Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,506Posts
    • 35,687Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 300
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 10:31 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,623 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    ... It wants to be at that price! I baulk at paying more than 50p

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Here we are. This is all thats left.

I ate both ends as the crusty bits are the best.

Ive had it with jam on, cream cheese and Lurpak too. I would have eaten it all but Im trying to watch my weight leading up to Christmas.

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 1st Dec 17, 10:31 PM
    • 1,786 Posts
    • 22,022 Thanks
    curl girl
    If anyone sees any offers on Thierry Mugler Alien perfum, give me a shout please
    (How much 30 ml for that much, I would want it to make me 10 years younger so I could re-live my teens!!)
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I deleted a boots email, offering 10 off certain fragrances?
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:32 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,399 Thanks
    davemorton
    I dont make the goulash soup very often, as the ingredients list is huge!!!
    See below!
    1 lb (450 g) braising steak
    2 pints (1.5 litres) beef or vegetable stock
    1 teaspooon tomato pur!e
    1 lb (450 g) potatoes, peeled and cut into inch (1 cm) cubes
    1 green or red pepper, deseeded and chopped
    5 fl oz (150 ml) soured cream
    salt and freshly milled black pepper
    1-2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 large onion, chopped small
    1 tablespoon plain flour
    2 tablespoons hot paprika, plus a little extra for sprinkling
    teaspoon dried marjoram (if available)
    teaspoon caraway seeds
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    14 oz (400 g) tinned Italian chopped tomatoes
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 10:32 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,623 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Just had a look, and her soup book is available used on Amazon for 2.80. I know most things are on the internet, but it really is a good book. TM, get it bought, treat yourself!!!I know you like cook books.
    Ive just requested Nigel Slaters Christmas chronicles

Know you love him
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:32 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,399 Thanks
    davemorton
    I deleted a boots email, offering 10 off certain fragrances?
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Well get raking in your trash can woman!
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:33 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,399 Thanks
    davemorton
    Ive just requested Nigel Slaters Christmas chronicles

Know you love him
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 1st Dec 17, 10:33 PM
    • 27,171 Posts
    • 377,096 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    A choon....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cs3Pvmmv0E
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 1st Dec 17, 10:36 PM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 144,966 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Well TS...Music is the food of love.Not my quote but Shakespeare........I am glad it helped you through your day....

Went to see TJ at Sherwood Pines Nottingham in June...He is just as good live as on the TV
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Reminds me of a 70's album I bought by Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Titch - If music be the food of love .................................................. .......prepare for indigestion

Is this a better shot, the light was on his face in the last one.

Yes Nanny is a big fan, I did get a short video first year I saw him, think I posted it for her but can't find it as was either on my old phone or photobucket.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Yes, his face was all blurred, I thought you'd flashed him

With the flash on your camera of course
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 18, Nov 19/16

3for2 list is post 210, Fillers are 211-214
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 10:37 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,623 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    And while Ive got the camera out

A little treat for me

Supposed to be in the top ten gins in the world, according to someone or other

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Bikertov
    • By Bikertov 1st Dec 17, 10:39 PM
    • 1,535 Posts
    • 9,573 Thanks
    Bikertov
    I think Ive lost the plot.

I needed to make a trip to town today and noticed that Mr TM had a 5 off wys 25 at M&S.

I just went in with gay abandon and spent an entire 25 ....I didnt even have a list...I just picked up random things without thinking and put them in my trolley.

It was weird

I even bought one of those in store baked loaves for 1.90 which was delicious.

I think I need help
    Now could you do that ?
    It is just unnatural to buy stuff in a supermarket and not scan every item to see where it is cheaper, divide your shop into different sets depending where it is cheaper, and counting each group again and again to ensure you have at least 8 if not 10 items per group.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:40 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,399 Thanks
    davemorton
    Think you have a mark on your glass cupboard door TM. Needs a wipe down, possibly looks like it might be a splash from the food mixer.
    • locarr
    • By locarr 1st Dec 17, 10:42 PM
    • 7,759 Posts
    • 138,899 Thanks
    locarr
    I bought some floral trousers in T I think which were billed as sleepwear and daywear (they had a nice phrase for it) and which I often wear when I am working from home. I have gone supermarket shopping in them but when I did a middle-of-the-night airport run in them my friend complemented me on my pjs and I've been less keen on being seen in them!
    Originally posted by Picasso7

Lounge wear...4p back in the day still got a set unopened in the cupboard

I got this close

Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    It's not unusual!
    "I've never looked at myself and said that I need to be a certain way to be around a certain sort of people. I've always wanted to stay true to myself, and I've managed to do that. People have to accept that."
    Jay-Z

bilge copyright all rights reserved
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 1st Dec 17, 10:43 PM
    • 1,786 Posts
    • 22,022 Thanks
    curl girl
    Well get raking in your trash can woman!
    Think it was a general offer this weekend.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:45 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,399 Thanks
    davemorton
    Lounge wear...4p back in the day still got a set unopened in the cupboard

Originally posted by locarr
    You cant go shopping in YOUR 4p 'lounge wear'!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 10:46 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,623 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Now could you do that ?
    It is just unnatural to buy stuff in a supermarket and not scan every item to see where it is cheaper, divide your shop into different sets depending where it is cheaper, and counting each group again and again to ensure you have at least 8 if not 10 items per group.
    Originally posted by Bikertov
    I know

I bought these too

Its not even proper food

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 10:47 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,623 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Think you have a mark on your glass cupboard door TM. Needs a wipe down, possibly looks like it might be a splash from the food mixer.

Im aiming for the lived in look
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 1st Dec 17, 10:48 PM
    • 36,205 Posts
    • 153,034 Thanks
    silvercar
    A puzzle for you

A piece of string is attached to the corner of a cube. The cube is suspended by the string and lowered into a bucket of water so that exactly half of the cube is submerged. What shape is made by the intersection of the cube with the surface of the water?

The shape formed is a regular hexagon. Three faces of the cube meet at each corner so as you lower the cube, the intersection starts off as a point and grows into a triangle. The size of the triangle continues to grow as you lower the cube until it reaches it largest possible size. This happens when the water passes through all corners connected to the submerged corner by an edge of the cube. Any further lowering truncates the corners of the triangle and produces a six sided figure with the surface of the water intersecting all six sides of the cube. As you continue to lower the cube, the longer sides of the six sided figure decrease in length and shorter sides increase in length until they all become exactly the same length. This happens when the water intersects the midpoints of all edges not connected to the corner connected to the string or its diametrically opposed corner. The rotational and reflective symmetry of the cube tells us that all the sides and angles are equal.
    But...a cube is a 3D shape and a regular hexagon is a 2D shape.
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 1st Dec 17, 10:49 PM
    • 36,205 Posts
    • 153,034 Thanks
    silvercar
    I went shopping for 2 small light bulbs, expecting them to be 50p each. Spent 4, seems there are new rules and they all low energy and long lasting or some nonsense.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:50 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,399 Thanks
    davemorton

Im aiming for the lived in look
    Yip, me too, all the rage you know.

• marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 1st Dec 17, 10:52 PM
    • 2,439 Posts
    • 27,942 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    If anyone sees any offers on Thierry Mugler Alien perfum, give me a shout please
    (How much 30 ml for that much, I would want it to make me 10 years younger so I could re-live my teens!!)
    Not sure if its 30 ml or 60ml you are looking for but I found this

ALIEN EDP 60ML & BODY LOTION 100ML 58:14
    11 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

228Posts Today

1,538Users online

Martin's Twitter