Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,503Posts
    • 35,676Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 306
    • Claire1972
    • By Claire1972 2nd Dec 17, 10:45 AM
    • 2,665 Posts
    • 37,452 Thanks
    Claire1972
    I've got to the bottom of the Chomp bar saga......I went to Asda this morning....There were three boxes on the shelf....Two with the bottom picture and one with the top picture...Test purchase has been made using the top pic...Barcode 622210 723512...Result...This is the one that you will need to find for the glitch to work...The other, well...probably use that and it will fail...But, there is a chance then of a nice GC....

Above Barcode 7 622210 723512 Succesful

Above Barcode 7 622210 783929 Failure
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Well done. Is this to go with any other 4 different chocolates.
    We're just happy to have a home, a family and our health. Whatever else is just added and it fits.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 2nd Dec 17, 10:47 AM
    • 11,859 Posts
    • 135,959 Thanks
    Anon
    Andoid

5 and 3 mands this morning .

Anon
    • Anon
    • By Anon 2nd Dec 17, 10:49 AM
    • 11,859 Posts
    • 135,959 Thanks
    Anon
    You can have another month (and another in Jan). Just add a new gmail account to your Android Pay and then add your same visa to the new account.
    (To do this - click on the "Burger Menu" top left of Android Pay, then click on the tiny "down arrow" on the right of your email address, select "Manage Accounts", then "Add Account", then "Or create a new account" - thus create a new gmail account and then you can add your same visa card to that account).
    Originally posted by Lima-India
    Interesting, so could you sign up to Andoid Pay with different accounts, switch accounts and get 20 entries on the same device per day?

I have a few gmail accounts .

Anon
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 2nd Dec 17, 10:50 AM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 56,633 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    COS

Just to let you all know COS is running at full capacity and receipts may take up to 72 hrs from submission to be processed.

xx
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• newbie1980
    • By newbie1980 2nd Dec 17, 10:52 AM
    • 1,828 Posts
    • 22,545 Thanks
    newbie1980
    A little help please

I am seriously thinking about an android phone. Can I link it to o2 later and get their offers through next year or until it stops

Ok its a reasonable outlay but would be happy to call it my Christmas as it will bring me joy (ken Marie )

If I could retrade it back later then that would be good too as I have other Visa cards I could register. You will see I know I will have more time on my hands

Tia
    Originally posted by mrsmac10
    link to the cheaper price

https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/home/products/alcatel/a3-plus-3g.html#!colour=black&capacity=16GB&dealType=pg
    • Anon
    • By Anon 2nd Dec 17, 10:54 AM
    • 11,859 Posts
    • 135,959 Thanks
    Anon
    A little help please

I am seriously thinking about an android phone. Can I link it to o2 later and get their offers through next year or until it stops

Ok its a reasonable outlay but would be happy to call it my Christmas as it will bring me joy (ken Marie )

If I could retrade it back later then that would be good too as I have other Visa cards I could register. You will see I know I will have more time on my hands

Tia
    Go through q/TCB first. Worth doing if you have a phone to trade in as 50 back. I am expecting a cost of about 12.50 after q, q bonus, Cashback (signed up when 69.99 including 10 top up).

Have added all apps (02, Gweggs etc) so may double up .

Hth

Anon
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 2nd Dec 17, 10:56 AM
    • 4,632 Posts
    • 56,633 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    What a difference 5 degrees makes - it is 9.5 here after a few days of chilly 4.

Feels positively balmy!
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 2nd Dec 17, 10:57 AM
    • 2,399 Posts
    • 27,592 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Well done. Is this to go with any other 4 different chocolates.
    Originally posted by Claire1972
    Yes in the 5 for 1....I got a Freddo, 2 curly wurly and a fudge...only as fillers for a few other bits I will post in an hour...
    12 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 2nd Dec 17, 10:59 AM
    • 2,399 Posts
    • 27,592 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    What a difference 5 degrees makes - it is 9.5 here after a few days of chilly 4.

Feels positively balmy!
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    ..I'm sure this could be the start to a song...
    12 Days to go

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • newbie1980
    • By newbie1980 2nd Dec 17, 11:01 AM
    • 1,828 Posts
    • 22,545 Thanks
    newbie1980
    Go through q/TCB first. Worth doing if you have a phone to trade in as 50 back. I am expecting a cost of about 12.50 after q, q bonus, Cashback (signed up when 69.99 including 10 top up).

Have added all apps (02, Gweggs etc) so may double up .

Hth

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    what i did is add the cheaper price phone to the basket then went through tcb which had the cheaper price in the basket still
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 2nd Dec 17, 11:03 AM
    • 2,399 Posts
    • 27,592 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Maybe a tune to start the day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASUGzePWx4o&list=RDASUGzePWx4o
    12 Days to go

• thepearce
    • By thepearce 2nd Dec 17, 11:09 AM
    • 2,154 Posts
    • 12,625 Thanks
    thepearce
    That's what I'd like to do, wonder if anyone has tried that, would need to add a 5/3 each time and build it up
    Originally posted by Nebnalon
    I've tried it (adding multiple to a gift card). Asked in store. They went through the motions at the till but it would not work. The problem seems to be these are promotional codes - valid against food, clothes and homeware only.

** I also asked, tried and failed in greggs **

I tried to use more than one code at once. I think I managed 5 + 3 together once but liklely the problem was with what I was trying to buy. I have a feeling that yellow stickered stuff will be a problem, as was the 10 meal deal (with wine).

M&S referred me to google. My query was passed to the wallet team there but all they could tell me was the codes are confirmed valid - please speak to M&S.

When some of my codes failed (I had not deleted them) the [self service] till later gave a warning and the code was shown on the screen so I took photos.

On Friday I used a code and it didn't look very promising but ended up working at the final screen. Bought something for <3 with a 3 code.

To make sure I don't lose any codes, and to help with managing what I (and Mrs thepearce) have used I take screenshots, sync them up to google photos and then add them to individual albums per voucher type. Share the album with Mrs thepearce. That way we can both see them when we need to.

When we use one a viber/whatsapp to each other is a good way to record it. At some point later I add the relevant photos to a "used" album and renove them from the voucher album. Sounds complicated I guess but has made things a lot easier.
    Last edited by thepearce; 02-12-2017 at 11:11 AM.
    • Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 2nd Dec 17, 11:22 AM
    • 14,138 Posts
    • 247,332 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Good Morning

Charity Bingo went well, apart from only a hand full of people turned up

Amazing generous prizes - so apart from one friend everyone won a prize
    (we gave her a bottle of Cockburns to ease our guilt )
    Our Family Motto ~
    ♦ If all else fails - read the instructions ♦

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 2nd Dec 17, 11:29 AM
    • 14,138 Posts
    • 247,332 Thanks
    Snap-ant

Light up Crocs 44.99 or 2 pairs for 40 & free del & returns

http://www.crocs.co.uk/crocband-holiday-lights-clog/203611,en_GB,pd.html?cid=4HB&cgid=selected-styles#start=46

Our Family Motto ~

• Snap-ant
    • By Snap-ant 2nd Dec 17, 11:35 AM
    • 14,138 Posts
    • 247,332 Thanks
    Snap-ant
    Seren was yesterday's smartest player!

21 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier

Our Family Motto ~

• emerald21
    • By emerald21 2nd Dec 17, 11:35 AM
    • 9,674 Posts
    • 112,402 Thanks
    emerald21
    I've tried it (adding multiple to a gift card). Asked in store. They went through the motions at the till but it would not work. The problem seems to be these are promotional codes - valid against food, clothes and homeware only.

** I also asked, tried and failed in greggs **

I tried to use more than one code at once. I think I managed 5 + 3 together once but liklely the problem was with what I was trying to buy. I have a feeling that yellow stickered stuff will be a problem, as was the 10 meal deal (with wine).

M&S referred me to google. My query was passed to the wallet team there but all they could tell me was the codes are confirmed valid - please speak to M&S.

When some of my codes failed (I had not deleted them) the [self service] till later gave a warning and the code was shown on the screen so I took photos.

On Friday I used a code and it didn't look very promising but ended up working at the final screen. Bought something for <3 with a 3 code.

To make sure I don't lose any codes, and to help with managing what I (and Mrs thepearce) have used I take screenshots, sync them up to google photos and then add them to individual albums per voucher type. Share the album with Mrs thepearce. That way we can both see them when we need to.

When we use one a viber/whatsapp to each other is a good way to record it. At some point later I add the relevant photos to a "used" album and renove them from the voucher album. Sounds complicated I guess but has made things a lot easier.
    Originally posted by thepearce
    Yes Is there a quick way of deleting it when used please ?

Off to a good start 4 draws again
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 2nd Dec 17, 11:36 AM
    • 9,674 Posts
    • 112,402 Thanks
    emerald21
    ..I'm sure this could be the start to a song...
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    What a difference a day makes 24 little hoursssss
    • jax.26
    • By jax.26 2nd Dec 17, 11:37 AM
    • 1,762 Posts
    • 21,616 Thanks
    jax.26
    I think you popped into my thoughts yesterday. Am I right in thinking you stay near me ? It was when barley sugar suggested a meet up I thought I was going to meet you when I left mcds
    Hi there
    Yes I stay in Glasgow. I think we just never got round to it.

I lost my mojo for glitching so its been a long time since my last glitch....But I have been reading up now and again but anyhow yesterday I was in sada and thought why not give it a go.

So, 6 Aussie shampoo and 3 B&H sets later here I am... of course I thought i'd messed it up a million times during the 3 hours but all worked out well except for a apg of 20.27!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 2nd Dec 17, 11:49 AM
    • 32,098 Posts
    • 457,466 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning to all regulars, posters, visitors and last but not least, the lurkers.
    Originally posted by zagubov
    Zag.....is it safe to line a cake tin with foil instead of baking paper?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 2nd Dec 17, 12:02 PM
    • 25,190 Posts
    • 309,277 Thanks
    davemorton
    Zag.....is it safe to line a cake tin with foil instead of baking paper?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    If you grease it, it should be okay, but why not pop out to the local shop and just buy some, the cost of the ingredients in a fruit cake is not worth messing about with. (Presuming it is a late baked xmas cake.)
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,835Posts Today

7,179Users online

Martin's Twitter