Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,501Posts
    • 35,674Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 308
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 2nd Dec 17, 12:36 PM
    • 32,088 Posts
    • 457,354 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    And this

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 2nd Dec 17, 12:37 PM
    • 25,181 Posts
    • 309,195 Thanks
    davemorton
    Posties just been

Thank you sains

Also 250 bonus points on my next shop and 1.50 off a 15 spend.

Think cashback items will cover that

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    How come they never send me stuff like this, I do all my muggle shopping there (and truth be told, I mainly muggle shop).
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 2nd Dec 17, 12:38 PM
    • 25,181 Posts
    • 309,195 Thanks
    davemorton
    Marmite, if you end up ordering that Alien that Jax posted, dont forget quidco, as almost 2 back, so it brings the price down to almost the magic 30 mark.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 2nd Dec 17, 12:38 PM
    • 32,088 Posts
    • 457,354 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Yes im ok just peeded off with my weight loss i know there is more important things to be peeded off about but this is important to me
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Of course its important to you bubbs.....but look at the big picture and how far youve come.

Wil speak later....the twigs wont wait
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 2nd Dec 17, 12:40 PM
    • 2,395 Posts
    • 27,549 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Marmite, if you end up ordering that Alien that Jax posted, dont forget quidco, as almost 2 back, so it brings the price down to almost the magic 30 mark.
    Originally posted by davemorton

Thanks DM....I'm still pondering....
    13 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 2nd Dec 17, 12:44 PM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 56,621 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Cards written and posted.

Was feeling pleased till I realised there were two people I'd forgotten.

All children's cards and cash sorted.

Keeping it very simple this time as with four of them on Christmas morning it's going to be utter bedlam with all their gifts.

I've seen how delighted they are having their own money when they go shopping, so they'll enjoy that.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 2nd Dec 17, 12:44 PM
    • 2,395 Posts
    • 27,549 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    But would this not be from the days when butter came wrapped in just grease proof paper, not paper backed in foil and plastic? (I dont know, but curious)

Phew! You wont see the posts where afew of us were actually praising you

Im not bothering this year, as away straight after new year. I have bought a lovely wreath for the door, and lending my lights to someone I know, so still will get some use out of stuff. I used to have 2 potted xmas trees either side of my door with lights on, but they have sadly passed away, so none this year. If I can buy a few potted trees after xmas, I will do.

No tree DM ........Will take me most of the day to put up my decs....My boy(The dawg) would be so dissapointed if we didn't have decs up....
    13 Days to go

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 2nd Dec 17, 12:47 PM
    • 14,945 Posts
    • 127,703 Thanks
    zagubov
    Zag.....is it safe to line a cake tin with foil instead of baking paper?
    You don't have any metal fillings, do you!

If you grease it, it should be okay, but why not pop out to the local shop and just buy some, the cost of the ingredients in a fruit cake is not worth messing about with. (Presuming it is a late baked xmas cake.)
    As DM says!

I've stopped worrying about chemicals leaching out of foil. We probably pick up more toxic metals from handling coins!
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • wendyak
    • By wendyak 2nd Dec 17, 12:48 PM
    • 2,466 Posts
    • 37,969 Thanks
    wendyak
    afternoon gang
    I'm gonna try to get some of my click and collects today, nobody will help me so "if you want a job done ..."
    Did anybody find the cheap Wyke Farms block butter at 79p in Lidl yet ? oh and dont forget the weekend offers xxx
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 2nd Dec 17, 12:50 PM
    • 19,827 Posts
    • 260,307 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Today...A v M ...All worked as hoped

Chomp trigger for sweeties
    L & B for beans
    3 large glade candles 3 4 2 ....1:60 each
    Pepsi.....Thanks to Spud01....

16 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Cadbury Fudge Chocolate Bar (25.5g) 0.25 0.25
    1x Glade Luscious Cherry & Peony Large Scented Candle Air Freshener (each) 6.00 4.00
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.10 0.09
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g) 0.25 0.25
    2x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 0.70 0.50
    1x Glade Clean Linen Large Scented Candle Air Freshener (each) 6.00 4.00
    4x Heinz Five Beanz (415g) 3.80 2.40
    3x Pepsi Diet Cans (8x330) 7.50 3.75
    0.11x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.08 0.08
    1x Glade Vanilla, Cream & Sugar Large Scented Candle Air Freshener (each) 6.00 4.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) 30.68 19.32
    +11.36 cheaper
    For your information:
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Which Cadbury Chomp 23.5g was this?

Separately to that question, I suppose only ...723512 can properly be called a "trigger" as it's the one that is on the mbuy. What I am told is ...783929 involves paying full prices as it's not on the mbuy and therefore isn't "triggering" anything: the prices on other items (which aren't the invisible triggers) are appearing as what was actually paid, even though the "...783929" chomp is an item that also isn't appearing. However it is potentially a far better one, if your store is showing 5 for 1 mbuy across all the products you buy, as it's back to 5 for 1 via refund at CS and also, hopefully, a 2 GC.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 02-12-2017 at 12:54 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 2nd Dec 17, 12:52 PM
    • 2,395 Posts
    • 27,549 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Which Cadbury Chomp 23.5g was this?

Separately to that question, I suppose only ...723512 can properly be called a "trigger" as it's the one that is on the mbuy. ...783929 involves paying full prices as it's not on the mbuy and therefore isn't "triggering" anything: the prices on other items (which aren't the invisible triggers) are appearing as what was actually paid, even though the ...783929 chomp is an item that also isn't appearing. However it is a far better one, if your store is showing 5 for 1 mbuy across all the products you buy, as it's back to 5 for 1 via refund at CS and also, hopefully, a 2 GC.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer

I posted pics this morning savvy...You will see what one it is...It has the 30p on the packet...post 6098
    13 Days to go

• thepearce
    • By thepearce 2nd Dec 17, 12:52 PM
    • 2,154 Posts
    • 12,624 Thanks
    thepearce
    Postie bought me a John Lewis mailing. Cake & drink from 8th Jan and a 50p off Heston coupon.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Dec 17, 12:53 PM
    • 48,862 Posts
    • 598,036 Thanks
    bubbs
    But you have lost sooo much....What has happened...Have you gained a pound...
    No only lost 1/2lb in 2 weeks wouldnt mind if i had cheated but i haven't !
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :-4 stone 5 1/2lb week 37
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 2nd Dec 17, 12:57 PM
    • 2,395 Posts
    • 27,549 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    No only lost 1/2lb in 2 weeks wouldnt mind if i had cheated but i haven't !
    Originally posted by bubbs
    Bubbles ......That is amazing....You won't continue to lose large amounts like you first did.....You have done what can only be said as absolutely amazing achievements that a lot of people could only dream about...

You have shown such determination to lose what you have...Don't be downhearted ...a loss is a loss...even if it was an ounce....Well done to you.....Chin up, pat yourself on the back and tell yourself how well you are and have done...
    13 Days to go

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Dec 17, 12:58 PM
    • 48,862 Posts
    • 598,036 Thanks
    bubbs
    Did we all get this?

Must check 3dogs list

Nopebut my sis did 6 coupons for incontinence pants and towels she darn't use them so i did in morries this morning, so all going to foodbank
    Wow I have just noticed how much you have lost, you have done amazing
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    Thanks
    But would this not be from the days when butter came wrapped in just grease proof paper, not paper backed in foil and plastic? (I dont know, but curious)

Phew! You wont see the posts where afew of us were actually praising you

Im not bothering this year, as away straight after new year. I have bought a lovely wreath for the door, and lending my lights to someone I know, so still will get some use out of stuff. I used to have 2 potted xmas trees either side of my door with lights on, but they have sadly passed away, so none this year. If I can buy a few potted trees after xmas, I will do.
    That would be a first
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 2nd Dec 17, 1:01 PM
    • 4,631 Posts
    • 56,621 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Iceland

10 pack Pepsi 2
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Dec 17, 1:02 PM
    • 48,862 Posts
    • 598,036 Thanks
    bubbs
    Of course its important to you bubbs.....but look at the big picture and how far youve come.

Wil speak later....the twigs wont wait
    I know and thanks x
    Bubbles ......That is amazing....You won't continue to lose large amounts like you first did.....You have done what can only be said as absolutely amazing achievements that a lot of people could only dream about...

You have shown such determination to lose what you have...Don't be downhearted ...a loss is a loss...even if it was an ounce....Well done to you.....Chin up, pat yourself on the back and tell yourself how well you are and have done...
    I know everyone is right but really wanted to go on a binge after this weeks WI but i didnt
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 2nd Dec 17, 1:03 PM
    • 19,827 Posts
    • 260,307 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Very good shop how much does the Pepsi work out at please. Does Diet Pepsi work.
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    Ten per cent cheaper than 1.25 (between 1.12 and 1.13) for each 8 pack of cans. The one that we know is working is the Diet Pepsi. I think you mean "do other versions of Pepsi 8x330ml work?" I don't know - it could be specific to the Diet product or they could have picked up 1.25 for one or more of the other versions.

I don't think 1.25 is the price in M, unless all my few Ms are hiding a half price offer from me by failing to display it on every version. The products are showing 2.50 at M online. If they really are 1.25 however then, yes, they should work. If it is a glitch as it may be - the 2L bottles are currently 1.25 and that is where the price may be coming from - they might only have done that with Diet Pepsi. Or they could have done it with the whole shelf or two or three versions at random. It's equivalent to 10% off a half price offer at M on at least Diet Pepsi, whether or not such an offer currently exists at M - if it doesn't, then it's not unreasonable that these cans could go to 1.25 price in M, although that could be a fairly rare offer, and prices like that not seen for quite some time, but this is allowing us to obtain as if there was such an offer on. Cans can be useful, but are usually very expensive compared to bottles - this comparison, after APG, is equivalent to over 85p per 2L! Personally I am sticking to SP Cola vs 17p T. Previously, I could have avoided buying any Cola at all but, sadly, on one shop - to buy a different "cheap" item that I hadn't already got - I bought some SP Cola - it turned my family liked it and I have had to buy it again ever since.

If, rather than cheapest price for every type of product though, you are looking at maximising the amount of APG back from a shop, then it clearly gives more back than buying SP Cola. You would have to spend more in the first place - but that may be a help in spending higher APG vouchers and getting more back on the next one.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 02-12-2017 at 1:18 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 2nd Dec 17, 1:07 PM
    • 2,395 Posts
    • 27,549 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Ten per cent cheaper than 1.25 (between 1.12 and 1.13) for each 8 pack of cans. The one that we know is working is the Diet Pepsi. I think you mean "do other versions of Pepsi 8x330ml work?" I don't know - it could be specific to the Diet product or they could have picked up 1.25 for one or more of the other versions.
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    I was being a little reserved in my estimations as to cost of each can....14 pence each can is even better than the 15pence i had said......
    13 Days to go

• bubbs
    • By bubbs 2nd Dec 17, 1:08 PM
    • 48,862 Posts
    • 598,036 Thanks
    bubbs
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection White Mushrooms (250g) 0.68 N/A
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Square Cut Medium Wholemeal Bread (800g) 0.59 0.55
    0.44x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.33 0.33
    1x ASDA Farm Stores White Potatoes (2.5kg) 1.19 1.35
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Cucumber (each) 0.50 0.45
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Iceberg Lettuce (each) 0.49 0.48
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sliced Carrots in Water (300g) 0.20 0.20
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Cherry Tomatoes (250g) 0.53 0.53
    3x Dove Men+Care Daily Care Duo Gift Set (each) 15.00 7.86
    3x Nivea Luscious Lips (each) 15.00 7.86
    Comparison total (compared products only) 33.83 19.61
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,986Posts Today

10,224Users online

Martin's Twitter