Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,506Posts
    • 35,687Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 297
    • Tinyshoes
    • By Tinyshoes 1st Dec 17, 9:33 PM
    • 27,171 Posts
    • 377,096 Thanks
    Tinyshoes
    Dont come here with your puzzles, trying to distract us from your reckless abandon and non-Elite ways ....

Anon
    Originally posted by Anon

You tell her Anon.

I have had to have a lie down 1.90 for a loaf of bread.
    Birds flying high, You know how I feel, Sun in the sky, You know how I feel,
    Reeds driftin' on by, You know how I feel

It's a new dawn, It's a new day, It's a new life, For me, And I'm feeling good...
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 1st Dec 17, 9:34 PM
    • 4,643 Posts
    • 56,760 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Toys R Us is closing 25 stores

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42204182
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 9:35 PM
    • 19,837 Posts
    • 260,356 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    My chomp had the same barcode as yours...I didn't get the 5 4 1 on the receipt either
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    I'm buying the wrong Chomp and failing to get overcharged.

Where are you getting these Chomps from? What weight do they say on the bars?
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 9:35 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,623 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    She says he did it without her knowledge! And as she doesnt like coke she ignored it. However, her very first post on the forum was a coke glitch.
    Originally posted by Marigoldsal
    The little tinker

I swear that sal can find a glitch on a receipt that would go over everyone elses head

Just remind her about the great Jakemans glitch and who found that though
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 1st Dec 17, 9:36 PM
    • 2,439 Posts
    • 27,942 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    This is my second try at posting a reply and Savvy Sal isnt much help! She asked me to reply and say shes sitting here with her oxygen mask on holding a pretend piece of string thats fixed to an imaginary cube and still cant get an answer. APGs are more fun! Well done on the Mullers and the felix for Oz. We got our Mullers earlier in the week.

Sounds like you two are having a bit of a giggle
    11 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 9:36 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,623 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

You tell her Anon.

I have had to have a lie down 1.90 for a loaf of bread.
    Originally posted by Tinyshoes
    Ive eaten half of it....its the nicest bread ever
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 1st Dec 17, 9:36 PM
    • 1,786 Posts
    • 22,022 Thanks
    curl girl
    How about....

Onions....cooked in butter....over a low heat until they are golden brown...The longer they cook the better until they are very sweet and sticky....

Add some sherry....and cook until most of the alcohol smell has gone....

Add you own homemade chicken stock...Probably not the norm but very tasty together with a few sprigs of Thyme and a bay leaf....

Cook over a medium heat bringing it to a simmer...Simmer for 20 minutes before pouring into oven
    proof dishes....Having seasoned to taste with salt and pepper and discarding the bay leaf and Thyme stalk....

Using a nice rustic bread...buttered and rubbed with garlic...Pour some of the onion liquid into an oven proof dish...place some of the bread on top...some gruyerre cheese...more liquid and topped with more bread and cheese....Place in an oven to melt the cheese to a golden brown...

Serve and go to heaven....
    Oh marmie you are my perfect Man!
    That sounds wonderful.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 1st Dec 17, 9:37 PM
    • 2,439 Posts
    • 27,942 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    I'm buying the wrong Chomp and failing to get overcharged.

Where are you getting these Chomps from? What weight do they say on the bars?
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    My chomp was in the 5 4 1 with all the other 5 4 1s...23.5 gms
    11 Days to go

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 9:38 PM
    • 19,837 Posts
    • 260,356 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    She says he did it without her knowledge! And as she doesnt like coke she ignored it. However, her very first post on the forum was a coke glitch.
    I can't remember that. I was probably unaware of it too. Both of us starting threads neither of us knowing the other one was doing so?

Anyway, if there was any confusion, it's long under the bridge now (I hope!). If there was anything wrong, it was unintentional and no malicious intent.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    • savvy sal
    • By savvy sal 1st Dec 17, 9:38 PM
    • 4,937 Posts
    • 75,244 Thanks
    savvy sal
    The little tinker

I swear that sal can find a glitch on a receipt that would go over everyone elses head

Just remind her about the great Jakemans glitch and who found that though
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    I'll never forget those Jakemans
    • davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 9:39 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,398 Thanks
    davemorton
    Thanks savvy.

I mixed my soup shop as got excited to see French Onion my favourite and don't see it very often.

A lovely French Onion Soup recipe would be welcome from the cooks please?

Off to get a glass of something nice.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Soup recipies, I usually just make them up. Once you get used to it you cant go wrong, but for specific types, I always turn to Delia for soup. I have a lovely soup book of hers (particularly recommend the goulash soup )

Delias French Onion Soup...
    https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/international/european/french/french-onion-soup

Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • annieme
    • By annieme 1st Dec 17, 9:39 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 5,715 Thanks
    annieme
    Aha - two versions of the Chomp! It's me that is wrong - buying the wrong Chomp (that doesn't give a potential 2 GC claim). Unless it is really a completely different size of Chomp that is so massively different that no-one reasonably could fit it within the description on the SEL.

Probably someone has picked up a Chomp from elsewhere in the store and then put it back with the different size Chomps in the 5 for 1 shelving. Or are they both the same weight (23.5g)?

Seems to give us three triggers (except one isn't even in the offer but is also a no-show): Chomp (my BC), Chomp (your BC) and Buttons.

I've been caught out by this before - two different pack sizes of Hula Hoops, within a fraction of a gram difference per pack, several years ago: mine was an invisible one - would have been much better to have bought the other pack that appeared and compared everything, including itself, from full price.
    Same size 23.5g, a full box of them. I will go & investigate before going to cs & report back.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 9:39 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,623 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I can't remember that. I was probably unaware of it too. Both of us starting threads neither of us knowing the other one was doing so?

Anyway, if there was any confusion, it's long under the bridge now (I hope!). If there was anything wrong, it was unintentional and no malicious intent.
    We are winding you up savvy
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 9:39 PM
    • 19,837 Posts
    • 260,356 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    My chomp was in the 5 4 1 with all the other 5 4 1s...23.5 gms
    If that's the case, I have been definitely buying the wrong version as mine is the same weight. No GC for me, as mine gives the 5 for 1 mbuy deduction.
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 1st Dec 17, 9:40 PM
    • 2,439 Posts
    • 27,942 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Toys R Us is closing 25 stores

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42204182
    Originally posted by Serendipitious
    If you have any GCs for Toys R Us...Might be prudent to use them ASAP....
    11 Days to go

• davemorton
    • By davemorton 1st Dec 17, 9:40 PM
    • 25,201 Posts
    • 309,398 Thanks
    davemorton
    4 more prize draws
    Im a board guide on Pie Making Moneysaving. I'm a volunteer to help the pie production & consumption run smoothly. I can help merge tastes and fillings. Any pies made are mine & are not those of other Moneysavingexperts. Im a board guide not a qualified baker and as such do not make every type of pie. If you spot a quiche or flan please report it.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 9:41 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,623 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    I'll never forget those Jakemans
    Originally posted by savvy sal
    Hey you may laugh sal......there were folk rushing out with their nighties tucked down their trousers at midnight to get that glitch
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 9:45 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,623 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    4 more prize draws
    Originally posted by davemorton
    Surely one of us (one of you) has to win a prize in the Prize Draw

What can you actually win?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • 3Dogs
    • By 3Dogs 1st Dec 17, 9:46 PM
    • 13,370 Posts
    • 144,966 Thanks
    3Dogs
    Strange how some of us are getting different results.
    Mine was a mixed 8 batch though.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Weird result and it's not the normal Scotland/England thing either

This is my second try at posting a reply and Savvy Sal isnt much help! She asked me to reply and say shes sitting here with her oxygen mask on holding a pretend piece of string thats fixed to an imaginary cube and still cant get an answer. APGs are more fun! Well done on the Mullers and the felix for Oz. We got our Mullers earlier in the week.
    Oh I am so glad we are keeping you both amused

Good Evening

Just watched a work friend get married in Jamaica

Live video popped up on Facebook

It made me cry she looked so happy
    Originally posted by tweets
    Isn't the internet wonderful
    Mr 3Dogs 3-7-12 3Dogs'Mam 31-3-13

NSD Oct 18, Nov 16, Dec 21, Jan 16, Feb 19, Mar 19, Apr 20, May 16, June 19, July 20, Aug 21, Sept 19, Oct 18, Nov 19/16

3for2 list is post 210, Fillers are 211-214
    • pippo
    • By pippo 1st Dec 17, 9:47 PM
    • 2,812 Posts
    • 30,309 Thanks
    pippo
    i`ve only done one gift set apg as i needed a small pressie for one person.she has just announced shes not doing presents this year but giving what she would have spent to charity instead.
    Originally posted by bargainqueen8
    Yep, you couldn't write it could you.
    For once I was a bit ahead Christmas shopping wise, not necessarily bought all the things, but knew what I wanted for who.
    Email from DDiL re family adults secret santa, so basically my son's family (us two) and his wife's family, quite a few.
    We usually travel down to stay and we exchange small gifts with the in/out laws when we go.. the number depends on who will be there. Those would have been sorted mainly from the vast stash!!

This secret santa thing is I think a good idea - buy 1 present each for 30, it would cost a lot more if I was a muggle, hadn't been crafty and making Christmas preserves!!

Now I have to buy a present for the Hungarian partner of my son's brother in law who I have never even heard of, let alone met!! (I googled, she's female!)
    Will obviously have to buy for my dearly beloved grumpy's recipient too.
    The site is quite good though as people can add their wish list and a bit about themselves.

Some of things I have already bought will be passed on to son and DilL anyway
    Toiletries/cosmetics In 31 Out 62 - cost 9.24
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

120Posts Today

3,045Users online

Martin's Twitter