Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,501Posts
    • 35,674Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 319
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 3rd Dec 17, 8:13 AM
    • 2,618 Posts
    • 35,620 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    The Coca Cola truck is at my local T today so traffic will no doubt be manic. Holiday are coming.......
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 3rd Dec 17, 8:13 AM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 16,459 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Morning elite, going with ds2 to Gordale garden center on the Wirral to look at the Christmas displays later, they are meant to be lovely.
    Think it's time to have my first mince pie later, do I buy or make? I've got a couple of jars of luxury mince meat in the cupboard just the inclination is missing!
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Dec 17, 8:17 AM
    • 32,088 Posts
    • 457,354 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Evening folks Absolutely so will not be updating list tonight, though I have copied info from posts

I dropped my two woofers at Joy's for boarding at 10am then drove over to the pick up point at M1/Leicester, getting there at noon. Hung around with a couple picking up another of Juliana's dogs, sweet short legged Toby ♥. I got in touch with transporter about 1pm just as messages came through that dog van would arrive at 3pm Oh well, a trip up the road to a small Asda and then Morries for diesel to fill up using my 10p a litre coupon .... which I had forgetten to pick up off coffee table so just put in enough to get me back

When I got back to pick up point, van had just arrived. I helped the couple get their Toby sorted and then got Rosie settled in crate in back of my car. Drove home and carried her into my house for just over an hour then drove up to Joy's with her. Saw her settled there then went to village hall we had our show in last weekend, as meeting the ladies, and a gent, for a short fund raising meeting and an evening of fun with free jukebox. Our choices were making everyone laugh Home just after 11 pm

And I'm out tomorrow - help So, let me introduce Rosie, 11.5 months old, rescued from a terrible shelter with her brother and sister back on 14th February. She is very frightened but settled down to cuddles at my house beofore I took her to Joy's

In crate in my car:

Am I allowed to sit here? I'll just stay very still and no-one will notice me

Show me the map again Aunty Susan of how far I have travelled I don't have to go back there, do I?

She is very skinny so needs filling out and strengthening up, but she is a beautiful dog, lovely markings, and eyes ♥
    Originally posted by 3Dogs
    Thank goodness there are people like you in the world 3dogs

Those eyes say it all
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 3rd Dec 17, 8:21 AM
    • 9,673 Posts
    • 112,400 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good morning everyone, happy sunday x
    Waiting for delivery of a bed from Argos. All day delivery but woken by a phone call at 7.00am to say that it will be within the hour So no sunday lie in for me but on the plus side I don't have to wait in all day. Going xmas shopping later with DD1 so she can tell me what to buy for everyone
    Originally posted by Nellie35

Helloooo Nellie
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Dec 17, 8:26 AM
    • 32,088 Posts
    • 457,354 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I assume this is an attempt to target T. Today is the last day I would try this as the T offer is currently due to run until only 5th December. I can add Royal Game and also the Cocka-leekie Soup that this website doesn't like if I put an additional hyphen there. Most of them that A has, I don't know if it's all of them, should work but, yes, you do need to check T's website to try to make sure. The Waities 4 for 3 offer, for those that don't shop in Northern Ireland, is due to run until 26th December - so, although there may not be many as good other items vs W as there are vs T, maybe more time to run vs W (if T doesn't roll over - if it does, I would avoid the one/two days vs T during which it may lose the offer online in an effort to trip me up again that I am wary of falling for these days - if you are just buying five soups, including the trigger, and four different 10p sweets, it shouldn't matter a great deal if T changes prices online as it should still hit W - might just lose a few insignificant pence on the sweets being N/A - on shops not done in Northern Ireland).
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Im going to get a few shops today savvy

But thanks for the heads up

Baxters is the only tinned soup I like othe4 than Heinz tomato

Im making a list and checking it twice
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • elainemn
    • By elainemn 3rd Dec 17, 8:34 AM
    • 2,885 Posts
    • 45,243 Thanks
    elainemn
    Im going to get a few shops today savvy

But thanks for the heads up

Baxters is the only tinned soup I like othe4 than Heinz tomato

Im making a list and checking it twice
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    But have you been naughty or nice?
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 3rd Dec 17, 8:34 AM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 15,919 Thanks
    Nellie35
    Helloooo Nellie
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Well hello emerald and what are you getting up to today, anything exciting? No doubt you will be causing chaos with apgs & android pay

Bed has arrived now waiting for DH to get up so we can put it together Its for DD2's old room. She moved to a rented house in Chelmsford with her GF 6 weeks ago and the bedroom has been completely empty since (well apart from the built in wardrobes which are full of things that she didn't want to take but still wanted to keep). Bedroom has been decorated and will now be a guest room. Just in time as DD & her GF are coming to stay next weekend and we won't see them again until after christmas so I have to have all their presents ready for them to take back next weekend hence the shopping trip later today
    • elliemoo
    • By elliemoo 3rd Dec 17, 8:35 AM
    • 4,105 Posts
    • 45,335 Thanks
    elliemoo
    Good morning all, happy Sunday.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 3rd Dec 17, 8:41 AM
    • 2,395 Posts
    • 27,549 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Good morning ....Not a whisper of movement outside...very still....much milder too.....I managed all my decorations up yestereday....Xmas has arrived....I had a couple of dwinkies whilst I was doing it along with the xmas tunes...I was very festive yesterday....

Hope you all slept well...Have great days...
    13 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 3rd Dec 17, 8:43 AM
    • 2,395 Posts
    • 27,549 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Evening all.

My tree is up, just the rest of the decs to do.

Originally posted by Sarahdol75

Oooooo Nice tree sarah....
    13 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Dec 17, 8:44 AM
    • 32,088 Posts
    • 457,354 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    But have you been naughty or nice?
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Ive been mostly nice interspersed with periods of extreme naughtiness

Is all your
    Christmas shopping done elaine?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Dec 17, 8:45 AM
    • 32,088 Posts
    • 457,354 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Oooooo Nice tree sarah....
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Mine always looks like a dogs dinner

Apologies 3dogs
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Wheres My Cashback
    • By Wheres My Cashback 3rd Dec 17, 8:45 AM
    • 2,680 Posts
    • 34,360 Thanks
    Wheres My Cashback
    Interesting that the Android Pay clock doesn't seem to operate to UK time unless there's a fault today. I wonder (if like Receipt Hog) it operates to Pacific Standard Time of -8 hours?

Two transactions made at 0730 and 0735 today have both stated that I have exceeded the 10 daily limit, however no transactions have been made since 1800 yesterday.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 3rd Dec 17, 8:53 AM
    • 9,673 Posts
    • 112,400 Thanks
    emerald21
    Well hello emerald and what are you getting up to today, anything exciting? No doubt you will be causing chaos with apgs & android pay

Bed has arrived now waiting for DH to get up so we can put it together Its for DD2's old room. She moved to a rented house in Chelmsford with her GF 6 weeks ago and the bedroom has been completely empty since (well apart from the built in wardrobes which are full of things that she didn't want to take but still wanted to keep). Bedroom has been decorated and will now be a guest room. Just in time as DD & her GF are coming to stay next weekend and we won't see them again until after christmas so I have to have all their presents ready for them to take back next weekend hence the shopping trip later today
    Originally posted by Nellie35
    I know you told me all that I m off to Argos Plas Coch for 10 then to Morissons to use up my 10p off a litre of fuel as it runs out today. Home for dinner with David Lee and Darren . Then off to a church meeting with my friend Alison this Afternoon. They put on a nice tea too
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 3rd Dec 17, 8:53 AM
    • 9,673 Posts
    • 112,400 Thanks
    emerald21
    Good Morning everyone
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 3rd Dec 17, 8:57 AM
    • 1,357 Posts
    • 15,675 Thanks
    Arthien
    Morning all!

Had a lovely couple of days in Cheltenham, apart from a disastrous breakfast in Wetherspoons - waited 45 mins and it turned up stone cold! But that meant more space for a cheesy German sausage and a Baileys in the Christmas market, so silver linings and all that

Hope everyone has a fulfilling and festive Sunday. Lots to do today, making up for being away and all the usual weekend jobs, but I'm going to get some Christmas choons on and I'm sure that'll help.

Thanks to everyone who suggested some little gift ideas for the food bank, I'm going to get some craft sets and I bought some of the 1 Wilko blox kits, which look very good value for the price. Judging by how much DH has enjoyed his Wilko advent calendar so far, I think they'll go down well, no matter the age of the recipient
    On the countdown to Christmas
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 3rd Dec 17, 8:58 AM
    • 32,088 Posts
    • 457,354 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Interesting that the Android Pay clock doesn't seem to operate to UK time unless there's a fault today. I wonder (if like Receipt Hog) it operates to Pacific Standard Time of -8 hours?
    Originally posted by Wheres My Cashback
    Honestly Im laughing my head off

Just when you thought things couldnt get more complicated
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Nellie35
    • By Nellie35 3rd Dec 17, 9:05 AM
    • 1,406 Posts
    • 15,919 Thanks
    Nellie35
    I know you told me all that I m off to Argos Plas Coch for 10 then to Morissons to use up my 10p off a litre of fuel as it runs out today. Home for dinner with David Lee and Darren . Then off to a church meeting with my friend Alison this Afternoon. They put on a nice tea too
    Originally posted by emerald21
    ooooooooooh busy day then, enjoy
    • mrsmac10
    • By mrsmac10 3rd Dec 17, 9:14 AM
    • 3,547 Posts
    • 50,141 Thanks
    mrsmac10
    Good morning all

Mrs LDS we all make mistake Why did I think that the muller yougurts were buy in 12's so paid just over 4.00 for yogurt that is not for me

Did I mention that the main accounts manager resigned on Friday He is working his 12 weeks notice he was more verbally abused than me by That boss I would have gone constructive dismissal May not have won but a would have caused a hell of a lot of issues and resulted in a settlement agreement to make it go away

I am tidying some papers and a garage that DS has made a tiny space in by taking away his Christmas decs

Enjoy your day
    Merry Christmas
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 3rd Dec 17, 9:15 AM
    • 6,253 Posts
    • 86,516 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Good morning everyone.

Well I am truly knackered this morning.

Got a phonecall from OH at 4.05 to go pick him up, as he went out last night with friends drinking. He said he had text me at 1pm, to fetch him in half an hour, I didnt hear a text so he waited until 4 to ring .

Marmite are your posting pics of your tree. I think everyone should post a pic of trees when up.
    Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January 222.5 February 218.80 March
    290.10 April 248.49 May 130.73 June 220.51 July
    162.39 August 311.97 September
    227 October Total so far 2261 miles

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,986Posts Today

10,224Users online

Martin's Twitter