Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Two bulldog boxes with three things in and a Nivea women’s pink beautiful skin bag and fillers eg banana sweets onion etc got me a £9.25 apg :)
  • 3Dogs
    3Dogs Posts: 14,092 Forumite
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

They like The House :dance::dance::dance:

Going to talk to Estate Agents at 4.30pm

We are meeting them in Lidls at 5pm then onto eat somewhere with wheelchair access :)

OMG :o

So glad they liked the house Snap :j :j
    :( Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 :( 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13 :(
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Chrisv wrote: »
    :rotfl: have you tried shopping in asda Christmas week :eek: I just send OH to collect it :rotfl:

OMG :eek: the shops this morning were awful, it took me over an hour to get out of Sainsburys carpark, I needed to cross the island to go to Asda, well that took me another 45 minutes. I wasnt in the mood to do any shopping by the time I got in, and its not even christmas week yet :eek:
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

They like The House :dance::dance::dance:

Going to talk to Estate Agents at 4.30pm

We are meeting them in Lidls at 5pm then onto eat somewhere with wheelchair access :)

OMG :o

Glad they like the house :j:j
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    bubbs wrote: »
    Afternoon all :D
    Thanks Izzey and thanks to an elite:A that let me know about muller.
    Finally got some shave mirrors:T:T will get pears if i get any more to take under £20
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Seedless Grapes (Colour May Vary) (500g) £1.45 £1.25
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Red Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.13 £0.17
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Square Cut Medium Wholemeal Bread (800g) £0.59 £0.50
    1x ASDA Smart Price Batter Mix (128g) £0.15 N/A
    0.18x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.13 £0.13
    0.15x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.11 £0.11
    0.06x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.04 £0.03
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (each) £0.50 £0.45
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Raspberries (125g) £1.29 £1.29
    3x Nivea Men Shave Plus Set (each) £36.00 £18.00
    1x ASDA Farm Stores White Mushrooms (300g) £0.68 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £40.24 £21.93

I imagine this is vs T because of the cucumber and the shaving set and the bread are confusing me. Are the grapes the ones that also compare against M at £1.25? TIA.
  • Savvybuyer
    sparklyfee wrote: »
    Not sure who raided the lancaster sada of kettle bites but the shelf was bare! So I got these instead using tomato trigger

Asda Tesco
    1x ASDA Lasagne (375g) £0.65 N/A
    1x Jacob's Mini Cheddars Crispy Thins Cheddar & Chilli Cheese 7 Pack (7x23g) £1.65 £1.00
    1x ASDA Garlic Baguette (170g) £0.41 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Chicken Instant Noodles (65g) £0.20 £0.20
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Strawberry Trifle (600g) £2.00 £1.25
    1x ASDA Light Mayonnaise (400ml) £0.70 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Cherries & Berries Squash (1.5l) £1.00 £1.20
    1x Jacob's Mini Cheddars Crispy Thins Cheddar & Chive 7 Pack (7x23g) £1.65 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £6.60 £4.75

Do either of those Cheddars have a price for M? TIA.
  • Savvybuyer
    davemorton wrote: »
    I saw this but unsure if it is instore too.

It is instore (in England and Wales) according to the SELs at least but no good for me as they 'should' be £10 each. 2 for £22 is an expensive mbuy for me, overpaying by £1 each. Not sure if they are currently straight £11 in stores in Scotland?
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 20 November 2017 at 6:02PM
    izzeyb wrote: »
    Mullers glitching/(possibly ending offer), comp v Sainsbobs (50p each)

Wasn't too sure what was happening this morning as Wackynut and I had different things.

On mysupermarket asda have 28 mullers (or did first thing) against 23 showing now for Asda on Asda dotcom, so check comparisons carefully if doing a shop. Unfortunatey they only had a very limited choice in ex netto but just wanted to test it.

Signage for the offer was still showing in small store, and just called in larger one on way home and all big signs still up.

£1.85 APG.

0.3x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.23 N/A
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.50
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Strawberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.50
    3x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £2.04 £1.50
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 N/A
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Balls (135g) £0.68 £0.50
    2x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt (150g) £1.36 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £5.54 £4.10
    +£1.44 cheaper

Is this 8 for £4 less £1.85 is 8 for £2.15 is 26.875p each? Those missing 5 could be the reason full prices are appearing if one (or more) of them is unavailable on a.com but is still currently on the APG. Are any of the ones you have bought ones that are not one of the 23 you have showing on a.com but are any of the five extras on msm? It could be useful to know which ones msm has in excess of a.com, in case these become invisible triggers for use later on another A offer.

Otherwise, other than one for an invisible trigger, we would indeed not want to have several of them not appearing and failing to give any comparison.
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    3Dogs wrote: »
    Good afternoon folks :wave: I got to sleep about 5 or 5.30 and apart from opening back door and feeding dogs at 7am, I slept till almost 2 so that is my long sleep out of the way, and I plan to get to bed earlier and get up 'in morning' Monday to Friday :D
    3D, your pm is full.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 20 November 2017 at 6:33PM
    Therefore, with the preparatories now out of the way - my replying to what has been happening during the day - there will be a big new glitch in A if I spend time at M - it is :hello: from me and there are quite a few new offers in M today beyond what I expected. No sooner did I say the Garlic & Herb Baguette vs £1.02 should be removed from the M fillers list, the product in M has gone back onto offer today. It needs to be put back. However, I expect that it will not be working at the moment, as it was full price last week but it might start to pick up £1.02 for M again from around sometime on Wednesday onwards. I may as well just leave things on the list as they will go back on at some time. Instead, they have me pulling things off the M list, only to put them back again. I've even had an item in the past, on offer on Monday but full price on Wednesday, back to offer the following Monday and full price again the Wednesday after, so I was pulling it off, putting it back on, taking it off again and then putting it back. It does not matter - I will do it as many times as they want to change things from any Monday or Wednesday that I am there.

Currently I only have one store today and it is supposed not to be a full check but just a half-hour glance around as all I can manage. I got drawn into it though and spent longer there but still got back by my witching hour. I will likely to going to another store tonight, but it will remain a part-check even after then, as, although my store had the bread I needed, it didn't have another item that I need to buy. A perfect excuse really:rotfl:. I now have the applicable Colgate total toothpaste back on their 2 for £3 offer. I don't currently know whether the Palmolive Aromas and Gourmets have gone back on to £1 in M as they were showing full price on m.com when I just checked. They could be going back on but I need another SEL opinion before a reach a decision this time until a proper check on Wednesday.

There do seem to be a few subtle changes today and a few items going to full price, along with some new offers. Some to try to catch you out and I can't say it will be a full update from this time, though I seem to have tried to check every grocery aisle (even though I shouldn't have done) and therefore I might have checked much of my current list, but I won't have everything from just one store. I am not sure it has made Wednesday easier - it's more likely simply given me further items to check:((:rotfl:) and I am not sure quite when I am supposed to be getting time to update today's information before next time (I'd better stop writing these posts!) but, having said that, I only have half a page of changes at the moment although it is not yet complete.

In short, it's all up in the air again:rotfl:! I will just sort out what queries I am left with from my store earlier and what items I still have as outstanding from there and need to be looking for tonight. I will reset the list all to non-bold very soon so, if you want to see what was new last time, before it disappears unnoticeably, there's probably less than an hour from the time of posting this to do so, before I then start adding today's new items later. The current Avs M list, as it stands, should be very good at the moment as it is all fully up-to-date to last week's prices!

See you later:cool::wave:.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    It is instore (in England and Wales) according to the SELs at least but no good for me as they 'should' be £10 each. 2 for £22 is an expensive mbuy for me, overpaying by £1 each. Not sure if they are currently straight £11 in stores in Scotland?
    :beer: Cheers Savvy, I need a few bottles for a gin hamper I am doing.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family