Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 12,503Posts
    • 35,686Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 296
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 9:05 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,600 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Thanks.
    I have tried before but it turned out limp and tasteless not at all how I remember it from Paris.

Will try again, think I've some of those stock pots left.
    Originally posted by curl girl
    Its the stock that will make it great....did you add sugar....it sort of caramelises it

I got some W vouchers today but they are upping the ante. 10 off 50 and 12 off 60
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 1st Dec 17, 9:07 PM
    • 11,860 Posts
    • 135,980 Thanks
    Anon
    Strange how some of us are getting different results.
    Mine was a mixed 8 batch though.
    Could it be different bc, or Scotland/Engkand issue?

Anon
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 9:08 PM
    • 19,829 Posts
    • 260,332 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Hi all,not sure if it’s been reported but my vaseline shop from earlier didn’t compare to Tesco.

mparison
    9 items (5 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) 0.10 N/A
    2x Maltsmiths Brewing Pilsner (330ml) 3.00 N/A
    3x Vaseline Lulu Guinness Selection Lip Tin (each) 15.00 N/A
    1x Seriously Strong Vintage Spreadable Cheese (125g) 1.00 N/A
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) 0.10 0.10
    3x Propercorn Sweet & Salty Popcorn (6x14g) 5.37 3.00
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (1pt) 0.49 0.50
    2x Maltsmiths Brewing IPA (330ml) 3.00 N/A
    3x Propercorn Lightly Sea Salted Popcorn Multipack (6x10g) 5.37 3.00
    Originally posted by valhallablue
    Presumably that lip tin doesn't compare against M either?

A legacy entry from the M list, from before any confirmation that this was on 3 for 2 in A:

Vaseline Lulu Guinness Selection Lip Tin Set5.00x2 Any 2 for 8.00
    Originally posted by Savvybuyer
    It's not going to work is it?
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    3Dogs' lists - page 6, posts 210-214.
    • annieme
    • By annieme 1st Dec 17, 9:10 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 5,715 Thanks
    annieme
    Are you sure you scanned all the items you bought in the offer? And didn't put with Curly Wurlies an item that isn't in the offer? Looks strange to me as Curly Wurlies are showing 5 for 1 and should be giving the mbuy (as long as something else in it is also scanned).
    I bought 4 curly wurlys & a Cadbury chomp. Labels all indicated they were in the 5 for 1 deal. Was I wrong please?
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 9:15 PM
    • 19,829 Posts
    • 260,332 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I bought 4 curly wurlys & a Cadbury chomp. Labels all indicated they were in the 5 for 1 deal. Was I wrong please?
    Originally posted by annieme
    I thought they all were in the mbuy. Has the mbuy ended on Curly Wurly (but still showing online)? The Chomp (BC 7 622210 723512) is on the mbuy - or was late this afternoon - as I bought it with the Black Jacks. The only "wrong" on your shop was that the chocolates are best vs S or M.

If the mbuy hasn't come off, you are very right as you should have a 2 GC. (Difficulty may be if the offer really has ended today or is ending soon, slowly reaching different stores over the next 24 hours, that the mbuy labelling may be pulled off and not be on the shelving when you next visit for the GC - unless they just take your word, how can you show that the mbuy was on display when you bought the items?)
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 01-12-2017 at 9:19 PM.
    M lists - page 18 (on 40 posts per page setting) - Avs M: post 705 onwards; Tvs M and "Buy in M": post 709 onwards.
    Glitch items vs M - page 121, post 4816 (complex version) and post 4817 (simplified version).
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 1st Dec 17, 9:15 PM
    • 2,416 Posts
    • 27,683 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Thanks savvy.

I mixed my soup shop as got excited to see French Onion my favourite and don't see it very often.

A lovely French Onion Soup recipe would be welcome from the cooks please?

Off to get a glass of something nice.
    How about....

Onions....cooked in butter....over a low heat until they are golden brown...The longer they cook the better until they are very sweet and sticky....

Add some sherry....and cook until most of the alcohol smell has gone....

Add you own homemade chicken stock...Probably not the norm but very tasty together with a few sprigs of Thyme and a bay leaf....

Cook over a medium heat bringing it to a simmer...Simmer for 20 minutes before pouring into oven
    proof dishes....Having seasoned to taste with salt and pepper and discarding the bay leaf and Thyme stalk....

Using a nice rustic bread...buttered and rubbed with garlic...Pour some of the onion liquid into an oven proof dish...place some of the bread on top...some gruyerre cheese...more liquid and topped with more bread and cheese....Place in an oven to melt the cheese to a golden brown...

Serve and go to heaven....
    11 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Marigoldsal
    • By Marigoldsal 1st Dec 17, 9:16 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    Marigoldsal
    This is my second try at posting a reply and Savvy Sal isnt much help! She asked me to reply and say shes sitting here with her oxygen mask on holding a pretend piece of string thats fixed to an imaginary cube and still cant get an answer. APGs are more fun! Well done on the Mullers and the felix for Oz. We got our Mullers earlier in the week.
    • frequent
    • By frequent 1st Dec 17, 9:17 PM
    • 4,876 Posts
    • 96,606 Thanks
    frequent
    The chomp acted as an invisible trigger, under the 5 for 1.00 deal a curly wurly would cost 20p.
    Reaching a life point where " you don't give flying bollock', its kind of cool here "
    • Serendipitious
    • By Serendipitious 1st Dec 17, 9:17 PM
    • 4,642 Posts
    • 56,742 Thanks
    Serendipitious
    Evening elite. For those making hampers for babies, Home Bargains have Highgrove baby oil, lotion, wash & balm all at 99p. rrp 20 Never heard of it but it comes in posh looking boxes.
    Originally posted by josie_ann57
    Is it this?

http://www.royalcollectionshop.co.uk/highgrove-baby-organic-bath-and-body-wash.html?nosto=nosto-page-product1
    All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.

June grocery 62.91 July 89.07 Aug 71.25 Sept 82.74 Oct - not much; Nov - probably even less

• TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 9:18 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,600 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Ooh....just seen the shop small ad on TV
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 9:21 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,600 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    This is my second try at posting a reply and Savvy Sal isnt much help! She asked me to reply and say shes sitting here with her oxygen mask on holding a pretend piece of string thats fixed to an imaginary cube and still cant get an answer. APGs are more fun! Well done on the Mullers and the felix for Oz. We got our Mullers earlier in the week.
    Originally posted by Marigoldsal
    What a pair you are?

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • choirchick
    • By choirchick 1st Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    • 1,036 Posts
    • 20,905 Thanks
    choirchick
    My Dove hand wash didn't compare as expected

2x Dove Go Fresh Scents Beauty Cream Hand Wash (250ml) 3.00 2.00

1x Dove Original Beauty Cream Hand Wash (250ml) 1.50 1.80
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,600 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Marigold....
    Ask Sal to sort out that coke comparison.....Savvys hopeless

Cant believe she once started a new thread with savvy hes going to have to get his act together

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • annieme
    • By annieme 1st Dec 17, 9:23 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 5,715 Thanks
    annieme
    I thought they all were in the mbuy. Has the mbuy ended on Curly Wurly (but still showing online)? The Chomp (BC 7 622210 723512) is on the mbuy - or was late this afternoon - as I bought it with the Black Jacks. The only "wrong" on your shop was that the chocolates are best vs S or M.

If the mbuy hasn't come off, you are very right as you should have a 2 GC. (Difficulty may be if the offer really has ended today or is ending soon, slowly reaching different stores over the next 24 hours, that the mbuy labelling may be pulled off and not be on the shelving when you next visit for the GC.)
    Ive just checked & the chomp has a different bar code: 7 622210 783929. Obviously thats the problem, Ill go back in the morning but is the multibuy ending in Asda or M please?
    Thank you for your help.
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 9:24 PM
    • 19,829 Posts
    • 260,332 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    Just realised A didn't pick up the 5 sweets for 1 on my receipt. I might try for a 2 gc as overcharged if they don't scribble on my receipt which I'm sure they will.

The glitter ball is comparing to T's 5.62 now.

14 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda tesco
    3x Impulse Glitter Ball Body Fragrance Gift Set (each) 30.00 16.86
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) 0.10 N/A
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) 0.10 0.10
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) 0.10 0.10
    4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) 1.40 1.20
    1x McCoy's Mighty Meaty Ridge Cut Potato Crisps Variety Pack (6x27g) 1.45 1.00
    1x Jacob's Mini Cheddars Crispy Thins Toasted Cheddar 7 Pack (7x23g) 1.65 1.00
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) 0.10 0.10
    0.18x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) 0.14 0.13
    Comparison total (compared products only) 35.04 20.59
    +14.45 cheaper
    Or, given the correspondence that has now passed between us (in effect), am I misunderstanding? When you say "on my receipt" do you mean physically on your till receipt so that you actually paid (by whatever method of payment) 1.40 plus the cost of the Chomp on your shop in the first place? Or, by "on my receipt" do you mean your receipt comparison, that you have posted, is showing full price (maybe you were unaware that the Chomp is currently part of a glitch?)?

Otherwise I am confused. I don't know why the mbuy didn't come off at the till/SS if that has happened. Perhaps a store specific thing? Small supermarket, different prices? I don't know.
    Last edited by Savvybuyer; 01-12-2017 at 9:26 PM.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 1st Dec 17, 9:28 PM
    • 32,110 Posts
    • 457,600 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    What?

How much?
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 1st Dec 17, 9:30 PM
    • 2,416 Posts
    • 27,683 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Ive just checked & the chomp has a different bar code: 7 622210 783929. Obviously thats the problem, Ill go back in the morning but is the multibuy ending in Asda or M please?
    Thank you for your help.
    My chomp had the same barcode as yours...I didn't get the 5 4 1 on the receipt either
    11 Days to go
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Savvybuyer
    • By Savvybuyer 1st Dec 17, 9:30 PM
    • 19,829 Posts
    • 260,332 Thanks
    Savvybuyer
    I’ve just checked & the chomp has a different bar code: 7 622210 783929. Obviously that’s the problem, I’ll go back in the morning but is the multibuy ending in Asda or M please?
    Thank you for your help.
    Aha - two versions of the Chomp! It's me that is wrong - buying the wrong Chomp (that doesn't give a potential 2 GC claim). Unless it is really a completely different size of Chomp that is so massively different that no-one reasonably could fit it within the description on the SEL.

Probably someone has picked up a Chomp from elsewhere in the store and then put it back with the different size Chomps in the 5 for 1 shelving. Or are they both the same weight (23.5g)?

Seems to give us three triggers (except one isn't even in the offer but is also a no-show): Chomp (my BC), Chomp (your BC) and Buttons.

I've been caught out by this before - two different pack sizes of Hula Hoops, within a fraction of a gram difference per pack, several years ago: mine was an invisible one - would have been much better to have bought the other pack that appeared and compared everything, including itself, from full price.
    • tweets
    • By tweets 1st Dec 17, 9:31 PM
    • 28,102 Posts
    • 414,178 Thanks
    tweets
    Good Evening

Just watched a work friend get married in Jamaica

Live video popped up on Facebook

It made me cry she looked so happy
    Lost 3st-3lb
    • Marigoldsal
    • By Marigoldsal 1st Dec 17, 9:32 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 175 Thanks
    Marigoldsal
    Marigold....
    Ask Sal to sort out that coke comparison.....Savvys hopeless

Cant believe she once started a new thread with savvy hes going to have to get his act together

Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    She says he did it without her knowledge! And as she doesnt like coke she ignored it. However, her very first post on the forum was a coke glitch.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,644Posts Today

7,805Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @SF_England: @MartinSLewis Thanks Martin, just so everyone is aware- check your payslips between when you graduated and the following Ap?

• Sorry to bubble burst. But each day a lot of people tweet me this. I think it doesn't show any other votes until t? https://t.co/uRny62NRc1

• Today's Twitter poll: I want to find out are people generally happy. So how happy are you today? PS I did the same? https://t.co/3Gw9ylu2H2

• Follow Martin