 6.00 Offer
    Tesco
    Sainsbury's
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 3rd Dec 17, 3:29 PM
    • 6,261 Posts
    • 86,606 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    https://www.nectar.com/santas-secret?utm_source=NectarWeb&utm_medium=Web&utm_cam paign=Christmas&utm_content=OfferStream

Did we know about this, just had an email.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January 222.5 February 218.80 March
    290.10 April 248.49 May 130.73 June 220.51 July
    162.39 August 311.97 September
    227 October Total so far 2261 miles

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • tweets
    • By tweets 3rd Dec 17, 3:48 PM
    • 28,112 Posts
    • 414,275 Thanks
    tweets
    I don't know how to post pics now we can't use tinypic, tweets will be shaking her head in despair
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts

https://postimages.org/

15 inch monitor

Choose image

Copy and paste hotlink for forums here

Lost 3st-3lb
    • tweets
    • By tweets 3rd Dec 17, 3:49 PM
    • 28,112 Posts
    • 414,275 Thanks
    tweets
    Originally posted by diluvsdiscounts
    That's a tad small
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 3rd Dec 17, 3:53 PM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 16,459 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    I am not sure - I wasnt leaving a minute between the other day and no problems (Open ending the parcel between each transaction then next transaction). Last night I got ahead of myself and didnt open in between as so thought so had read you could open them all later? Anyway, the app crashed and no parcels showing .

I also had the error you had (there is the message about hitting a limit, but a second message about no parcels available at the moment or something too?).

A minute gap and revealing the prize before moving on may be the safest approach - we are new to this, some of the experienced Elite can advise us .

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I've lost a total of 15 envelopes altogether No rhyme or reason that I could see.
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 3rd Dec 17, 3:54 PM
    • 500 Posts
    • 6,585 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Has anyone had the Post Office Am3x offer on Gold or N3ctsr cards please? I was just wondering if they have only offered it to certain card types, or certain customers, this time.

Many thanks

Anon
    I haven't got it on n3ctar

SnS
    • tweets
    • By tweets 3rd Dec 17, 3:56 PM
    • 28,112 Posts
    • 414,275 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Afternoon
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 3rd Dec 17, 4:00 PM
    • 6,790 Posts
    • 56,060 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I'm happy with any prize I receive from this promo even just a coke, but I am over the moon with todays wins!
    20 meal voucher
    10 meal voucher
    3 Gweggy
    3 MnS
    50 Pizza express (Not so with this one as will have to try to get rid as we won't use it).

Still.. best AP day i've had so far.

Have we worked out if you do need to wait a minute between shops on Android pay? I bought 8 separate items yesterday but only got 6 parcels.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I try to dither as long as possible, mine are probably at least 30secs apart. I open them as soon as they come up, then onto the next transaction.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 3rd Dec 17, 4:00 PM
    • 14,033 Posts
    • 228,927 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Thank you...As I'm new in this and still learning, would you try this rejected one again in the different shop?
    Originally posted by tiha
    unlikely your 2nd one was rejected, just needed authorisation as you went above the 20 limit for doing it yourself. so should be fine to try again
    • fuzzgun19
    • By fuzzgun19 3rd Dec 17, 4:04 PM
    • 6,790 Posts
    • 56,060 Thanks
    fuzzgun19
    I've lost a total of 15 envelopes altogether No rhyme or reason that I could see.
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    I do sometimes get "You can't open any more envelopes" message, but I think that's because I've tried to open them too close together less than 20-30 secs (this is just what I'm guessing, I don't know for sure).

But it still lets me open more after that. I just click on my bank card and count how many transactions I've had that day and get it up to 10.

Some days I struggle to get 10 if I'm not near an SS till!
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 3rd Dec 17, 4:13 PM
    • 825 Posts
    • 11,474 Thanks
    sarahskint
    we didn't do too well today with AP, we only managed to get 1 x 3 m&s voucher. We keep hoping that we may get lucky with a pizza express one!! we have never been and being that theres 6 of us it would make it reasonably priced. Can the 10 dining out vouchers be stacked? we have 2 of those so just wondering if they can be used together x

went shopping again today to use up or should I say refresh my apgs all went well, DD1 birthday tomorrow so hopefully tree up Tuesday!
    • sarahskint
    • By sarahskint 3rd Dec 17, 4:14 PM
    • 825 Posts
    • 11,474 Thanks
    sarahskint
    I always stack my 10 envelopes up and then do them all at the end in one go lol - or should i say the boys take it in turns ha ha!!
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 3rd Dec 17, 4:15 PM
    • 18,328 Posts
    • 199,716 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Check and open your email Open for a 1,000 bonus N3ctar points gift from us - 1000 N3ctar points received from S if you open the email.

It doesnt mention to thank you for taking part in Double up - not sure if it did last time? Nice reward anyway (and ready for 10 back off the next Double Up ).

I have received and Mrs Anon .

HTH

Anon
    I have received that too, and I didn't take part ino the double up.

Those fleece gilets are too snug - I got a 16 last year and I'm a 14.

So I tried an 18 and the arm opening was down by my lower ribs.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    This is rather strange, I got a normal fleece, with sleeves, tried them on in there and ended up with a 12 as I do with almost everything else (apart from a lacey jacket from Primark which had to be a 16 )
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

327Posts Today

2,301Users online

Martin's Twitter