Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,496Posts
    • 35,667Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 299
    • Anon
    • By Anon 1st Dec 17, 10:17 PM
    • 11,853 Posts
    • 135,899 Thanks
    Anon
    I’ve eaten half of it....it’s the nicest bread ever
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    ... It wants to be at that price! I baulk at paying more than 50p

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 01-12-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 1st Dec 17, 10:19 PM
    • 2,387 Posts
    • 27,471 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    If anyone sees any offers on Thierry Mugler Alien perfum, give me a shout please
    (How much 30 ml for that much, I would want it to make me 10 years younger so I could re-live my teens!!)
    Originally posted by davemorton
    I had seen this at around 41 for 60ml during Black Friday....
    14 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 10:19 PM
    • 19,825 Posts
    • 260,246 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I might get there in the end.

The Old Rosie Cloudy Scrumpy Cider (10L), that I originally had on my list at 20 (which I thought was a good price for the quantity), which went to a "Black Friday" price of 15, went to 13 on Wednesday. So, it was better to ignore Black Friday, as that was still too expensive, and buy it afterwards!
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 1st Dec 17, 10:19 PM
    • 11,853 Posts
    • 135,899 Thanks
    Anon
    That’s better

Android - 3 x 3 Mands, 1 x 3 Gweggs, 2 mands Coke .

Anon
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:19 PM
    • 25,176 Posts
    • 309,073 Thanks
    davemorton
    Oh, I dont mind paying for nice bread. The difference between a nice loaf and a boring one is huge.
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:20 PM
    • 25,176 Posts
    • 309,073 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thats better

Android - 3 x 3 Mands, 1 x 3 Gweggs, 2 mands Coke .

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon
    Well gel!!
    Still, my 3 x 3 and 1 x coke wasnt bad
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • Anon
    • By Anon 1st Dec 17, 10:21 PM
    • 11,853 Posts
    • 135,899 Thanks
    Anon
    Oh, I dont mind paying for nice bread. The difference between a nice loaf and a boring one is huge.
    We know the difference is huge, about 1.40 on TMs prices .

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 01-12-2017 at 10:28 PM.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 10:21 PM
    • 19,825 Posts
    • 260,246 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Spooky that we are both posting about Black Friday at roughly the same time.

Following on from my last post, might be cheaper now after Black Friday.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:21 PM
    • 25,176 Posts
    • 309,073 Thanks
    davemorton
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Yip, then when people decide to put it on their Santa list after all the sales have finished
    • Anon
    • By Anon 1st Dec 17, 10:21 PM
    • 11,853 Posts
    • 135,899 Thanks
    Anon
    Well gel!!
    Still, my 3 x 3 and 1 x coke wasnt bad
    Good ROI .

Anon
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 1st Dec 17, 10:22 PM
    • 27,165 Posts
    • 377,001 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Is this a better shot, the light was on his face in the last one.

Yes Nanny is a big fan, I did get a short video first year I saw him, think I posted it for her but can't find it as was either on my old phone or photobucket.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:23 PM
    • 25,176 Posts
    • 309,073 Thanks
    davemorton
    Florentine's....and tips. I cant seem to get mine to be chewy, and I prefer them chewy.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 10:25 PM
    • 32,079 Posts
    • 457,219 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Florentine's....and tips. I cant seem to get mine to be chewy, and I prefer them chewy.
    You want a tip?

Buy them from marksies
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 1st Dec 17, 10:26 PM
    • 27,165 Posts
    • 377,001 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    You need waities whoopsies.

Although saying that they were wasting a lot of the bakery section at DD's store last sunday. I hate to see good food go to waste. My local does good reductions last thing.

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:26 PM
    • 25,176 Posts
    • 309,073 Thanks
    davemorton
    You want a tip?

Buy them from marksies
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Now where is the fun in that? (And prefer Brockbushes anyway )
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:27 PM
    • 25,176 Posts
    • 309,073 Thanks
    davemorton
    You need waities whoopsies.

Although saying that they were wasting a lot of the bakery section at DD's store last sunday. I hate to see good food go to waste. My local does good reductions last thing.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Nope, I just need a Waities. They are really neglecting TM and I. Very rude of them!
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 1st Dec 17, 10:28 PM
    • 1,764 Posts
    • 21,778 Thanks
    curl girl
    Soup recipies, I usually just make them up. Once you get used to it you cant go wrong, but for specific types, I always turn to Delia for soup. I have a lovely soup book of hers (particularly recommend the goulash soup )

Delias French Onion Soup...
    https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/french/french-onion-soup

Sorry marmie, dm's recipe may win.
    White wine and cognac.
    Mmmmmm two of my favourite things.

Plus onions, I always have to have loads of onions in.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 1st Dec 17, 10:29 PM
    • 27,165 Posts
    • 377,001 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Nope, I just need a Waities. They are really neglecting TM and I. Very rude of them!
    I'm feeling a bit neglected by them too as still no conditional spends in the post for me today.

Has someone told them I went to Ts last week.

• pepper77
    • By pepper77 1st Dec 17, 10:30 PM
    • 820 Posts
    • 2,826 Thanks
    pepper77
    I might get there in the end.

The Old Rosie Cloudy Scrumpy Cider (10L), that I originally had on my list at 20 (which I thought was a good price for the quantity), which went to a "Black Friday" price of 15, went to 13 on Wednesday. So, it was better to ignore Black Friday, as that was still too expensive, and buy it afterwards!
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    Is it still available at that price ? Where?
    TIA
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 10:30 PM
    • 25,176 Posts
    • 309,073 Thanks
    davemorton
    Sorry marmie, dm's recipe may win.
    White wine and cognac.
    Mmmmmm two of my favourite things.

Plus onions, I always have to have loads of onions in.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Just had a look, and her soup book is available used on Amazon for 2.80. I know most things are on the internet, but it really is a good book. TM, get it bought, treat yourself!!!I know you like cook books.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

283Posts Today

1,161Users online

Martin's Twitter