Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,506Posts
    • 35,688Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 314
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 2nd Dec 17, 7:23 PM
    • 2,620 Posts
    • 35,651 Thanks
    pacifica9
    i picked up the phone today tried and no nfc
    Originally posted by newbie1980
    Well that's disappointing.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Anon
    • By Anon 2nd Dec 17, 7:31 PM
    • 11,866 Posts
    • 136,034 Thanks
    Anon
    i picked up the phone today tried and no nfc
    Originally posted by newbie1980
    Stupid question have you switched it on? On the A3 the instructions showed you had to press the back of the phone st a certain point.

As reported on here it was showing live in settings (when you swipe down from the top there is an NFC icon with WiFi, Bluetooth etc) but kind was not working. After a frustrating time stood in T, I pressed the back of the phone and by coincidence or not it then started working.

Anon
    • sparklyfee
    • By sparklyfee 2nd Dec 17, 7:38 PM
    • 1,033 Posts
    • 13,922 Thanks
    sparklyfee
    Can anybody tell me what NFC is to do with the phones? Worried I'll get the wrong type of android! Trying to find someone with an old spare lying around. I've ordered a free sim so I'll use that! Really quite excited. And my cokes will go to food bank unless I can get diet for Diet Coke chicken!

Thank you
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 2nd Dec 17, 7:51 PM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 16,459 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Yes - you can switch between the 2 accounts (using the tiny little arrow on the right) - does that make sense? Ive removed the card from my first account because today Id used some Greggs vouchers treating my godchildren and went into the shop next door - paid with android and no envelope appeared. I realised I was in my first account now my new one . Now by removing the card I wont be able to make the same mistake again!
    My cokes are also going to foodbank as are all these B&H 4p gift sets as I dont need any - I just love the buzz of glitch shopping.
    Originally posted by Lima-India
    Thank you, can I use the same bank card as they don't accept Barclays so need to use the only other account I have which is the one I used with other email address. Gosh it's stressful trying to earn a bit of extra cash!

Just added card and verified account and all gift cards gone or can I access them somehow
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • thepearce
    • By thepearce 2nd Dec 17, 7:53 PM
    • 2,155 Posts
    • 12,636 Thanks
    thepearce
    Can anybody tell me what NFC is to do with the phones? Worried I'll get the wrong type of android! Trying to find someone with an old spare lying around. I've ordered a free sim so I'll use that! Really quite excited. And my cokes will go to food bank unless I can get diet for Diet Coke chicken!

Thank you
    Originally posted by sparklyfee
    Have you got a contactless credit / debit card? Think of NFC as contactless for phones. It can be used for other things but most people here are more concerned about it being needed to pay using a contactless card reader in store.
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 2nd Dec 17, 7:54 PM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 16,459 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Evening elite,

Sorry to ask this as I'm sure it's been explained before. I am going to source an android to take part in the tap and pay thing.

From reading back I see we can do 10 transactions a day. But is there a minimum spend? Or can I buy 10 flumps? And then must leave a minute between transactions?

And at the risk of sounding stupid, do I just tap the phone on the reader? Or open app and tap?

Thanks very much in advance....off to find a cheap android!
    Originally posted by sparklyfee
    The smallest onions, carrots & bananas work
    • zippydooda
    • By zippydooda 2nd Dec 17, 7:55 PM
    • 14,033 Posts
    • 228,927 Thanks
    zippydooda
    Sly, or shy??
    Originally posted by davemorton
    sly .
    • Anon
    • By Anon 2nd Dec 17, 7:58 PM
    • 11,866 Posts
    • 136,034 Thanks
    Anon
    Thank you, can I use the same bank card as they don't accept Barclays so need to use the only other account I have which is the one I used with other email address. Gosh it's stressful trying to earn a bit of extra cash!

Just added card and verified account and all gift cards gone or can I access them somehow
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    Yes you can use the same card.

Your giftcards are still there - just switch back to your original account (click on your name at the top of the DroidPay and select the other account).

HTH

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 02-12-2017 at 8:01 PM.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 2nd Dec 17, 8:03 PM
    • 9,683 Posts
    • 112,502 Thanks
    emerald21
    It seems the answer is yes, you add another Google account the same as you can do on Gmail or elsewhere and then simply switch between Android Pay accounts/emails at the top of the app. New account added, same card used, new game visible with end date of 1/1/18.

Not tested yet but assume 10 limit is not shared. Will report back.

I also notice it says limit of 10 prize draw entries - it doesnt say 10 goes?

HTH

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    I wouldnt want to cope with 20 tries a day lol but I may try it when mine run out on the 10 th.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 2nd Dec 17, 8:10 PM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Went to 1stop to get my cider(s) and topped up one of the shops with friuit, toilet rolls etc to 10 and paid by amex. No email yet so guess 1 stop is definately not on the small shop list.
    Got all4one voucher from post office and already got email from amex for that one.
    Originally posted by gocat
    gocat, thank you so much for trying. I've had a couple of crazy days and didn't get round to phoning. So sorry it didn't work.

I didn't get the PO offer either.
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 2nd Dec 17, 8:10 PM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Should reset on 1st.
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Bubbs, you are an ! Thank you.
    Last edited by Picasso7; 02-12-2017 at 8:13 PM.
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 2nd Dec 17, 8:11 PM
    • 1,235 Posts
    • 16,459 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Yes you can use the same card.

Your giftcards are still there - just switch back to your original account (click on your name at the top of the DroidPay and select the other account).

HTH

Anon
    Thank you, that's a relief So another 10 onions, very small carrots and bananas a day to be incorporated into the menu! French onion soup will be on the menu this week (several times)
    • Picasso7
    • By Picasso7 2nd Dec 17, 8:13 PM
    • 3,388 Posts
    • 33,317 Thanks
    Picasso7
    Just in case anyone else is getting store cupboard stuff as fillers for A, their 3 multipack of 4 tuna tins doesn't appear on the APG. Just as well I am very cautious and always get 10 items.

And if you are getting the B&H, getting uht skimmed milk takes you over the magic 20 total. Whoops...
    • annieme
    • By annieme 2nd Dec 17, 8:16 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 5,715 Thanks
    annieme
    Which Cadbury Chomp 23.5g was this?

Separately to that question, I suppose only ...723512 can properly be called a "trigger" as it's the one that is on the mbuy. What I am told is ...783929 involves paying full prices as it's not on the mbuy and therefore isn't "triggering" anything: the prices on other items (which aren't the invisible triggers) are appearing as what was actually paid, even though the "...783929" chomp is an item that also isn't appearing. However it is potentially a far better one, if your store is showing 5 for 1 mbuy across all the products you buy, as it's back to 5 for 1 via refund at CS and also, hopefully, a 2 GC.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    I went to cs with my receipt today & was given the 70p overcharge back. I asked about a gift card & she said they had to go & check the signage before it could be issued.....she did & I was given a gc 👍
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 2nd Dec 17, 8:23 PM
    • 19,839 Posts
    • 260,407 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    No Pepsi, no curly wurlys, no gift sets in the little A on way home did find one wet receipt stuck to the floor though!

Tresemme Cleanse and repair 900ml 4.50 v 3 M from my first womble in months. Gave me 5.15 so worth waiting for!

Evening all.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    I'd have thought there wouldn't be any gift sets or any soft drinks cans packs of that type in an A Supermarket and the range of sweets/chocolate probably wouldn't extend to individual curly wurlys either. I haven't had the Muller trigger in my Supermarket either. I think these are items in Superstores and Supercentres. Well done on the womble - it's more than the difference you'd have got back by buying the curly wurlys anyway.

I thought this one was, firstly, going to be lost entirely and then, when I saw the voucher amount and that M was the 'winning' comp., I thought it had been cut substantially. That was because I saw 10 Irish Cream on the receipt. The Bailey's has missed the M price collection and I suspect it compares unfavourably against everywhere - it compares unfavourably particularly against M.

However, I have to thank them for this, on my M comp.
    1x Feeney's Irish Cream Liqueur (1l) 10.00 N/A

Unfavourable against T (even more so than Bailey's vs M) - N/A against everywhere else.

And thanks to M for rolling over the 10 price on the Warnicks this week. And, probably, also thanks to T and A keeping it at 10 in their stores and keeping M at 10 as a result.

10 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda morrisons
    1x ASDA Rose Sparkling Juice Drink (750ml) 1.00 N/A
    1x Warninks Original Advocaat (70cl) 10.00 10.00
    1x ASDA White Grape Sparkling Juice Drink (750ml) 1.00 N/A
    1x Options Instant Belgian Chocolate Mint (220g) 2.00 2.00
    1x ASDA Diet Cloudy Lemonade (2lt) 0.50 0.54
    1x New York Bakery Co Sesame Bagels (5pk) 1.60 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price Peas (1kg) 0.76 N/A
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Zero Tropical Crush (2lt) 0.50 0.54
    1x ASDA Little Angels Baby Powder (400g) 1.17 N/A
    2x J2O Limited Edition Glitter Berry Grape Cherry & Spice Flavour Juice Drinks (4x275) 5.00 5.00
    2x J2O Apple & Mango Juice Drinks (4x275) 5.00 5.00
    1x Ritz Cheese Crackers (200g) 1.00 1.00
    1x nspa Mum to Be Moisturising Bump Butter (200ml) 3.00 N/A
    1x ASDA No Added Sugar Mixed Berry Crush (2lt) 0.50 0.54
    1x Feeney's Irish Cream Liqueur (1l) 10.00 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) 24.50 24.62
    cheaper +0.12

I did have the Options on my collection, along with two other versions of it, but decided why bother?; there are own label versions that can be obtained a lot cheaper.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 2nd Dec 17, 8:29 PM
    • 19,839 Posts
    • 260,407 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I have been diverted away as I have been doing other things for the last several hours. I had to visit M earlier for an emergency purchase, the very thing I was trying to avoid doing. Unfortunately, people here keep consuming things too quickly.

The Old Rosie Cloudy Cider (10L) is still 13 in M today - at least that is still being displayed in one of my Ms (I never know what price the products really are).
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 02-12-2017 at 8:32 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Dec 17, 8:45 PM
    • 48,911 Posts
    • 598,503 Thanks
    bubbs
    From darkside

Morrisons 3.5 litre slow cooker with 3 year guarantee 10

Boys Lace Up Pump for 3 plus Free delivery @ Boohoo

Disney Store Large Soft toys with free personalisation reduced from 49.99 to 20 (3.95 Delivery)
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Dec 17, 8:47 PM
    • 48,911 Posts
    • 598,503 Thanks
    bubbs
    Official Baby Born Vintage Carriage Pram 27.50 Tesco.

2 for 12 on sleek plus free gift *glitch?* @ Superdrug
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • Sarahdol75
    • By Sarahdol75 2nd Dec 17, 8:47 PM
    • 6,264 Posts
    • 86,622 Thanks
    Sarahdol75
    Evening all.

My tree is up, just the rest of the decs to do.

Walk 2000 miles in a year challenge 2017 -

229.37 January 222.5 February 218.80 March
    290.10 April 248.49 May 130.73 June 220.51 July
    162.39 August 311.97 September
    227 October Total so far 2261 miles

Pretty Muddy 16 September, completed
    • newbie1980
    • By newbie1980 2nd Dec 17, 8:51 PM
    • 1,828 Posts
    • 22,545 Thanks
    newbie1980
    Stupid question have you switched it on? On the A3 the instructions showed you had to press the back of the phone st a certain point.

As reported on here it was showing live in settings (when you swipe down from the top there is an NFC icon with WiFi, Bluetooth etc) but kind was not working. After a frustrating time stood in T, I pressed the back of the phone and by coincidence or not it then started working.

Anon
    theres nothing anywhere in the phone for it

the tech guys in tesco looked as well
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,478Posts Today

7,225Users online

Martin's Twitter