Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,506Posts
    • 35,688Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 323
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 3rd Dec 17, 1:17 PM
    • 14,157 Posts
    • 247,543 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Afternoon

I've spent morning sorting through my presents hoard to find birthday presents for 2 boys & a man this month - then realised I have to wrap Parents presents to hopefully go down with a relative in a car as no way can I carry them on train on Christmas Eve....

This turned into a massive rejuggle of items on shelves & now I only have 1 hour before we go out to watch a Christmas play
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 3rd Dec 17, 1:19 PM
    • 14,157 Posts
    • 247,543 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    lesliejack was yesterday's smartest player!

20 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Sunday): General Knowledge 1 : Very Easy

Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• cjj
    • By cjj 3rd Dec 17, 1:22 PM
    • 6,217 Posts
    • 83,238 Thanks
    cjj
    Afternoon all hope everyone is well.

3 dogs gorgeous doggy, such an amazing job you do. Well done xx

Do people manage to log in and out of cos for different family members on same devise please. Tia xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • lj*
    • By lj* 3rd Dec 17, 1:22 PM
    • 169 Posts
    • 1,762 Thanks
    lj*
    I was offered a gift receipt when I bought some of the gifts the other day. The SA swooped down and offered to put them through the ss till for me, I didn't dare refuse! Looking on the bar code for the gr it is the same as the original receipt so would probably show what price was paid.
    Thankyou to all that have posted it has really boosted our charities raffle this christmas.
    I am off to do the decorating bit now and drag the slightly soggy trree in from outside, you have all inspired me how organised you all are!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 3rd Dec 17, 1:23 PM
    • 27,172 Posts
    • 377,104 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Those fleece gilets are too snug - I got a 16 last year and I'm a 14.

So I tried an 18 and the arm opening was down by my lower ribs.
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    Ah I got a 14 so maybe it isn't me.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Anon
    • By Anon 3rd Dec 17, 1:26 PM
    • 11,866 Posts
    • 136,034 Thanks
    Anon
    Afternoon all hope everyone is well.

3 dogs gorgeous doggy, such an amazing job you do. Well done xx

Do people manage to log in and out of cos for different family members on same devise please. Tia xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    Possibly ...

Anon
    • cjj
    • By cjj 3rd Dec 17, 1:31 PM
    • 6,217 Posts
    • 83,238 Thanks
    cjj
    Possibly ...

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Thanks I'm getting an error message xx
    Cherish those you have in your life because you never know when they won't be there anymore.

No matter how you feel, get up, dress up & never give up.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 3rd Dec 17, 1:38 PM
    • 11,866 Posts
    • 136,034 Thanks
    Anon
    Thanks I'm getting an error message xx
    Originally posted by cjj
    I just got Mrs Anon to login to test and no problem logging out of my account and back in to hers ...

HTH

Anon
    • locarr
    • By locarr 3rd Dec 17, 1:44 PM
    • 7,759 Posts
    • 138,899 Thanks
    locarr
    Afternoon ALL!

"I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • Anon
    • By Anon 3rd Dec 17, 1:44 PM
    • 11,866 Posts
    • 136,034 Thanks
    Anon
    Have we worked out if you do need to wait a minute between shops on Android pay? I bought 8 separate items yesterday but only got 6 parcels.
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I am not sure - I wasnt leaving a minute between the other day and no problems (Open ending the parcel between each transaction then next transaction). Last night I got ahead of myself and didnt open in between as so thought so had read you could open them all later? Anyway, the app crashed and no parcels showing .

I also had the error you had (there is the message about hitting a limit, but a second message about no parcels available at the moment or something too?).

A minute gap and revealing the prize before moving on may be the safest approach - we are new to this, some of the experienced Elite can advise us .

HTH

Anon
    • tiha
    • By tiha 3rd Dec 17, 1:44 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    tiha
    rejected apg
    I have a problem which I hope you can advise me what to do. I was paying my shopping today with 2 apg coupons from bayilis shops. Both apg were for 19 pounds. I was on SS and one was accepted the other one rejected. Then all AS came and the manager also, and they were quite rude saying this coupons are not valid because I'm getting my all money back. They wanted to take that apg but i didnt let them. What do you advise me to do? Is there anyone I can complain or should I just try with the same apg later in the week?
    Bdw, thank you for all your help in here, I'm managing my family thanks to you all.
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 3rd Dec 17, 1:48 PM
    • 2,466 Posts
    • 37,969 Thanks
    wendyak
    I have a problem which I hope you can advise me what to do. I was paying my shopping today with 2 apg coupons from bayilis shops. Both apg were for 19 pounds. I was on SS and one was accepted the other one rejected. Then all AS came and the manager also, and they were quite rude saying this coupons are not valid because I'm getting my all money back. They wanted to take that apg but i didnt let them. What do you advise me to do? Is there anyone I can complain or should I just try with the same apg later in the week?
    Bdw, thank you for all your help in here, I'm managing my family thanks to you all.
    Originally posted by tiha
    I w ould only use one large apg per shop, perhaps splitting the shop and going out to the car and returning to do the rest, that way it might not put you in the spotlight ....try a different store x
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 3rd Dec 17, 1:48 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,405 Thanks
    davemorton
    I am not sure - I wasnt leaving a minute between the other day and no problems (Open ending the parcel between each transaction then next transaction). Last night I got ahead of myself and didnt open in between as so thought so had read you could open them all later? Anyway, the app crashed and no parcels showing .

I also had the error you had (there is the message about hitting a limit, but a second message about no parcels available at the moment or something too?).

A minute gap and revealing the prize before moving on may be the safest approach - we are new to this, some of the experienced Elite can advise us .

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    On a side note, did you decide to do the cash back claim AFTER 30 days?
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • tiha
    • By tiha 3rd Dec 17, 1:50 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    tiha
    Thank you...As I'm new in this and still learning, would you try this rejected one again in the different shop?
    • locarr
    • By locarr 3rd Dec 17, 1:55 PM
    • 7,759 Posts
    • 138,899 Thanks
    locarr
    Thank you...As I'm new in this and still learning, would you try this rejected one again in the different shop?
    Welcome to the thread 😀

Dont forget to thank 3dogs very helpful post on page 11 👍
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

• locarr
    • By locarr 3rd Dec 17, 2:02 PM
    • 7,759 Posts
    • 138,899 Thanks
    locarr
    Morning gang

has anyone seen any Bratz dolls about as on Amazon they are from the USA and have hefty postage ? xx
    I made the mistake of buying the snowkissed lodge that was reduced in Argos and it is sooo lovely, it even snows out of the chimney ! ..but my ideal would be a matching doll in the snowkissed range - any idweas welcome xxxx

p.s. thanks for the diet pepsi tip, we are well stocked up xxxx
    Originally posted by wendyak
    Just had a clear out and put a load of Bratz dolls etc on Fb selling groups including the ski lodge

OH and myself both have The Preferred Rewards Gold Card and both got the PO offer
    Originally posted by gocat
    I know the offer is one credit per card but has anyone tried more than one PO and got more than one credit? Im sure this was the case last year TIA 😀
    Jay-Z

• tiha
    • By tiha 3rd Dec 17, 2:09 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    tiha
    Thank you so much wonderfull people in here, reading you it was very hard to get in the system but thanks to 3 dogs and all the other people here(I can't remember all names yet) I'm getting there. It's a huge difference doing shops the way I know now and it helps a lot!!
    • chocaholics
    • By chocaholics 3rd Dec 17, 2:10 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 4,099 Thanks
    chocaholics
    Good morning all, can anyone recommend any of the red wines in the 6 for 25 offer in Sada please as I am not a wine drinker. Also I have bottles of wine (cheapies) that are now about 2-3 years old, can I serve them up at a forthcoming gathering or might my guests quietly pour them down the sink. TIA.
    Last edited by chocaholics; 03-12-2017 at 2:25 PM.
    • hornetgirl
    • By hornetgirl 3rd Dec 17, 2:20 PM
    • 5,264 Posts
    • 69,451 Thanks
    hornetgirl
    Afternoon all
    No post office offer on either my BA Amex or DH's gold charge card
    Off to have a go at toiletries in a minute, wish me luck.
    MIL is still in hospital but making good progress. The last 11 Irish relatives flew home yesterday, so everything seems very quiet now.

I've never really known what shaking with anger would feel like until Friday evening. I went to MIL's house to do dinner for the hordes. Pulled into a space in front of her house. There were another three or four cars coming up the road behind me, with no room for the one car coming down the road to pass until the ones behind had gone up. Woman in car coming down started hurling abuse at me as I got out of the car, about how selfish I was to pull in like that. I pointed out that I was merely parking as I lived there (ok small white lie) and she just went on and on, culminating in her calling me a selfish f****** b**** I don't think I've ever been so angry in my life. My parking when I did meant that the cars behind, which she had to wait for anyway, maybe took ten seconds longer to pass before she could go down the road. She spent longer than that yelling. What is wrong with people
    Unity is strength...Knowledge is power...Attitude is everything

MF 30 June 2010

Everything is fleeting, everything will change
    • Anon
    • By Anon 3rd Dec 17, 2:23 PM
    • 11,866 Posts
    • 136,034 Thanks
    Anon
    The only reason I know of that they get rejected on the system is when you have mistyped the barcode on the voucher or receipt (or if the voucher has already been used would cause it to be rejected too) - others may have different experience.

I would try it again in a different store.

HTH

Anon
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,478Posts Today

7,225Users online

Martin's Twitter